Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:20 - Jul 22 with 15769 viewsrafc1984

Dale

Diba
Bennett
Eastham
McGinty
Done
Rose
Vincenti
Hery
Cannon
Camps
Bunney

Subs

Collis
BBM
Allen
Rafferty
Lancashire
Donnelly
Lund
Tanser
Logan
Hendo
Trialist 1
Trialist 2
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 19:22]
Match thread on 21:26 - Jul 22 with 3722 viewsrafc1984

Match thread on 21:22 - Jul 22 by YouTubeDale

Bolton News saying he looks an imposing type...Bit like Ariza Makakula.

Who is he ???????????????

Its not him. 33 years old, Portugese, spent much of his career in la liga
Match thread on 21:28 - Jul 22 with 3695 viewsYouTubeDale

Attendance 1707

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match thread on 21:35 - Jul 22 with 3570 viewsYouTubeDale

FT

Lots of long range shots and some good saves from Diba.

Match thread on 21:39 - Jul 22 with 3498 views442Dale

Match thread on 21:17 - Jul 22 by leedsdale

Twitter reckons Calvin Andrew

Andrew was an impressive sub for York at Spotland towards the end of the season. Mobile targetman who once looked to have real potential at Palace. Never scored that many throughout his career.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 21:41]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 21:42 - Jul 22 with 3462 viewsYouTubeDale

A Diba song?????

Not the same lyrics ofcourse.

Match thread on 21:51 - Jul 22 with 3357 viewsRooleyblue

Match thread on 21:39 - Jul 22 by 442Dale

Andrew was an impressive sub for York at Spotland towards the end of the season. Mobile targetman who once looked to have real potential at Palace. Never scored that many throughout his career.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 21:41]

If its the 27 year old former York player is goalscoring record for a striker is appalling. Unless he can hold up the ball and feed another striker as a set up man, he doesn't look that promising on paper. Would be good to know his assist stats, however Hilly normally as a plan, so who knows.
Match thread on 22:01 - Jul 22 with 3249 viewsbocadave

surely not calvin Andrew.eleven clubs,87 apps plus 109 subs,and the grand total of 13 goals. I know keith can turn water into wine but there is limit.
Match thread on 22:02 - Jul 22 with 3242 views1907

Having had a look on Google Images I think it's safe to say it was Andrew. Thought he did very well when he came on to be honest. Reminded me very much of Chris O'Grady in his movement and hold up play. Looks to have a bit of pace and offers some much needed beef upfront. Maybe he is going to be the man to link up the midfield and feed Muldoon?
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 22:03 - Jul 22 with 3234 viewsstigmundo77

Really surprised by that trialist ? So much for hope and Dawson signing !! Utter bollecks spouted on the message board
Match thread on 22:04 - Jul 22 with 3220 viewsnordenblue

Match thread on 22:01 - Jul 22 by bocadave

surely not calvin Andrew.eleven clubs,87 apps plus 109 subs,and the grand total of 13 goals. I know keith can turn water into wine but there is limit.

Lee Thorpe didnt score many goals but he was quality at holding the ball up and creating things for other players, theres more to a forwards play than simply putting the ball in a net
Match thread on 22:06 - Jul 22 with 3201 viewsTommoRAFC

I thought we played alright tonight, well for 70 minutes, then we dropped the tempo of pressing which Hill was going ballistic about.

Diba 5 (Tough on his second appearance but he really should have kept the goals out.)
Bennett 6
Eastham 6
McGinty 6 (Much better than at Halifax.)
Done 6
Rose 5 (Poor night at the office, manager wasn't happy with the quality of his crossing.)
Vincenti 6
Hery 7 (My MOM, looks better with every game he plays!)
Cannon 6
Camps 6
Bunney 6

Subs
Rafferty 6
Andrew 5 (Adebola with a 50p head, no idea where his headers were going at all, please don't sign him Hill!)
Tanser 6
Logan 6 (Grafted but still haven't seen him produce any of the confident wing play you see from him at YTS level.)

Not sure who the second trialist was meant to be, couldn't see one on the bench anyway. Anyone see the second trialist?

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Match thread on 22:11 - Jul 22 with 3146 viewsisitme

A bit harsh on Diba. The second was a good finish in the corner. He could have done better with the first but he is only 16 and looked positive.

Hery had a good game and I thought Cannon did well. Tanser again put in a good shift when he came on and his cross for trialist 1 was excellent.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 22:19]
Match thread on 22:18 - Jul 22 with 3089 viewsTommoRAFC

Match thread on 22:11 - Jul 22 by isitme

A bit harsh on Diba. The second was a good finish in the corner. He could have done better with the first but he is only 16 and looked positive.

Hery had a good game and I thought Cannon did well. Tanser again put in a good shift when he came on and his cross for trialist 1 was excellent.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 22:19]

The corner of his near post, he was poor tonight, but it was a tough test that he'll be better for.

Not doubting his ability he's definitely one for the future, he's had a rough pre-season so far though.

Tanser has been the player of pre-season for me so far, he's handled the step up really well.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Match thread on 22:20 - Jul 22 with 3054 viewsSuddenLad

In all honesty we had 3 clear chances in front of goal that you would normally expect to convert into goals. Two great opportunities from headers and a 3rd more difficult chance, but one which you'd expect to score from had it been a competitive match.

Bolton were no great shakes and Beckford was appalling. spent more time falling over and moaning. He's a shadow of the player he once was.

Don't think they'll be troubling the play-off places this season. Feeney is still a thug and a moaning git and the numbers 11 (Hall) and 44 (Kamara ?) were the subject of much grief from the Bolton staff sat in the Directors box. Sounds like they may be bound for pastures new.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread on 22:21 - Jul 22 with 3027 viewsToffeemanc

Match thread on 22:06 - Jul 22 by TommoRAFC

I thought we played alright tonight, well for 70 minutes, then we dropped the tempo of pressing which Hill was going ballistic about.

