Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread, 19:03 - Aug 19 with 31039 viewsRAFCRuss

team vs crewe:
logan
rafferty
Bennett
eastham
vincenti
hery
done
tanser
allen
kennedy
Henderson

subs:
diba
Andrew
dawson
Donnelly
rose
logan
camps
Match Thread, on 17:05 - Aug 20 with 2096 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 14:43 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Tell you what, PD, according to Flicker/Keith Maddock, you've got five points now.

Do former FA Cup winners get double points for draws?

Saw that, you watching Burys interviews now?

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 17:07 - Aug 20 with 2093 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread, on 17:05 - Aug 20 by PDIDDY

Saw that, you watching Burys interviews now?

No, it was read to me in the car on the way home last night by a fellow lurker.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Match Thread, on 17:10 - Aug 20 with 2072 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 17:07 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

No, it was read to me in the car on the way home last night by a fellow lurker.

Stuart pearces fav band them

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 17:11 - Aug 20 with 2070 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 14:40 - Aug 20 by aleanddale

One of the following Didds.

2-1-1

1-2-1

1-1-2

You coming to Spotland or Gigg?

Edgbaston

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 18:09 - Aug 20 with 1992 viewsboromat

Match Thread, on 00:23 - Aug 20 by sweetcorn

What a performance that was..

Brave selection choices from hill tonight, one opting for a 442 which risked leaving us exposed and overrun, letting bennett loose up the right hand side, playing allen and hery in the middle with no real muscle and to opt to play hendo and done as makeshift strikers. It worked an absolute treat and showed yet again, that when the pressure is on, hill tends to get his selections right tactically.

Done aside, bennett was my MOM, his runs tonight were yaya toure esque, he looked so powerful on the ball and the crewe players couldnt get the thing off him, with a little work on his final ball we could have a new right midfielder.

Jamie allen and bastien hery worked tirelessy in the middle and the run from allen that lead to the first goal was unbelievable!

The choice to play hendo and done upfront proved to be hill's masterstroke, seeing that crewe centre halves seemed more the physical type than the footballing type and just couldnt cope with done and hendos, pace, skill and movement.

The defence looked solid for the most part and logan pulled off a couple ofworldies, the only negative is how exposed tanser looked to the strength of crewe's striker for their first goal and maybe showed that he might not be first choice for every game this season, but other than that looked composed.

Going bed a very pleased dale fan, i would have been happy to see one goal, never mind 5!!!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 0:28]

Pretty much my thoughts exactly!

Allen and Hery were really up against it without the ball as they had three midfielders against them and no help from Done and Hendo who played right on the shoulders of crewes back four. And taking that into account and the first goal Allen was my alternative as MOM other than Done.

My only other negative to add was there second I think Logan should have come out for it. Floated cross that I think he could have dealt with but he stayed on his line. Tanser struggled in the first half but grew into the game maybe lacking in a bit of confidence after the injury.

All in all a very exciting game were we have taken the team by surprise and out played them. Unfortunately I'm not sure this will work against the like of Bristol City as we'd be too exposed. However that's not to say I wouldn't like to see us try!! :-)

Brilliant game and a great treat for all us who made the short trip.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread, on 19:00 - Aug 20 with 1914 viewsWill_RAFC

Match Thread, on 15:06 - Aug 20 by TalkingSutty

I think some fans commented on the poor performance at chesterfield and the fact we need a striker. Donnelly and Andrews don't look the answer. Its not a case of looking silly, being silly wud be watching a poor performance then posting on the forum that we played well.
You are wrong with your comment about how we started the season also. We lost against Peterborough in the first game but played very well and that was acknowledged on the forum.

You can only take each game as it comes and post your thoughts, if they play crap and you say so it doesn't make you a bad person.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 16:14]

I don't think you sensed the sarcasm in my opening sentance, as I was one of those whinging and took a bit of a ribbing for it at yesterday's game!

I'm not "wrong", its an opinion. I wasn't that critical of the Peterborough game but neither did I join in the universal fawning over a performance in which we wouldn't have scored had we carried on playing for an hour after Peterborough had left the field.

I'm going to slip back off into message board semi retirement again anyway after how silly Sir King Keith the Messiah made me look yesterday! Up the Dale!
Match Thread, on 20:58 - Aug 20 with 1751 views49thseason

Match Thread, on 19:00 - Aug 20 by Will_RAFC

I don't think you sensed the sarcasm in my opening sentance, as I was one of those whinging and took a bit of a ribbing for it at yesterday's game!

I'm not "wrong", its an opinion. I wasn't that critical of the Peterborough game but neither did I join in the universal fawning over a performance in which we wouldn't have scored had we carried on playing for an hour after Peterborough had left the field.

I'm going to slip back off into message board semi retirement again anyway after how silly Sir King Keith the Messiah made me look yesterday! Up the Dale!

Don't worry about it Will,
Message boards are a comparitively new-fangled way for fans to let everyone know what they think. When you have been watching Rochdale for another 20 or 30 years you will have forgotten all about the last couple of games and by next week everyone on here will have forgotten what you thought at the time. If message boards were paper-based, most would not last long enough to wrap chips in.

The thing is like the other 2500 or so of us you actually care enough to bother unlike the 250m who claim to be football fans but who are really just TV fodder.

Keep telling us what you think its what makes the world go around .
Match Thread, on 08:31 - Aug 21 with 1552 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread, on 20:58 - Aug 20 by 49thseason

Don't worry about it Will,
Message boards are a comparitively new-fangled way for fans to let everyone know what they think. When you have been watching Rochdale for another 20 or 30 years you will have forgotten all about the last couple of games and by next week everyone on here will have forgotten what you thought at the time. If message boards were paper-based, most would not last long enough to wrap chips in.

The thing is like the other 2500 or so of us you actually care enough to bother unlike the 250m who claim to be football fans but who are really just TV fodder.

Keep telling us what you think its what makes the world go around .

Agreed the Forum needs more not less posters..

The rich fabric of the forum is enhanced with opposing views.

We even love Rob Didds and Gigger!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread, on 12:00 - Aug 21 with 1440 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 08:31 - Aug 21 by aleanddale

Agreed the Forum needs more not less posters..

The rich fabric of the forum is enhanced with opposing views.

We even love Rob Didds and Gigger!!!

What's not to love?

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024