Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malky Mackay 09:29 - Aug 21 with 5967 viewsColDale

Are Cardiff right to shop him to the FA or is the whole game just getting overly precious?
Malky Mackay on 09:44 - Aug 21 with 4402 viewsDaleDegenerate

Have you seen the texts that where sent?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/11047646/Malky-Mack

I will be surprised if he gets another job in football
Malky Mackay on 10:37 - Aug 21 with 4285 viewsSuddenLad

Malky Mackay on 09:44 - Aug 21 by DaleDegenerate

Have you seen the texts that where sent?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/11047646/Malky-Mack

I will be surprised if he gets another job in football

"Somebody nicked my phone, Guv"

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Malky Mackay on 11:24 - Aug 21 with 4197 viewsdeezel

Malky Mackay on 10:37 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

"Somebody nicked my phone, Guv"

Could be the same person that hacked Botham's Twitter A/c?
Malky Mackay on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 4003 viewsdeeplishblue

What a malarkey !

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Malky Mackay on 14:05 - Aug 21 with 3931 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

When faced with a £7.5 million lawsuit claim over unfair dismissal...what would you do..?
Malky Mackay on 14:05 - Aug 21 with 3931 viewsTalkingSutty

Yes Cardiff are dead right, i would think the police will be called in and both will be banned from working in football for life.
As a society we are supposed to have moved on. The large majority of right minded folk don't give a toss what colour somebodies skin is, what religion they are or their sexual preference. Live and let live.
Malky Mackay on 14:39 - Aug 21 with 3866 viewsSuddenLad

Malky Mackay on 14:05 - Aug 21 by TalkingSutty

Yes Cardiff are dead right, i would think the police will be called in and both will be banned from working in football for life.
As a society we are supposed to have moved on. The large majority of right minded folk don't give a toss what colour somebodies skin is, what religion they are or their sexual preference. Live and let live.

Everything you say is correct. If Mackay has done what is alleged (IF), then his career in football will be over.

His mate Moody has resigned from Crystal Palace this morning because of the story being published.

How can any right-minded person think that sort of language is acceptable in 2014 ? Unbelievable.

Malky Mackay on 16:40 - Aug 21 with 3717 viewsReedy

I think this proves that there is no such thing as "private"

I read somewhere that the raid on Moody's home (in relation to the spying that supposedly took place before Palace beat Cardiff 3-0 last season) they recovered over 30,000 texts and over 100,000 e-mails.

The language used is shocking, there is no getting around that - but I find it strange that Suarez can bite, footballers can fix games, footballers can be sent to prison for murder and rape, yet they carry on with there career - yet a private conversation between two friends, could lead to a good manager walking away from the game. In no way is this right, however people in sport have committed acts which are so much worse, and have carried on - Mackay is a good manager, with a good track record, it will be a loss to football if he doesn't return.

Blog: The FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Malky Mackay on 16:42 - Aug 21 with 3707 viewstazzydjr

Malky Mackay on 14:39 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

Everything you say is correct. If Mackay has done what is alleged (IF), then his career in football will be over.

His mate Moody has resigned from Crystal Palace this morning because of the story being published.

How can any right-minded person think that sort of language is acceptable in 2014 ? Unbelievable.

Not necessarily he'll make an fortune on the talking circuit or whatever it's called probably even release an book on top of that.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Malky Mackay on 16:55 - Aug 21 with 3675 viewsTalkingSutty

Malky Mackay on 16:40 - Aug 21 by Reedy

I think this proves that there is no such thing as "private"

I read somewhere that the raid on Moody's home (in relation to the spying that supposedly took place before Palace beat Cardiff 3-0 last season) they recovered over 30,000 texts and over 100,000 e-mails.

The language used is shocking, there is no getting around that - but I find it strange that Suarez can bite, footballers can fix games, footballers can be sent to prison for murder and rape, yet they carry on with there career - yet a private conversation between two friends, could lead to a good manager walking away from the game. In no way is this right, however people in sport have committed acts which are so much worse, and have carried on - Mackay is a good manager, with a good track record, it will be a loss to football if he doesn't return.

