Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly to Tranmere 15:41 - Sep 1 with 15110 viewsdale4ever

I'm lead to believe...
Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:16 - Sep 1 with 2214 viewsTVOS1907

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:06 - Sep 1 by BigDaveMyCock

They both scored the same amount (4 each) did they not? TVOS?

Cummins 4 (Newport, Exeter, Bristol R, Hartlepool)

Donnelly 5 (Hartlepool (h), Northampton, Hartlepool (a), Burton, Newport)
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 20:18]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:17 - Sep 1 with 2207 viewsR17ALE

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:40 - Sep 1 by 49thseason

Next time I shake hands with Hilly I will check I still have 4 fingers and a thumb.
GD was great for laugh but to attempt to describe him as a professional footballer does a gross injustice to millions of lads who turn out in their local parks. Elementary football skills should include trapping a ball, kicking a ball and heading a ball, sadly GD possesses none of these traits. Scoring a goal because it hit your a*se and went in is hardly a saleable skill.

If the rumoured £20K fee is correct I hope whoever negotiated it gets at least £19K in commission.

Goodbye George I will always remember the immortal words of Razzle when I think of you " He runs about like p*ssing through an erection" (or words to that effect- sorry Raz).

I think I said that when he has the ball at his feet it's the equivalent of pissing through an erection.

In other words, no matter how hard you try, you're never in complete control and God knows which direction it (the ball or piss) will go!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:17 - Sep 1 with 2201 viewsolympicdale

In a funny way I'll kinda miss George, I've no idea why though..

Life is a game of fate.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:21 - Sep 1 with 2165 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:16 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

2 more than Calvin Andrew has scored in 4 years.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:22 - Sep 1 with 2155 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Think George will be remembered as affectionately likeable and Shit for his effort and willingness - nobody wishes him ill at all which is a credit to the guy - limited as he was.

Give me 11 G.D.'s over 11 Ashley Grimes any day - An guy that tried hard but was not up to it really - He was indeed Wallingesque :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:23 - Sep 1 with 2139 viewssweetcorn

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:16 - Sep 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Ah, there you go Sweetcorn. PM me and we'll have it out ;)
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 20:19]

No wonder we got a fee then!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:44 - Sep 1 with 2016 viewsboromat

Donnelly to Tranmere on 19:48 - Sep 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Always woeful in front of goal, but I'm not sure him and his new club deserve the level of ridicule. He was part of a Dale side that got promoted, not many can say that, and was one of the few Coleman signings who got his head down and bought into the Hill ethic and professionalism.
In the end, his prowess in front of goal let him down massively, although I'm not sure Andrew will be any improvement on this, but we've had (Grimes and Cummins to think of two), and will have, more gifted players who have/will contribute(d) and achieve(d) less than George.
For his effort and his contribution towards the promotion I genuinely wish him all the best.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 19:50]

He wasn't always woeful in front of goal. Did no one else go to Accrington away that time it was a cracking finish (unfortunately can't think of many more?)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:50 - Sep 1 with 1983 viewsnordenblue

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:44 - Sep 1 by boromat

He wasn't always woeful in front of goal. Did no one else go to Accrington away that time it was a cracking finish (unfortunately can't think of many more?)

Im fairly sure he just watched the ball drop and blasted it, he'd have been as surprised as us lot to see it actually hit the net.
It reminded me of school football when you leather it from about a yard out knowing full well the keeper will more often than not move out of the way than attempt a save
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:57 - Sep 1 with 1940 views49thseason

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:17 - Sep 1 by R17ALE

I think I said that when he has the ball at his feet it's the equivalent of pissing through an erection.

In other words, no matter how hard you try, you're never in complete control and God knows which direction it (the ball or piss) will go!

At least I remembered the gist of it! but thanks for the reminder -its still one of the funniest things I have ever read on here.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:12 - Sep 1 with 1866 viewsmikehunt

Is his goal against Burton still knocking about somewhere? That showed off his goal scoring prowess perfectly.
And he did score the winner against Northampton. The fact that he slightly miss hit it was enough to bamboozle their keeper.
Good luck Gorgeous. if he does do a Walling he will make a decent player now he is gone.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:17 - Sep 1 with 1833 views442Dale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:12 - Sep 1 by mikehunt

Is his goal against Burton still knocking about somewhere? That showed off his goal scoring prowess perfectly.
And he did score the winner against Northampton. The fact that he slightly miss hit it was enough to bamboozle their keeper.
Good luck Gorgeous. if he does do a Walling he will make a decent player now he is gone.

