Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassingly Bad 16:55 - Aug 30 with 10776 viewsGhanaDale

That really was humiliating. EDIT: Ive calmed down now, wrong word to use)
Nobody looked interested, ALL our players need to get to the gym and man the feck up.
No positives from that sadly!

EDIT: Mostly talking about the 2nd half. We were ok until we conceded the same goal as against Peterborough and Preston.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:58]

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:03 - Aug 30 with 8029 viewsDaleFan7

We were okay in the first half, dire in the second.
The new guy on loan looked decent and I think he should 100% start from now on.
We had one shot on target and can't rely on Henderson to score every week.
How on earth is Donnelly earning a wage playing football in league one? If someone that bad can earn that much money for doing nothing then where do I sign up?
We were crying out for a change and it took us to go behind to happen.
Their second goal came from their most obvious goal threat yet he was completely unmarked

That's what I took from the game.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:04]
Embarrassingly Bad on 17:17 - Aug 30 with 7943 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:03 - Aug 30 by DaleFan7

We were okay in the first half, dire in the second.
The new guy on loan looked decent and I think he should 100% start from now on.
We had one shot on target and can't rely on Henderson to score every week.
How on earth is Donnelly earning a wage playing football in league one? If someone that bad can earn that much money for doing nothing then where do I sign up?
We were crying out for a change and it took us to go behind to happen.
Their second goal came from their most obvious goal threat yet he was completely unmarked

That's what I took from the game.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:04]

Disagree with the OP. Lacking a cutting edge in the final third but there was some positives. I though Hery, Allan and Tanser all did well. Was very impressed with the cameo from our new forward also.
Embarrassingly Bad on 17:22 - Aug 30 with 7909 viewsShun

Think you're being slightly harsh, Ghana. Up until the first goal I thought we were the better side. Hery was fantastic, I love watching him play. There were a few positives today but ultimately it was a poor loss against, in my opinion, a poor side.
Embarrassingly Bad on 17:22 - Aug 30 with 7899 views442Dale

Hopefully we won't overreact too much. First half we played some good football and Hery and Allen were really fantastic to watch. The only complaint was not making the most of situations when we broke at them, choosing to pass rather than attack the defender or put in a shot. Their football was industrial until they scored and hitting Hanson was always going to be their best option, fair enough to them but Parkinson can't claim he's looking to change the way they play.

The big mistake was the mass substitutions which left us looking unsure what style we were looking to play, direct or use the midfield effectively as we had previously? It wasn't as though it was a result of going two down as Donnelly and Fenelon were waiting to one on as they took their corner which led to the second.

Disappointing result, but again there was a first half that was not only promising but enjoyable to watch.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:24 - Aug 30 with 7888 viewsboromat

Far from humiliating! We were the better team in the first half but horrible in the second.

Similar in some ways to Preston and Peterborough games. Although I don't think Bradford are as good as them and that's what's disappointing about today, it was winnable and we didn't turn up second half.

Positives for me were Allen, Tanser and for me TK had a very good game. Hery was good first half but terrible second.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:27 - Aug 30 with 7849 viewsGhanaDale

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:24 - Aug 30 by boromat

Far from humiliating! We were the better team in the first half but horrible in the second.

Similar in some ways to Preston and Peterborough games. Although I don't think Bradford are as good as them and that's what's disappointing about today, it was winnable and we didn't turn up second half.

Positives for me were Allen, Tanser and for me TK had a very good game. Hery was good first half but terrible second.

Need to stop posting straight after the match, i get too angry!

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:32 - Aug 30 with 7803 views442Dale

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:24 - Aug 30 by boromat

Hery needs options, the changes gave him few. His choice and weight of passes is of the highest standard, but without someone to pass to the game can pass(!) him by. Same with Allen. We just got it wrong, it happens I suppose.

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:34 - Aug 30 with 7787 viewsSJE_Dale

Far from humiliating, if anything just frustrating

Very good first half where I was very impressed with Tanser and Hery, also considering he's filling in for Lancashire I think Eastham was very composed.

