Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly to Tranmere 15:41 - Sep 1 with 15020 viewsdale4ever

I'm lead to believe...
Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:45 - Sep 1 with 2323 viewsTalkingSutty

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:16 - Sep 1 by pnc4eva1

I personally will miss George. His orbit shot on Saturday lifted the mood in the sandy no end. His inept performances also will be missed on the message board.

Good luck George, always gave 100% which is more than quite a few previous Dale players have done in the past. We had a centre half called Sharp a few years ago and he couldn't half leather the ball a long way but I think Donnelly beat him for actually how high it went into the sky,it's a wonder he didn't pop it.....gonna miss George!!
Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:47 - Sep 1 with 2304 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Selection of Messages from Tranmere Fansite

Obviously don't expect anyone decent but this lad sounds s***e if true!
Rather save the 20k! They have already had us off with the Joe Thompson deal.

hahaha, I've never been more devastated

Ryan Lowe didn't earn a reputation as a goalscorer until he was in his 30s, his goal ratio before then was similar to Donellys.

In fairness looks like we have transferred the number of posts on G.D. along with him as there is already a lot of pro/anti George posts on there :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:48 - Sep 1 with 2295 viewsfermin

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:39 - Sep 1 by 442Dale

The reaction on twitter is spectacular entertainment.

The speculation when Tranmere announced they had agreed a fee for a striker led to all sorts of speculation from their fans, Chris Dagnall got a mention.

Then after the deal was done, one bloke replied to the Rovers tweet announcing the signing with three simple letters:

FFS

Bit like the reaction when we signed Calvin Andrew . . .
Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:52 - Sep 1 with 2235 viewsboromat

Give it a couple of weeks he'll be a fans favourite!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:52 - Sep 1 with 2229 viewsR17ALE

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:47 - Sep 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

Selection of Messages from Tranmere Fansite

Obviously don't expect anyone decent but this lad sounds s***e if true!
Rather save the 20k! They have already had us off with the Joe Thompson deal.

hahaha, I've never been more devastated

Ryan Lowe didn't earn a reputation as a goalscorer until he was in his 30s, his goal ratio before then was similar to Donellys.

In fairness looks like we have transferred the number of posts on G.D. along with him as there is already a lot of pro/anti George posts on there :)

I think we've unearthed a new coded Dalespeak here.

If a Dale fan doesn't like a particular player all they now have to say is, "I'd better ring the Tranmere manager tomorrow!"

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:54 - Sep 1 with 2196 viewsColDale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:52 - Sep 1 by R17ALE

I think we've unearthed a new coded Dalespeak here.

If a Dale fan doesn't like a particular player all they now have to say is, "I'd better ring the Tranmere manager tomorrow!"

Very good. Can see it catching on
Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:55 - Sep 1 with 2187 views442Dale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:52 - Sep 1 by boromat

Give it a couple of weeks he'll be a fans favourite!

Every other fan in L2 again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Donnelly to Tranmere on 18:55 - Sep 1 with 2189 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Hallelujah!!!

Unbelievable bit of business.

(Jury still very much out on Andrew)
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:07 - Sep 1 with 2114 viewsBartRowou

Off their board:

He's a player who has scored a lot at non-league level, which is the sort of player many fans say we should be signing. He's had a few football league clubs by the look of it without it ever really working out, having a similar strike-rate to what Rickie Lambert had in his early career.

It looks like it's a signing of a player with potential to make his mark and move to a higher level. Hopefully those fans who want us to sign a prolific non-league striker will be happy. Hopefully, he'll show the promise that Edwards has seen in him and, if he's been tracking him for a while, then hopefully he already has ideas for why his strike rate hasn't reached it's potential yet.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:13 - Sep 1 with 2052 views442Dale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:07 - Sep 1 by BartRowou

Off their board:

He's a player who has scored a lot at non-league level, which is the sort of player many fans say we should be signing. He's had a few football league clubs by the look of it without it ever really working out, having a similar strike-rate to what Rickie Lambert had in his early career.

It looks like it's a signing of a player with potential to make his mark and move to a higher level. Hopefully those fans who want us to sign a prolific non-league striker will be happy. Hopefully, he'll show the promise that Edwards has seen in him and, if he's been tracking him for a while, then hopefully he already has ideas for why his strike rate hasn't reached it's potential yet.

Yeah, because Edwards will have more ideas than Hill on how to produce a striker.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:22 - Sep 1 with 1982 views442Dale

Tranmere's new chairman Mark Palios has just started a Q&A this evening, coverage on their twitter:

“@tranmererovers: MP: "The best thing about the club is the goodwill it has in the community."”

Just wait 'til balls start landing in gardens.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:38 - Sep 1 with 1884 viewsfinberty

Thanks for your efforts George. Good luck. Don't even think of scoring against Dale....ever.

I will miss his work-rate and pace. I won't miss his misses.