Are they going to play him alongside Marcus Holness?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:20 - Sep 1 with 1813 viewsolympicdale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:17 - Sep 1 by R17ALE

Arf

Life is a game of fate.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:21 - Sep 1 with 1812 viewsdale_spotland

As glad as I am to have received money for George, I think in 5-10 years time I will look back on George with fondness more than anything else, I will have forgotten the chances he has missed and remember the energy and effort he always put into representing our club, Hilly when speaking of George mentioned Bristol Rovers away, which for me is a perfect example of his time at Dale, struggled to walk off the pitch as he had ran himself into the ground, and his main contribution to the game looked to be an accident! Badly played pass which found it's way to Bunney for the equaliser!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:22 - Sep 1 with 1793 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Fúcking hell! Am still in shock.....2nd dud in a row to go to Tranmere and we have made money both times!!

No doubting George's workrate but then you could say the same about Mr. Dunphy...he also works hard for the cause but is pretty hopeless in front of goal.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:24 - Sep 1 with 1781 viewsmikehunt

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:21 - Sep 1 by dale_spotland

As glad as I am to have received money for George, I think in 5-10 years time I will look back on George with fondness more than anything else, I will have forgotten the chances he has missed and remember the energy and effort he always put into representing our club, Hilly when speaking of George mentioned Bristol Rovers away, which for me is a perfect example of his time at Dale, struggled to walk off the pitch as he had ran himself into the ground, and his main contribution to the game looked to be an accident! Badly played pass which found it's way to Bunney for the equaliser!

That was a shot

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:26 - Sep 1 with 1749 viewsNorthYorksDale

Are we sure the fee is a payment to us?
Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:32 - Sep 1 with 1685 viewsboromat

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:26 - Sep 1 by NorthYorksDale

Are we sure the fee is a payment to us?

I think we get a fee for every goal he scores ;-)

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:34 - Sep 1 with 1662 views442Dale

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s383.htm?730,14878609

"He probably had his confidence wrecked at dale if the supporters were on his back all the time...... its happened to us all in work from time to time, mistakes lead to pressure which kead to more mistakes...... we need to get behind the lad and guve him a chance."

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:43 - Sep 1 with 1611 viewsColDale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:34 - Sep 1 by 442Dale

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s383.htm?730,14878609

"He probably had his confidence wrecked at dale if the supporters were on his back all the time...... its happened to us all in work from time to time, mistakes lead to pressure which kead to more mistakes...... we need to get behind the lad and guve him a chance."

Reading that, I'm disappointed the tranmere fans don't type in a
Scouse accent in the same way Whitey's pals type like they are in Kes

"Ey go ed boss la, calm down and see warrees likchkchkch at ackckchrington on satdi"
Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:47 - Sep 1 with 1587 viewsSwissdale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 20:16 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Northampton - scuffed effort which bobbled in.
Hartlepool (a) - hit on the backside and went in.
Burton - didn't know in a million years where the ball was going, total fluke.
Newport -decent run but still needed two bites of the cherry.

I'm in total shock he's gone, never mind someone has paid for him. Really is an abysmal footballer, it sags a lot that this thread has 3 times as many posts as the thread announcing the return of last years highest rated player.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:49 - Sep 1 with 1556 viewsboromat

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:47 - Sep 1 by Swissdale

Northampton - scuffed effort which bobbled in.
Hartlepool (a) - hit on the backside and went in.
Burton - didn't know in a million years where the ball was going, total fluke.
Newport -decent run but still needed two bites of the cherry.

I'm in total shock he's gone, never mind someone has paid for him. Really is an abysmal footballer, it sags a lot that this thread has 3 times as many posts as the thread announcing the return of last years highest rated player.

They all count!!

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:52 - Sep 1 with 1540 viewsDaley_Lama

If fans think this is the deal of the century, Danny Wellwide has just gone to Arsenal for £16 million.

Poll: DF in or out

Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:07 - Sep 1 with 1461 views442Dale

Donnelly to Tranmere on 21:52 - Sep 1 by Daley_Lama

If fans think this is the deal of the century, Danny Wellwide has just gone to Arsenal for £16 million.

United will have used the Donnelly deal as evidence to raise the fee.

Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:17 - Sep 1 with 1396 viewsonedalefan

Despite all the comments, you always felt he was giving 100% which is more than some ever did so for that, I say good luck George.
Donnelly to Tranmere on 22:28 - Sep 1 with 1325 viewssandylaner1

Donnelly to Tranmere on 17:31 - Sep 1 by dale18

Confirmed by rochdale twitter

BREAKING NEWS: George Donnelly has completed a move to Tranmere Rovers for an undisclosed fee. More to follow... #RAFC >

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024