Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board 16:17 - Jul 22 with 6411 viewskoober74

Can anybody tell me when Rochdale actually signed a big name? someone who got the fans excited and has a good footballing background?

No i am struggling as well...................Everybody is getting jolly over the Hogan transfer Fee and how much we got off the back off Lambert's transfer and the possibility of £500,000 off Craig Dawsons. How much has the Club received over the years for Said players? Millions.

Looking at the ground, the pitch come December and the depth of the squad nothing has been spent to propell the club forward and sustain a season in League 1.

It's hard to get behind the team when A) Best players get sold and the money doesn't get recycled into replacements B) The clubs a dump from the outside C) Last promotion was followed by a humiliating relegation.

Same thing happened when Rochdale got promoted last time and exact same is happening now. Trialists, Freebies, Youth Team and Zero spends.

Nice one Dunphy, give yourself and your Directors a pat on the back.

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:22 - Jul 22 with 3460 viewsRAFCBLUE

Congolese international Kangana Lord N'Diwa.

Sixteen letters - biggest name I can think of initially.

Any advance on 16?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 16:23]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:28 - Jul 22 with 3413 viewsSaxonDale

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:22 - Jul 22 by RAFCBLUE

Congolese international Kangana Lord N'Diwa.

Sixteen letters - biggest name I can think of initially.

Any advance on 16?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 16:23]

Charlie Comyn-Platt gets me 17- Is there an unwritten rule that all big named players must be gash?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 16:31]
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:31 - Jul 22 with 3398 viewslove_the_dale

I agree with B)
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:35 - Jul 22 with 3379 viewsRAFCBLUE

18 - Kallum Higginbotham

That's three big name signings!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:39 - Jul 22 with 3359 viewsTVOS1907

WUM

Obviously the contract extensions offered to and signed by the likes of Rose, Henderson, Vincenti, Lillis, Bennett, etc, are all being paid for with peanuts.

Our massive average crowd last season meant we are loaded and can fight off the likes of Sheffield United for recruits.

Oh, yes, Kallum Higginbotham must be worth a few Scrabble points.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:48 - Jul 22 with 3314 viewsSaxonDale

Hogan, Lambert and Dawson all bought for peanuts and sold for a healthy profit. If you want name signings I suggest you go support our Bury friends (obsessed) down the road, that of course is presuming you don't already.
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:49 - Jul 22 with 3305 viewsRochdale_Matt

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff - such a big name we signed him twice.

21 - beat that!
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:50 - Jul 22 with 3297 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I'll chip in with Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro

Also, on the Scrabble theme...didn't we have a Turkish player on short term loan in the 90s/00s called Bilial Axiyol (or something a bit like that?)

C) last promotion was followed by an exhilarating 9th place finish in League 1 wasn't it..?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 16:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:51 - Jul 22 with 3287 viewsSaxonDale

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:49 - Jul 22 by Rochdale_Matt

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff - such a big name we signed him twice.

21 - beat that!

Seems like you've played this game before.

Jean Louis Akpa-Akrpo gets me 18.
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:54 - Jul 22 with 3277 viewsmacro

Shane cansdell-sheriff

I give you 20!

As for tight wad mr bury fan, I'd prefer a well run club which kh has already has budget for 4 new players than the mess up the road. Remember kh has been working under a budget cleaning up soft lads mess
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:55 - Jul 22 with 3270 viewsTVOS1907

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:50 - Jul 22 by Albert_Whitehurst

I'll chip in with Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro

Also, on the Scrabble theme...didn't we have a Turkish player on short term loan in the 90s/00s called Bilial Axiyol (or something a bit like that?)

C) last promotion was followed by an exhilarating 9th place finish in League 1 wasn't it..?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 16:53]

Bilal Aksoy.

Or summat.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:08 - Jul 22 with 3192 viewsRotherhamDale

Clive Moyo-Modise

15. Poor effort.

Possession with progression.

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:08 - Jul 22 with 3191 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 16:55 - Jul 22 by TVOS1907

Bilal Aksoy.

Or summat.

...and here he is! http://www.fcsportsmarketing.com/biz-kimiz-team/
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:11 - Jul 22 with 3164 viewsTVOS1907

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:08 - Jul 22 by Albert_Whitehurst

...and here he is! http://www.fcsportsmarketing.com/biz-kimiz-team/

Looks like John Doolan.

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:12 - Jul 22 with 3156 viewsheywooddale

Clive Moyo Modise,

I obviously took too long to write this and got beat to the punch
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 17:16]
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:18 - Jul 22 with 3118 viewsolympicdale

Think knober74 would be a more appropriate username

Life is a game of fate.

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:21 - Jul 22 with 3102 viewsSuddenLad

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:18 - Jul 22 by olympicdale

And the cheeky bURY clown has the cheek to talk about our pitch. More neck than a bloody giraffe !

