Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this right? 18:53 - Jul 31 with 6480 views1907

"Admission is £10 for adults, but there are a number of concessionary prices available for £5. Over 65, under sixteen, the unemployed and the disabled can obtain this concessionary price."

I've never seen "the unemployed" getting discounts at football games before?

Is this right? on 12:23 - Aug 1 with 1531 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 11:11 - Aug 1 by lurker

It hasn't reproduced though....... thank all that is holy!!

Theres time yet to build an empire
Is this right? on 13:32 - Aug 1 with 1465 viewsVespa

Is this right? on 04:15 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Its not the ones who have fallen on hard times that causes a problem, that sits fine with me.Its the hundreds that have no intention of ever getting work coupled with the reproduction of children who's only puspose is to increase weekly revenue that the town so wonderfully creates.

Would it be better to deny the many many thousands of unemployed who would choose to work if they could, just to exclude a few hundred "undeserving" ones any sort of benefit, whether it be a state benefit or simply getting to see a football game at a discount?

Seems disproportionately unfair to me.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Is this right? on 13:42 - Aug 1 with 1442 viewsColDale

The decision to offer reduced lower admission to those on reduced admission is purely done to increase revenue, rather than through any sympathetic or moralistic reasons.
Is this right? on 14:33 - Aug 1 with 1381 viewsMoonyDale

Is this right? on 04:29 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Moonydale are you the type that likes or dislikes every post on facebook kind of guy too? Laughable

No I just dislike intensely your Iain Duncan Smith attitude that comes across, now that is laughable.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Is this right? on 15:28 - Aug 1 with 1357 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 13:32 - Aug 1 by Vespa

Would it be better to deny the many many thousands of unemployed who would choose to work if they could, just to exclude a few hundred "undeserving" ones any sort of benefit, whether it be a state benefit or simply getting to see a football game at a discount?

Seems disproportionately unfair to me.

I dont buy into this idea that theres no jobs for people, theres simply thousands of jobs available every day of every year.The problem lies with the fact that benefits are too readily available and in many instances provide a better option than actually working, many wont go back to work to earn less than they did previously just to get back on the ladder though either
Is this right? on 15:34 - Aug 1 with 1345 viewsKenBoon

Is this right? on 15:28 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

I dont buy into this idea that theres no jobs for people, theres simply thousands of jobs available every day of every year.The problem lies with the fact that benefits are too readily available and in many instances provide a better option than actually working, many wont go back to work to earn less than they did previously just to get back on the ladder though either

Rubbish. But keep listening to what the media and Government tell you. Whatever you do, don't ask them the figures of Benefit scrounging compared to Unpaid tax by large companies and 'job creators'.
Is this right? on 15:35 - Aug 1 with 1341 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 14:33 - Aug 1 by MoonyDale

No I just dislike intensely your Iain Duncan Smith attitude that comes across, now that is laughable.

Whys that, does he have the ridiculous idea of trying to make thousands of people actually earn their income rather than the benefit culture that currently exists too? Whatever your views on this the system needs a massive shake up and should provide a safety net as intended for people who fall on bad times rather than just a way of life for many its currently become.
Is this right? on 15:40 - Aug 1 with 1329 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 15:34 - Aug 1 by KenBoon

Rubbish. But keep listening to what the media and Government tell you. Whatever you do, don't ask them the figures of Benefit scrounging compared to Unpaid tax by large companies and 'job creators'.

Whats rubbish that theres thousands of jobs? Ive no interest in any party they are all as corrupt as the next and dont really bother with media all that much.Im not sure the debate was about tax?
Login to get fewer ads

Is this right? on 15:46 - Aug 1 with 1320 viewsKenBoon

Is this right? on 15:40 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Whats rubbish that theres thousands of jobs? Ive no interest in any party they are all as corrupt as the next and dont really bother with media all that much.Im not sure the debate was about tax?

