Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We footballed them to death 21:55 - Sep 16 with 8710 viewsYouTubeDale

What a TEAM performance that was. Unbelievable.

Dawson immense, the whole team fantastic. It could have been 8-0 without exaggeration.

Only disappointment was the low crowd to witness it.

Top half finish now , surely.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 21:57]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

We footballed them to death on 08:50 - Sep 17 with 2534 views100notout

We footballed them to death on 00:41 - Sep 17 by sweetcorn

Couldnt disagree more. He's our best midfielder by a long way.. he's our best all round midfielder as he literally can do everything, tackle, pick a pass and chip in with a fair amount of goals.

He was in our top 3 players last season with hogan and hendo, so not alot has changed within this squad and he'd certainly be starting if he hadnt got injured.

But who would you drop? If he was fit, I wouldn't play him ahead of Allen, Hery or Dawson.

Added to that he's had a new contract on the table since the summer that he won't sign and his current one runs out in the summer. I'm not convinced he's bought into the Hill system. If (and I accept its only an if) he doesn't want to sign and wants to go on a free in the summer, then we should get rid in January.

Nothing personal against the lad - he's a good player but for me he is no better than the current midfielders we have.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

We footballed them to death on 11:00 - Sep 17 with 2413 viewsWhiteyBFC

We footballed them to death on 06:40 - Sep 17 by aleanddale

Whitey if you can bring 3500 that will be much appreciated thank you.

3500 just about fills the away stand.

looking forward to a helping hand to boost the average attendance.

Hope the club keeps trying with initiatives though despite some bumper pay days from Away fans in the budget

Bradford - Barnsley and Sheff United!! There is 8000+ ( £160 000 ) from Yarkshire!!

Stop with the 'Yarkshire' thing, please.

As for 3,500, I didn't realise we'd get that much. I think I take back my initial statement of us selling it out. It's not unlikely, it's only £20 in isn't it? Maybe 3,000 I reckon.

Thanks to those who responded, just hope we get a result tonight at Fleetwood where we've sold over 1,000 tickets already. Our away following was always going to be decent down here, new grounds for a lot of us. If we don't go up, then they'll not be so good next season as the novelty wears off. But you Dale fans ought to be packing the home ends for our visit. A chance to watch Keith, TK, Doney and Daws exact a modicum of revenge. Or get shown up by Conor OOOOOOHHHHriane. Either either.

You Reds.
We footballed them to death on 11:08 - Sep 17 with 2390 viewsdingdangblue

We footballed them to death on 11:00 - Sep 17 by WhiteyBFC

Stop with the 'Yarkshire' thing, please.

As for 3,500, I didn't realise we'd get that much. I think I take back my initial statement of us selling it out. It's not unlikely, it's only £20 in isn't it? Maybe 3,000 I reckon.

Thanks to those who responded, just hope we get a result tonight at Fleetwood where we've sold over 1,000 tickets already. Our away following was always going to be decent down here, new grounds for a lot of us. If we don't go up, then they'll not be so good next season as the novelty wears off. But you Dale fans ought to be packing the home ends for our visit. A chance to watch Keith, TK, Doney and Daws exact a modicum of revenge. Or get shown up by Conor OOOOOOHHHHriane. Either either.

You Reds.

TK didn't play tonight- and he's been good in the games he's played - only now Jack O'Connell is back at centre half young Scott Tanser has moved to left back and been a revelation to be honest. If TK is on some sort of pay as you play contract I cant see him getting back in unless we get injuries to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 11:11]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We footballed them to death on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 2339 viewssweetcorn

We footballed them to death on 08:50 - Sep 17 by 100notout

But who would you drop? If he was fit, I wouldn't play him ahead of Allen, Hery or Dawson.

Added to that he's had a new contract on the table since the summer that he won't sign and his current one runs out in the summer. I'm not convinced he's bought into the Hill system. If (and I accept its only an if) he doesn't want to sign and wants to go on a free in the summer, then we should get rid in January.

Nothing personal against the lad - he's a good player but for me he is no better than the current midfielders we have.

Hilly obviously rates him rather highly, considering he's started every game he's been available. Im confident when he comes back from injury and gets his chance, he will take it.

As for not buying into hillys system, what a load of tosh, hes keeping his options open and fair play to the lad, why shouldnt he? By applying the same logic, dawson doesnt buy into it as he has only signed a year deal andtk certainly doesnt as he could leave in january?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

We footballed them to death on 11:31 - Sep 17 with 2334 viewsColDale

We footballed them to death on 11:08 - Sep 17 by dingdangblue

TK didn't play tonight- and he's been good in the games he's played - only now Jack O'Connell is back at centre half young Scott Tanser has moved to left back and been a revelation to be honest. If TK is on some sort of pay as you play contract I cant see him getting back in unless we get injuries to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 11:11]

TK may well prove to be this year's Gary Dicker.

