Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread - Macc 17:29 - Jul 29 with 60561 viewsboromat

Just enjoying a pint after work before the match thought I'd start the thread. Anyone else making the trip?

I'm hoping for something like what we can expect for the posh.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread - Macc on 21:20 - Jul 29 with 4211 viewsYouTubeDale

FT 2-0

Well the result was good.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match thread - Macc on 21:35 - Jul 29 with 3933 viewssandylaner1

Adam Morgan yes please
Match thread - Macc on 21:53 - Jul 29 with 3733 viewsmacro

Two classy goals.
An assured performance by fox my motm
Morgan glimpses of talent but not a great deal of service.
McGinty still shaky
Camps is a real prospect
Macc no 7 looked superb on the ball
Match thread - Macc on 22:39 - Jul 29 with 3408 viewsColDale

JUst got back

The two goals were special moments in an otherwise forgettable game. Neither of the trialists stood out for me. In fact, BBM seem to have most influence when he came off the bench late on.

Key thing for me was those not playing. which means the Starting line up is going to be:
Lillis
Raff Lancs Tanser Done
Vincenti (?) Allen Lund Hery Henderson
Andrew
Match thread - Macc on 22:46 - Jul 29 with 3354 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread - Macc on 22:39 - Jul 29 by ColDale

JUst got back

The two goals were special moments in an otherwise forgettable game. Neither of the trialists stood out for me. In fact, BBM seem to have most influence when he came off the bench late on.

Key thing for me was those not playing. which means the Starting line up is going to be:
Lillis
Raff Lancs Tanser Done
Andrew

Would be amazed to see Tanser thrown straight into the Peterborough game. Eastham did ok tonight and has done nothing wrong. I also think Bennett could start in the opener.
Match thread - Macc on 23:18 - Jul 29 with 3183 viewsboromat

My take on it.

McGinty shaky again and against barnes-homer!!!
Bennett was very good
Fox looked OK but not match fit and not better than Lund Allen or Hery
Morgan looked like he could be a great signing but I wanted that extra 15% effort at times and probably needs a bit of fitness hope he doesn't end up being another "I used to play for a big club you know" type of player.
The lad from Mansfield had all the physical attributes for a young lad but I'd put him on par with Logan in terms of where he is in his development.
A word for BBM he was brought on as a left winger and I thought bloody hell hilly is taking this Giggsy comparison a bit far but he was brilliant not one pass went a stray his movement was good and he got the whole team playing football.

Oh Camps is seriously knocking on the door!! Looked a lot better than Morgan tonight.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread - Macc on 23:20 - Jul 29 with 3177 viewsoddjob007

I still find it amazing that we can probably name a full match day squad made up of players who were here last season.

Either complete master stroke by Hilly or totally stupid.

In Hill in trust!
Match thread - Macc on 23:24 - Jul 29 with 3150 viewsTommoRAFC

JUst got back

Lillis
Raff Lancs Tanser Done
Andrew

Eastham/Tanser and Hery/Vincenti are the two I'd say aren't set in stone yet.

Thought the trialists did their jobs well today. Fox looked comfortable spraying the ball about and hardly conceding possession. Morgan lead the line the best he could and should have had an assist in first half. Jabbi worked hard on the wing putting in some good turns, wasn't sure about his passing but he's strong and can definitely put a tackle in.

Also good to see Logan showing more of what he can do, as Macc tired in the second half he started to come I to his own and show us what he's capable of. Camps was good again, my mom especially with a great cross for Bennett and even better chip over Taylor for our second. He looks a class act!

Lillis 6
Bennett 7
Eastham 6
McGinty 6
Rose 6
Vincenti 6
Fox 7
Cannon 6
Camps 8
Morgan 7
Logan 6

Jabbi 6
BBM 6
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 23:40]

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread - Macc on 06:44 - Jul 30 with 2863 viewsfitzochris

JUst got back

Lillis
Raff Lancs Tanser Done
Andrew

The only thing I find worrying about that is the lack of three integral parts from last season - Hogan, Cav and O'Connell.

In my opinion, none have been replaced as far as I can tell, and the fact Hilly has openly said he needs new players must mean he is equally frustrated.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread - Macc on 07:53 - Jul 30 with 2761 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread - Macc on 23:18 - Jul 29 by boromat

My take on it.

