Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford away following. 12:59 - Aug 31 with 4366 viewsTalkingSutty

Was disappointed with the Bradford numbers yesterday, when you think they average gates not far off 12000 at home and they couldn't fill our away stand. I think they had about 2,200 fans at the game which represents about 15% of their fan base for a game which lets face it is only over the hill.

Its like us taking about 450 for a league game at Bradford, we normally double that. I wonder why some clubs with a big fan base dont have bigger numbers percentage wise when travelling away unless restricted by the home club.I Expected to see their stand full yesterday. Numbers wise our attendances at home are shocking so its not having a dig, just an observation.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 13:01]
Bradford away following. on 13:00 - Aug 31 with 2899 viewsolympicdale

are we sure it wasn't 50,000 and we just added it up wrong, massive club an all.

Life is a game of fate.

Bradford away following. on 13:07 - Aug 31 with 2856 views442Dale

2333 I think was the figure. But yeah, we're better when it comes to % of fans travelling away...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bradford away following. on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 2853 viewsSuddenLad

They had a home match midweek against Leeds, so no doubt finances had a bearing on the away attendance as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bradford away following. on 13:37 - Aug 31 with 2753 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bradford away following. on 13:10 - Aug 31 by SuddenLad

They had a home match midweek against Leeds, so no doubt finances had a bearing on the away attendance as well.

'............and making it All Ticket for them meant they had to make more effort.
Bradford away following. on 13:42 - Aug 31 with 2743 viewsTVOS1907

Their 12,000 crowds are inflated by cheap season tickets, so it's a bit of a misleading figure.

In 2006/07, which is before they started this initiative, their first two home crowds of the season were 7356 and 7807 and that was at League One level.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bradford away following. on 15:31 - Aug 31 with 2499 viewsBCAFC

If I was you I would be more concerned about why an away team is out numbering the home team fans.
I think any league one team taking over 2k away fans to a league game is decent especially at this stage of the season (it's not like it was a title, promotion, relegation or play off decider at the business end) & you should be happy to get a few extra £20's & see a crowd of more than 3k.
Also the fact that we will have played a couple of massive teams compared to Rochdale within a week of yesterday's fixture in Oldham & Yeovil, I guess some will have seen them as more of a priority.
Anyway good luck for the rest of the season & keep up the good work in producing them bradford legends of the future.
Bradford away following. on 15:36 - Aug 31 with 2476 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bradford away following. on 15:31 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

If I was you I would be more concerned about why an away team is out numbering the home team fans.
I think any league one team taking over 2k away fans to a league game is decent especially at this stage of the season (it's not like it was a title, promotion, relegation or play off decider at the business end) & you should be happy to get a few extra £20's & see a crowd of more than 3k.
Also the fact that we will have played a couple of massive teams compared to Rochdale within a week of yesterday's fixture in Oldham & Yeovil, I guess some will have seen them as more of a priority.
Anyway good luck for the rest of the season & keep up the good work in producing them bradford legends of the future.

.........Like Leeds outnumbered you lot midweek!
Bradford away following. on 15:38 - Aug 31 with 2470 viewsBCAFC

We have about 9k season ticket holders so we get an extra 4-5k on top most weeks, last season we had 3 league crowds of around 18k.
Some of you lot seem quite bitter about bradford & not just in this thread, why is that?
Login to get fewer ads

Bradford away following. on 15:39 - Aug 31 with 2462 views442Dale

Yeah, we appreciate you all for coming. Thanks. We're more than happy to admit we should be getting more fans and doing more to get them to come along as well.

And we also have no issue with losing such megastars to you either. See, we really do sing from the same hymn sheet*

* we issue a greater percentage of hymn sheets when we travel away.

Bradford away following. on 15:40 - Aug 31 with 2459 viewsBCAFC

@yorkshire_dale
Oh absolutely, their 3600 fans that night was a much larger number than our 15,000+ fans.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 15:52]
Bradford away following. on 15:41 - Aug 31 with 2451 viewsleonardrafc

Massive? Oldham? What?
Bradford away following. on 15:42 - Aug 31 with 2444 views442Dale

Bradford away following. on 15:38 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

We have about 9k season ticket holders so we get an extra 4-5k on top most weeks, last season we had 3 league crowds of around 18k.
Some of you lot seem quite bitter about bradford & not just in this thread, why is that?

We're not. Mainly because you provide opportunities for our former players (the ones that don't go on to play at the top level)

Keep up the good work.

Bradford away following. on 15:49 - Aug 31 with 2412 viewsBCAFC

I know all about Rochdale when they travel away, I still have nightmares about 29th December 2012.
In over 30 years of watching city never (that I can remember) have I ever seen a team rip us apart so easy like Rochdale did that day & our 2 penalties flattered us, hot knife through butter would be a very apt description for what I saw that day.
As for the followings, you are stuck smack bank in a competitive catchment area with some of the world biggest clubs on your door step so I'm not trying to belittle you but it is a bit of an own goal from the topic starter to say he is disappointed at the number of away fans especially when they outnumber your own.
Bradford away following. on 15:51 - Aug 31 with 2397 views442Dale

Bradford away following. on 15:49 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

I know all about Rochdale when they travel away, I still have nightmares about 29th December 2012.
In over 30 years of watching city never (that I can remember) have I ever seen a team rip us apart so easy like Rochdale did that day & our 2 penalties flattered us, hot knife through butter would be a very apt description for what I saw that day.
As for the followings, you are stuck smack bank in a competitive catchment area with some of the world biggest clubs on your door step so I'm not trying to belittle you but it is a bit of an own goal from the topic starter to say he is disappointed at the number of away fans especially when they outnumber your own.

