Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! 12:31 - Aug 22 with 13676 viewsBrizzleLadInPeace

Hi All, I am going to be one of the 1,000 odd fans making the early start to head up to Spotland tomorrow, for what should be a good encounter between both sides. I am here to give my opinions on the threats you will have to overcome to beat this current Bristol City side tomorrow, the weaknesses in our side, and also to get an insight from your fans of what to expect from your side!

On the pitch, we have made a solid start, picking up 7 points out of 9, without playing near our full potential. Things haven't quite clicked yet, the new signings are slowly settling in, some impacting the few games we have played more than others. Currently, Cotterill has got us playing the 3-5-2 system which he puts much faith in, the same system which he implemented on the side when he took over back in January last year, which sparked a change in fortunes, and got us playing much more efficient and effective football.

We have done our business this summer very effectively, picking up all but one player (Agard) early in the summer, allowing them to bond in the Pre-Season tour we took part in of Botswana and South Africa. Despite making such a tidy start, I and many fans don't class us as Top 6 certainties just yet, although it looks very likely, I believe we are still vulnerable in two areas of the pitch.

I'll start with our keeper, Frank Fielding. Frank signed last summer, and made a horror start, getting dropped after 5 games or so, and Frank's #1 jersey was not regained until the end of last season, where he came in and put in some good performances. In the first 3 games, Frank has not made any notable huge mistakes, but it is little things that make you un-certain about him, and the bloke definitely has a mistake in him. Pressure him hard enough tomorrow, and you'll get a goal out of the bloke. A new number one is one area in which we need to re-invest.

Another department in which we look weak in, is LCB. It is early to judge yes I know, but from what I have seen in these early parts of the season, teams are using out weaker left side to their advantage, and looking to exploit it when possible. Saying this, we do have a starter to come back in, Karl Osborne, who is now available after receiving a horror injury in our Pre-Season tour, whether he is selected for the squad remains to be seen, as fitness may play a part in this. As I referred to earlier in the post, we are playing the 3-5-2 system at the moment, currently selecting either Bryan or Cunningham at LWB, neither are natural LWB's, but can certainly do a job and play a part in getting us out of this division.

Onto the strengths of our squad, and believe me, there is much more to be pleased about in the last few months being a Bristol City fan, and that being down to the depth of our squad that Cotterill has created. In the striking department, we have really created a pairing of 4 to be afraid of. In Baldock, JET and Agard, we have 3 players who scored 72 goals in this very division last season, and currently JET isn't even getting a look in! We also have a new man in Aaron Wilbraham, who has came in and scored 3 in 3, and looks a good asset to have. Wilbraham did seem to like a tad tired Tuesday, and whether he plays or not with Agard coming in yesterday remains to be seen. One of the problems with not having either JET or Wilbraham in your front 5, is that we have no-one else in it over 6 foot, so both of those two bring a different outlet to the team, and give us something else to resort to if Plan A is not proving successful.

Our midfield is neat and tidy, with the recruits of Wade Elliot, the 35 year old experienced midfielder who was on loan with us in the latter stages of last season, and Korey Smith, the rock infront of the back 4, who breaks up play and is a hard tackler; someone we have missed for years. The backup in this department doesn't look half bad either, including Pack, who started Tuesday and had a tidy game, and also Reid, one of our academy graduates, but is more of an attacking flair player.

At the back we look more organised than in recent years, picking up Ayling from Yeovil who has done a tidy job, and also with the vast improvement of Aden Flint, who is now proving to be the player we thought we had signed 12 months ago, but he didn't quite cut it last season, and found himself sat on the bench a lot of the time. In the backup department, we have Adam El-Abd, the experienced defender from Brighton. He came in last January, and made numerous mistakes and found life hard adapting to a new team, but after a good pre-season, looks to of found his feet, and has been neat and tidy when brought on to hold out a lead.

Overall, I'm pleased with the balance of our squad, and look forward to the upcoming season. If you got this far on reading, fair play to you, and I look forward to the day tomorrow, and also reading your responses your fans have, and also to get an insight on what to expect from your team!

That's all from me guys, thanks.
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:34 - Aug 23 with 3403 viewsmightydale

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:21 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

We know what you meant, but can't we just credit Dale with more than matching an expensively put-together outfit?

Calling them dog poo denigrates our performance too.

no it doesn't our performance, our passion our passing, our fitness was way better than Bristol city ,our moment also they had no answer for at times and with the budget they got I expected a lot better from them so yes basically they were dog poo

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:37 - Aug 23 with 3381 viewsD_Alien

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:34 - Aug 23 by mightydale

no it doesn't our performance, our passion our passing, our fitness was way better than Bristol city ,our moment also they had no answer for at times and with the budget they got I expected a lot better from them so yes basically they were dog poo

So, we managed a point against dog poo?

FFS

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:42 - Aug 23 with 3346 viewsmightydale

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:37 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

So, we managed a point against dog poo?

FFS

Listen am not here to argue with you its mine opinion if you don't like it tough shit

FFS

Plus if we had there budget it wouldn't of been 1-1

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:43 - Aug 23 with 3326 viewsisitme

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:34 - Aug 23 by mightydale

I would take their centre half Flint, he had a good game and their number 9 was always a threat.

