Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
it can't be just me? 16:20 - Sep 1 with 2683 views49thseason

1400 kids abused in Rotherham - just 5 arrests so far...... GMP threatening to arrest 180 on similar charges (but can't act too quickly in case they get it wrong). Meanwhile flights to the subcontinent are filling up quickly! Pro-rata with Rotherham that would be 50,400 kids abused.!

However, take your termially ill kid out of hospital and seek alternative treatment not available in the UK (why?) and you get a European Arrest Warrant thrown at you, handcuffs, and no visitation to the kid when NO LAW has been broken.
Hampshire police have even searched the grandmother's house in Southsea ..Why?.. they knew perfectly well where the kid and his family are.

Meanwhile the "best healthcare system in the world" does not have a proton beam scanner but it is available in Spain, Czech Republic, France, Japan, China, Germany, Switzerland, the USA and other countries and has been for over 13 years. But we keep sending £11b overseas every year in aid.

And to top it all the Government now wants to take away the passports of would-be islamic terrorists .... wait for it... BEFORE they leave the country and before they have had the chance to get themselves blown up!

Please tell me its not just me!
it can't be just me? on 16:31 - Sep 1 with 2632 viewsisitme

No it is not just you.

Let them go and fight and don't let them back in.
it can't be just me? on 16:47 - Sep 1 with 2585 viewsEllGazzell

I had an x-ray this afternoon in the ward next to the proton beam. Know it means nowt, but thought I'd mention it seeings as I am sitting here reading all about it :)

Would like to say that the doctor referred me for an x-ray and I walked straight in and waited all of 4 minutes. From experience of 28 years in UK and 7 in The Czech Republic, I must say, "the best health care system in the world" is not the NHS. I'm not gonna slag it off, and everything here aint all fantastic BUT, there is a world of difference.

Suppose Czechs are not spending countless billions on Iraq, Afghanistan and trident.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 16:48]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

it can't be just me? on 17:31 - Sep 1 with 2499 viewsMoonyDale

Definitely not just you....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

it can't be just me? on 17:51 - Sep 1 with 2439 viewsmodelboydave

It's not you.

Instead of stopping them, we should be laying on buses, doing ice bucket challenges to raise funds.
Roll up roll up. All aboard the jihad express.

If they are over their causing trouble they are not over here plotting to kill us lot.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

it can't be just me? on 21:10 - Sep 1 with 2302 viewsShun

If a parent denies their child (below 16) healthcare then yes, it is a crime. The parents did break the law by taking their child out of hospital, regardless of whether they thought they might get better care abroad. It's similar to if a parent fails to take their child to medical appointments - Social Services are informed.

Obviously it's not even comparable to the heinous crimes being reported in Rotherham, but the parents of the terminally ill child in question have gone about this in completely the wrong way.

Having said that, I don't have children and I can't imagine the horrible position the parents were in.
it can't be just me? on 21:11 - Sep 1 with 2294 viewsShun

it can't be just me? on 16:47 - Sep 1 by EllGazzell

I had an x-ray this afternoon in the ward next to the proton beam. Know it means nowt, but thought I'd mention it seeings as I am sitting here reading all about it :)

Would like to say that the doctor referred me for an x-ray and I walked straight in and waited all of 4 minutes. From experience of 28 years in UK and 7 in The Czech Republic, I must say, "the best health care system in the world" is not the NHS. I'm not gonna slag it off, and everything here aint all fantastic BUT, there is a world of difference.

Suppose Czechs are not spending countless billions on Iraq, Afghanistan and trident.

Was that in The Czech Republic? It's the same here. If you're referred for an x-ray you can go straight to the hospital and get it done there and then with minimal (if any) waiting.
it can't be just me? on 21:38 - Sep 1 with 2246 viewsjimmysbaldhead

it can't be just me? on 21:10 - Sep 1 by Shun

If a parent denies their child (below 16) healthcare then yes, it is a crime. The parents did break the law by taking their child out of hospital, regardless of whether they thought they might get better care abroad. It's similar to if a parent fails to take their child to medical appointments - Social Services are informed.

Obviously it's not even comparable to the heinous crimes being reported in Rotherham, but the parents of the terminally ill child in question have gone about this in completely the wrong way.

Having said that, I don't have children and I can't imagine the horrible position the parents were in.

