Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin Andrew signs 11:37 - Jul 25 with 15742 viewsfitzochris

On a two-year deal.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:39 - Jul 25 with 6947 viewsfitzochris

The next Chris O'Grady or the next Dele Adebola. Discuss.

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:40 - Jul 25 with 6922 viewsJimmyRustler

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am by this one.
Calvin Andrew signs on 11:42 - Jul 25 with 6899 viewsdale1996

Chris O'grady all day long. I'm really optimistic with this signing.. What we've been needing for so long and all is missing from his game is goals... Keith can easily add this I think and Andrew will certainly bring others into the game, remember thinking he was class last season. Let's be positive.
Calvin Andrew signs on 11:44 - Jul 25 with 6881 viewsfitzochris

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:42 - Jul 25 by dale1996

Chris O'grady all day long. I'm really optimistic with this signing.. What we've been needing for so long and all is missing from his game is goals... Keith can easily add this I think and Andrew will certainly bring others into the game, remember thinking he was class last season. Let's be positive.

Absolutely. He's been given the No.9 shirt too.

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:47 - Jul 25 with 6829 viewsfitzochris

He might not need to add goals to his game either. If Hilly brings someone else in to feed off him, or uses someone we already have, then Andrew would already be worthy of the shirt.

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:48 - Jul 25 with 6827 viewsTommoRAFC

O'Grady 23 goals before signing for Dale. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=34857

Andrew 17 goals before signing for Dale. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=39720

Will Andrew be half the player Cogba is? Don't know, must admit I'm a little underwhelmed by this signing, time will tell I suppose. Keith must have faith in him though, I was expecting to read he'd signed on non-contract terms like Vidal, but he's got a two year deal like the rest of the squad.

Edit - To be fair Andrew played alot of his football above Dale's level, unlike O'Grady.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 11:50]

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:49 - Jul 25 with 6803 viewsseasidedale

Dont know about this one, not a good record but hope i am wrong we will see
Calvin Andrew signs on 11:51 - Jul 25 with 6787 viewsJimmyRustler

He actually looks like O'Grady on the picture of him signing the contract..
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:54 - Jul 25 with 6745 viewsSandy_lane_lad

All the faith in the world in this latest signing. I trust Keiths ability to pick out a player and Hilly himself seems excited at the prospect of him slotting into our team. So he'll do for me. We've been needing a 'Presence' up front for a while now.

He comes across to me as someone who might not bag us 20 goal a season but he'll sure as hell get near that in assists with our style of play.

In Keith We Trust.
Calvin Andrew signs on 11:56 - Jul 25 with 6714 viewsfitzochris

He's clearly been signed, like COG and Adebola, to be the focal point of the attack, to hold up the ball and bring others in to play. We were lucky with COG, as, not only did he do that brilliantly, he scored a barrow-load of goals too.

Adebola... well, he tried.

Lee Thorpe played the role well, too.

Let's see how it all pans out.

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:57 - Jul 25 with 6695 viewsDaleFan7

Not immediately excited by this one but we will see what happens.
Calvin Andrew signs on 12:00 - Jul 25 with 6661 viewsD_Alien

Calvin Andrew signs on 11:39 - Jul 25 by fitzochris

The next Chris O'Grady or the next Dele Adebola. Discuss.

A better comparison would be COG or Lee Thorpe.

Looks to me like a younger, fitter, perhaps classier version of what Thorpe brought to the team.

Pleased, rather than excited at this stage.

Edit: just seen your 11.56 post
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 12:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:02 - Jul 25 with 6635 viewsfitzochris

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:00 - Jul 25 by D_Alien

A better comparison would be COG or Lee Thorpe.

Looks to me like a younger, fitter, perhaps classier version of what Thorpe brought to the team.

Pleased, rather than excited at this stage.

Edit: just seen your 11.56 post
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 12:02]

Yeah, I did mention Thorpe above. Not an exciting signing in the way a Hallam Hope or Danny Rose might be, but a solid one nonetheless.

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:06 - Jul 25 with 6594 viewsdeanogod

COG was 24 when he signed and had scored 13 in a season for rotherham so everyone could see the potential was there. This guy has never got more than 5 in a season.After all the cash we've raked in its a bit disappointing that this is what we've come up with. However hill has more than earned everyones full support so andrews will get my full support
Calvin Andrew signs on 12:06 - Jul 25 with 6588 viewsChaffRAFC

This is the first time I think I've had the urge to question Hill over a transfer. A quick scan of Twitter reaction to him signing for us is pretty bad reading. A lot of people are laughing and that's from people who haven't just looked at his goals tally.