We more than matched a good team, who are one of the favourites for promotion.
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:46 - Aug 23 with 3305 viewsD_Alien

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:42 - Aug 23 by mightydale

Listen am not here to argue with you its mine opinion if you don't like it tough shit

FFS

Plus if we had there budget it wouldn't of been 1-1

But I am here to argue, and your opinion of the Bristol performance as dog poo is not only way off the mark but (if correct) would put ours in a different light.

Why, when everything is positive about our performance, seek to rubbish the opposition?

It's every bit as bad as robshaker coming on here and trying to make a worthless point about the attendance.

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! (n/t) on 18:48 - Aug 23 with 3291 viewsRedRobin

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! (n/t) on 17:25 - Aug 23 by boromat

Any thoughts from our friends from Bristol City?

Was expecting a tough game and got one so no complaints about the result. We shaded the first half but credit to you, you came out all gunz blazing second half and more than deserved a point.

With regards to us being 'dog poo'. Its only one game and all. As I said earlier theres more to it than money. Enjoy the rest of your season guys.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 18:52]
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:52 - Aug 23 with 3241 viewsmightydale

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:46 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

But I am here to argue, and your opinion of the Bristol performance as dog poo is not only way off the mark but (if correct) would put ours in a different light.

Why, when everything is positive about our performance, seek to rubbish the opposition?

It's every bit as bad as robshaker coming on here and trying to make a worthless point about the attendance.

FFS I put it so you ll understand it they were dog poo cause of our passing , our pressing our commitment, our fitness , our performance. We made them dog poo cause of our performance, all am saying is I expected a lot more like I did with peterbourgh.

What part of that do not FCUKING understand, Thought Tazzy was bad

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:57 - Aug 23 with 3207 viewsD_Alien

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:52 - Aug 23 by mightydale

FFS I put it so you ll understand it they were dog poo cause of our passing , our pressing our commitment, our fitness , our performance. We made them dog poo cause of our performance, all am saying is I expected a lot more like I did with peterbourgh.

Oh, I'm much worse than Taz, and I'm more expensive.

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 19:15 - Aug 23 with 3103 viewsDaley_Lama

City were dog pooh?

Blimey, I must have been watching a different game.

To me they looked a darned fine outfit and it was noly our teams raised work effort, endeavour and tally-ho minded second half that made them look shakey at the back.

Quality all over the park they have, without a doubt.

Fantastic performance by our lot, didn't go to Crewe but to match that lot today was a great effort.

Allen and Hery are starting to tick.....

Poll: DF in or out

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 19:54 - Aug 23 with 2970 viewsTalkingSutty

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 19:15 - Aug 23 by Daley_Lama

City were dog pooh?

To me they looked a darned fine outfit and it was noly our teams raised work effort, endeavour and tally-ho minded second half that made them look shakey at the back.

Fantastic performance by our lot, didn't go to Crewe but to match that lot today was a great effort.

Great post, Bristol obviously have some good footballers and they played their part in what was a bloody good game. When you leave the match knowing you have seen some good football that's the best feeling.

We all want our own team to win but lets credit our opponents, they always looked capable of gaining a result. We shaded it though.
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 20:04 - Aug 23 with 2910 viewsnordenblue

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:43 - Aug 23 by isitme

I would take their centre half Flint, he had a good game and their number 9 was always a threat.

We more than matched a good team, who are one of the favourites for promotion.

Their right back with the long hair possibly number 22 was quality anytime the ball came near him, didnt rate that Flint strangely enough apart from his height didnt see much in his game, he was shockingly slow and blocking everyones path to the ball was his main weapon,very limited its obvious hes only their to win headers
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 20:49 - Aug 23 with 2820 viewsTalkingSutty

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 20:04 - Aug 23 by nordenblue

Their right back with the long hair possibly number 22 was quality anytime the ball came near him, didnt rate that Flint strangely enough apart from his height didnt see much in his game, he was shockingly slow and blocking everyones path to the ball was his main weapon,very limited its obvious hes only their to win headers

We always mention the word 'opinions' on this forum and its true we do see things differently. I thought Flint looked a cut above league one standard today. In the first half he defended a ball against Henderson where he out paced and out muscled him,a great example of defending. He also won everything in the air
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 21:14 - Aug 23 with 2733 viewsnordenblue

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 20:49 - Aug 23 by TalkingSutty

We always mention the word 'opinions' on this forum and its true we do see things differently. I thought Flint looked a cut above league one standard today. In the first half he defended a ball against Henderson where he out paced and out muscled him,a great example of defending. He also won everything in the air

I think I remember the incident near the pearl street? He just blocks the forwards run to the ball and you've no chance of running around his gangly arms hence the muscling out comment, but you're right it is all opinions.He reminds me of that "Boom Boom" McCombe bloke who was at Huddersfield just a big lanky flat footed centre half who will naturally win everything in the air but pants on the floor.Hes no Harry Maguire who was at Sheff United last season now he's quality for a big centre half
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 22:46 - Aug 23 with 2570 viewsBrizzleLadInPeace

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 19:15 - Aug 23 by Daley_Lama

City were dog pooh?

