Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exclusive list 18:39 - Sep 1 with 3520 viewsR17ALE

Donnelly has joined a very exclusive, and small, list of players who Dale have got money for, and everyone is thinking "What! We got money as well?"

Others I can think of are: Les Lawrence, Mark Leonard, Joe Thompson, Malcolm Brown.

Anyone think of anymore.....

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Exclusive list on 18:45 - Sep 1 with 2744 viewsColDale

there was a lad we signed from Leeds who we sold before he'd even played a first team game for us. He was a striker and went to a Scottish team. Armstong???
Exclusive list on 18:45 - Sep 1 with 2740 views442Dale

Bit unfair on Lawrence, he was playing in a terrible side and did ok at times. He at least knew where the goal was.

Dave Mossman as mentioned in TVOS on Saturday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Exclusive list on 18:46 - Sep 1 with 2729 viewsThe_DJ

Wonder if it's more than the rumoured 50 pence ?
Exclusive list on 18:48 - Sep 1 with 2689 viewsR17ALE

Exclusive list on 18:45 - Sep 1 by ColDale

there was a lad we signed from Leeds who we sold before he'd even played a first team game for us. He was a striker and went to a Scottish team. Armstong???

Aye. Chris Armstrong wasn't it? Signed on a free from Leeds one June, and flogged to Queen of the South for £2000 a month later! Think it was during one of Parkin's spells in charge.

Exclusive list on 18:49 - Sep 1 with 2678 viewsmodelboydave

I don't get this post....

What about ogrady, Dagnell, holt, lamert, Dawson , hogan etc....etc....?

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Exclusive list on 18:52 - Sep 1 with 2631 viewsCamdenDale

Exclusive list on 18:49 - Sep 1 by modelboydave

I hope you're handsome and rich lad!
Exclusive list on 18:54 - Sep 1 with 2608 viewsR17ALE

Exclusive list on 18:49 - Sep 1 by modelboydave

What don't you get??

Read the OP again! ....can't believe we got money as well!

Exclusive list on 18:54 - Sep 1 with 2606 viewsThacks_Rabbits

We got money for Reid if remember rightly off York - which was more than expected but not up to the standards of the 4 you mention R17. Believe we sold Joe Cooke when he knew his career was over too but clutching at straws a bit.

Can name many we paid for and thought Why!! - Probably a dozen just under Sutton!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Exclusive list on 18:55 - Sep 1 with 2586 viewsfermin

Did we get money for Chris Lee?
Exclusive list on 18:57 - Sep 1 with 2573 views442Dale

Exclusive list on 18:54 - Sep 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

We got money for Reid if remember rightly off York - which was more than expected but not up to the standards of the 4 you mention R17. Believe we sold Joe Cooke when he knew his career was over too but clutching at straws a bit.

Can name many we paid for and thought Why!! - Probably a dozen just under Sutton!!!!

Not sure about a fee for Cooke, but his career was far from over. He was brilliant for Wrexham the season after and it was most satisfying when he got a last minute equaliser for them at Spotland after being on the receiving end of some terrible abuse.

Exclusive list on 18:58 - Sep 1 with 2566 viewsR17ALE

Exclusive list on 18:55 - Sep 1 by fermin

No. He was released and can be found on a much more populated list. The "Thank Fook he's Gone" one!

Exclusive list on 18:58 - Sep 1 with 2563 viewsTalkingSutty

Exclusive list on 18:55 - Sep 1 by fermin

Think we got a few quid for spoon head.
Exclusive list on 18:58 - Sep 1 with 2556 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Donnelly's sale has to eclipse the lot though!

Still smirking.
Exclusive list on 18:59 - Sep 1 with 2550 viewsmodelboydave

Oh I see ... Rubbish players we got money for.....

At first I thought it was just players we got money for.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Exclusive list on 19:05 - Sep 1 with 2488 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Exclusive list on 18:57 - Sep 1 by 442Dale

Not sure about a fee for Cooke, but his career was far from over. He was brilliant for Wrexham the season after and it was most satisfying when he got a last minute equaliser for them at Spotland after being on the receiving end of some terrible abuse.

Thought Joe Cooke was awesome at Dale and again shame he got abuse when he came back.

Sure I read his knee was gone and played on for 1 season with injections but knew it was all but end of career - may be wrong :)

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Exclusive list on 19:06 - Sep 1 with 2485 viewsCamdenDale

Exclusive list on 18:58 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Think we got a few quid for spoon head.

Don't mention Spoonhead. Bad omen. Also to Tranmere...and he came back!

Actually liked Hilditch. "Spoon 'Ed! Spoon 'Ed!"
Exclusive list on 19:20 - Sep 1 with 2388 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Forgot we got money for Shaun Reid twice!!!!!

Did we get money for Martin Hodge and Lee Warren - not sure you would class them as players we wanted rid of but Warren was before my regular Dale watching time :)

Exclusive list on 19:23 - Sep 1 with 2362 views442Dale

Exclusive list on 19:20 - Sep 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

Forgot we got money for Shaun Reid twice!!!!!

Did we get money for Martin Hodge and Lee Warren - not sure you would class them as players we wanted rid of but Warren was before my regular Dale watching time :)

Warren is a good call. He was rubbish.

Exclusive list on 20:40 - Sep 1 with 2046 viewsbocadave

Exclusive list on 19:05 - Sep 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

Thought Joe Cooke was awesome at Dale and again shame he got abuse when he came back.

Sure I read his knee was gone and played on for 1 season with injections but knew it was all but end of career - may be wrong :)

When joe left dale it was indeed because his knee was knackered. he could and would have signed for tranmere,but they wanted him to have a medical,which he knew he would fail,so he signed for wrexham instead as they did,nt ask him to have a medical. I know this for a fact because joe told me this himself. joe was still better on one leg than many players. great bloke.
Exclusive list on 21:38 - Sep 1 with 1928 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Exclusive list on 20:40 - Sep 1 by bocadave

When joe left dale it was indeed because his knee was knackered. he could and would have signed for tranmere,but they wanted him to have a medical,which he knew he would fail,so he signed for wrexham instead as they did,nt ask him to have a medical. I know this for a fact because joe told me this himself. joe was still better on one leg than many players. great bloke.

Thats good to hear as he always came across as a Gentleman and 100% player - I started watching Dale as a kid in Joes time and met him twice - he had to virtually kneel down to shake my hand lol :)

Exclusive list on 09:13 - Sep 2 with 1695 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

We got £3.48 from the glue factory for Steve Doyle.
Exclusive list on 09:32 - Sep 2 with 1670 viewselectricblue

Robbery if we did get money for chris lee....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Exclusive list on 09:34 - Sep 2 with 1666 viewselectricblue

Didnt we sell Alex Jones for about £20k to a scottish club and he came back for nothing......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Exclusive list on 15:46 - Sep 2 with 1477 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Think he went to Motherwell and we ended up buying him back for simular fee - recall we got 40k for him and maybe paid a little less to resign him.

I interview Alex when he was at Radcliffe Borough when I was there doing work experience and he was not a fan of Sutton at all - he was even lied to about his return to Spotland and signings coming in as well as him. He was also very embarrassed by the "The Boy is Back" announcement when he ran onto the pitch. Another part of Sutton's Circus :)

Exclusive list on 19:15 - Sep 2 with 1352 views1907

Connor went to Swansea for cash
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024