Second half we drifted out of the game a bit still generating a couple of chances but once the first goal went in (thanks JK) that was it.

Negatives for me was despite breaking well once we got into the final third we seemed a bit lost on what to do, mainly because of Henderson and Done both being the only two being threatening around the box. But positives was the debut of Fenelon who looks like he could be useful and how despite saying some of the supposedly bigger teams in the division we haven't looked out of our depth
Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:34 - Aug 30 with 7777 viewsD_Alien

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:22 - Aug 30 by 442Dale

Hopefully we won't overreact too much. First half we played some good football and Hery and Allen were really fantastic to watch. The only complaint was not making the most of situations when we broke at them, choosing to pass rather than attack the defender or put in a shot. Their football was industrial until they scored and hitting Hanson was always going to be their best option, fair enough to them but Parkinson can't claim he's looking to change the way they play.

The big mistake was the mass substitutions which left us looking unsure what style we were looking to play, direct or use the midfield effectively as we had previously? It wasn't as though it was a result of going two down as Donnelly and Fenelon were waiting to one on as they took their corner which led to the second.

Disappointing result, but again there was a first half that was not only promising but enjoyable to watch.

Making the most of situations... yep. Several times we broke upfield and took the wrong option every single one of them. We passed when a shot was on, and shot when we had someone in a better position to pass to.

Goal disallowed, then JK - who was superb throughout - stroked the ball home as calm as you like. Fair play to him for his total lack of celebration.

Hilly's got some thinking to do. The Done/Hendo combo didn't come off today. Fenelon looked like a footballer. Over to you, Hilly.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:47 - Aug 30 with 7668 viewsRooleyblue

The new lad Fenelon looked like a striker who wants to play abit more direct, He had a good first touch and looked like he has a bit of pace.
He could be the piece of the jigsaw that Hilly was missing,
Only time will tell but a promising start from the lad.
Hery was superb first half but second half we were over run in the middle, We could do with Lund back asap.
As for the substitutions, it smacked off desperation, No shape or tactics,
Overall we will play worse than that and win.
42 games to go yet, so no need to panic yet, but it doesn't mean we cant be disappointed.
Embarrassingly Bad on 18:02 - Aug 30 with 7564 viewsBrighouseDale

First half was cracking, Bradford looked confused and couldn't suss us out. Second half was disappointing, no idea what Hill was thinking bringing Andrew and Donnely on.

I'd love to see Joe Bunney and Fenelon play together.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:05 - Aug 30 with 7541 views442Dale

Hill's view:

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2436027-post-match-officallydale-manager-keith-hill-aft

Fair summing up and he's spot on about the fans being aware of the situation.

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:07 - Aug 30 with 7523 viewsisitme

In the first half we played well but with no real end product, apart from Done's header which was disallowed for offside. I thought we wasted a number of breaks due to indecision.

In the second half Bradford were much the better side without creating too much. We had a great opportunity when Done had the ball on the left side of the penalty area and a better cross to Bennett should have been a certain goal.

Again we got caught with two soft goals. The header down found Kennedy with too much time and for the second Hanson won the header against Hanson. As someone near me said all he does is win the ball in the air. Within a team players have roles.

The changes possible could have been made earlier and Fenelon looked a decent player. I thought Tanser had another steady game and Hery looked good at times.

We still need to make the step up in the box, both defensively and offensively. When we do that we will be okay.
Embarrassingly Bad on 18:09 - Aug 30 with 7500 viewsolympicdale

Clearly a thread posted in the heat of the moment, I think Bradford may secretly feel they got out of jail a bit, 2-0 flattered them, we were much the better team for a large majority, but lacked any focal point in the final third, hopefully Shamir looks to be the one to fill the void.

Life is a game of fate.

