Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A neutral perspective 21:59 - Jul 26 with 3101 viewsWhiteyBFC

Well, kind of. I mean, I'm a Jacob fan not a Boro fan, and above all else I'm a Barnsley supporter, but I do like Dale and so it all evened itself out today and I could just enjoy the game for what it was. Neutral, ish.

First half I thought Boro were a class apart. The first half an hour especially, the midfield were running the game, with Tomlin and Kike linking up well up top. Both widemen for Boro were relative kids in Halliday and Reach but both were impressive, the latter in particular and his volley for the opener was a thing of beauty.

The first penalty was nailed on, no arguments, the second one I thought harsh as Lancashire seemed to have got the ball. Even harsher that it had been given straight after Dale had pulled a goal back. A good goal as well after a good play where at last the likes of Allen got the ball down. Andrew did very well for his part in it, and Hendo wasn't going to miss.

Second half was a bit of a non event, as I think the heat and changes in personnel played their part. But Dale were much more compact, more solid. Vincenti I'd prefer in the centre but he did keep Halliday and Friend quiet once on, in terms of Boro using the left to get forward. But the centre of the park was the weak area for Dale, where Smallwood, Butterfield and Tomlin were just too good with their runs/balls/technique. That's nothing to worry about, we're talking about a Championship team here. The Spaniard they've just spent £3m on looked quality up front, and I expect Boro to really push the top six this season. Their defence is solid, and Friend especially is probably better than the Championship.

Individually, I think Rafferty and Donnelly were poor today. The latter can trap a ball (ahem) further than some can kick it. I don't see what he offers the side other than trying. Andrew looked decent to me, with no service or support to speak of, and up against Ayala and Gibson who are as commanding a pairing that you'll find at that level.

Overall, I wouldn't worry too much. It's clear that without Hogan, or someone willing to run at players you're going to struggle to score as freely this year, but Keith int daft, he'll sort it out. Not sure Tanser is the right man to partner Lancy, bit soon for him perhaps, but I was quite impressed again by Allen. Reminds me of Jacob when he was that sort of age. Jacob now plays deeper, more of a holding player these days. He got 90 minutes for the first time ever under this manager and so that's all we were hoping for. Hopefully he'll kick on himself this season.

I bumped into a few of you lads after the game, good to see you as ever, and I'll be coming over again in October but much earlier and probably sat with you's in the home end. Make a day of it.

Chins up, don't let the morbid among you get you down, friendlies mean nowt. Trust in Keith. He knows what he's doing. I met his little lad Sidney before we left, gave me a high five. Cute as they come that kid. Nowt like his dad.

Cheers for reading.

A neutral perspective (n/t) on 23:03 - Jul 26 with 2955 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bit of disappointment for us lot today but against a really decent Boro outfit.

Good workout.

Did n't "our Jacob" assist in the first goal with his corner? Big fella he is too.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 23:06]
A neutral perspective (n/t) on 23:05 - Jul 26 with 2945 viewsroccydaleian

Who else did you meet apart from me? Anyhow good assumption. See you in October pal.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 23:12]
A neutral perspective on 23:38 - Jul 26 with 2850 viewsRotherhamDale

We'd have had a 3 man central midfield in a competitive game (I hope) to try and combat the Boro triangle but we'd have still struggled. Tanser is a left back by trade but Hill likes to confuse us.

Possession with progression.

A neutral perspective on 08:56 - Jul 27 with 2641 viewsPDIDDY

Tazzys efforts are much better

Gissa job

A neutral perspective (n/t) on 09:50 - Jul 27 with 2548 viewsTVOS1907

A neutral perspective (n/t) on 23:05 - Jul 26 by roccydaleian

Who else did you meet apart from me? Anyhow good assumption. See you in October pal.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 23:12]

People who matter.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

A neutral perspective on 12:13 - Jul 27 with 2328 viewsWhiteyBFC

A neutral perspective on 08:56 - Jul 27 by PDIDDY

Tazzys efforts are much better

I agree. It's the photos of lager and random sights from train windows that I'm missing.
A neutral perspective on 22:15 - Jul 27 with 1911 viewsPDIDDY

A neutral perspective on 12:13 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

I agree. It's the photos of lager and random sights from train windows that I'm missing.