There simply aren't thousands of jobs. There's lots of people out of work who really want to work. The stereotype of laziness and a benefit culture is unfair and wrong. Other stereotypes are frowned upon and some are even illegal, but it's okay to accuse however million it is because a small percentage are bone idle.

I work and pay tax btw. I don't like it, but accept paying tax is part of life. As is a Welfare state and free Healthcare for everyone.
Is this right? on 15:55 - Aug 1 with 1310 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 15:46 - Aug 1 by KenBoon

There simply aren't thousands of jobs. There's lots of people out of work who really want to work. The stereotype of laziness and a benefit culture is unfair and wrong. Other stereotypes are frowned upon and some are even illegal, but it's okay to accuse however million it is because a small percentage are bone idle.

I work and pay tax btw. I don't like it, but accept paying tax is part of life. As is a Welfare state and free Healthcare for everyone.

http://m.mymanchesterjobs.co.uk/Jobs?Keywords=&LocationOrRegion=
Theres 900 jobs on that 1 website in the manchester area after 1 quick google search, my partner works at an employment agency and I can guarantee you for a fact there are literally thousands of jobs available dailly, admittedly some you would need to re train or take a step back in but to say theres no jobs is absolute garbage
Is this right? on 16:33 - Aug 1 with 1288 viewsMoonyDale

Is this right? on 15:35 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Whys that, does he have the ridiculous idea of trying to make thousands of people actually earn their income rather than the benefit culture that currently exists too? Whatever your views on this the system needs a massive shake up and should provide a safety net as intended for people who fall on bad times rather than just a way of life for many its currently become.

Too much Chanel 5 watching methinks......Keep propagating the myth that the majority of unemployed are simply workshy. And if they can get into a sporting event at Rochdale or Bury for a few quid less then so be it, it puts more money in the coffers of the club concerned and get's a few more bums on seats. Unless of course you subscribe to the view that to be out of work means you don't leave the house for fear of bumping to the likes of you....

Is this right? on 16:41 - Aug 1 with 1268 viewsD_Alien

Is this right? on 11:11 - Aug 1 by lurker

It hasn't reproduced though....... thank all that is holy!!

That pross it came across in Halifax must've been pretty holey, but we shouldn't be thanking her for giving it any ideas!

[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 16:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is this right? on 16:55 - Aug 1 with 1256 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 16:33 - Aug 1 by MoonyDale

Too much Chanel 5 watching methinks......Keep propagating the myth that the majority of unemployed are simply workshy. And if they can get into a sporting event at Rochdale or Bury for a few quid less then so be it, it puts more money in the coffers of the club concerned and get's a few more bums on seats. Unless of course you subscribe to the view that to be out of work means you don't leave the house for fear of bumping to the likes of you....

Having witnessed the other side of the coin where tens of applicant's only turn up for an interview as a means to continue to claim benefits, but youd know more about that than my partner who works in that field every day I suppose, just like you know what channel I watch on the tele and which party I side with too.Your last line doesnt make any sense either,how does having an opinion influence people not leaving their home?
Is this right? on 17:19 - Aug 1 with 1230 viewsMoonyDale

Is this right? on 16:55 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Having witnessed the other side of the coin where tens of applicant's only turn up for an interview as a means to continue to claim benefits, but youd know more about that than my partner who works in that field every day I suppose, just like you know what channel I watch on the tele and which party I side with too.Your last line doesnt make any sense either,how does having an opinion influence people not leaving their home?

Tens of applicants? Wow the whole of the unemployed masses are in the tens are they?...So let's tar them all with the same brush.....Sickening. And it's you'd.....Not youd. An opinion that aligns itself with the crap spouted by the Daily Mail reading, Chanel 5 watching buffoons who demonise those who are not in employment is not the kind of opinion that deserves to be taken notice of. The fact that you are still obviously employed would lead me to think you are a younger man than I as I retired a while back. If my taxes were in part used to fund the benefit of some unfortunate sod who couldn't find employment then so be it.....I'd be much more concerned about the billions defrauded each year by the wealthy than continuously beating the unemployed with a big stick....But each to his own, I'll leave you to your stick waving...

