Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassingly Bad 16:55 - Aug 30 with 10866 viewsGhanaDale

That really was humiliating. EDIT: Ive calmed down now, wrong word to use)
Nobody looked interested, ALL our players need to get to the gym and man the feck up.
No positives from that sadly!

EDIT: Mostly talking about the 2nd half. We were ok until we conceded the same goal as against Peterborough and Preston.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:58]

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:58 - Aug 30 with 2782 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:41 - Aug 30 by SJE_Dale

I think the arrogance was displayed even more when Bradford fans started singing that Gary Jones etc had left us because we were sh!t. I'm all for a bit of fans having banter but part of me thinks that they believed in what they were saying and seem to think they are some much bigger than Rochdale (in regards history and finances they are)

But the reality is we're both in the same league and probably still will be next season

As for Rory Mcardle, they can keep him....

RAFC would have made a good few quid from that lot today.....credit to them they did turn up in numbers and support their shower.
Embarrassingly Bad on 20:51 - Aug 30 with 2634 viewsdingdangblue

Embarrassingly Bad on 19:54 - Aug 30 by MancDale

Not embarrassing but certainly frustrating.

Think it was obvious to anyone who has seen Bradford in recent seasons that they have one tactic which is the long diagonal ball up to Hanson. They were never going to beat us with good football but we really didn't cope with the physical battle at all in the 2nd half. I'd hate to watch them every week but they did deserve the 3 points today. Kennedy was very good, much better than he was for us last season. Hanson is such a limited player, not sure if he touched the ball with his feet all game, but his contribution was decisive.

Still think there was a few positives -

- The new guy looked quick, direct and eager to impress. Earlier days but very promising.
- Hery had another good game and deserved MOM.
- Despite the criticism and one poor shot I thought Andrew looked like he could end up being a useful player. Think he's much better with the ball than people give him credit.
- So glad we've moved on from the days of having cloggers like McArdle and Darby in defence. Tanser will turn out to be 10 times better than either of these.

When Hanson is that good in the air - who needs feet? I know we don't play direct (Logans long clearances apart) but had he been upfront for us today we would have won. Sadly I feel we could be saying this very often this season about our opponents number 9's. I can't remember a forward bullying our back 4 like that since the likes of Onandi Lowe and Leo Fortune West. We were very good today in the 1st half and deserved Done's header to count but sadly , what looked a marginal decision went against us. After Kennedy's goal and a couple of substitutions the game was over for us today. Still plenty to be positive about and hoping Hilly's September form continues

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Embarrassingly Bad on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 2495 viewsShun

A few people have mentioned this but I'm so so proud of the football we play. It really is so good to watch, even when we lose. Call me stupid but I'd genuinely rather get relegated playing our way than have a mid-table season of Bradford-style long ball.
Embarrassingly Bad on 22:11 - Aug 30 with 2479 viewsstuartcryer

no our problem was when we brought our strike force on

wardle blue

Embarrassingly Bad on 22:31 - Aug 30 with 2419 viewsolympicdale

I think the arrogance was displayed even more when Bradford fans started singing that Gary Jones etc had left us because we were sh!t. I'm all for a bit of fans having banter but part of me thinks that they believed in what they were saying and seem to think they are some much bigger than Rochdale (in regards history and finances they are)

But the reality is we're both in the same league and probably still will be next season

It was disgusting to see the Bradford fans doing a Sheffield Wednesday and ripping the advertising boards off, bunch of billy big balls fans, they always will be, with regards to the chants about Jones/jk etc, horrible chants, showing no respect, classless Yorkshire muppets.

Life is a game of fate.

Embarrassingly Bad on 00:06 - Aug 31 with 2309 viewsSaxonDale

Despite the result today I wouldn't be surprised if we finished ahead of Bradford at the end of the season.
Embarrassingly Bad on 01:40 - Aug 31 with 2235 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 17:47 - Aug 30 by Rooleyblue

The new lad Fenelon looked like a striker who wants to play abit more direct, He had a good first touch and looked like he has a bit of pace.
He could be the piece of the jigsaw that Hilly was missing,
Only time will tell but a promising start from the lad.
Hery was superb first half but second half we were over run in the middle, We could do with Lund back asap.
As for the substitutions, it smacked off desperation, No shape or tactics,
Overall we will play worse than that and win.
42 games to go yet, so no need to panic yet, but it doesn't mean we cant be disappointed.