Hi all. Got back about an hour ago, and have returned to the forum to give my verdict on the game as asked.

First off, fair play to you. I thought second half you more than matched us, and thoroughly deserved your point.

In the first half I thought we controlled the game, and although having the majority of the possession, yet again lacked creativity and a bit of craft in the final third. I thought Baldock had a good first half, and maybe if he could of grabbed a goal, I'd of been confident we could of seen the game out in the second half.

In the second half, you looked a changed team. You had a pace and some flare in your midfield, and were creating chances. Finally one went in, and I thought you sat back and were slightly more wary, and the game was for there for the taking for any side that wanted it, but clearly Cotterill didn't, by being so reluctant to make positive substitutions, much like the mistake made against Orient in midweek. Bringing of Freeman changed the game for us, as yet again, we lacked the link between midfield and upfront.

All in all, probably a more meaningful point for you than it is for us, but best of luck for the season, and I look forward to seeing some of you in Ashton Gate in the freezing cold.
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 23:02 - Aug 23 with 2501 views442Dale

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 22:46 - Aug 23 by BrizzleLadInPeace

Hi all. Got back about an hour ago, and have returned to the forum to give my verdict on the game as asked.

First off, fair play to you. I thought second half you more than matched us, and thoroughly deserved your point.

In the first half I thought we controlled the game, and although having the majority of the possession, yet again lacked creativity and a bit of craft in the final third. I thought Baldock had a good first half, and maybe if he could of grabbed a goal, I'd of been confident we could of seen the game out in the second half.

In the second half, you looked a changed team. You had a pace and some flare in your midfield, and were creating chances. Finally one went in, and I thought you sat back and were slightly more wary, and the game was for there for the taking for any side that wanted it, but clearly Cotterill didn't, by being so reluctant to make positive substitutions, much like the mistake made against Orient in midweek. Bringing of Freeman changed the game for us, as yet again, we lacked the link between midfield and upfront.

All in all, probably a more meaningful point for you than it is for us, but best of luck for the season, and I look forward to seeing some of you in Ashton Gate in the freezing cold.

It might not be too cold.

But yeah, Cotterill is rubbish.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 23:31 - Aug 23 with 2424 viewsBrizzleLadInPeace

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 23:02 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

It might not be too cold.

But yeah, Cotterill is rubbish.

He's done superb transfer business this summer, but he isn't squeezing even half of the potential out of the squad.

The formation doesn't compliment the players, the tactics are too negative to play the free flowing football we potentially could play; but, things aren't all bad. One of the three unbeaten teams in the league, and still 4th.
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 12:09 - Aug 24 with 2088 viewsfinberty

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 23:31 - Aug 23 by BrizzleLadInPeace

He's done superb transfer business this summer, but he isn't squeezing even half of the potential out of the squad.

The formation doesn't compliment the players, the tactics are too negative to play the free flowing football we potentially could play; but, things aren't all bad. One of the three unbeaten teams in the league, and still 4th.

I think you mean complement.
Compliment is saying nice things about somebody.
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 14:11 - Aug 24 with 1941 viewsaleanddale

More than competed with one of the early promotion favourites!

Looked a very good save at the end from frankie fielding!

Save of the season contender??
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 17:07 - Aug 25 with 1624 viewsParkinsGimp

Thought both home and away crowds were poor yesterday, 3100 is poor , but nowhere near 1000 brizzle fans LOL . another big club giving it the large one LOL
Whitey is right tbf, pop of 75k against 430k with equal numbers ....
its like that "big club " over the hill, who are back in the prem...shame half their fans come from yorkshire LOL , but perhaps we should get some from yorkshire cos they certainly aint coming from Rochdale....
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 21:35 - Aug 25 with 1379 viewsrod_leach

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 18:52 - Aug 23 by mightydale

Just seen this. Do you not understand the concept of debate? If someone disagrees with you an adult response isn't to abuse them. And you are wrong about the dog poo thing. We matched a decent side. If they were dog poo we'd have won.
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 08:03 - Aug 26 with 1237 viewsaleanddale

Agreed the trading insults just isnt us ( in house!! )

Rather than dog poo Brizzle a massive disapointment and i expected more than them chasing Dale shadows for 60 or more minutes.

More than competed with a big gun of League 1.

Allen and Hery ran the show and all 10 outfield players look as fit as butchers dogs!!

Just how they find those energy levels for 95 minutes plus is testiment to the genius of our management team and the hard work, commitent, endeavour and togetherness of the whole playing staff.

Well done again Dale you were magnificent last Saturday and if Hendos last gasp header had gone in nobody would have begrudged us 3 points...

Up the Dale!!!!!!!! Onto another Massive B in Bratfurt!!!!
Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 1090 viewsJws

Bristol City Fan - In Peace! on 21:35 - Aug 25 by rod_leach

Just seen this. Do you not understand the concept of debate? If someone disagrees with you an adult response isn't to abuse them. And you are wrong about the dog poo thing. We matched a decent side. If they were dog poo we'd have won.

And how bad is his grammar, spelling and punctuation!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024