Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Worn Drum 17:08 - Aug 30 with 1884 viewsThacks_Rabbits

May well be beating it but its pretty clear where issues are!!!

Hill has brought in Andrew - but plays P.V. as a striker before him (according to sky line ups) so he is either unfit or not good enough - yet he is here on a 2 year contract having been released by a club a league below us.

Muldoon is injured which is clearly not K.H.'s fault - but he took a pay cut from being a plasterer so is hardly classed as a big money signing.

G.D. is not good enough for L2 but we are seemingly stuck with him.

We have over a Million from last months transfers and add ons and yet we as a club are not signing players for a fee that can score goals. We must be in a better financial position than we were when Parkin was allowed £150,000 for Connor and 100k for Platt. Christ even Sutton was given 80k for Flounders.

This is not a criticism of K.H. as I am sure he does have things in the pipeline but Andrew is begining to look like a mistake if Hilly cannot trust him. Players like Danny Rose, Nile Ranger (not that I would really want him) even Cureton would do better than our current strike force - Henderson apart.

Not advocating spending money for no good reason but when was the last time as a club we signed anyone for a fee that made a statement of intent - sadly I think it was Paul Conner!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Well Worn Drum on 17:19 - Aug 30 with 1803 viewsDaleFan7

O'Grady cost £100k. But we do need something, Donnelly and Andrew wastes of wages.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:19]
Well Worn Drum on 17:22 - Aug 30 with 1785 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Thought O'Grady was 40 or 60k?

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Well Worn Drum on 17:27 - Aug 30 with 1751 views442Dale

No interest whatsoever in paying fees for players, more ensuring we just get the right players. Its also a case of decision making on the day with what we've got. Fenelon showed some promise when he came on in very difficult circumstances, so let's see how that turns out first. Vincenti didn't play up front, Sky often get it wrong.

Centre half would be the only position we need to strengthen now and then look at getting players out on loan if possible. Namely McGinty and Donnelly to maximise the potential of younger players in their positions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well Worn Drum on 17:29 - Aug 30 with 1739 viewsD_Alien

Well Worn Drum on 17:22 - Aug 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Thought O'Grady was 40 or 60k?

£95k

Too soon to write off Andrew.

Fenelon looked decent when he came on, and linked well with Hery - expect him to start the next game.

Game turned on the offside for Done's header. Looked good to me but replays will show one way or the other. We were on top at that stage, so no need for any hand wringing on here. Bradford deserved their victory in the end - just had an extra 5-10% in the second half.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well Worn Drum on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 1667 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Agree to a point 442 but looking at starting line up if P.V. was not up front Hendo was playing as a lone striker - assuming done was supporting but as exiled don't know.

With regard to loaning players out - G.D. is apparently on very good money so if we can get 50% of his wages and ship him out great but the other name you mention we have just signed, which like Andrew is worrying as it almost seems that the board are relying on finding another COG from a lower league player - admittedly something K.H. is very good at.

Regarding fees for players it does show intent and also when you consider contract, signing and wages as Sutton said "there is no such thing as a free transfer" - paying £150k for a player is not necessarily massive in greater scheme of things. I am sure that George and Andrew will be taking 150k a year plus between them.

I hope we have an option on Fenelon to buy if we wish but also think a proven goal scorer is very much needed. We are so short on options for game changing players that G.D. comes on and we know he is not the answer to needing a goal.

Hopefully Keith will have plans and will get the players needed but we do need a goalscorer now, not 1 that will get us goals next season in league 2!!!

Well Worn Drum on 17:42 - Aug 30 with 1640 viewsrichfoad32

On the subject of O'Grady, he didn't even make the bench for Brighton today and has slipped well down the pecking order since they signed Sam Baldock. Their fans view him much in the same way we do Andrew, as a last minute desperate signing simply to get a body in.

He cost them £500k and I suppose they'd be looking to recoup a large chunk of that if they did let him go, but maybe a cheeky loan move to follow in Fenelon's footsteps.....? :)
Well Worn Drum on 17:48 - Aug 30 with 1603 views442Dale

Well Worn Drum on 17:40 - Aug 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Agree to a point 442 but looking at starting line up if P.V. was not up front Hendo was playing as a lone striker - assuming done was supporting but as exiled don't know.

With regard to loaning players out - G.D. is apparently on very good money so if we can get 50% of his wages and ship him out great but the other name you mention we have just signed, which like Andrew is worrying as it almost seems that the board are relying on finding another COG from a lower league player - admittedly something K.H. is very good at.

Regarding fees for players it does show intent and also when you consider contract, signing and wages as Sutton said "there is no such thing as a free transfer" - paying £150k for a player is not necessarily massive in greater scheme of things. I am sure that George and Andrew will be taking 150k a year plus between them.

I hope we have an option on Fenelon to buy if we wish but also think a proven goal scorer is very much needed. We are so short on options for game changing players that G.D. comes on and we know he is not the answer to needing a goal.

Hopefully Keith will have plans and will get the players needed but we do need a goalscorer now, not 1 that will get us goals next season in league 2!!!

It was Done and Hendo up front together as it has been for last couple of games.

Would much have preferred Camps or Bunney come on ahead of someone like Donnelly, the latter wasn't even on the bench though. It's not a campaign against Donnelly or anyone else, but recognising that they might be holding up the progress of young players who can do equally as well, so let them go somewhere else and play if necessary. As McGinty hasn't even featured yet, it's already obvious that a move might benefit him so get it sorted.

This next couple of weeks is about the often mentioned shape-shifting. Let's establish who we need for the next couple of months and shift out others, even if it's temporarily.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well Worn Drum on 09:24 - Aug 31 with 1204 viewsTalkingSutty

We paid good brass for Donnelly
Login to get fewer ads

Well Worn Drum on 15:05 - Aug 31 with 1041 viewselectricblue

Making a cheeky cash offer for oconnell would be a priority over a striker....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024