Bennett was very good
Morgan looked like he could be a great signing but I wanted that extra 15% effort at times and probably needs a bit of fitness hope he doesn't end up being another "I used to play for a big club you know" type of player.
The lad from Mansfield had all the physical attributes for a young lad but I'd put him on par with Logan in terms of where he is in his development.
A word for BBM he was brought on as a left winger and I thought bloody hell hilly is taking this Giggsy comparison a bit far but he was brilliant not one pass went a stray his movement was good and he got the whole team playing football.

Oh Camps is seriously knocking on the door!! Looked a lot better than Morgan tonight.

Good summing up that.Morgan looked useful but not 100% fit and Fox looked neat and tidy. Noah looked tricky but his final ball was wayward. Bennett was very good and seemed to get forward more. We kept the ball a lot better last night but not in areas that will damage the opposition,we still look short of real quality up front. It was a worthwhile run out and one that will give Hill some food for thought. Camps in particular is really coming to the party and is capable of doing something different he could be the next big thing to come off the production line.
Match thread - Macc on 08:10 - Jul 30 with 2729 viewsColDale

Match thread - Macc on 22:46 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

Would be amazed to see Tanser thrown straight into the Peterborough game. Eastham did ok tonight and has done nothing wrong. I also think Bennett could start in the opener.

looking at the preseason, Lancashire + Eastham isn't a partnership that's been used.

Fylde we had the three of Bennett, Eastham and McGinty (might have been Raff not Bennett)
Halifax we had the three of Lancashire, BBM and McGinty
Wigan we had the three of Raff, Lancashire and Tanser
Bolton we had McGinty and Eastham
Middlesboro we had Lancashire and Tanser
Macc we had McGinty and Eastham

I know you could say that Hill already knows what he's getting from them as a pairing but they were hardly tried and trusted last season.

I'd assume that the team we play at Bury will be the same as we'll play against Posh, and therefore those not featuring last night will feature Saturday. Wouldn't be the first time that Hill has thrown a young lad into the centre of defence on the first game of the season.
Match thread - Macc on 08:21 - Jul 30 with 2708 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread - Macc on 08:10 - Jul 30 by ColDale

looking at the preseason, Lancashire + Eastham isn't a partnership that's been used.

Fylde we had the three of Bennett, Eastham and McGinty (might have been Raff not Bennett)
Halifax we had the three of Lancashire, BBM and McGinty
Wigan we had the three of Raff, Lancashire and Tanser
Bolton we had McGinty and Eastham
Middlesboro we had Lancashire and Tanser
Macc we had McGinty and Eastham

I know you could say that Hill already knows what he's getting from them as a pairing but they were hardly tried and trusted last season.

I'd assume that the team we play at Bury will be the same as we'll play against Posh, and therefore those not featuring last night will feature Saturday. Wouldn't be the first time that Hill has thrown a young lad into the centre of defence on the first game of the season.

I can see your thinking but Would still be surprised if Hill starts with Tanser. He needs introducing as the season progresses and would he dislodge Done at left back because he doesnt have the physical attributes to play at centre half i dont think. I suppose it depends on what formation Hilly is looking at but to throw Tanser straight into the firing line is a big gamble on the back of a few decent pre season friendlies.
Match thread - Macc on 08:53 - Jul 30 with 2636 viewsPDIDDY

Match thread - Macc on 23:18 - Jul 29 by boromat

My take on it.

Bennett was very good

Everytime I've seen camps he looks the part, eastham is pretty poor tbh
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 9:06]

Gissa job

Match thread - Macc on 10:05 - Jul 30 with 2486 viewselectricblue

No.sign of dawson then...
Perhaps fox is a better option.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match thread - Macc on 10:12 - Jul 30 with 2464 viewsBrierls

I've not really seen Fox play, but the common theme seems to be he doesn't waste a pass. Retaining possession is going to be key in League One, so I'd be happy signing him on that basis alone!
Match thread - Macc on 10:17 - Jul 30 with 2446 viewsColDale

Match thread - Macc on 10:12 - Jul 30 by Brierls

I've not really seen Fox play, but the common theme seems to be he doesn't waste a pass. Retaining possession is going to be key in League One, so I'd be happy signing him on that basis alone!