Giggle Lane pitch resembles the beach at Rhyl.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:29 - Jul 22 with 3074 viewsisitme

What is the guarantee with big names anyway? Paul Williams, Hodges, they were both real success stories. As for the directors being tight I am sure it was one of them who paid for O'Grady during our last promotion season.

We had a great season last time we went up and surprisingly we sent more on wages under Coleman and Eyre than Hilly. We had one of the lowest wage budgets in the league last season but go promoted. At our level it is hunger, passion, team spirit and good management/coaching that leads to promotion. Look at Bristol Rovers, early season favourites to be in the promotion mix and they go relegated on a much larger wage budget then us.

With our gates we will always be a selling club. In a strange way it helps up to recruit hungry players. They see Hilly developing players and allowing them to further themselves with moves that are right for all parties. Now you may want us to invest money in mercenaries but I would rather have a mixture of youth team players, hungry young players who have been released by bigger clubs and a handful of experienced players like Henderson and Rose.

I would though agree that the club needs to spend some money on doing up the exterior of the ground and invest in a new fixture board.

Oh I forgot to mention the pitch. Last season no home games were postponed due to the pitch being unplayable. We invest a lot of money on the pitch and the ground staff do an excellent job. Our pitch is a credit to the club.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 18:13]
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:58 - Jul 22 with 2978 viewsrobbowood

This has to be a wind up - or April 1st has come early - or are you a Bury supporter

'Big names' (most with big egos) want 'big money' - no doubt many such players are being accomodated at Gigg Lane as we speak

Give me players like Hogan, Le Fondre, Holt, Lambert, O'Grady etc any day. Players who give 100% for the club (on low wages) and when they depart for higher wages we get a % of any sell-on fee

The aim of our Directors is to make the club break even each season and stay in the Football League. if we get 'big money' (Hogan and hopefilly Dawson) what we musn't do is to "blow it" on one or two expensive signings which may turn out to be a disaster. This money has to be used so the future is assured for the next 5 years at least

No doubt you want our Directors to do what Stockport County did - and look where they are now

That we got promotion and will play at least one season in a higher division isn't obviously good enough for yourself and if we do get relegated it's not the end of the world

If we stay up Hilly will have performed another miracle when we are competing with clubs with even more massive budgets than what we were up against last season
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:11 - Jul 22 with 2924 viewsjokerthief

The last two postings are spot on..
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:16 - Jul 22 with 2898 viewskoober74

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:18 - Jul 22 by olympicdale

Why? Because i have a valid point?????
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:17 - Jul 22 with 2889 viewskoober74

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 17:58 - Jul 22 by robbowood

This has to be a wind up - or April 1st has come early - or are you a Bury supporter

'Big names' (most with big egos) want 'big money' - no doubt many such players are being accomodated at Gigg Lane as we speak

Give me players like Hogan, Le Fondre, Holt, Lambert, O'Grady etc any day. Players who give 100% for the club (on low wages) and when they depart for higher wages we get a % of any sell-on fee

The aim of our Directors is to make the club break even each season and stay in the Football League. if we get 'big money' (Hogan and hopefilly Dawson) what we musn't do is to "blow it" on one or two expensive signings which may turn out to be a disaster. This money has to be used so the future is assured for the next 5 years at least

No doubt you want our Directors to do what Stockport County did - and look where they are now

That we got promotion and will play at least one season in a higher division isn't obviously good enough for yourself and if we do get relegated it's not the end of the world

If we stay up Hilly will have performed another miracle when we are competing with clubs with even more massive budgets than what we were up against last season

And are the club going anywhere?
do they have a good enough squad for league 1?

Who will be the star of the season then?
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:19 - Jul 22 with 2871 viewskoober74

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:17 - Jul 22 by koober74

And the reason the other clubs has more of a transfer budget is due to the ambition of the board.
Not a tinpot Church Heating engineer.

Get your head out of the dark ages, the club needs to re-invest to expand not freebie there way back to league 2 and back up to league 1 again.
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:21 - Jul 22 with 2862 viewsisitme

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:17 - Jul 22 by koober74

And are the club going anywhere? Yes, we got promoted last season with a squad that had been together for a season.

do they have a good enough squad for league 1? Yes, I am confident of a finish outside of the relegation zone.

Who will be the star of the season then? I am sure we will have a few but personally I am expecting big things from Hery.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 18:21]
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:24 - Jul 22 with 2836 viewskoober74

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 18:21 - Jul 22 by isitme

And are the club going anywhere? Yes, we got promoted last season with a squad that had been together for a season.

do they have a good enough squad for league 1? Yes, I am confident of a finish outside of the relegation zone.

Who will be the star of the season then? I am sure we will have a few but personally I am expecting big things from Hery.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 18:21]

I personally feel uneasy when the biggest transfer news for Rochdale AFC is a player leaving.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024