Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cov city away 11:38 - Aug 21 with 5055 views_dezzy

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-agree-deal-ret

Looks like a trip to the Ricoh could be back on the cards

KHBA

Cov city away on 16:53 - Aug 21 with 1517 viewsbolton_dale

Cov city away on 16:50 - Aug 21 by Ralphs12

If not enough people want to go on the sodding thing then it isn't going to run. Why run something at a loss?

If you want to get a coach going to every game, you buy the coach set up a coach company and run a coach to every away game. As has been said before plenty of people don't get the coach for MANY reasons. Stop bleating on about other clubs and what they do, we aren't other clubs. Move on.

I don't know why you give him the time of day!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 16:54]
Cov city away on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1501 viewsRalphs12

Cov city away on 16:53 - Aug 21 by bolton_dale

I don't know why you give him the time of day!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 16:54]

I'm trying not to but I'm already sick of every thread mentioning an away game being about how its unprofessional we don't run 15 coaches and have free pies for every other man. "other clubs are laughing at us for being non league." bollocks.

Plus I'm bored.
Cov city away on 17:09 - Aug 21 with 1483 viewsTVOS1907

Cov city away on 15:58 - Aug 21 by tazzydjr

Still not the point it's unprofessional as an Football League Club not having an Reliable Supporters Coach even in Championship teams take atleast 3 to Away Matches, The other point I'm getting at even if i asked for a lift. I'd end up with everything but the lift because there would be excuse after excuse even fairytale's. The weekend of Crawley aswell they are working on the line so there are no Trains into Manchester that weekend.

If I remember correctly, Tazzy, you have been given lifts to places like Exeter, MK Dons and Port Vale (8/10) in recent seasons.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Cov city away on 17:14 - Aug 21 with 1478 viewstazzydjr

Cov city away on 17:09 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

If I remember correctly, Tazzy, you have been given lifts to places like Exeter, MK Dons and Port Vale (8/10) in recent seasons.

True but 3 out of 138 Matches minus the local matches
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 17:14]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Cov city away on 17:27 - Aug 21 with 1448 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Cov city away on 17:14 - Aug 21 by tazzydjr

where's our club statistician when you need him/her..?
Cov city away on 17:34 - Aug 21 with 1434 viewsHK_Dale

Cov city away on 17:14 - Aug 21 by tazzydjr

It's no ones obligation to give you a lift tazzy, be thankful that you got some lifts.

Understand your frustration but no one is intentionally avoiding giving you a lift.
Cov city away on 17:42 - Aug 21 with 1413 viewstazzydjr

Cov city away on 17:34 - Aug 21 by HK_Dale

It's no ones obligation to give you a lift tazzy, be thankful that you got some lifts.

Understand your frustration but no one is intentionally avoiding giving you a lift.

I understand that HK but it's like for example if the Coach were to be Cancelled for Crawley say people's wishes get granted then that game becomes an exclusive watch. It's indeed frustrating because it use to run all the time!

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Cov city away on 17:59 - Aug 21 with 1388 viewsTVOS1907

Cov city away on 17:27 - Aug 21 by Albert_Whitehurst

where's our club statistician when you need him/her..?

Giving Tazzy lifts to Port Vale!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Cov city away on 18:54 - Aug 21 with 1321 viewsisitme

Cov city away on 17:42 - Aug 21 by tazzydjr

I understand that HK but it's like for example if the Coach were to be Cancelled for Crawley say people's wishes get granted then that game becomes an exclusive watch. It's indeed frustrating because it use to run all the time!

Tazzy are you really trying to suggest that people will deliberately not book on a coach just so that it gets cancelled which will result in you not being able to go to the game?

Coach costs £27
Ticket to seat £24

That's over £50 without an food or drink for one person and the coach also sets off at 7:30 am and probably gets back well after 10:00 pm. If someone drives a quick and rough calculation is about £100 in fuel.

We also play Sheffield United away the week after. Watching football, especially long distance away games can be very expensive.
Cov city away on 19:49 - Aug 21 with 1273 viewsTalkingSutty

Cov city away on 18:54 - Aug 21 by isitme

Tazzy are you really trying to suggest that people will deliberately not book on a coach just so that it gets cancelled which will result in you not being able to go to the game?

Coach costs £27
Ticket to seat £24

That's over £50 without an food or drink for one person and the coach also sets off at 7:30 am and probably gets back well after 10:00 pm. If someone drives a quick and rough calculation is about £100 in fuel.