Play like we did today and we win most weeks in league two, the difference in league one is in the final third and today we got in some great positions and failed with our final ball . Did their keeper have a decent shot to save?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 8:59]
Embarrassingly Bad on 02:12 - Aug 31 with 2228 viewsTalkingSutty

Bradford where right to gloat, we have done it to them plenty of times over the years. They are right to take the piss about us letting Jones join the Bantams also. Some fans agreed it was best that Jones moved on when in reality the guy was class, they ushered him out of the door.

Hillcroft where also wrong in thinking he was only worthy of a one year contract, the player himself proved that. Our first season in league one was brilliant thanks in the main to Gary Jones, we let him go and in a couple of years he becomes a Bradford legend.Some suggest it's because his time at the Dale had expired, that's a convenient excuse because he proved their judgement wrong.

Jones had to contend with Coleman and his mate, can you imagine how demoralising that must have been. The bradford fans can't believe that we sat back and let Jones go. You don't just let club legends leave with a whimper, short memories!!
Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassingly Bad on 02:34 - Aug 31 with 2221 viewsTVOS1907

Embarrassingly Bad on 02:12 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Bradford where right to gloat, we have done it to them plenty of times over the years. They are right to take the piss about us letting Jones join the Bantams also. Some fans agreed it was best that Jones moved on when in reality the guy was class, they ushered him out of the door.

Hillcroft where also wrong in thinking he was only worthy of a one year contract, the player himself proved that. Our first season in league one was brilliant thanks in the main to Gary Jones, we let him go and in a couple of years he becomes a Bradford legend.Some suggest it's because his time at the Dale had expired, that's a convenient excuse because he proved their judgement wrong.

Jones had to contend with Coleman and his mate, can you imagine how demoralising that must have been. The bradford fans can't believe that we sat back and let Jones go. You don't just let club legends leave with a whimper, short memories!!

Burning the midnight oil tonight, TS?

Unfortunately, they showed their lack of knowledge with their Darby and McArdle chants.

You're right about Jones, but it's old news now, alas.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Embarrassingly Bad on 06:16 - Aug 31 with 2187 viewsQuigley_dale

Firstly, Ghana Dale, the only thing that's "embarrassing" is your kneejerk overreaction.

I've only seen us play twice this season, but its clear that we need a holding midfielder. After the first 20 mins our midfield two were completely bossed by an average if not solid looking Bradford.

For me, the boss got it in wrong today,tactically, and especially with the substitutions' ( too late). Allen and Hery are good prospects, but not yet good enough to boss a game in a midfield two at this level.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 6:18]
Embarrassingly Bad on 07:33 - Aug 31 with 2158 viewsfrenzied

My hopes now are no different to what theyll be at the end of the season...i just hope there 4 teams worse than us
Embarrassingly Bad on 08:57 - Aug 31 with 2072 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 02:34 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

Burning the midnight oil tonight, TS?

Unfortunately, they showed their lack of knowledge with their Darby and McArdle chants.

You're right about Jones, but it's old news now, alas.

Yes, just got back from a messy house party and have the mother of all hang overs today.
Four home games and one goal is always going to end badly but we went into the season with no recognised goal scorer anyway so it isn't a surprise.

We are only a centre half and a decent forward away (been saying that since the season started) from being sorted because the rest of the team is functioning well. At some stage Hilly will want to play Dawson and we have Lund to come back but Hery and Allan are the future they played some wonderful fluent football yesterday .

I think the lad from Brighton looks a good signing, fingers crossed he will bag us some goals, looked a handful when he came off the bench yesterday.
Embarrassingly Bad on 09:08 - Aug 31 with 2053 viewselectricblue

"Only a decent centre half away"
Why dont the club spend money for once on a player...
That bit extra does buy quality....
So a cheeky bid(£200k) plus add ons for oconnell......!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Embarrassingly Bad on 09:30 - Aug 31 with 2011 views442Dale

Embarrassingly Bad on 02:12 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

How many times has this been discussed now? Anyway, returning for another repetitive post...

Hill was proven correct in offering him a year. Jones was poor in that season, in fact he was worse under Eyre than Coleman. If anything his displays impacted games more after Coleman took over, albeit still not the Jones of old. That doesn't excuse whatever went on, but this is about his displays on the pitch and both managers left him in the side longer than they should have.

It's also unfair on the other players to say the first season in L1 was brilliant thanks in the main to Jones. He was very good that season but so were O'Grady, Holness, Wiseman and others. As was Hill who found Jones a new position to maximise his value to the team.