Its not as clear cut as that. If a child under the age of 16 fully understands whats happening they can refuse treatment. As any adult can do. Obviously in this case the child is too young to understand and anyway unable to communicate. The parents have not commited a crime but the NHS can obtain a court order to enforce treatment.

I think the only people who have gone about this the wrong way are the police and the health authority, from the information i can find in the press obviously I dont know the full facts.
it can't be just me? on 09:47 - Sep 2 with 2083 viewselectricblue

Totally agree with that....
This crap where they would have no state of residence is crap..
If they fight in syria or irag then that is their choice of state to live so basically they wouldnt be homeless..
Its just our pathetic government not having the balls to stand up to these people....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

it can't be just me? on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 2077 viewselectricblue

It is pathetic of this country to hound a family who is seeking medical help not availble here in the uk but abroad....
Let them get on with it and live their lives...
If it works then all is well..
If it fails and the poor child dies at least they tried.....
Stop hounding them..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

it can't be just me? on 11:29 - Sep 2 with 2006 views49thseason

On the 5th July, the Prime Minister asked the Home Office permenant Secretary Mark Sedwill to investigate 114 missing files pertaining to the Geoffrey Dickens child abuse documents handed to Leon Brittain ... so far no further information.

On the 7th July2014, the independent RMBC inquiry into Knowle View school was suspended pending a police inquiry "Due to the range of local and national bodies involved in the decisions made in the past, the force is now considering how the investigation should be taken forward". Its now September and the silence is deafening.

On the 14th July , Baroness Butler -Sloss resigned from heading an inquiry into child abuse .. so far no one else has been appointed.

I know its school holidays but is anyone in Police or Government actually taking this stuff seriously? Or is it a case of out of sight "up north" and therefore no hurry? Do they imagine that its no longer happening? Or is everyone too sh!t scared of what (or who) they will uncover?
it can't be just me? on 12:58 - Sep 2 with 1916 viewsnordenblue

it can't be just me? on 11:29 - Sep 2 by 49thseason

On the 5th July, the Prime Minister asked the Home Office permenant Secretary Mark Sedwill to investigate 114 missing files pertaining to the Geoffrey Dickens child abuse documents handed to Leon Brittain ... so far no further information.

On the 7th July2014, the independent RMBC inquiry into Knowle View school was suspended pending a police inquiry "Due to the range of local and national bodies involved in the decisions made in the past, the force is now considering how the investigation should be taken forward". Its now September and the silence is deafening.

On the 14th July , Baroness Butler -Sloss resigned from heading an inquiry into child abuse .. so far no one else has been appointed.

I know its school holidays but is anyone in Police or Government actually taking this stuff seriously? Or is it a case of out of sight "up north" and therefore no hurry? Do they imagine that its no longer happening? Or is everyone too sh!t scared of what (or who) they will uncover?

There will be a few of the top brass who are in deep deep water hence the silence, i can see a few resignations in the near future too.
it can't be just me? on 13:03 - Sep 2 with 1919 views100notout

it can't be just me? on 12:58 - Sep 2 by nordenblue

There will be a few of the top brass who are in deep deep water hence the silence, i can see a few resignations in the near future too.

There should be but it won't happen.

No doubt they're lifting carpets and sweeping away as we speak.

Unfortunately they all p!$$ in the same pot.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

it can't be just me? on 10:07 - Sep 3 with 1743 viewsParkinsGimp

Its not just you.
The country is a shambles , we need to stamp down hard on this , and do it now. We have been pussy footing around these issues for far too long.
it can't be just me? on 13:39 - Sep 3 with 1670 viewsShun

it can't be just me? on 21:10 - Sep 1 by Shun

I'm a tad bemused why people are voting down this post without having the decency to post themselves. What I posted here isn't opinion, it's fact in accordance with the law. I'm well aware with the Gillick competency law, I make decisions involving it every day, but it doesn't apply in this case where the child is palliative and of such a young age.
it can't be just me? on 16:05 - Sep 3 with 1605 viewsnordenblue

it can't be just me? on 13:39 - Sep 3 by Shun

I'm a tad bemused why people are voting down this post without having the decency to post themselves. What I posted here isn't opinion, it's fact in accordance with the law. I'm well aware with the Gillick competency law, I make decisions involving it every day, but it doesn't apply in this case where the child is palliative and of such a young age.