His Dad used to be a coach at Spotland and a scout for Hill in his early days
Match thread - Macc on 10:23 - Jul 30 with 2421 viewsBrierls

Match thread - Macc on 10:17 - Jul 30 by ColDale

His Dad used to be a coach at Spotland and a scout for Hill in his early days

Aye, I remember Peter(?) Fox having a spell as goalkeeper coach.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but naming Fox and Morgan as trialists makes me think we're close to signing them.
Match thread - Macc on 10:35 - Jul 30 with 2384 viewsColDale

Match thread - Macc on 10:23 - Jul 30 by Brierls

Aye, I remember Peter(?) Fox having a spell as goalkeeper coach.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but naming Fox and Morgan as trialists makes me think we're close to signing them.

Playing Fox as a trialist for me rules out any hopes of signing Dawson, certainly in the short term. If he was here on trial, we'd be playing him. Maybe if he continues without a club, a Dicker style deal can be done.

It can be difficult to read anything into one game but on the basis of last night, I'd be looking elsewhere than either of Morgan or Fox. I'd love it to be a quote thrown back at me at the end of the season, but I didn't see anything from Fox that BBM couldn't offer, or even Cav. It was a muddled midfield anyway last night, so perhaps not the best to judge. Be better to see him where we offered more width.

Adam Morgan is clearly a player with pedigree, but for me he's got a lot of convincing if he is to get a deal. On the assumption that we play with a lone striker (can't for the life of me see us going two up front), he didn't seem to have the movement or height to play that role. And despite the Hogan cash, we'll be pushed to justify another striker with Andrew, Muldoon, Bunney and Donnelly without one leaving.
Match thread - Macc on 11:02 - Jul 30 with 2313 viewsmacro

Agree with you re Morgan. Potential yes but as a lone striker andrew is a better option.
Match thread - Macc on 12:12 - Jul 30 with 2188 viewsColDale

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match thread - Macc on 12:14 - Jul 30 with 2179 viewsHopwoodblue

Match thread - Macc on 10:35 - Jul 30 by ColDale

Playing Fox as a trialist for me rules out any hopes of signing Dawson, certainly in the short term. If he was here on trial, we'd be playing him. Maybe if he continues without a club, a Dicker style deal can be done.

It can be difficult to read anything into one game but on the basis of last night, I'd be looking elsewhere than either of Morgan or Fox. I'd love it to be a quote thrown back at me at the end of the season, but I didn't see anything from Fox that BBM couldn't offer, or even Cav. It was a muddled midfield anyway last night, so perhaps not the best to judge. Be better to see him where we offered more width.

Adam Morgan is clearly a player with pedigree, but for me he's got a lot of convincing if he is to get a deal. On the assumption that we play with a lone striker (can't for the life of me see us going two up front), he didn't seem to have the movement or height to play that role. And despite the Hogan cash, we'll be pushed to justify another striker with Andrew, Muldoon, Bunney and Donnelly without one leaving.

Morgan in, Donnelly out on a season long loan ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match thread - Macc on 12:34 - Jul 30 with 2111 viewsParkinsGimp

Match thread - Macc on 08:21 - Jul 30 by TalkingSutty

I can see your thinking but Would still be surprised if Hill starts with Tanser. He needs introducing as the season progresses and would he dislodge Done at left back because he doesnt have the physical attributes to play at centre half i dont think. I suppose it depends on what formation Hilly is looking at but to throw Tanser straight into the firing line is a big gamble on the back of a few decent pre season friendlies.

I agree about Tanser, I thought he was poor against Boro. he needs more time to progress and not be thrown in against a team who will be trying to get off to a flyer.
Amazed (and worreid ) about BBM comments but will see what happens
Not long now getting excited. I think its always hard for trialists , as we all know it takes time to gell with your teammates and also get back up to speed and read a game.
Sure Hill knows what he's doing
Match thread - Macc on 14:10 - Jul 30 with 1916 viewsTomRAFC

Fox sounds like another Lund rather than another Cav. Jabbi sounds like the sort of player we need from those online descriptions but he is a total unknown.

Morgan looks like he was a gem at youth level. The Grant comparisons are pretty cleat but can he produce at professional level.

As always in Hill we trust.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match thread - Macc on 14:35 - Jul 30 with 1864 viewsRotherhamDale

Match thread - Macc on 12:12 - Jul 30 by ColDale

This post has been edited by an administrator

Lovely goal from Camps.

Possession with progression.

Match thread - Macc on 17:46 - Jul 30 with 1619 viewsnordenblue

Match thread - Macc on 08:53 - Jul 30 by PDIDDY

Everytime I've seen camps he looks the part, eastham is pretty poor tbh
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 9:06]

How many times is that?