Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where it went wrong 18:49 - Aug 31 with 2871 viewsRoChDaLe

1)In the first half Felipe Morais made no attempt to track back and get stuck in and tackle Bastien Hery. Second half Morais went off and Clarke came on and clearly under strict instruction to get tight to Hery and this meant the team as a whole were much less efficient.
2)Logan is rushing his distribution, and although many will argue that this is to encourage counter attacks with Hendo and Done upfront, yesterday all it actually did was help Bradfords centre half win the ball in the air and gain possession again.
3)Its clear hill likes to have a tall winger on the pitch, but for me I don't agree with Bennett out wide, We already have Vincenti on the wing to win headers from goalkicks so he's not really needed purely for his height. I'd rather see Done outwide with Fenelon starting alongside Henderson upfront.
4)My last point is just stating the obvious but Donnelly genuinely is a miracle worker, Can't hit a barn door but earning a decent wage at a League One club.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Where it went wrong on 19:36 - Aug 31 with 2777 viewsboromat

I'm not sure you're looking at the whole picture. For example the tall wingers are in the team to make up for the lack of height up front and are supposed to help with those long balls from Logan on the counter. There have been comments elsewhere about Hery and Allen not being good enough as a two but that is one of the compromises Hill has taken by playing this system and playing two strikers that stay up top, this is also the reason Allen and Hery are playing so deep. All of these aspects are part of the system that has worked well in recent games but as Hill stated after the Crewe game it won't always work. We weren't far off on Saturday and I'm sure we'll improve as the season goes on. Be interesting to see if Hill changes it next game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Where it went wrong on 20:31 - Aug 31 with 2669 viewsTVOS1907

Surely Logan is distributing to orders?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Where it went wrong on 23:36 - Aug 31 with 2472 viewsRoChDaLe

Where it went wrong on 19:36 - Aug 31 by boromat

I'm not sure you're looking at the whole picture. For example the tall wingers are in the team to make up for the lack of height up front and are supposed to help with those long balls from Logan on the counter. There have been comments elsewhere about Hery and Allen not being good enough as a two but that is one of the compromises Hill has taken by playing this system and playing two strikers that stay up top, this is also the reason Allen and Hery are playing so deep. All of these aspects are part of the system that has worked well in recent games but as Hill stated after the Crewe game it won't always work. We weren't far off on Saturday and I'm sure we'll improve as the season goes on. Be interesting to see if Hill changes it next game.

All i'm trying to say is i dont think we need two tall fellas in the team, I think one would be better so we get the advantage of being able to go long ball but also a different dimension of someone like matt done outwide who can run in behind. Hery and Allen are a great partnership but what ruined it was how in the second half they marked Hery out of the game.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Where it went wrong on 01:32 - Sep 1 with 2406 viewsJorDale

Absolutely agree with 1,3,4!
Also a special mention to Billy Knott who had an outstanding game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024