We also play Sheffield United away the week after. Watching football, especially long distance away games can be very expensive.

Correct, it is expensive. There are other things to spend money on apart from Football like eating out and drinking, buying tickets for cricket and visiting the theatre, buying fishing tackle/permits/bait, going on holidays and short breaks.

Even in the lower divisions the fans are generally taken for granted by people in the industry, once you realise that it's easier to miss some games and divert your money into other leisure activities. I think Swindon Town are charging 26 quid for away fans this season, no thanks !!
Cov city away on 19:54 - Aug 21 with 1256 viewsnordenblue

Cov city away on 17:34 - Aug 21 by HK_Dale

Does the world not owe him a living? I think every one of us should offer to drive to 1 away fixture of his choice, free of charge though and stop being so selfish
Cov city away on 19:55 - Aug 21 with 1254 viewsD_Alien

Cov city away on 19:49 - Aug 21 by TalkingSutty

Correct, it is expensive. There are other things to spend money on apart from Football like eating out and drinking, buying tickets for cricket and visiting the theatre, buying fishing tackle/permits/bait, going on holidays and short breaks.

Even in the lower divisions the fans are generally taken for granted by people in the industry, once you realise that it's easier to miss some games and divert your money into other leisure activities. I think Swindon Town are charging 26 quid for away fans this season, no thanks !!

That's almost certainly why some people get really irate at games. If the performance is poor they're thinking to themselves "for the money I've spent on this I could be doing..."

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cov city away on 20:01 - Aug 21 with 1225 viewsTalkingSutty

Cov city away on 19:55 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

That's almost certainly why some people get really irate at games. If the performance is poor they're thinking to themselves "for the money I've spent on this I could be doing..."

Correct, under Hilly though we haven't done bad.
Cov city away on 21:36 - Aug 21 with 1156 viewsCockneyDale

Crikey, this thread is giving me flashbacks
Cov city away on 21:48 - Aug 21 with 1131 viewsParkinsGimp

I not been on AN club coach since the awful trip to Plymouth when we missed out on the play-offs....... bloody dry day and dropped off in middle of bloody nowhere with no pubs, then long journey home with silly muppets wanting to stop at almost every service station for crisps and pop , never again...its like public transport just full of window lickers
Cov city away on 21:48 - Aug 21 with 1107 viewsfitzochris

Cov city away on 21:36 - Aug 21 by CockneyDale

Crikey, this thread is giving me flashbacks

And the last one ended in a TAZBO.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Cov city away on 22:46 - Aug 21 with 1048 viewsitschalky

How many do you take away?...

At Notts we have two coaches that you can travel on,the official one run by Notts and an Unofficial one run by fans...

The unofficial one is very popular because it stops of at a pub halfway but the one run by Notts is pretty much full as well,couldnt your fans organize one for away days?...
Cov city away on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 1015 viewsD_Alien

Cov city away on 22:46 - Aug 21 by itschalky

At Notts we have two coaches that you can travel on,the official one run by Notts and an Unofficial one run by fans...

The unofficial one is very popular because it stops of at a pub halfway but the one run by Notts is pretty much full as well,couldnt your fans organize one for away days?...

Good idea

And if anyone is being f**kin annoying they could be left at an pub and picked up on the way back

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cov city away on 22:59 - Aug 21 with 1011 viewsroccydaleian

Fook off Chalky.
Cov city away on 00:17 - Aug 22 with 956 viewsTVOS1907

Ask Jim Rodwell.

Cov city away on 10:56 - Aug 22 with 858 viewstazzydjr

There use to be 3 (Official, Unofficial set-up by Fans & SFD's bus god rest his soul), it's shocking that we can hardly get one running now.

Cov city away on 13:35 - Aug 22 with 782 viewsChaffRAFC

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Cov city away on 13:38 - Aug 22 with 772 viewsTVOS1907

Cov city away on 13:35 - Aug 22 by ChaffRAFC

If twots like you stopped getting married and raising a family with all its expense, we might take more coaches to deepest Sussex, you selfish bar steward!

Cov city away on 13:47 - Aug 22 with 760 viewsChaffRAFC

Cov city away on 13:38 - Aug 22 by TVOS1907

If twots like you stopped getting married and raising a family with all its expense, we might take more coaches to deepest Sussex, you selfish bar steward!

#BlameChaff

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Cov city away on 14:13 - Aug 22 with 733 viewsmacro

Yet as a percentage of home fans we take more away than anyone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024