You'll get the same few who always vote your posts down without having the ability to even reply with a reasoned debate, pretty sad
it can't be just me? on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 1517 viewsShun

it can't be just me? on 16:05 - Sep 3 by nordenblue

You'll get the same few who always vote your posts down without having the ability to even reply with a reasoned debate, pretty sad

Whoops, inadvertently just voted down your post!
it can't be just me? on 21:39 - Sep 3 with 1483 viewsnordenblue

it can't be just me? on 21:29 - Sep 3 by Shun

Whoops, inadvertently just voted down your post!

Its not a problem shun, i generally know the same sad tvvats that usually do, to be fair i think its a stupid idea anyway this voting up and down its all very american facefook esque
it can't be just me? on 21:41 - Sep 3 with 1480 viewsjimmysbaldhead

it can't be just me? on 13:39 - Sep 3 by Shun

Shun you sound like you're in the law profession so will know infinitely more than me, but i'm of the understanding this particular child had no care order and the family had told the hospital that they where getting a second opinion so they have done nothing wrong. Even if they hadn't told the hospital they were taking the child without a court order no crime has been committed.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 21:47]
it can't be just me? on 00:54 - Sep 4 with 1431 viewsYadHoDale

To be fair to South Yorkshire Police, they were far too busy covering up their role in the Hillsborough disaster to take notice of a bunch of child molestors.
it can't be just me? on 17:30 - Sep 4 with 1316 viewsMoonyDale

it can't be just me? on 21:39 - Sep 3 by nordenblue

Its not a problem shun, i generally know the same sad tvvats that usually do, to be fair i think its a stupid idea anyway this voting up and down its all very american facefook esque

Voting down posts generally only occurs when the post concerned is full of arse gravy...

it can't be just me? on 20:27 - Sep 4 with 1254 viewsnordenblue

it can't be just me? on 17:30 - Sep 4 by MoonyDale

Voting down posts generally only occurs when the post concerned is full of arse gravy...

Or perhaps just a complete tvvat who believes nobody else is entitled to a differing opinion
it can't be just me? on 23:52 - Sep 4 with 1214 viewsMoonyDale

it can't be just me? on 20:27 - Sep 4 by nordenblue

Or perhaps just a complete tvvat who believes nobody else is entitled to a differing opinion

Nah, everyone is entitled to an opinion and they have the right to air it on here. Just as those who disagree vote down a post, hell loads of mine get voted down and I take it as a compliment that someone has at least taken the time to read it in the first place. I never vote down for the sake of it though even if some think I do...I just voted up your post on another thread, simply because I agreed with every word written....Do I get called slightly less Tvvattish now?

it can't be just me? on 06:13 - Sep 5 with 1170 viewsnordenblue

it can't be just me? on 23:52 - Sep 4 by MoonyDale

Nah, everyone is entitled to an opinion and they have the right to air it on here. Just as those who disagree vote down a post, hell loads of mine get voted down and I take it as a compliment that someone has at least taken the time to read it in the first place. I never vote down for the sake of it though even if some think I do...I just voted up your post on another thread, simply because I agreed with every word written....Do I get called slightly less Tvvattish now?

I just dont see the point of anyone on here just voting something down without a response, if its voted up im assuming its in agreement so fine to leave it as that, but at least back a disagreement up with an opinion as you've done.
You can shove them flowers where your arse gravy comes from, to be fair to you you're not in the European places in the tvvat league just yet
it can't be just me? on 08:38 - Sep 5 with 1151 viewsMoonyDale

it can't be just me? on 06:13 - Sep 5 by nordenblue

I just dont see the point of anyone on here just voting something down without a response, if its voted up im assuming its in agreement so fine to leave it as that, but at least back a disagreement up with an opinion as you've done.
You can shove them flowers where your arse gravy comes from, to be fair to you you're not in the European places in the tvvat league just yet

Damn and I thought I was in the champions league group Tvvattish stages.....Gutted, I feel like Celtic now....

it can't be just me? on 15:51 - Sep 6 with 1066 viewsColDale

it can't be just me? on 16:47 - Sep 1 by EllGazzell

sounds like they've paid attention to this post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024