Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cov city away 11:38 - Aug 21 with 5095 views_dezzy

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-agree-deal-ret

Looks like a trip to the Ricoh could be back on the cards

KHBA

Cov city away on 14:16 - Aug 22 with 997 viewstazzydjr

Cov city away on 14:13 - Aug 22 by macro

Yet as a percentage of home fans we take more away than anyone

That's only because we only got 2k odd home fans at home in League 2, We should be aiming to fill all 10,000 seats not just an faction! Just look at Chesterfield who claimed there were 5,685.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Cov city away on 14:19 - Aug 22 with 987 viewsTVOS1907

Cov city away on 14:16 - Aug 22 by tazzydjr

That's only because we only got 2k odd home fans at home in League 2, We should be aiming to fill all 10,000 seats not just an faction! Just look at Chesterfield who claimed there were 5,685.

Is a faction like a clique?

Why don't you contact the club with ideas on how we can miraculously fill all 10,000 seats?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cov city away on 14:29 - Aug 22 with 968 viewstazzydjr

Cov city away on 14:19 - Aug 22 by TVOS1907

Is a faction like a clique?

Why don't you contact the club with ideas on how we can miraculously fill all 10,000 seats?

Surely it can't be that hard if Chesterfield can drag Fans away from the likes of Derby County, Leeds Utd, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Wednesday & Big Club's in that neck of the wood's!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 14:29]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Cov city away on 14:33 - Aug 22 with 950 viewsolympicdale

Cov city away on 14:29 - Aug 22 by tazzydjr

Surely it can't be that hard if Chesterfield can drag Fans away from the likes of Derby County, Leeds Utd, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Wednesday & Big Club's in that neck of the wood's!

6 pages

Life is a game of fate.

Cov city away on 14:38 - Aug 22 with 936 viewsTVOS1907

Chesterfield have always had decent enough support from their own town.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cov city away on 14:39 - Aug 22 with 935 viewsScunnydale

Must...not....ach!

Chesterfield is 52 miles away from Leeds. By that logic, we should include Stoke (52miles) as one of the big clubs in our neck of the woods. And Blackpool (48). And Leeds (33).

We also have Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Curzon Ashton, Burnley and Bratf't nearer to us than Chesterfield is to Leeds.

I'd argue that four of those seven are bigger than either of those four you mention for Chesterfield. I'm not telling you which four. ;)
Cov city away on 14:53 - Aug 22 with 896 viewsbuckbyname

Cov city away on 13:50 - Aug 21 by tazzydjr

We'll see i have faith that we'll take something to Crawley not to look like and Conference side & We should easily fill an coach if Cov City are back at the Ricoh before 31st January 2015.

It's time we started showing these big egotistic Football Club's that we have an Football Fanbase that can match Oldham's, Who take an supporters coach everywhere over the country even when their bottom of the League!

Possibly translated as...

We'll see, I have faith that we'll take something from Crawley and not look like a Conference side. We should easily fill a coach if Coventry City are back at the Ricoh before 31st January 2015.

It's time we started showing these big egotistic Football Club's that we have a Football fan base that can match Oldham's that takes a supporters coach everywhere in the country even when bottom of the League!

notes: not sure whether matching Oldham's away following is a stretching target; Coventry do not seem to be as egotistical as some; will our away following increase because we play at the Ricoh instead of Northampton? We are not bottom of the league;
Cov city away on 14:58 - Aug 22 with 886 viewsD_Alien

Cov city away on 14:53 - Aug 22 by buckbyname

Possibly translated as...

We'll see, I have faith that we'll take something from Crawley and not look like a Conference side. We should easily fill a coach if Coventry City are back at the Ricoh before 31st January 2015.

It's time we started showing these big egotistic Football Club's that we have a Football fan base that can match Oldham's that takes a supporters coach everywhere in the country even when bottom of the League!

notes: not sure whether matching Oldham's away following is a stretching target; Coventry do not seem to be as egotistical as some; will our away following increase because we play at the Ricoh instead of Northampton? We are not bottom of the league;

More likely that tazzy's referring to taking a coach to Crawley, since if we don't it makes us seem like a Conference club in his opinion.

[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 15:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Cov city away on 15:00 - Aug 22 with 882 viewsDaley_Lama

Cov city away on 14:39 - Aug 22 by Scunnydale

Must...not....ach!

Chesterfield is 52 miles away from Leeds. By that logic, we should include Stoke (52miles) as one of the big clubs in our neck of the woods. And Blackpool (48). And Leeds (33).

We also have Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Curzon Ashton, Burnley and Bratf't nearer to us than Chesterfield is to Leeds.

I'd argue that four of those seven are bigger than either of those four you mention for Chesterfield. I'm not telling you which four. ;)

AND BURY!!!!!

Poll: DF in or out

Cov city away on 15:18 - Aug 22 with 850 viewsBrierls

I agree.

I think we're missing an fans organisation to bring all this together, to unite the fanbase. Attract new fans by publicising the club better, having everything in one place, maybe even start arranging cheap coaches if the official one doesn't run to every game. Non-profit, all proceeds going back into events for the fans.

Do you know what I mean? Kinda like a "for the fans, by the fans" organisation.
Cov city away on 16:07 - Aug 22 with 786 viewsRalphs12

Cov city away on 15:18 - Aug 22 by Brierls

I agree.

I think we're missing an fans organisation to bring all this together, to unite the fanbase. Attract new fans by publicising the club better, having everything in one place, maybe even start arranging cheap coaches if the official one doesn't run to every game. Non-profit, all proceeds going back into events for the fans.

Cov city away on 16:59 - Aug 22 with 747 viewsbuckbyname

Cov city away on 17:34 - Aug 21 by HK_Dale

It's no ones obligation to give you a lift tazzy, be thankful that you got some lifts.

Understand your frustration but no one is intentionally avoiding giving you a lift.

I am
Cov city away on 17:25 - Aug 22 with 719 viewsdeezel

Cov city away on 15:18 - Aug 22 by Brierls

I agree.

Hiring coaches or minibuses on a one off basis is very expensive.

If you can guarantee a seasons worth of bookings you might get a decent rate
Cov city away on 19:39 - Aug 22 with 638 viewsnordenblue

Cov city away on 14:38 - Aug 22 by TVOS1907

Chesterfield have always had decent enough support from their own town.

And are situated nowhere near the biggest of the teams mentioned Leeds so how would they drag support from them, the mind boggles
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024