Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's game 17:14 - Aug 23 with 5967 viewsColDale

Thought we played really well again today, and had it not been for a brilliant save by Frankie Fielding at the end, it would have been a well deserved 3 points.

Following the first couple of games, we looked like a side that was dependent on getting the first goal, but the last two games we've come from behind and this striker less side looks far more of a threat.

I didn't think City were a poor side but we were more than a match for them, and I'm sure the game statistics will back that up. We are finding our feet now and those fears of last saturday night seem a long way off. Obv not claiming we are going to win the league but we look like a League One side (especially considering we have played the more fancied teams), and it isn't half great to watch.

The subbing of Hery for Dawson changed the game. Have no doubts that Dawson will come good but at the moment, he doesn't have the fitness level to play for our first team and the game changed significantly following his introduction. Almost straight away, City had the bulk of possession and we sat back. If it was a case of settling for a point, we looked more in danger of losing it with Dawson on the pitch. He will get better, but at the moment, he looks a long way off starting for us.

I thought Hendo did everything right with that late chance. Headed it down, got it on target but what a save.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Today's game on 19:12 - Aug 23 with 2149 viewshxdale

Dale more than matched Bristol City, we had a great 2nd half.. Great save from Fielding late on could very well have been 3 pts.. On another day.. Bradford next week should be a cracker..

Thought was funny when in the 2nd half when Fielding fell over a player who was injured...

Great game, the side has some fantastic talent coming thro... Tanser, Bennett, Allen, Raff, Hery.. wow
Today's game on 19:14 - Aug 23 with 2135 viewsTVOS1907

Just an observation, we have the same W1, D1, L2 record as at the same stage last season.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 19:33]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Today's game on 19:31 - Aug 23 with 2059 views442Dale

Today's game on 19:14 - Aug 23 by TVOS1907

Just an observation, we have the same W1, D1, L2 record as at the same stage last season.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 19:33]

And in 07/08 & 09/10 (Wembley & first promotion seasons)

Hill also started his first season at Barnsley with that record.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Today's game on 20:03 - Aug 23 with 1948 viewsolympicdale

Today's game on 18:08 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

I rate Vincenti, and recognise what he brings to the team, but bloody hell... he was put through on the left towards the end of the first half and had acres of space to run with the ball, only for him to stop and turn back. Wish he'd show that extra 10% of confidence.

If its the same pass I remember, then Allen played it a bit behind him, and he had to turn back on himself.

Life is a game of fate.

Today's game on 20:09 - Aug 23 with 1920 viewsD_Alien

Today's game on 20:03 - Aug 23 by olympicdale

If its the same pass I remember, then Allen played it a bit behind him, and he had to turn back on himself.

I agree that Allen's pass could have had a touch more pace on it, but it was played in front of him and he had every opportunity to take it forward into a more dangerous position.

But it's a minor matter, and as someone else posted, it's possible he's being instructed not to venture too far forward on his own in case he loses the ball. If that's the case, it's disappointing and provision should always be made for players to cover their colleagues when they venture upfield.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today's game on 20:25 - Aug 23 with 1861 viewsChaffRAFC

Two good sides played a very good game of football today. Bristol City looked a good side and I feared the worst when I saw their squad. You could tell they were good players and deservedly took the lead. At that point I thought no other result possible. But, we came out brilliantly for the second half and were absolutely outstanding. Standout performances from Jamie Allen, Tom Kennedy and Joe Rafferty, all of whom were immense throughout and any of them could have been my MOM.

Quick mention for Bastien Hery, going forward, he's a joy to watch and even defensively today he looked decent but his decision making at times is what lets him down and on a couple of occasions, Bristol City broke on the counter as a result of Bastien losing the ball in key areas. Hill alluded to this in the Forum and was going absolutely bananas at him for it in this game. An awful lot of talent though that lad.

A wonderful performance in which we were, in the end, unlucky not to win. A joy to watch.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Today's game on 20:40 - Aug 23 with 1806 viewsnordenblue

Today's game on 20:25 - Aug 23 by ChaffRAFC

Two good sides played a very good game of football today. Bristol City looked a good side and I feared the worst when I saw their squad. You could tell they were good players and deservedly took the lead. At that point I thought no other result possible. But, we came out brilliantly for the second half and were absolutely outstanding. Standout performances from Jamie Allen, Tom Kennedy and Joe Rafferty, all of whom were immense throughout and any of them could have been my MOM.

Quick mention for Bastien Hery, going forward, he's a joy to watch and even defensively today he looked decent but his decision making at times is what lets him down and on a couple of occasions, Bristol City broke on the counter as a result of Bastien losing the ball in key areas. Hill alluded to this in the Forum and was going absolutely bananas at him for it in this game. An awful lot of talent though that lad.

A wonderful performance in which we were, in the end, unlucky not to win. A joy to watch.

Hery is on a different level to many on the pitch with his thought process, some of the passes he strokes about are a joy to watch and god knows how he finds his man so often in really tight positions, struggled for man of the match as so many contenders but for me its Hendo he's an absolute joy to watch and some of his touches and control are worthy of a far far bigger stage to Dale, rapidly turning into one of my favourite all time players, mr consistent and seems to love wearing the captains armband and organising everyone.A cracking game with 2 quality footballing sides both playing the right way.
Today's game on 21:37 - Aug 23 with 1695 viewsMIlnrowdale

Today's game on 20:40 - Aug 23 by nordenblue

Hery is on a different level to many on the pitch with his thought process, some of the passes he strokes about are a joy to watch and god knows how he finds his man so often in really tight positions, struggled for man of the match as so many contenders but for me its Hendo he's an absolute joy to watch and some of his touches and control are worthy of a far far bigger stage to Dale, rapidly turning into one of my favourite all time players, mr consistent and seems to love wearing the captains armband and organising everyone.A cracking game with 2 quality footballing sides both playing the right way.

Hery was unplayable in that 1st 20 minutes of the second half, but they all played well.

also, great schmeichelesque save from Logan
Login to get fewer ads

Today's game on 00:14 - Aug 24 with 1521 viewsSandyman

Today's game on 21:37 - Aug 23 by MIlnrowdale

Hery was unplayable in that 1st 20 minutes of the second half, but they all played well.

also, great schmeichelesque save from Logan

I presume you mean Peter and not Krapser the mard arse ?
Today's game on 16:28 - Aug 24 with 1252 viewsbilbobaggins

well done lads well earned point
Today's game on 17:37 - Aug 24 with 1173 viewsdebbiesfella

Today's game on 19:11 - Aug 23 by ColDale

1st point of the season today
http://www.football365.com/match/3733701/report?

To be fair it does say first home point.
Today's game on 16:33 - Aug 26 with 957 viewsColDale

Hendo was voted as motm by our readers
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/match-ratings/display/match:11962
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024