Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:20 - Jul 22 with 15772 viewsrafc1984

Dale

Diba
Bennett
Eastham
McGinty
Done
Rose
Vincenti
Hery
Cannon
Camps
Bunney

Subs

Collis
BBM
Allen
Rafferty
Lancashire
Donnelly
Lund
Tanser
Logan
Hendo
Trialist 1
Trialist 2
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 19:22]
Match thread on 12:41 - Jul 23 with 1949 viewsRotherhamDale

Match thread on 11:56 - Jul 23 by fitzochris

Hilly comments now on Daleplayer. Could some kind-hearted soul let us know what he says?

Very positive.

He feels that if we played Peterborough right now then he wouldn't be worried about the team he picked. He also says that he wished Jack Muldoon would have been available but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Looking for a pacey wide man but is open to other ideas, including altering the way in which we play to accommodate the players we already have. Then, he reiterates that he doesn't feel the need to pay a transfer fee for anybody when failed trialists from higher league clubs will become available to sign.

Who did the interview? There were some nice questions asked which Hill seemed to appreciate.

Possession with progression.

Match thread on 12:44 - Jul 23 with 1928 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 12:39 - Jul 23 by ColDale

McGinty is a work in progress. He didn't impress against Flyde, and had a shocker against Halifax. But last night showed potential. He's the same age as the likes of Joe Bunney, and for me he should be judged in the same category as that. No one expects Bunney to be playing week in week out, and are rightly forgiving him of him when things don't come off.

We need to be the same with McGinty. He's had absolutely no consistency for the past two years with around half a dozen clubs at least given all his loan spells. He was here on trial, and he must have impressed Hill attitude wise to know that he is someone he can work with, and his track record will show that he brings out the best in his players.

If it takes 12 months for McGinty to become a first team regular, then we should be happy with that. Anything sooner is a bonus.

I like your optimism....he nearly killed Matt Done at the Shay. I was urging him to find his own player during most of the first half and eventually he did, to devastating effect!!
Match thread on 12:46 - Jul 23 with 1917 viewsfitzochris

Match thread on 12:41 - Jul 23 by RotherhamDale

Very positive.

He feels that if we played Peterborough right now then he wouldn't be worried about the team he picked. He also says that he wished Jack Muldoon would have been available but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Looking for a pacey wide man but is open to other ideas, including altering the way in which we play to accommodate the players we already have. Then, he reiterates that he doesn't feel the need to pay a transfer fee for anybody when failed trialists from higher league clubs will become available to sign.

Who did the interview? There were some nice questions asked which Hill seemed to appreciate.

Doesn't Leighanne do the interviews?

So, based on that, it would seem the four players alleged to be signing today won't be.

I can see where Hilly is coming from with regards to waiting for trialists from higher up to come calling, but the only downside of that I can see is the time it takes to embed new signings into the squad. Not saying it won't work etc.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread on 12:52 - Jul 23 with 1886 viewsisitme

Match thread on 11:56 - Jul 23 by fitzochris

Hilly comments now on Daleplayer. Could some kind-hearted soul let us know what he says?

He said if more people signed up to Dale Player he would have the money to be able to show ambition and sign some massive names!

Said he was encouraged with the performance of the young players against a strong Bolton team. He wasn't particularly bothered about the result but that we created more chances in the second half and both of their goals could have been avoided.

Still looking to recruit players but they have to be the right players and he would be happy if he had to start the season with the players we already have. He doesn't want any of the Hogan money which should be used to safeguard the future of the club.

He did mention that he would like a pacy wide player and that players who are currently on trial at clubs higher up the footballing pyramid will soon become available. Some mention of not particularly looking to pay a fee for any players as there are plenty available and if we have to change how we play slightly to fit them in then so be it.

Goes on about Hogan leaving and wishing him well. States that he wont be able to directly replace Hogan and that he was disappointed that he hasn't been able to see much of Muldoon, but he will be patient with him.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 12:54]
Match thread on 12:56 - Jul 23 with 1865 viewsRotherhamDale

Match thread on 12:46 - Jul 23 by fitzochris

Doesn't Leighanne do the interviews?

So, based on that, it would seem the four players alleged to be signing today won't be.

I can see where Hilly is coming from with regards to waiting for trialists from higher up to come calling, but the only downside of that I can see is the time it takes to embed new signings into the squad. Not saying it won't work etc.

She does the pre game ones, but the immediate post-match interviews are usually done by the Dale Player commentators. It was a different person this time though so I presume they were from a different outlet.

Possession with progression.

Match thread on 12:58 - Jul 23 with 1827 viewsfitzochris

Match thread on 12:52 - Jul 23 by isitme

He said if more people signed up to Dale Player he would have the money to be able to show ambition and sign some massive names!

Said he was encouraged with the performance of the young players against a strong Bolton team. He wasn't particularly bothered about the result but that we created more chances in the second half and both of their goals could have been avoided.

Still looking to recruit players but they have to be the right players and he would be happy if he had to start the season with the players we already have. He doesn't want any of the Hogan money which should be used to safeguard the future of the club.

He did mention that he would like a pacy wide player and that players who are currently on trial at clubs higher up the footballing pyramid will soon become available. Some mention of not particularly looking to pay a fee for any players as there are plenty available and if we have to change how we play slightly to fit them in then so be it.

Goes on about Hogan leaving and wishing him well. States that he wont be able to directly replace Hogan and that he was disappointed that he hasn't been able to see much of Muldoon, but he will be patient with him.

Hey, I would pay for it if it was reliable

Thanks for sharing. I take it he means he won't be able to replace Hogan with an identical player, as opposed to he won't be able to replace him with another player?

EDIT: Ignore, I see you've edited your post to clarify.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 12:59]

Match thread on 15:19 - Jul 23 with 1638 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 12:52 - Jul 23 by isitme

The point about not wanting to use the Hogan money is immense.

First of all, it shows he's very much on the same page as the board of directors and the vast majority of sensible fans. If he sees his future here, for a while at least, then having financial security will also mean we can finally have the upper hand in the transfer market when the next Hilly-inspired youngster starts attracting bids, instead of having to sell as per the Murray, Le Fondre transfers and many more before them.

Those fans who start whingeing about not splashing out transfer fees on players should remember that.

It doesn't mean we might not put in bids for players with a fee involved, and it doesn't mean we won't sell players - but in both instances the sums involved will be much more on our terms, and that's entirely down to the security we now have, probably for the first time in my Dale-watching experience of nearly 50 years.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 12:11 - Jul 24 with 1463 viewsfitzochris

Match thread on 12:33 - Jul 23 by 442Dale

That Hill comment is an interesting one. Didn't go last night but does it mean we shift to 4-4-2 when required? We did at times revert to that during games last season, especially earlier in the campaign with Hogan playing off Donnelly.

It's interesting how different managers have different thoughts on trying out new systems in friendly matches.

Here are Van Gaal's after United battered LA Galaxy:

“The result always matters. With such a result you get confidence and confidence in a new system.

"When I see my team playing a new system, it is better to win 7-0 than to lose because the players will then doubt the system.

“But now I don’t have that problem.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024