No, if proved(which seems highly likely) football will be better with people like him out of the game. As an example, how must the hundreds of black players feel today after reading those messages from one of the highest profile managers in football?
Young players take their lead from the manager and Mackay comes across as an arrogant bully. This goes much further than a game of football, the games riddled with overpaid individuals who think they are untouchable, obviously their egos are massaged by some fans who will obviously forgive and forget. Look at Ryan Giggs, the club and Alex Ferguson try to portray him as a role model and the gullible red hoards lap it all up.The mans a disgrace.
Malky Mackay on 17:15 - Aug 21 with 3632 viewsReedy

Malky Mackay on 16:55 - Aug 21 by TalkingSutty

No, if proved(which seems highly likely) football will be better with people like him out of the game. As an example, how must the hundreds of black players feel today after reading those messages from one of the highest profile managers in football?
Young players take their lead from the manager and Mackay comes across as an arrogant bully. This goes much further than a game of football, the games riddled with overpaid individuals who think they are untouchable, obviously their egos are massaged by some fans who will obviously forgive and forget. Look at Ryan Giggs, the club and Alex Ferguson try to portray him as a role model and the gullible red hoards lap it all up.The mans a disgrace.

I agree that black players will feel horrendous about his comments - but what about when they came up against Suarez? You cant honestly tell me that murder (in the case of Lee Hughes & Luke McCormick) are worse than this, I wholeheartedly agree that this is completely wrong, and shouldn't go unpunished, however I think others have done worse and continued with their careers.

On a separate note Ryan Giggs is anything but a role model, but because Manchester United are such a powerful football club, he can be portrayed as one, when the truth is anything but!

Malky Mackay on 17:24 - Aug 21 with 3609 viewsTalkingSutty

Malky Mackay on 17:15 - Aug 21 by Reedy

I agree that black players will feel horrendous about his comments - but what about when they came up against Suarez? You cant honestly tell me that murder (in the case of Lee Hughes & Luke McCormick) are worse than this, I wholeheartedly agree that this is completely wrong, and shouldn't go unpunished, however I think others have done worse and continued with their careers.

On a separate note Ryan Giggs is anything but a role model, but because Manchester United are such a powerful football club, he can be portrayed as one, when the truth is anything but!

Agree with what you are saying and fans are quick to forgive but I don't see how Mackay could ever manage again if what's been alleged is true. It's one thing playing and another managing a football club.
Malky Mackay on 17:24 - Aug 21 with 3608 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Malky Mackay on 17:15 - Aug 21 by Reedy

Giggs is a liar and a cheat, but this is all forgotten as he is such an inconsequential human being outside of football. If he hadn't taken out the super injunction no one would have given a fúck. He created more controversy for himself the díck.

Mackay is a loathsome individual and not just on the basis of being Glaswegian.
Malky Mackay on 17:35 - Aug 21 with 3585 viewssince58

if found guilty ,when h,es done his time its his human rights to earn a livng ,thats right aint it .one day he might apply for the rochdale job .no worries eh.
Malky Mackay on 17:46 - Aug 21 with 3555 viewsSuddenLad

Neither Lee Hughes nor McCormick murdered anyone. They served periods of imprisonment for driving offences where people were killed in collisions.

Mackay and Moody will be total pariahs within football (in this country at least) because they will have been seen supporting all causes via their respective jobs. "Kick Racism Out of Sport", "Say No to Homophobia" or whatever the straplines were.

Now they have been (allegedly) exposed as hypocrites at best and racist at worst .

No Chairman will take a chance on Mackay for a very long time, unless he chooses to go abroad.

Malky Mackay on 17:55 - Aug 21 with 3522 viewsleicesterdale

Malky Mackay on 14:05 - Aug 21 by TalkingSutty

I couldn't agree more with TalkingSutty, if these allegations are proven to be true. Utterly no place in our society for this kind of (alleged) behaviour.
Malky Mackay on 19:12 - Aug 21 with 3413 viewsReedy

Malky Mackay on 17:46 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

Neither Lee Hughes nor McCormick murdered anyone. They served periods of imprisonment for driving offences where people were killed in collisions.

Mackay and Moody will be total pariahs within football (in this country at least) because they will have been seen supporting all causes via their respective jobs. "Kick Racism Out of Sport", "Say No to Homophobia" or whatever the straplines were.

Now they have been (allegedly) exposed as hypocrites at best and racist at worst .

No Chairman will take a chance on Mackay for a very long time, unless he chooses to go abroad.

Both Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick killed people though - I just don't understand how what Mackay and Moody have done (as bad as the language is) is worse.

