Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this right? 18:53 - Jul 31 with 6473 views1907

"Admission is £10 for adults, but there are a number of concessionary prices available for £5. Over 65, under sixteen, the unemployed and the disabled can obtain this concessionary price."

I've never seen "the unemployed" getting discounts at football games before?

Is this right? on 18:55 - Jul 31 with 3349 viewsPDIDDY

See you there dezzy

Gissa job

Is this right? on 19:19 - Jul 31 with 3281 viewsArthurDaley

Seems very reasonable to me.

A large VAT Dave

Is this right? on 20:17 - Jul 31 with 3168 viewsKenBoon

The UB40 (not the crap reggae band) discount was quite a common thing back in the 80s. Bury have been doing it forever. More clubs should really, especially with the "recovery" here. I think the Passport to Leisure discount kind of covers Unemployment, but being Rochdale AFC it has to be far more complicated than it need be.
Is this right? on 20:21 - Jul 31 with 3158 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 20:17 - Jul 31 by KenBoon

The UB40 (not the crap reggae band) discount was quite a common thing back in the 80s. Bury have been doing it forever. More clubs should really, especially with the "recovery" here. I think the Passport to Leisure discount kind of covers Unemployment, but being Rochdale AFC it has to be far more complicated than it need be.

Still dont see why someone whos unemployed gains entry cheaper than the already slapped tax payer,
Is this right? on 20:35 - Jul 31 with 3129 viewsVespa

Is this right? on 20:17 - Jul 31 by KenBoon

UB40 weren't crap.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Is this right? on 20:42 - Jul 31 with 3117 viewsVespa

Is this right? on 20:21 - Jul 31 by nordenblue

Still dont see why someone whos unemployed gains entry cheaper than the already slapped tax payer,

If a hundred unemployed people turn up and pay a fiver to a game that they otherwise wouldn't be able to go to then the club gets an extra five hundred pounds, that's good for the club.

If a hundred unemployed people turn up and pay a fiver to a game that they otherwise wouldn't be able to go to then they get to see a game of football, that's good for them.

The club benefits, the unemployed benefit and everyone else is neutral.

I'd say that's OK.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Is this right? on 20:56 - Jul 31 with 3078 viewsKenBoon

Is this right? on 20:21 - Jul 31 by nordenblue

Maybe that unemployed person has been slapped with tax for 40 years. Perhaps even at a higher rate than the current Slappees.
Is this right? on 21:03 - Jul 31 with 3067 viewsdoleydale

It says us doleys have to get a ticket, does it mean from dale's ticket office or at burys, I might just get over if i can scrounge a free lift
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 23:13]

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Login to get fewer ads

Is this right? on 21:30 - Jul 31 with 2996 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 20:56 - Jul 31 by KenBoon

Maybe that unemployed person has been slapped with tax for 40 years. Perhaps even at a higher rate than the current Slappees.

Surely if they've worked for 40 years im pretty sure they'd manage to scrimp the extra fiver to pay the normal entrance fee like the rest of us?
Is this right? on 21:36 - Jul 31 with 2984 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 20:42 - Jul 31 by Vespa

If a hundred unemployed people turn up and pay a fiver to a game that they otherwise wouldn't be able to go to then the club gets an extra five hundred pounds, that's good for the club.

If a hundred unemployed people turn up and pay a fiver to a game that they otherwise wouldn't be able to go to then they get to see a game of football, that's good for them.

The club benefits, the unemployed benefit and everyone else is neutral.

I'd say that's OK.

Using that logic why dont the club just drop the price for everyone therefor more people who couldnt go normally regardless of their job situation can now attend, and we can all be one big happy crowd.If they are claiming benefits anyway its costing them nothing in real terms to actually go full stop
Is this right? on 21:48 - Jul 31 with 2960 viewsKenBoon

Is this right? on 21:30 - Jul 31 by nordenblue

Surely if they've worked for 40 years im pretty sure they'd manage to scrimp the extra fiver to pay the normal entrance fee like the rest of us?

Not necessarily. It could be 10 years. It could be 5 years. The point is, not everyone on unemployment benefits is the Paul Calf stereotype they're made out to be by some.
Is this right? on 22:00 - Jul 31 with 2933 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 21:48 - Jul 31 by KenBoon

Not necessarily. It could be 10 years. It could be 5 years. The point is, not everyone on unemployment benefits is the Paul Calf stereotype they're made out to be by some.

