Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford away following. 12:59 - Aug 31 with 4369 viewsTalkingSutty

Was disappointed with the Bradford numbers yesterday, when you think they average gates not far off 12000 at home and they couldn't fill our away stand. I think they had about 2,200 fans at the game which represents about 15% of their fan base for a game which lets face it is only over the hill.

Its like us taking about 450 for a league game at Bradford, we normally double that. I wonder why some clubs with a big fan base dont have bigger numbers percentage wise when travelling away unless restricted by the home club.I Expected to see their stand full yesterday. Numbers wise our attendances at home are shocking so its not having a dig, just an observation.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 13:01]
Bradford away following. on 20:38 - Aug 31 with 1442 viewsTVOS1907

Bradford away following. on 17:36 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

I was taking the piss by suggesting we had more fans there than you did but if the figures you presented are accurate then I wouldn't be boasting about the fact the home team had 92 more fans than the away team in a league game, that really is embarrassing for you & certainly not something you should be proud of.

Oh & for the record it wasn't all ticket for us, there was a cash gate open.

It was all-ticket until the day before, which Bantams wouldn't have known until, erm, the day before!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bradford away following. on 20:40 - Aug 31 with 1430 viewsTVOS1907

Bradford away following. on 15:31 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

If I was you I would be more concerned about why an away team is out numbering the home team fans.
I think any league one team taking over 2k away fans to a league game is decent especially at this stage of the season (it's not like it was a title, promotion, relegation or play off decider at the business end) & you should be happy to get a few extra £20's & see a crowd of more than 3k.
Also the fact that we will have played a couple of massive teams compared to Rochdale within a week of yesterday's fixture in Oldham & Yeovil, I guess some will have seen them as more of a priority.
Anyway good luck for the rest of the season & keep up the good work in producing them bradford legends of the future.

Like Stephen Darby, who was on loan with us from Liverpool?

Or Rory McArdle, who joined you from Aberdeen?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bradford away following. on 07:15 - Sep 1 with 1263 viewsaleanddale

I too thought Bradford would bring more but I can see just a few days after Leeds why that had an impact. If you were a bantam and could go to one or t'other i suspect we lost out to Leeds on this occassion.

The club made £50 000 or so from the 2200 who did travel so for that we should be happy i suppose. Better that than 80-100 from Dagenham or Newport.

To the Bradford fans as put previous we really do know our punching weight and we are currently well above ours.

Ref Dale legend Gary Jones. Just compare appearances and goals for the 2 clubs and the debate ends there.

Good luck to Bradford for the season we need to get our own house in order on and off the pitch starting this Saturday at Crawley.
Bradford away following. on 13:13 - Sep 1 with 1154 viewsBrighouseDale

Bradford away following. on 17:36 - Aug 31 by BCAFC

I was taking the piss by suggesting we had more fans there than you did but if the figures you presented are accurate then I wouldn't be boasting about the fact the home team had 92 more fans than the away team in a league game, that really is embarrassing for you & certainly not something you should be proud of.

Oh & for the record it wasn't all ticket for us, there was a cash gate open.

It isn't embarrassing for us though, because we're not 12 year olds and we don't masturbate over attendance figures.

Some clubs have bigger crowds than others, I'd say most of us are fine with that. I certainly don't lose any sleep over it.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Bradford away following. on 18:24 - Sep 1 with 1080 viewsnordenblue

Bradford away following. on 13:13 - Sep 1 by BrighouseDale

It isn't embarrassing for us though, because we're not 12 year olds and we don't masturbate over attendance figures.

Some clubs have bigger crowds than others, I'd say most of us are fine with that. I certainly don't lose any sleep over it.

And some teams considering their crowds are annual underachievers and some continue to punch above their weight, i know where id rather be
Bradford away following. on 09:24 - Sep 3 with 953 viewsParkinsGimp

I thought they had a decent following considering they smacked dirty Leeds in midweek , so would be tight on funds, and they also got behind their team and created a good atmosphere. Fair do's to them. Plus I didnt see any bother which is good for a change.
As for our attendance it was poor again.
Dont know whats wrong with this town.
Well I do but I wont go there LOL
Bradford away following. on 07:52 - Sep 4 with 824 viewsaleanddale

Bradford away following. on 09:24 - Sep 3 by ParkinsGimp

I thought they had a decent following considering they smacked dirty Leeds in midweek , so would be tight on funds, and they also got behind their team and created a good atmosphere. Fair do's to them. Plus I didnt see any bother which is good for a change.
As for our attendance it was poor again.
Dont know whats wrong with this town.
Well I do but I wont go there LOL

Agreed the sun is shining financially its time to fix the roof.

less than 2500 home fans AGAIN!!

The club and its marketing people need to get into overdrive now with some creative thinking.

If we could even get to 3000 home fans it would be a fantastic improvement on what we currently have.
Bradford away following. (n/t) on 10:12 - Sep 4 with 765 viewsdingdangblue

Bradford away following. on 07:52 - Sep 4 by aleanddale

The club and its marketing people need to get into overdrive now with some creative thinking.

If we could even get to 3000 home fans it would be a fantastic improvement on what we currently have.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Bradford away following. on 10:18 - Sep 4 with 757 viewsdingdangblue

Bradford away following. on 07:52 - Sep 4 by aleanddale

4 home games, 1 goal, 0 wins is the worst marketing strategy we could have hoped for. As much as we would all love the home ends full and buzzing its never going to happen in this town. Its sad because Hilly and his terrific players deserve better - last season especially.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bradford away following. on 11:14 - Sep 4 with 711 viewsaleanddale

Bradford away following. on 10:18 - Sep 4 by dingdangblue

4 home games, 1 goal, 0 wins is the worst marketing strategy we could have hoped for. As much as we would all love the home ends full and buzzing its never going to happen in this town. Its sad because Hilly and his terrific players deserve better - last season especially.

Its a good point DDB!!

1 goal!! Booo that wonder save from Frankie fingers!!

Apathetic town all hard up on cash.... but the club cannot give in and need to keep going however bleak it looks..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024