I'm not in anyway saying what they've done is right, but people have done much, much worse.

Malky Mackay on 19:23 - Aug 21 with 3391 viewsBobbyjoe

The only one that should deny him employment is the utterly gratuitous comment on skin-colour. I can't begin to get inside the head of a person who would make such a redundant comment; you might have a schoolboy giggle about a person's haircut, or a prominent feature etc. but for what possible reason would you mention skin-colour. Does remarking that there are more black than white people in a group pass for wit! The other comments are merely offensive and puerile. It's disappointing that anyone can even hold such views in 2014. For someone in the public eye to commit them to (virtual) paper makes him plain thick!
Malky Mackay on 19:27 - Aug 21 with 3383 viewsstomper

Might have known Suddenlad the oh perfect one would be all over this thread. Used the word allegedly though which is rather refreshing when up against his usual judge and jury stance.
Malky Mackay on 19:28 - Aug 21 with 3377 viewsSuddenLad

Malky Mackay on 19:12 - Aug 21 by Reedy

Both Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick killed people though - I just don't understand how what Mackay and Moody have done (as bad as the language is) is worse.

I'm not in anyway saying what they've done is right, but people have done much, much worse.

I'm not aware that anyone is saying its worse than the cases of McCormick or Hughes, merely that football has tried very hard in recent years to rid itself of people who are racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever and have spent millions trying to get the message across.

Mackay, as a former manager, should know better than most about racism in football especially when players of several different nationalities and skin colour are in his teams every week. He knows very well what the consequences of his behaviour are likely to be.

Here we have a former Premiership manager and ex-international footballer clearly exhibiting racist and anti-semitic language, whilst employed in a position of responsibility.

That is absolutely not acceptable in this day and age and it wouldn't surprise me if both Mackay and Moody were arrested and interviewed.

The FA have already opened an enquiry into the matter and I think both can expect lengthy bans from all football related matters.

McCormick & Hughes, however serious or distasteful their offences might be, have been convicted and punished. Their dues to society have been paid.

Malky Mackay on 19:28 - Aug 21 with 3377 viewsTalkingSutty

If Mackay had done the same as Lee Hughes then there probably would have been a way back into football for him. His job is that of a football manager and as such he is expected to work with black and gay footballers and staff, players who are Jewish etc.

If proved I don't see how he would be employed in footballing circles again. Ron Atkinson and Andy Gray made similar comments (You could argue to a lesser degree,looking at the evidence seized) and their careers have never recovered.
Malky Mackay on 19:38 - Aug 21 with 3352 viewsfunkkk

Malky Mackay on 19:28 - Aug 21 by TalkingSutty

If Mackay had done the same as Lee Hughes then there probably would have been a way back into football for him. His job is that of a football manager and as such he is expected to work with black and gay footballers and staff, players who are Jewish etc.

If proved I don't see how he would be employed in footballing circles again. Ron Atkinson and Andy Gray made similar comments (You could argue to a lesser degree,looking at the evidence seized) and their careers have never recovered.

Andy Gray is raking it in to be fair.
Malky Mackay on 19:40 - Aug 21 with 3344 viewsD_Alien

The fact that Mackay felt able to let loose with his views indicates that there's still a culture of racism and homophobia in football. Clearly, he didn't feel in the least bit isolated in expressing what he did - rather the opposite, that it'd go down well. That says a lot.

Who knows what gets said in the privacy of dressing rooms, training pitches and what are expected to be private texts & emails?

Having said that, if I were Mackay and the FA took action against him, I'd be asking my lawyer how things stood in relation to the comments made by Richard Scudamore recently. Talk about not having a leg to stand on?! (N.B. that's not a reflection of my views on people with missing limbs!)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Malky Mackay on 21:32 - Aug 21 with 3210 viewsParkinsGimp

There is still a lot of racism out there, but lets not forget it goes both ways, but only one way is reported. If anyone condemns one side I hope they equally condemn the other as well..... as I do!
Malky Mackay on 22:39 - Aug 21 with 3141 viewsBrighouseDale

Not sticking up for Hughes or McCormick one bit here, but I suppose you could put their mistakes down to a moment of madness, a one off. Whereas Mackay obviously has some very flawed views and he'll probably always be like that.

It's highly unlikely that Hughes or McCormick would drink and drive again, but Mackay will always be a pillock stuck in the dark ages.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024