Id class going to football as a luxury, if your benefits dont stretch that far thats a sacrifice you'd have to make like anything else in life.
If I couldn't afford a luxury car id expect the dealer to still charge the asking price regardless of my job situation at the time, not to buy it at half price
Is this right? on 22:00 - Jul 31 with 2933 viewsDaley_Lama

Indeed Boony, I know of a fair few unemployed people who have worked all their life only for the company they worked for to move/go bust/re-structure.

20-30-40 years employment terminated with minimum redundancy paid.

The consequence for the individual is trying to find work in their 40's, 50's or 60's. If their working life has been in a physical role, they are up against young uns happy to take minimum wage with bigger guns.

Then they often have other responsibilities, family for example.

In a town where new employment is hardly burgeoning, for these guys it's rather tough to find work.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 22:01]

Poll: DF in or out

Is this right? on 22:12 - Jul 31 with 2901 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Interesting views - well for me anyway as I am currently not working.

Would £5 a game encourage me to come to Dale - certainly if I was not exiled.

Is £10 a lot out of £72 quid a week - too bloody right - a fiver is.

Would £20 make it impossible - basically yes.

In between having kids, watching Jeremy Kyle, The PS3 and Smoking/dealing hash I managed to have 17 years paying in excess of £15k a year tax and just turned 40 - so backing up what has been said - not everyone who has no job is a C5 example!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Is this right? on 22:13 - Jul 31 with 2897 viewsKenBoon

Is this right? on 22:00 - Jul 31 by nordenblue

Id class going to football as a luxury, if your benefits dont stretch that far thats a sacrifice you'd have to make like anything else in life.
If I couldn't afford a luxury car id expect the dealer to still charge the asking price regardless of my job situation at the time, not to buy it at half price

Are you really comparing a luxury car to a life watching Rochdale?
Is this right? on 22:15 - Jul 31 with 2889 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Is this right? on 22:13 - Jul 31 by KenBoon

Are you really comparing a luxury car to a life watching Rochdale?

More like Rocky on a dodgy motorbike Ken :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Is this right? on 22:16 - Jul 31 with 2886 viewsdoleydale

Plus if any of you had a chance of paying in a 5er instead of ten. Would you all not do the same. It's an away game. It's not affecting us.

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Is this right? on 22:21 - Jul 31 with 2868 viewsrod_leach

Can't believe that you are even exercised about this nordenblue. If someone's fallen on hard times, why not give them a break. Let's face it, letting them off a fiver won't hurt you. What is your problem? Ooh someone's getting something I'm not. Boo hoo.
Is this right? on 22:53 - Jul 31 with 2818 viewsPDIDDY

Is this right? on 21:03 - Jul 31 by doleydale

It says us doleys have to get a ticket, does it mean from dale's ticket office or at burys, I might just get over if i can scrounge a free lift
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 23:13]

Gissa job

Is this right? on 04:15 - Aug 1 with 2699 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 22:21 - Jul 31 by rod_leach

Can't believe that you are even exercised about this nordenblue. If someone's fallen on hard times, why not give them a break. Let's face it, letting them off a fiver won't hurt you. What is your problem? Ooh someone's getting something I'm not. Boo hoo.

Its not the ones who have fallen on hard times that causes a problem, that sits fine with me.Its the hundreds that have no intention of ever getting work coupled with the reproduction of children who's only puspose is to increase weekly revenue that the town so wonderfully creates.
Is this right? on 04:29 - Aug 1 with 2697 viewsnordenblue

Moonydale are you the type that likes or dislikes every post on facebook kind of guy too? Laughable
Is this right? on 10:28 - Aug 1 with 2587 viewsKenBoon

Is this right? on 04:15 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Its not the ones who have fallen on hard times that causes a problem, that sits fine with me.Its the hundreds that have no intention of ever getting work coupled with the reproduction of children who's only puspose is to increase weekly revenue that the town so wonderfully creates.

I would suggest that very few of those come to Dale anyway and cheaper prices wouldn't entice them.
Is this right? on 10:31 - Aug 1 with 2582 viewsPDIDDY

Bury fc, helping the doleys of dale.... Food bank in cemmy end at half time aswell

Gissa job

Is this right? on 11:10 - Aug 1 with 2530 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 10:28 - Aug 1 by KenBoon

I would suggest that very few of those come to Dale anyway and cheaper prices wouldn't entice them.

Theres certainly one who used to post on here regularly that would gladly accept every free handout available for life as long as it meant not actually having to earn a penny of it,
Is this right? on 11:11 - Aug 1 with 2524 viewslurker

Is this right? on 11:10 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Theres certainly one who used to post on here regularly that would gladly accept every free handout available for life as long as it meant not actually having to earn a penny of it,

It hasn't reproduced though....... thank all that is holy!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024