Think this is a gamble and I really hope it works but I'm not overly confident. I hope to God that Hill doesn't think that's our striker issue solved. We can't rely on Henderson's 12 goals from out wide surely?

In Hill we trust.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:10 - Jul 25 with 6537 viewsfitzochris

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:06 - Jul 25 by ChaffRAFC

This is the first time I think I've had the urge to question Hill over a transfer. A quick scan of Twitter reaction to him signing for us is pretty bad reading. A lot of people are laughing and that's from people who haven't just looked at his goals tally.

Think this is a gamble and I really hope it works but I'm not overly confident. I hope to God that Hill doesn't think that's our striker issue solved. We can't rely on Henderson's 12 goals from out wide surely?

In Hill we trust.

I honestly think Hilly will sign another striker, a goal-scorer that will complement Andrew's style. Be it permanent or on loan, I think he will.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 12:17]

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:26 - Jul 25 with 6419 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin's career has hit the skids in recent years but in his brief time here Hilly must have seen something he likes - just hope he's not pants.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:29 - Jul 25 with 6393 viewsfunkkk

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:10 - Jul 25 by fitzochris

I honestly think Hilly will sign another striker, a goal-scorer that will complement Andrew's style. Be it permanent or on loan, I think he will.

Hopefully! Signing a striker who averages a goal every 17 games isn't the most inspiring!
Calvin Andrew signs on 12:32 - Jul 25 with 6375 viewsisitme

During last season many people were crying out for a physical presence, a target man style player. Well now we have got one, who appears to have more pace then Thorpe and Adebola put together. If he is hungry, works hard and buys into Hilly's vision then he could become an asset. He looked okay on Tuesday night and I would like to see him start on Saturday.

For people to be slagging him off before he has even played a game for us is wrong and as we have seen many times, different players suit certain systems and managers.

I think Muldoon being injured has made us look more lightweight in terms of numbers than we really are.

I still think depth in the centre of the park and a pacy wide player (which could be Logan if he could kick on) are essential before the start of the season.
Calvin Andrew signs on 12:41 - Jul 25 with 6300 viewsTalkingSutty

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:06 - Jul 25 by ChaffRAFC

In Hill we trust.

Looking forward to seeing Calvins all round game. I can handle 10 goals a season if he brings other qualities with him.
Mobility, strength and a good first touch would make him a good signing. Hilly obviously hasn't just signed him to provide the goals because his record is pretty poor. If he compliments Muldoon and another striker then it could be a shrewd signing. Hilly knows what he is doing, looking forward to watching our new signing tommoz.
Calvin Andrew signs on 12:42 - Jul 25 with 6290 viewssandylaner1

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:10 - Jul 25 by fitzochris

He definitely needs to do so, IMO

He's said as much himself but we need some real quality in now

Calvin will be a good signing if he's been brought in to be used as target man/foil for another striker (goal scorer) to play alongside

Now we wait
Calvin Andrew signs on 12:59 - Jul 25 with 6182 viewsfunkkk

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:41 - Jul 25 by TalkingSutty

Looking forward to seeing Calvins all round game. I can handle 10 goals a season if he brings other qualities with him.
Mobility, strength and a good first touch would make him a good signing. Hilly obviously hasn't just signed him to provide the goals because his record is pretty poor. If he compliments Muldoon and another striker then it could be a shrewd signing. Hilly knows what he is doing, looking forward to watching our new signing tommoz.

He hasn't scored ten goals for any one club never mind in one season. I would be delighted if he manages that.
Calvin Andrew signs on 12:59 - Jul 25 with 6182 viewselectricblue

Just the player who hogan could have played off and bagged a good few..
perhaps andrews n muldoon can strike up a decent partnership or even with bunny.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Calvin Andrew signs on 13:06 - Jul 25 with 6141 viewsTalkingSutty

Calvin Andrew signs on 12:59 - Jul 25 by funkkk

He hasn't scored ten goals for any one club never mind in one season. I would be delighted if he manages that.

But now he has a home for the next couple of years and a manager who you would put good money on to get the best out of him. I was underwhelmed when his name was first banded around but now have a funny feeling this could prove a very good signing. Lets all get behind the lad.
Calvin Andrew signs on 13:09 - Jul 25 with 6114 viewsisitme

On his Dale Player interview. Hilly was very complimentary about Andrews and said that the midfielders will like to play with him and that he can get more out of him that he has shown at other clubs. He did say that although he his big, strong and mobile player that the backroom staff can improve his conditioning.

It was telling that Hilly said he was on the lookout for three more players, but that two of them will probably be loan signings that he might have to wait a few weeks for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024