We were better three years before!

Bradford away following. on 15:56 - Aug 31 with 2352 viewsTVOS1907

Except they didn't outnumber us! You do the Math, unless you're that firthy clown off TFF.

And TS has mentioned our low crowds, if you'd read his OP properly.

We know our place in the game; it's others with delusions of grandeur.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 20:36]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bradford away following. on 16:07 - Aug 31 with 2305 viewsboffley

Bradford away following. on 15:56 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

Except they didn't outnumber us! You do the Math, unless you're that firthy clown off TFF.

And TS has mentioned our low crowds, if you'd read his OP properly.

We know our place in the game; it's others with delusions of grandeur.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 20:36]

" it is a bit of an own goal from the topic starter to say he is disappointed at the number of away fans especially when they outnumber your own."

Total attendance 4758.---- Away attendance 2333. I make that 2425 home fans in attendance. Whose own goal?

Sorry TVOS this was in response to the Bradford poster.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 16:09]
Bradford away following. on 16:09 - Aug 31 with 2300 viewsDalenet

We know the issues with our crowds. Or lack of them. And Yes it is in part because we are in a catchment area with lots of successful clubs. I have been surprised how an area the size of Yorkshire hasn't been able to produce any successful teams for such a long while

I think our disappointment with your following is the constant wind-ups season after season when we play you that we fiddle the attendance record. So much so that this game was made all ticket for you so that your club could count how many seats had been sold!!!! Yet surprisingly you sold so few whilst in the past your fans claimed that you brought 4000 at least. So Yes there is some bitterness given the accusations year after year
Bradford away following. on 16:14 - Aug 31 with 2272 viewsTalkingSutty

Bradford away following. on 16:09 - Aug 31 by Dalenet

We know the issues with our crowds. Or lack of them. And Yes it is in part because we are in a catchment area with lots of successful clubs. I have been surprised how an area the size of Yorkshire hasn't been able to produce any successful teams for such a long while

I think our disappointment with your following is the constant wind-ups season after season when we play you that we fiddle the attendance record. So much so that this game was made all ticket for you so that your club could count how many seats had been sold!!!! Yet surprisingly you sold so few whilst in the past your fans claimed that you brought 4000 at least. So Yes there is some bitterness given the accusations year after year

That's what I am getting at with this thread. We played them a few years ago on a Tuesday evening when they claimed that there was 3500 Bantams in the away end. Fast forward into a higher division when the game takes place on a Saturday afternoon and they have over a thousand fans missing,I can't fathom it out!!
Bradford away following. on 17:36 - Aug 31 with 2047 viewsBCAFC

Bradford away following. on 16:07 - Aug 31 by boffley

" it is a bit of an own goal from the topic starter to say he is disappointed at the number of away fans especially when they outnumber your own."

Total attendance 4758.---- Away attendance 2333. I make that 2425 home fans in attendance. Whose own goal?

Sorry TVOS this was in response to the Bradford poster.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 16:09]

I was taking the piss by suggesting we had more fans there than you did but if the figures you presented are accurate then I wouldn't be boasting about the fact the home team had 92 more fans than the away team in a league game, that really is embarrassing for you & certainly not something you should be proud of.

Oh & for the record it wasn't all ticket for us, there was a cash gate open.
Bradford away following. on 17:41 - Aug 31 with 2028 viewsBCAFC

Bradford away following. on 16:09 - Aug 31 by Dalenet

There has been a successful team from Yorkshire recently, it got to a major cup final & won promotion within a 3 month period less than 18 months ago.
Bradford away following. on 17:52 - Aug 31 with 1994 viewsjokerthief

keyboard warrior...these people this country.........
Bradford away following. on 17:53 - Aug 31 with 1990 viewsTalkingSutty

Bradford away following. on 17:41 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

There has been a successful team from Yorkshire recently, it got to a major cup final & won promotion within a 3 month period less than 18 months ago.

Due in no small measure to your influx of ex Dale players. It should be viewed as a joint success really.We even let you have our club captain and legend Gary Jones to finally lift you out of the doldrums, show us a bit more respect!!
Bradford away following. on 18:16 - Aug 31 with 1916 viewsBCAFC

Bradford away following. on 17:53 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Due in no small measure to your influx of ex Dale players. It should be viewed as a joint success really.We even let you have our club captain and legend Gary Jones to finally lift you out of the doldrums, show us a bit more respect!!

Can't argue with any of that & just like we equally shared your attendance we should share the success together of being the only 4th division team to reach a major cup final.

Yes I know...
Bradford away following. on 19:36 - Aug 31 with 1761 viewsTalkingSutty

Bradford away following. on 18:16 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

Can't argue with any of that & just like we equally shared your attendance we should share the success together of being the only 4th division team to reach a major cup final.

Yes I know...

Agreed, now bugger off back over th'hill.
Bradford away following. on 20:06 - Aug 31 with 1706 viewsBCAFC

Bradford away following. on 19:36 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Agreed, now bugger off back over th'hill.

Ok I will do, I'll see/speak to you on 10th January.
I'll take this opportunity now to say
Merry Christmas & happy new year
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024