Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly to Tranmere 15:41 - Sep 1 with 15018 viewsdale4ever

I'm lead to believe...
Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:29 - Sep 1 with 1899 viewsR17ALE

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:57 - Sep 1 by 49thseason

At least I remembered the gist of it! but thanks for the reminder -its still one of the funniest things I have ever read on here.

I'm going to pinch a line I heard at Accrington as my funniest line - said on the day George rifled one in from the edge of the box.

As the Accy full back dithered yet again, allowing us in for our second, one wag shouted at him, "yer more useless than Anne Franke's drum kit!"

I'm not sure that will ever be beaten!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:32 - Sep 1 with 1879 viewsScunnydale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:29 - Sep 1 by R17ALE

I'm going to pinch a line I heard at Accrington as my funniest line - said on the day George rifled one in from the edge of the box.

As the Accy full back dithered yet again, allowing us in for our second, one wag shouted at him, "yer more useless than Anne Franke's drum kit!"

Quality pun in the last line from you there.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:36 - Sep 1 with 1840 viewsdalenumber2

Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:17 - Sep 1 by onedalefan

Despite all the comments, you always felt he was giving 100% which is more than some ever did so for that, I say good luck George.

Agreed, I hope he can make a positive contribution at Tranmere. I wish him well.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:39 - Sep 1 with 1815 viewsThacks_Rabbits

That is indeed quality.

Reminds me of couple of funny incidents at Dale years back - both from same guy - although I did not know his name but always had a chat :)

We were playing Preston at home when the "Come in a Baxi" chant got started by him only - got a lot of chuckles and also shouting to a warming up Dave Lancaster to "Tell that Williams (Paul) to feck off" - Lancy then proceeded to attempt to show his number 9 shirt to show he was starting to the Sandy and managed to get his arm stuck in his bib.

Was funny at the time anyway :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Donnelly to Tranmere on 03:26 - Sep 2 with 1575 viewsTalkingSutty

Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:39 - Sep 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

That is indeed quality.

Reminds me of couple of funny incidents at Dale years back - both from same guy - although I did not know his name but always had a chat :)

We were playing Preston at home when the "Come in a Baxi" chant got started by him only - got a lot of chuckles and also shouting to a warming up Dave Lancaster to "Tell that Williams (Paul) to feck off" - Lancy then proceeded to attempt to show his number 9 shirt to show he was starting to the Sandy and managed to get his arm stuck in his bib.

Was funny at the time anyway :)

The incident at the Shay pre-season could have been the funniest I have ever witnessed at a footy match.

McGinty was having a real horror show in the Rochdale defence and everything he touched turned to rat *hit,for virtually the whole of the first half he couldn't even play a simple pass to his colleagues.Then he attempted to clear his lines and smashed the ball into Matty Dones face pole axing him to the ground and basically knocking him out.

Somebody shouted " that's the first time you have hit one of your own players all game McGinty" and he was right. A very funny incident in what could have possibly been one of the worst individual defensive displays ever seen and I have seen some bad'uns.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 05:33 - Sep 2 with 1555 viewsColDale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:48 - Sep 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Always woeful in front of goal, but I'm not sure him and his new club deserve the level of ridicule. He was part of a Dale side that got promoted, not many can say that, and was one of the few Coleman signings who got his head down and bought into the Hill ethic and professionalism.
In the end, his prowess in front of goal let him down massively, although I'm not sure Andrew will be any improvement on this, but we've had (Grimes and Cummins to think of two), and will have, more gifted players who have/will contribute(d) and achieve(d) less than George.
For his effort and his contribution towards the promotion I genuinely wish him all the best.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 19:50]

Said before that when Hill came back to the club, there were four strikers at the club: Grimes, George, Grant and Gornell. George was the least talented out of the lot, but he ended up with more goals than the other three put together last season. George needed handling a different way to anyone else, and nobody more than Keith Hill thought the Grant Holt reference was bollócks. But the clause in his contract (that he was perfectly entitled to take) was a step too far, and was another Coleman cock up. In League One, we can't have any passengers, and it seems there was a bit of encouragement to leave in the Summer - there's not many strikers lose a number 9 shirt.

I'd imagine "but so did George" will accompany any hard working player who's ability falls short for many a year.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 06:32 - Sep 2 with 1526 viewsDaley_Lama

His goal at home to Burton is still to me the one that set the scene for our promotion last season.

We've been spoilt with strikers of late, unless you are of international ability or worth 15K per minute to your new club, you appear to fall short.

A change of scene, a different style of play and you never know,success could come for Georgie.

He might be allowed back on Twitter too, it would be interesting to hear his views on Stirling and Galacticoshakers this season.

Good luck to him snd his family, hope it works out.

Poll: DF in or out

Donnelly to Tranmere on 07:30 - Sep 2 with 1455 viewsaleanddale

This ongoing thread shows our love for Gorgeous George and whilst struggling this year with us a return to league 2 and a fresh set of challenges might be what he needs..

No doubting his work rate and he was an integral part in our 2nd promotion.

Obviously the horror shows we have witnessed this season might have been the player himself realising league 1 is a step too far and that he needs to be back at his level.

Thanks for all the efforts George and good luck....

Shamir to step up to the plate please on Saturday!!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly to Tranmere on 09:10 - Sep 2 with 1332 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:29 - Sep 1 by R17ALE

Terrible diction...
Donnelly to Tranmere on 11:36 - Sep 2 with 1243 viewsBigKindo

Donnelly to Tranmere on 17:31 - Sep 1 by dale18

Confirmed by rochdale twitter

BREAKING NEWS: George Donnelly has completed a move to Tranmere Rovers for an undisclosed fee. More to follow... #RAFC >

Anything been said about a sell-on clause?
Donnelly to Tranmere on 11:46 - Sep 2 with 1213 viewssandylaner1

Donnelly to Tranmere on 11:36 - Sep 2 by BigKindo

Donnelly to Tranmere on 12:10 - Sep 2 with 1163 viewsJumeirahDale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 11:36 - Sep 2 by BigKindo

I'd feel terrible if we've got one. If Tranmere can get the best out of George (and I genuinely wish them / him well) then they deserve the benefits!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024