Nice one whitey, too many on here take it little too serious , have you heard owt on the Danny rose front, I know we were trying to sign him 3 weeks ago

Gissa job

A neutral perspective on 22:44 - Jul 27 with 1887 views100notout

"we" ?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Login to get fewer ads

A neutral perspective on 23:00 - Jul 27 with 1862 viewsWhiteyBFC

A neutral perspective on 22:15 - Jul 27 by PDIDDY

Nice one whitey, too many on here take it little too serious , have you heard owt on the Danny rose front, I know we were trying to sign him 3 weeks ago

He started the 1-1 draw with Hull yesterday. No sign of trialist Will Hoskins either. However, we're apparently signing Carl Baker and A.N Other tomorrow, thought to be a striker. Rumours that it's Grant Holt have just caused me to laugh hysterically.

If I hear owt, I'll let you know on your forum, although I've still not introduced myself yet.
A neutral perspective on 11:06 - Jul 28 with 1581 viewsBrierls

A neutral perspective on 22:15 - Jul 27 by PDIDDY

Hallam Hope or Danny Rose. Which of the two is better suited to the higher standard of football in League One, Didz? We need a striker, you see, and bury seemed to warm both of them up well for a crack at a higher level.
A neutral perspective on 12:48 - Jul 28 with 1486 viewsBarryStrange

A neutral perspective on 11:06 - Jul 28 by Brierls

Hallam Hope or Danny Rose. Which of the two is better suited to the higher standard of football in League One, Didz? We need a striker, you see, and bury seemed to warm both of them up well for a crack at a higher level.

Hallam Hope for me. Stronger and a better finisher, notwithstanding Rose's genuinely joyous 96th minute pearler at Scunthorpe.

However you ain't getting Hope as he seems to be off to Hibs. So we warmed him up, as you rightly said, for a higher level - just a higher level than a move to Rochdale. :)

If you can sign Danny Rose then do.
A neutral perspective on 12:49 - Jul 28 with 1477 viewsSalwaDale

A neutral perspective on 12:48 - Jul 28 by BarryStrange

Hallam Hope for me. Stronger and a better finisher, notwithstanding Rose's genuinely joyous 96th minute pearler at Scunthorpe.

However you ain't getting Hope as he seems to be off to Hibs. So we warmed him up, as you rightly said, for a higher level - just a higher level than a move to Rochdale. :)

Question: Are Hibs playing at a higher level than us, or you for that matter?

TBBT

A neutral perspective on 12:52 - Jul 28 with 1470 viewsfitzochris

A neutral perspective on 12:48 - Jul 28 by BarryStrange

Debatable whether Hibs are playing at a higher level than League One comparatively. Bigger club certainly, but the Scottish Championship overall, is probably weaker than League One on a season by season basis.

As for Hope to Hibs, they were convinced he was to be unveiled alongside Scott Allan but then he went off to Thailand with Everton. Nobody is sure where Hallam will be playing when he comes back.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A neutral perspective on 13:01 - Jul 28 with 1449 viewsPDIDDY

A neutral perspective on 11:06 - Jul 28 by Brierls

Think we've all missed the hope bus, fast strong and powerful, eye for goal aswell. Iwould prefer rose but on a permanent deal, whippet like, runs all day and also bagged a few goals, from the bench to win games, Lowe and nards could school the lad

Gissa job

A neutral perspective on 07:47 - Jul 29 with 1213 viewsGambo

Both Rose and Hope would benefit Rochdale or Bury alike . I think Hope may stay at Everton until at least Jan and try and get in their team , Rose may just leave as he's ready for first team and reading between the lines Wilson doesn't quite want to start with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024