When he left it was best for Gary Jones, best for Bradford but not so much for us as we were equally as poor without him until Hill returned. That he turned in the displays for Bradford that he did are to his absolute credit, and he'll probably say it was the best season of his whole career so maybe more proof it was all for the best. Some fans fully expected him to go there and rediscover his best form, especially in a side which was suited to him at that stage of his career.

If there were some Dale fans who ushered him out of the door, it was because they held an opinion based on performances that we needed to move on. There were others who would have been happy for him to remain in a reduced playing role, but would Jones have wanted that? Probably not, so again the move was for the best. What were Dale supposed to have done differently? Coleman was the manager, we had to allow him to manage - even if with hindsight we wouldn't have chosen what happened for the whole period between Hill's two spells.

Really, we've discussed this time and again and no doubt it'll crop up in the future but it won't change anything.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Embarrassingly Bad on 09:35 - Aug 31 with 1991 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 09:30 - Aug 31 by 442Dale

How many times has this been discussed now? Anyway, returning for another repetitive post...

Hill was proven correct in offering him a year. Jones was poor in that season, in fact he was worse under Eyre than Coleman. If anything his displays impacted games more after Coleman took over, albeit still not the Jones of old. That doesn't excuse whatever went on, but this is about his displays on the pitch and both managers left him in the side longer than they should have.

It's also unfair on the other players to say the first season in L1 was brilliant thanks in the main to Jones. He was very good that season but so were O'Grady, Holness, Wiseman and others. As was Hill who found Jones a new position to maximise his value to the team.

When he left it was best for Gary Jones, best for Bradford but not so much for us as we were equally as poor without him until Hill returned. That he turned in the displays for Bradford that he did are to his absolute credit, and he'll probably say it was the best season of his whole career so maybe more proof it was all for the best. Some fans fully expected him to go there and rediscover his best form, especially in a side which was suited to him at that stage of his career.

If there were some Dale fans who ushered him out of the door, it was because they held an opinion based on performances that we needed to move on. There were others who would have been happy for him to remain in a reduced playing role, but would Jones have wanted that? Probably not, so again the move was for the best. What were Dale supposed to have done differently? Coleman was the manager, we had to allow him to manage - even if with hindsight we wouldn't have chosen what happened for the whole period between Hill's two spells.

Really, we've discussed this time and again and no doubt it'll crop up in the future but it won't change anything.

Just reacting to a post about the Bradford fans gloating regarding them signing our club legend,others brought the subject up.....honest.

Bloody hell you comment about the subject being brought up again and then post war on peace on the subject, I think you want him Back secretly. Being serious I can never ever remember us letting a player of Jones quality leave the club because it might benefit HIS career. He had a drop in form when being managed by Coleman, that was hardly a surprise. He stood up to Coleman and Bell and was made the scapegoat and Bradford reaped the rewards, there fans where right to gloat.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 9:42]
Embarrassingly Bad on 09:40 - Aug 31 with 1903 views442Dale

Embarrassingly Bad on 09:35 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Just reacting to a post about the Bradford fans gloating regarding them signing our club legend,others brought the subject up.....honest.

Bloody hell you comment about the subject being brought up again and then post war on peace on the subject, I think you want him Back secretly. Being serious I can never ever remember us letting a player of Jones quality leave the club because it might benefit HIS career. He had a drop in form when being managed by Coleman, that was hardly a surprise. He stood up to Coleman and Bell and was made the scapegoat and Bradford reaped the rewards, there fans where right to gloat.

They can gloat away. They also had to watch Mark Leonard for longer than we did.

Embarrassingly Bad on 09:44 - Aug 31 with 1895 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 09:40 - Aug 31 by 442Dale

They can gloat away. They also had to watch Mark Leonard for longer than we did.

I'll give you that one.
Embarrassingly Bad on 10:24 - Aug 31 with 1812 views442Dale

Embarrassingly Bad on 09:35 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

I'm nothing if not contradictory!

His drop in form began well before Coleman arrived. As noted, it actually improved after the change in manager for a while.

Embarrassingly Bad on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 1750 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 10:24 - Aug 31 by 442Dale

I'm nothing if not contradictory!

His drop in form began well before Coleman arrived. As noted, it actually improved after the change in manager for a while.

