Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. 13:12 - Jul 24 with 1868 viewsSuddenLad

Rumours confirmed..

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/oconnor-departs-1779604.aspx

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 14:28 - Jul 24 with 1660 viewsSaxonDale

Can't help but feel O'Connor may look back at his time at Dale in a few years time and think he missed his chance. I doubt there are many clubs in the country at the moment which offer youth a chance as much as Dale and we saw with Jamie Allen how sometimes you need to just train hard and be patient. The times when we were short at the back last season but O'Connor still never got close to the first team would suggest he perhaps hasn't looked like fulfilling the potential he must have had for Hill to offer him a 2 year deal. It also wouldn't surprise me if Logan goes the same way reading the lines between Hilly's interviews.

I presume Hilly and Beech will be using O'Connor as an example to Cannon/Camps to show that there is still a lot of work to do after signing your first pro deal.
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 15:16 - Jul 24 with 1530 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rare opportunity for someone new to come in an take a chance.
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:28 - Jul 24 with 1382 viewsDickydaler

D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 14:28 - Jul 24 by SaxonDale

Can't help but feel O'Connor may look back at his time at Dale in a few years time and think he missed his chance. I doubt there are many clubs in the country at the moment which offer youth a chance as much as Dale and we saw with Jamie Allen how sometimes you need to just train hard and be patient. The times when we were short at the back last season but O'Connor still never got close to the first team would suggest he perhaps hasn't looked like fulfilling the potential he must have had for Hill to offer him a 2 year deal. It also wouldn't surprise me if Logan goes the same way reading the lines between Hilly's interviews.

I presume Hilly and Beech will be using O'Connor as an example to Cannon/Camps to show that there is still a lot of work to do after signing your first pro deal.

I think that might be a harsh on D'Arcy and Joel as I believe that for most of last season they were out on loan at (a wild guess!) Workington or Staleybridge, and it may not have been too easy to recall them at short notice. Also, I'm not sure whose decision it is to send them out on loan, the clubs or the players.
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:47 - Jul 24 with 1313 viewsSaxonDale

D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:28 - Jul 24 by Dickydaler

I think that might be a harsh on D'Arcy and Joel as I believe that for most of last season they were out on loan at (a wild guess!) Workington or Staleybridge, and it may not have been too easy to recall them at short notice. Also, I'm not sure whose decision it is to send them out on loan, the clubs or the players.

Hill said a few times last season that he didn't want anyone going out on loan and the few times it did happen you got the impression he was very reluctant to let it happen (said as much on DP after Gray went out.)

Hilly criticised O'Connor and Tanser at the beginning of last season for going on a 'lad's holiday' which meant they were a few weeks behind everyone else in preseason. It may have been this which made Hilly go in for another CB in O'Connell, however it certainly didn't help the two defenders as neither were anywhere near the first team last year (from memory.) This season Tanser seems to have returned ready to attempt to break in to Rochdale's first team whilst O'Connor didn't even travel to Tenerife. Pure speculation but had this been solely down to O'Connor wanting first team football surely this could have been sorted out at the end of last season?

As for Logan, Hilly has gone on record for his desire for a pacey winger and surely Logan fits this criteria- so why has he hardly featured in preseason? I can only presume Hilly doesn't think he's up to scratch.
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:51 - Jul 24 with 1306 viewsmacro

D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:47 - Jul 24 by SaxonDale

Hill said a few times last season that he didn't want anyone going out on loan and the few times it did happen you got the impression he was very reluctant to let it happen (said as much on DP after Gray went out.)

Hilly criticised O'Connor and Tanser at the beginning of last season for going on a 'lad's holiday' which meant they were a few weeks behind everyone else in preseason. It may have been this which made Hilly go in for another CB in O'Connell, however it certainly didn't help the two defenders as neither were anywhere near the first team last year (from memory.) This season Tanser seems to have returned ready to attempt to break in to Rochdale's first team whilst O'Connor didn't even travel to Tenerife. Pure speculation but had this been solely down to O'Connor wanting first team football surely this could have been sorted out at the end of last season?

As for Logan, Hilly has gone on record for his desire for a pacey winger and surely Logan fits this criteria- so why has he hardly featured in preseason? I can only presume Hilly doesn't think he's up to scratch.

He was injured in Tenerife
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:58 - Jul 24 with 1275 viewsD_Dale

D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:28 - Jul 24 by Dickydaler

O'Connor was on loan at Hyde, Nov-Jan last season, playing in 10 matches (maybe he's got a chance of signing there for the coming season?). He had one senior game for Dale, in April 2013.

Logan made 4 appearances for Southport in Nov-Dec. In the 2012-13season he was a Dale sub five times.

Both are 19 - the same age as Jamie Allen, and there might be a sense in O'Connor's case that he's getting left behind. Good luck to the lad in finding a club. Maybe he'll be like Scott Hogan, slipping down the pyramid but then climbing back up.
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 17:01 - Jul 24 with 1264 viewsDickydaler

D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 16:47 - Jul 24 by SaxonDale

Yes, maybe your right in what you say; it does make sense I guess. If so, it is a shame for D'Arcy as, after seeing him play once or twice with the big boys, I thought he looked quite good. Lets hope for better with Logan when he recovers from his injury.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 17:03]
D'arcy O'Connor leaves Spotland.............. on 18:22 - Jul 24 with 1128 viewsColDale

The bar's been raised. Our youth players such as Tanser, Allen, Cannon etc are being nurtured to become Championship players, not just League Two players. O'Connor may well have been good enough under previous standards.

I'd like to see Logan having some game time. I think there's potential there, but he does seem to be behind his peers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024