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:32 - Aug 30 with 7340 viewsGhanaDale

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:09 - Aug 30 by olympicdale

Clearly a thread posted in the heat of the moment, I think Bradford may secretly feel they got out of jail a bit, 2-0 flattered them, we were much the better team for a large majority, but lacked any focal point in the final third, hopefully Shamir looks to be the one to fill the void.

Correct, a lesson learned on my behalf, my apologies!

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:56 - Aug 30 with 7207 viewsNinco

I don't necessarily think it was entirely down to our team. As soon as Bradford took the lead, their thinking seemed to be to play negative and time wasting tactics to stop us from getting back in to the game. It didn't help that the referee didn't seem to care about their time wasting. A prime example was when we won a throw in and Parkinson decided to walk away with the ball rather than give it back to us. I didn't see the referee stop his watch or warn the manager. What chance have you got when the referee helps them to waste time?

When you get a team like that who seem perfectly happy to bore both sets of fans to death rather than give them the entertainment that they have paid for, there's not really anything that you can do. To score goals, the game needs to be flowing and in our second half, the ball probably spent more time out of play than it did in play.

Personally, I would rather watch a losing team that plays football than a winning team that stoops to that level. It's bad sportsmanship and is not what the game is about.

Listening to the Bradford fans on the way home made me realise just how arrogant they are. They think they are so much better than everyone else when in reality, they beat a team who have just come up from League 2. They were nothing special and I very much doubt they will go any higher than league 1.

One thing that made the entrance fee worthwhile for me though was seeing a Bradford fan going in to the ground with a really awful mullet. He was about 50 but looked like an older version of Limahl from Kajagoogoo as he did in the eighties. It was so funny to see.
Embarrassingly Bad on 19:00 - Aug 30 with 7187 viewsPassmondsBlue

I agree the second half was painful

We play nice football and pass it around very well but we have a soft centre, both Hery and Allen are great ball players but they need a solid hard ball winner with them. Time and time again this afternoon the midfield was to deep and to far away from the forwards, this means that if a ball is played forward the opposition defence has time to react and in most cases this afternoon step up and play our forwards offside.

We are missing a solid centre half (thought Eastham did very well today as Tanser looks lightweight whilst he is learning his trade), we also need a goal getter and must get rid of GD and stop getting other clubs cast offs that will never make it and a stop gap centre mid whilst Dawson gets fit and Lund returns.

If we don't act now we will be is the sane boat as we were when we had Coleman and Eyre

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 7125 viewsYouTubeDale

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:07 - Aug 30 by isitme

In the first half we played well but with no real end product, apart from Done's header which was disallowed for offside. I thought we wasted a number of breaks due to indecision.

In the second half Bradford were much the better side without creating too much. We had a great opportunity when Done had the ball on the left side of the penalty area and a better cross to Bennett should have been a certain goal.

Again we got caught with two soft goals. The header down found Kennedy with too much time and for the second Hanson won the header against Hanson. As someone near me said all he does is win the ball in the air. Within a team players have roles.

The changes possible could have been made earlier and Fenelon looked a decent player. I thought Tanser had another steady game and Hery looked good at times.

We still need to make the step up in the box, both defensively and offensively. When we do that we will be okay.

When Done crossed to Bennett it seemed that was also the wrong option because Hendo was screaming at Done afterwards saying why didn't he make a simple pass to me and I would have tapped it in !!!

Done is clearly playing off the shoulder but the number of times he was judged offside let our play down badly.
Donnelly's wild shot summed him up.
Hery was a joy to watch and deserved the MOM.
We still don't know how to defend corners by doing a good job on their top players.
JK should also have been marked closer so he couldn't get his shot away.
I will take away lots of hope though - our new signing Shamir looked very interested. That combined with the obvious skill and I think we are on to a winner.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 19:14]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:16 - Aug 30 with 7076 viewsTVOS1907

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:56 - Aug 30 by Ninco

I don't necessarily think it was entirely down to our team. As soon as Bradford took the lead, their thinking seemed to be to play negative and time wasting tactics to stop us from getting back in to the game. It didn't help that the referee didn't seem to care about their time wasting. A prime example was when we won a throw in and Parkinson decided to walk away with the ball rather than give it back to us. I didn't see the referee stop his watch or warn the manager. What chance have you got when the referee helps them to waste time?