His form did drop but in Donnelly we have a player that has never shown any form of note since we signed him and he isn't shipped out. All players suffer loss of form from time to time and has I stated before I think Jones suffered because he was trying to put out fires all over the pitch due to the nature of the team and the manager in charge. Jones proved to everybody how good he was at league one level so to let him leave because his form dipped and suggest he was over the hill was wrong but that's just my opinion.

Anyway I am more than happy with our midfield at present, I just hope Hery is allowed and encouraged to carry on making his darting attacking surges and it doesn't get coached out of him in order to make him more disciplined. I happen to think he could make a very good winger.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 10:54]
Embarrassingly Bad on 11:03 - Aug 31 with 1722 viewsColDale

Nowt humiliating or embarrassing about yesterday. We are a division higher and it's not a walk in the park.

If I could change anything, it would be a dominant centre half who would be an attacking threat from corners. I know Lanky is out injured but a corner never feels a threat and such a player would free up the others.

Chesterfield aside, we've played really well in every game. Problems come when we go behind. In the same we had Cav in front of the defence last year, when we are trailing, we are easy to defend against.

Positives? New lad looked good.

Negatives? I thought McCardle was Motm.

Jason Kennedy's goals scoring record against us is outstanding.
Embarrassingly Bad on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 1708 viewsmacro

I think the adding of 3 forwards hindered us yesterday, we lost shape and rhythm. At present I'd say we need a plan b because ours isn't working at the mo
Embarrassingly Bad on 11:24 - Aug 31 with 1690 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 11:03 - Aug 31 by ColDale

Nowt humiliating or embarrassing about yesterday. We are a division higher and it's not a walk in the park.

If I could change anything, it would be a dominant centre half who would be an attacking threat from corners. I know Lanky is out injured but a corner never feels a threat and such a player would free up the others.

Chesterfield aside, we've played really well in every game. Problems come when we go behind. In the same we had Cav in front of the defence last year, when we are trailing, we are easy to defend against.

Positives? New lad looked good.

Negatives? I thought McCardle was Motm.

Jason Kennedy's goals scoring record against us is outstanding.

Chesterfield aside we have played some good football and yesterday was no exception. If you have a goalscoring threat you can play pretty average and you still have the feeling that you will grab a goal, that's what Bradford did.
Embarrassingly Bad on 07:30 - Sep 1 with 1347 viewsaleanddale

The new kid Shamir has to start on Saturday for me. He did enough i recon v Bradford to warrant a place v Crawley.

If the O Connell rumour is true then i recon we are almost there. Get the square pegs in square holes and we will have cracked it.

Some tough selection headaches for Hilly this week but getting a dominant centre half in and getting Dawson fit ASAP would see us rising the league 1 table i am sure.

Until then and unless we recruit this week V Crawley please >>>> 3-5-2 / 5-3-2

Logan

Tanser Eastham Kennedy

Bennett Hery Allen Henderson Done

Fenelon Donnelly ( after a rocket up his Arse and after training shooting practice all week!!!!!!!!!!! ).

For me that just gives us some balance and players playing in there best / most natural positions.
Embarrassingly Bad on 08:09 - Sep 1 with 1327 viewsTalkingSutty

Embarrassingly Bad on 07:30 - Sep 1 by aleanddale

The new kid Shamir has to start on Saturday for me. He did enough i recon v Bradford to warrant a place v Crawley.

If the O Connell rumour is true then i recon we are almost there. Get the square pegs in square holes and we will have cracked it.

Some tough selection headaches for Hilly this week but getting a dominant centre half in and getting Dawson fit ASAP would see us rising the league 1 table i am sure.

Until then and unless we recruit this week V Crawley please >>>> 3-5-2 / 5-3-2

Logan

Tanser Eastham Kennedy

Bennett Hery Allen Henderson Done

Fenelon Donnelly ( after a rocket up his Arse and after training shooting practice all week!!!!!!!!!!! ).

For me that just gives us some balance and players playing in there best / most natural positions.

Put a rocket up Donnellys arse and the ball would end up on Owd Betts. He can kick it a long way can Donnelly.
Embarrassingly Bad on 13:05 - Sep 1 with 1213 viewsaleanddale

Embarrassingly Bad on 08:09 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Put a rocket up Donnellys arse and the ball would end up on Owd Betts. He can kick it a long way can Donnelly.

Toss up for me Bennett or Vincenti in my line up.

Reece better defensively i recon hence the nod from me ( obviously doent matter a jot what i think )

Peter to come on and run riot when we are 3-0 up!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024