And I've never even seen his missus.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:40 - Sep 1 with 1878 views49thseason

Next time I shake hands with Hilly I will check I still have 4 fingers and a thumb.
GD was great for laugh but to attempt to describe him as a professional footballer does a gross injustice to millions of lads who turn out in their local parks. Elementary football skills should include trapping a ball, kicking a ball and heading a ball, sadly GD possesses none of these traits. Scoring a goal because it hit your a*se and went in is hardly a saleable skill.

If the rumoured £20K fee is correct I hope whoever negotiated it gets at least £19K in commission.

Goodbye George I will always remember the immortal words of Razzle when I think of you " He runs about like p*ssing through an erection" (or words to that effect- sorry Raz).
Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:41 - Sep 1 with 1870 viewschuckleberry

Persuading another club to shell out money* for Donnelly is surely the shrewdest piece of business undertaken, not just in this transfer window, but in any. Ever.

*even if it was 50p.

Fermin is correct, a very welcome early birthday present!
Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:47 - Sep 1 with 1808 viewsTalkingSutty

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:38 - Sep 1 by finberty

Thanks for your efforts George. Good luck. Don't even think of scoring against Dale....ever.

I will miss his work-rate and pace. I won't miss his misses.

And I've never even seen his missus.

It's a great move for George though and on a two year deal. We have all had our say on GD but at the end of the day he's making good money out of being a professional footballer, fair play to him.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:48 - Sep 1 with 1803 viewsTalkingSutty

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:41 - Sep 1 by chuckleberry

Persuading another club to shell out money* for Donnelly is surely the shrewdest piece of business undertaken, not just in this transfer window, but in any. Ever.

*even if it was 50p.

Fermin is correct, a very welcome early birthday present!

Happy birthday Chucks.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:48 - Sep 1 with 1790 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Always woeful in front of goal, but I'm not sure him and his new club deserve the level of ridicule. He was part of a Dale side that got promoted, not many can say that, and was one of the few Coleman signings who got his head down and bought into the Hill ethic and professionalism.
In the end, his prowess in front of goal let him down massively, although I'm not sure Andrew will be any improvement on this, but we've had (Grimes and Cummins to think of two), and will have, more gifted players who have/will contribute(d) and achieve(d) less than George.
For his effort and his contribution towards the promotion I genuinely wish him all the best.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 19:50]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:52 - Sep 1 with 1754 viewsbennersdale

Good luck GD9. Thanks for everything during your time at the club.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:53 - Sep 1 with 1739 viewsScunnydale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:48 - Sep 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Always woeful in front of goal, but I'm not sure him and his new club deserve the level of ridicule. He was part of a Dale side that got promoted, not many can say that, and was one of the few Coleman signings who got his head down and bought into the Hill ethic and professionalism.
In the end, his prowess in front of goal let him down massively, although I'm not sure Andrew will be any improvement on this, but we've had (Grimes and Cummins to think of two), and will have, more gifted players who have/will contribute(d) and achieve(d) less than George.
For his effort and his contribution towards the promotion I genuinely wish him all the best.

Whoops, clumsy fingers. Meant to +1 that.

While I'm not particularly sad to see George move on for the sake of our League One survival, I did enjoy his stint here. His effort and desire was 200%, but sadly his shooting was 20%. Would still rather have a team of Georgies than a team or mardya**es.

Thankfully though, we don't have either :)
Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:56 - Sep 1 with 1705 viewssweetcorn

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:48 - Sep 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Cummins? He scored more than donnelly last year and also helped us to promotion, so im not sure about your comparison there..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:00 - Sep 1 with 1666 viewsTalkingSutty

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:53 - Sep 1 by Scunnydale

Whoops, clumsy fingers. Meant to +1 that.

While I'm not particularly sad to see George move on for the sake of our League One survival, I did enjoy his stint here. His effort and desire was 200%, but sadly his shooting was 20%. Would still rather have a team of Georgies than a team or mardya**es.

Thankfully though, we don't have either :)

If ever he plays at Spotland again let's make sure we give him a good welcome. I don't think we have ever had a player who has warranted so many column inches and like Davebigcock stated he was part of our promotion winning team and scored a few important goals.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:06 - Sep 1 with 1632 views442Dale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:00 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

If ever he plays at Spotland again let's make sure we give him a good welcome. I don't think we have ever had a player who has warranted so many column inches and like Davebigcock stated he was part of our promotion winning team and scored a few important goals.

Donnelly was supported admirably by fans at games. His weaknesses as a player were debated forever on here, usually quite fairly. There is no problem with that, nor with having some lighthearted fun after his move. Everyone recognises he did his best. And so did Dean Walling.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:06 - Sep 1 with 1625 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:56 - Sep 1 by sweetcorn

Cummins? He scored more than donnelly last year and also helped us to promotion, so im not sure about your comparison there..

They both scored the same amount (4 each) did they not? TVOS?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:13 - Sep 1 with 1558 viewsdale4ever

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:06 - Sep 1 by BigDaveMyCock

They both scored the same amount (4 each) did they not? TVOS?

Think Donnelly got 5.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:16 - Sep 1 with 1527 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:13 - Sep 1 by dale4ever

Think Donnelly got 5.

Ah, there you go Sweetcorn. PM me and we'll have it out ;)
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 20:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024