Diba 5 (Tough on his second appearance but he really should have kept the goals out.)
Bennett 6
Eastham 6
Done 6
Rose 5 (Poor night at the office, manager wasn't happy with the quality of his crossing.)
Vincenti 6
Cannon 6
Camps 6
Bunney 6

Subs
Rafferty 6
Andrew 5 (Adebola with a 50p head, no idea where his headers were going at all, please don't sign him Hill!)
Tanser 6
Logan 6 (Grafted but still haven't seen him produce any of the confident wing play you see from him at YTS level.)

Not sure who the second trialist was meant to be, couldn't see one on the bench anyway. Anyone see the second trialist?

Your ratings seem pretty fair to me with the exception of McGinty. I didn't go to Halifax so I'll take your word for it he was better tonight, but tonight I thought he was awful. Beaten in the air most times for a defender his size is criminal. Also his distribution was pretty poor and aimless at times. He also gets turned/beaten far too easily. If he is going to be part of the starting eleven then we are in for a long season. Thought Tanser did very well when he came on and was also very good against Wigan. He looks a far better prospect and player than McGinty. From the current squad McGinty would be 5th choice centre half for me currently based on what I have seen.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread on 22:34 - Jul 22 with 2943 views1907

Tanser is in line to be number one LB for me off his performances so far. Think he is far better defensively than Done and Rose looks like he's lost even more pace this summer
Match thread on 22:44 - Jul 22 with 2855 viewsboromat

Funny how people see the game differently. We pretty much had a reserve team out tonight against more or less a Bolton first team in comparison. And we bossed the play were the more positive and deserved something from the game. Bolton were very negative but made the most of our lacks in concentration.

Diba - 7 (some brilliant saves, commanded his area, good with the ball at his feet, could have done better with the goals.
Bennett - 7 but wasn't on that long.
Eastham - 7 but should have scored
McGinty - 6 still not convinced
Done - 6 much better than the last match still needs to improve
Hery - 8 brilliant from start to finish broke play up and kept it moving
Vincenti - 6 awful first half decent second
Cannon - 7 worked his socks off and played some brilliant stuff just looked at some points to be trying too hard and ended up making a couple of harsh challenges and ran himself into the ground.
Camps - 7 Good performance at times he looked like his was taking the Mick out of spearing.
Rose - 6 Worked hard defensively solid and made some great passes unfortunately his crossing could have been better at times.
Bunney - 6 When he got the ball at his and ran at them he was brilliant and was unlucky not to get his head on a few. Unfortunately didn't see enough of him.

Rafferty - 7 Standard Raff performance
Tanser - 8 At the minute he starts for me, Done and McGinty should be looking over their shoulders.
Trialist - 7 Jury is still out but looked promising as a different option strong with pace and height very much in the O'Grady type mould. Don't think O'Grady had scored that many before he came Dale had he?
Logan - 6 One a two good moves got stuck in but doesn't look ready to me.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread on 22:47 - Jul 22 with 2831 viewsColDale

Cannon looks a lot more progressed than the equivalent first year pros at the same time last season.
Match thread on 22:48 - Jul 22 with 2820 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 22:03 - Jul 22 by stigmundo77

Really surprised by that trialist ? So much for hope and Dawson signing !! Utter bollecks spouted on the message board

The post said they were signing on Wednesday ? Its only Tuesday! Im sure Hill knows enough about Dawson without giving him a 'trial' game. Just hope the Hope story is true also. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread on 22:58 - Jul 22 with 2748 viewsMass_Debater

Match thread on 22:03 - Jul 22 by stigmundo77

Nobody has or hasn't signed yet.
Match thread on 22:59 - Jul 22 with 2746 viewsMass_Debater

Match thread on 19:43 - Jul 22 by rafc1984

Parks and Dawson at a guess...

Wrong colour.
Match thread on 23:37 - Jul 22 with 2594 viewsolympicdale

Bennett 6
Eastham 6
Done 6
Vincenti 6
Cannon 6
Camps 6
Bunney 6

Subs
Rafferty 6
Tanser 6

Funny how people see games differently, I thought Rose was one of the better players, his crosses were generally good, but we either didn't jump for them, or anticipate them, it cant always be the crossers fault, i also thought he retained possession well. Unless we sign someone up front we will struggle big time though, Hendo is always a big loss, and we need to have someone feeding off him, I am eager to see Muldoon, and how he slots in. Camps had a generally quiet night, Cannon was almost anonymous, and Hery bossed the midfield. All in all a good work out for the young lads, a word on Diba, really impressed with his confidence in tight situations, coming out playing the sweeper role on more than one occasion too, very positive.for such a young age.

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 23:38 - Jul 22 with 2590 viewsolympicdale

Match thread on 22:48 - Jul 22 by dingdangblue

The post said they were signing on Wednesday ? Its only Tuesday! Im sure Hill knows enough about Dawson without giving him a 'trial' game. Just hope the Hope story is true also. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Exactly, its not like he's Paddy McCourt or anything..

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 23:55 - Jul 22 with 2547 viewsSaxonDale

Match thread on 22:01 - Jul 22 by bocadave

I remember COG's record weren't the best before Dale tbf.
Match thread on 00:25 - Jul 23 with 2489 viewsstomper

Bennett 6
Eastham 6
Done 6
Vincenti 6
Cannon 6
Camps 6
Bunney 6

Subs
Rafferty 6
Tanser 6

"then we dropped the tempo of pressing which Hill was going ballistic about."

Tell you that did he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024