Is this right? on 17:21 - Aug 1 with 1222 viewsThacks_Rabbits

You really do have a very blinkered view. I don't ask for any form of sympathy for my current situation, in fact I would happily take back a proportion of the tax I have paid the last 17 years for 12m and then receive nothing if that option was available.

The number of jobs I have applied for where I have received notification that I am over qualified of am asked " Why would you want to do this job when you are a ....." is untrue. And sadly the industry I worked in is currently in turmoil.

I can't blame immigration sadly although this would no doubt be far better - I could blame Blair and Labour though!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Is this right? on 17:30 - Aug 1 with 1106 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 17:19 - Aug 1 by MoonyDale

Tens of applicants? Wow the whole of the unemployed masses are in the tens are they?...So let's tar them all with the same brush.....Sickening. And it's you'd.....Not youd. An opinion that aligns itself with the crap spouted by the Daily Mail reading, Chanel 5 watching buffoons who demonise those who are not in employment is not the kind of opinion that deserves to be taken notice of. The fact that you are still obviously employed would lead me to think you are a younger man than I as I retired a while back. If my taxes were in part used to fund the benefit of some unfortunate sod who couldn't find employment then so be it.....I'd be much more concerned about the billions defrauded each year by the wealthy than continuously beating the unemployed with a big stick....But each to his own, I'll leave you to your stick waving...

She doesnt tend to the full employment sector for obvious reasons its safe to say im fairly sure the trends mentioned are replicated across various cities in the country though so no we're not dealing in tens it would be into thousands? If your resorting to grammar now I'll leave you to get in a sticky mess you've corrected the predictive text on a mobile well done that man.
Is this right? on 17:43 - Aug 1 with 1093 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 17:21 - Aug 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

You really do have a very blinkered view. I don't ask for any form of sympathy for my current situation, in fact I would happily take back a proportion of the tax I have paid the last 17 years for 12m and then receive nothing if that option was available.

The number of jobs I have applied for where I have received notification that I am over qualified of am asked " Why would you want to do this job when you are a ....." is untrue. And sadly the industry I worked in is currently in turmoil.

I can't blame immigration sadly although this would no doubt be far better - I could blame Blair and Labour though!!!!

In genuine cases such as you I have a lot of sympathy and certainly dont tar everyone with the same brush, I was in exactly the same postion 5 years ago and took a terrible job with terrible money just to fund training for my current career and at the time was horrendous but thankfully I knew at the time it was only a stepping stone.Best of luck sorting things out, id like a system where the benefit a person is entitled to is in relation to their previous employment/earnings and tax paid in rather than just a blanket payment
Is this right? on 11:00 - Aug 2 with 959 viewsdoleydale

So can anyone give a dole Dossing workshy scrounger a free lift over then?

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Is this right? on 12:35 - Aug 2 with 907 viewsPDIDDY

Is this right? on 11:00 - Aug 2 by doleydale

I'd of picked you up but I'm in Knowsley waitng for roccy

Gissa job

Is this right? on 13:45 - Aug 2 with 843 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 11:00 - Aug 2 by doleydale

Just get a taxi with the fiver you've already had knocked off the entrance fee ?
Is this right? on 18:15 - Aug 2 with 756 viewsPDIDDY

Is this right? on 13:45 - Aug 2 by nordenblue

Just get a taxi with the fiver you've already had knocked off the entrance fee ?

He's on the dole

Gissa job

Is this right? on 18:34 - Aug 2 with 733 viewsnordenblue

Is this right? on 18:15 - Aug 2 by PDIDDY

He's on the dole

Right and?
Is this right? on 18:35 - Aug 2 with 726 viewsPDIDDY

Is this right? on 18:34 - Aug 2 by nordenblue

Right and?

I use my left hand

Gissa job

Is this right? on 19:58 - Aug 2 with 687 viewsnordenblue