When you get a team like that who seem perfectly happy to bore both sets of fans to death rather than give them the entertainment that they have paid for, there's not really anything that you can do. To score goals, the game needs to be flowing and in our second half, the ball probably spent more time out of play than it did in play.

Personally, I would rather watch a losing team that plays football than a winning team that stoops to that level. It's bad sportsmanship and is not what the game is about.

Listening to the Bradford fans on the way home made me realise just how arrogant they are. They think they are so much better than everyone else when in reality, they beat a team who have just come up from League 2. They were nothing special and I very much doubt they will go any higher than league 1.

One thing that made the entrance fee worthwhile for me though was seeing a Bradford fan going in to the ground with a really awful mullet. He was about 50 but looked like an older version of Limahl from Kajagoogoo as he did in the eighties. It was so funny to see.

Was it Gerry Francis?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:24 - Aug 30 with 6990 viewsmacro

Hanson was dominant in the air today, was winning headers and flick ons six yards in front of the centre backs. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly neither Allen or Hery were affective against him.
Embarrassingly Bad on 19:41 - Aug 30 with 6846 viewsSJE_Dale

Embarrassingly Bad on 18:56 - Aug 30 by Ninco

I think the arrogance was displayed even more when Bradford fans started singing that Gary Jones etc had left us because we were sh!t. I'm all for a bit of fans having banter but part of me thinks that they believed in what they were saying and seem to think they are some much bigger than Rochdale (in regards history and finances they are)

But the reality is we're both in the same league and probably still will be next season

As for Rory Mcardle, they can keep him....
Embarrassingly Bad on 19:42 - Aug 30 with 6835 viewsRotherhamDale

Now we've got a proper striker in, it wouldn't be a surprise to see us go back to having 5 in midfield with 1 up top. I'd much prefer that, although i'm glad Hill decided to go 4-4-2 in the recent games. Something needed to be done.

Possession with progression.

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:46 - Aug 30 with 6782 viewsSandyman

Played great til they scored, then we appeared to lose some nerve.

Shamir Fenelon played really well - looks like a fans favourite already - alongside some great individual performances from Hery. Allen, Tanser, Hendo etc etc etc

We'll be ok :)
Embarrassingly Bad on 19:51 - Aug 30 with 6731 viewsnordenblue

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:24 - Aug 30 by macro

Hanson was dominant in the air today, was winning headers and flick ons six yards in front of the centre backs. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly neither Allen or Hery were affective against him.

Said to a friend before the game Hanson will cause us no end of problems such is his ability in the air, I also commented how he was odds on to score too and sadly that proved true . He'd make a massive difference in our team thats for sure
Embarrassingly Bad on 19:54 - Aug 30 with 6709 viewsMancDale

Not embarrassing but certainly frustrating.

Think it was obvious to anyone who has seen Bradford in recent seasons that they have one tactic which is the long diagonal ball up to Hanson. They were never going to beat us with good football but we really didn't cope with the physical battle at all in the 2nd half. I'd hate to watch them every week but they did deserve the 3 points today. Kennedy was very good, much better than he was for us last season. Hanson is such a limited player, not sure if he touched the ball with his feet all game, but his contribution was decisive.

Still think there was a few positives -

- The new guy looked quick, direct and eager to impress. Earlier days but very promising.
- Hery had another good game and deserved MOM.
- Despite the criticism and one poor shot I thought Andrew looked like he could end up being a useful player. Think he's much better with the ball than people give him credit.
- So glad we've moved on from the days of having cloggers like McArdle and Darby in defence. Tanser will turn out to be 10 times better than either of these.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024