Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin Andrew signs 11:37 - Jul 25 with 15789 viewsfitzochris

On a two-year deal.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calvin Andrew signs on 13:44 - Jul 28 with 2283 views442Dale

We commented at the time that the previous no. 9 may have tried a hopeful shot from a silly angle.

That alone illustrates Andrew made the correct decision. It was a brilliant ball as Henderson didn't have to break stride.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin Andrew signs on 14:00 - Jul 28 with 2215 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Calvin Andrew signs on 09:17 - Jul 26 by mikehunt

Hmmm. This aspect appears to be one of Keefy's blind spots. Think of Elding, Dickinson and Thingy from Halifax. Calvs missed a sitter with a threepennybit header on Tuesday and to give him 2 years seems a bit premature. But he looks the part and, just maybe, we can get another COG.
Up the Dale!

"looks the part".......wears wrist bands,must be good then!
Calvin Andrew signs on 14:06 - Jul 28 with 2195 viewsolympicdale

Calvin Andrew signs on 13:29 - Jul 28 by Brierls

You'd have thought after 44 years 'experience' you'd have an inkling of a clue what you're talking about. Clearly not.

Andrew controlled the ball pretty well, showed good awareness and played a perfect ball to Hendo, taking the keeper and recovering defenders completely out of the equation. 100% the correct decision in that particular situation.

Andrew showed in that one move he has more the footballing brain than Donnelly will ever have, very intelligent play.

Life is a game of fate.

Calvin Andrew signs on 14:38 - Jul 28 with 2110 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin Andrew signs on 13:00 - Jul 28 by ParkinsGimp

Not impressed with this signing in the slightest. He looked pretty hopeless( admittedly against decent opponents) but his scoring record is abysmal, and I can see why, he should of slotted the ball in the net when he was put through on saturday instead of giving Hendo the tap in. Perhaps his confidence is shot.
I also dont like the idea that this will be our game plan , lump it to Andrew get him to flick it on, surely League One teams will suss this out.
Hope you guys are right and he turns the lads career around.

1. It wasnt lumped to Andrew - it was a lovely through ball. 2. He played a perfect ball across for Hendo who was in a much better position to score. 3. If he does the same v Peterbrough I will be thrilled.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin Andrew signs on 15:17 - Jul 28 with 2036 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin Andrew signs on 13:06 - Jul 28 by ParkinsGimp

You reckon? I was there sat and been to Dale for 44 years and believe me he should of could of done better to score, but hey you are the font of all wisdom and knowledge of course.
DH

You weren't that bloke sat in the Main Stand arguing with other Dale fans, were you?

"Go and watch tennis if you don't like swearing," was his best line.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:10 - Jul 28 with 1777 viewsLondondale

I will reserve judgment but given the sheer number of tweets from so many different clubs' fans I am sceptical. I'm sceptical as to why he has been given the number '9' shirt which, yes, doesn't mean anything in reality is symbolic. I'm sceptical that he is not the new Cogba (older, more clubs, worse scoring record). I'm also unsure as to why he's got a two year deal.

But in hilly we trust. If anyone can make him a player, Keith can.

Up the dale
Calvin Andrew signs on 23:24 - Jul 28 with 1762 views442Dale

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:10 - Jul 28 by Londondale

I will reserve judgment but given the sheer number of tweets from so many different clubs' fans I am sceptical. I'm sceptical as to why he has been given the number '9' shirt which, yes, doesn't mean anything in reality is symbolic. I'm sceptical that he is not the new Cogba (older, more clubs, worse scoring record). I'm also unsure as to why he's got a two year deal.

But in hilly we trust. If anyone can make him a player, Keith can.

Up the dale

Number 9s since Chris Dagnall left:

Elding
Bunn
Symes
Donnelly

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:28 - Jul 28 with 1751 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:24 - Jul 28 by 442Dale

Elding
Bunn
Symes
Donnelly

Blimey!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:29 - Jul 28 with 1750 viewsColDale

Who was the last player we signed who came with a glowing reference from his previous team's fans?
Calvin Andrew signs on 23:33 - Jul 28 with 1747 viewsLondondale

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:29 - Jul 28 by ColDale

Who was the last player we signed who came with a glowing reference from his previous team's fans?

I see what you're saying, Col, but we're not talking about a 'not-glowing' reference to be fair. Anyway as I say, reserving judgment, just skeptical even of Hilly's talents!
Calvin Andrew signs on 23:36 - Jul 28 with 1740 viewsColDale

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:33 - Jul 28 by Londondale

I see what you're saying, Col, but we're not talking about a 'not-glowing' reference to be fair. Anyway as I say, reserving judgment, just skeptical even of Hilly's talents!

wasn't a dig, but rather an open question. There's been precious few in the last few years who've come here where previous fans have had anything positive to say. Dicker came with plenty of positives from memory, but aside from him, there's not been many.
Calvin Andrew signs on 23:37 - Jul 28 with 1735 viewssandylaner1

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:24 - Jul 28 by 442Dale

Elding
Bunn
Symes
Donnelly

[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 23:40]
Calvin Andrew signs on 23:50 - Jul 28 with 1721 viewsShun

Calvin Andrew signs on 23:29 - Jul 28 by ColDale

I remember a fair few Aldershot fans saying Vincenti was far too good for us when he signed last summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024