I don't want to go too OTT about last night, but I can't help it. We showed a nasty malicious side last night in that we didn't take the foot off the pedal. Most teams would have settled at 3-0 but there is such a hunger in our team that we'd have kept going even if it had been the much more deserved 7 or 8. I'm convinced Ian Henderson went off the pitch disappointed that he only scored the one. Given the higher level we are now playing at, is it too much to suggest that was the best league performance we've ever produced? It was utterly relentless and bullying.

And I thought they'd be jaded after Sheff Utd.
We footballed them to death on 11:56 - Sep 17 with 2291 viewslurker

We footballed them to death on 11:31 - Sep 17 by ColDale

I don't want to go too OTT about last night, but I can't help it. We showed a nasty malicious side last night in that we didn't take the foot off the pedal. Most teams would have settled at 3-0 but there is such a hunger in our team that we'd have kept going even if it had been the much more deserved 7 or 8. I'm convinced Ian Henderson went off the pitch disappointed that he only scored the one. Given the higher level we are now playing at, is it too much to suggest that was the best league performance we've ever produced? It was utterly relentless and bullying.

Hendo has been fawned over loads already, but I'll join in.

If it weren't for his age, we would really be struggling to keep hold of him. Some of the things he does on the football pitch are way above the level we play at. The maturity in his play and the fitness level he manifests are also immense. He is our version of Gary Roberts, but a nicer (and less Scouse) guy. In fact, I am still astounded that even with his age we haven't had much pressure to part with him.

I hope he remains with us on this journey until the end of his career. He has the opportunity to be a real legend at this club.
We footballed them to death on 11:58 - Sep 17 with 2288 viewsdingdangblue

As a performance, just looking at Dale and not taking into account the poor show from Walsall, I would have to agree with you. Take away the fact that we are Rochdale - any neutral watching the game last night could be forgiven for thinking he was watching a Top Top side full of million pound superstars. We kept the ball that good. As far as my best league performance taking into account the opposition I would still rate the 2-0 home win against Southampton as our best ever. Especially with what they achieved after that special night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

We footballed them to death on 12:59 - Sep 17 with 2196 views442Dale

How local media should cover football, great report:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-football/walsall-fc/2014/09/16/rochdal

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

We footballed them to death on 13:23 - Sep 17 with 2126 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Done and Henderson have either scored or assisted 12 of our 15 league goals this season.

Done has five goals (two assisted by Hendo), and three assists.
Hendo has four goals (one assisted by Done), and three assists.

These two are on absolute fire at the moment. Who'd have thought, before Crewe away, that these two would play up top together?

It's a slightly unorthodox pairing, Hendo plays from the right a lot but often finds himself central, and Done's running of the channels (and finishing!) is exceptional.

Master stroke by Keith Hill and Chris Beech.
We footballed them to death on 13:39 - Sep 17 with 2080 viewspaulscho

Mega performance ,over the moon ,Saturday was heartbreaking for the boys ,but got all they deserved last night ,a complete performance ...VA VA VOOM !!!

livinginadalewonderland

We footballed them to death on 14:35 - Sep 17 with 2020 viewsaleanddale

Bradford away was Ace - that was some performance.

The two 2-0 wins v Southampton was something special too.

Last night for me was more complete than either of the three games above.

Bradford was in league 2 and southampton had spells in both games.

Last night make no mistake was a mauling. Dale were relentless for 90 minutes and to a man did a proper job on a woeful looking Walsall side.

There 17 will be checking in rehab today... his confidence shot to bits.. He must of left the field thinking he has chosen the wrong career!. I have never seen a pro footballer look so out of place as that lad last night.
We footballed them to death on 14:41 - Sep 17 with 2008 views100notout

We footballed them to death on 11:26 - Sep 17 by sweetcorn

Hilly obviously rates him rather highly, considering he's started every game he's been available. Im confident when he comes back from injury and gets his chance, he will take it.

As for not buying into hillys system, what a load of tosh, hes keeping his options open and fair play to the lad, why shouldnt he? By applying the same logic, dawson doesnt buy into it as he has only signed a year deal andtk certainly doesnt as he could leave in january?

Did you choose to ignore the question or could you not answer it? Perhaps you overlooked it so I'll ask again - who would you drop to put Lund back in the team?

Oh he's keeping his options open alright - he wants a lot more money and can probably get it by walking on a free at the end of the season - if he's going to do that we should sell him in January.

As for your comparison to Dawson and TK that is a load of tosh! They accepted the deals that were offered to them - just like Done, Hendo and others did in the summer when they were offered new/improved contracts. Lund was offered one too but won't sign - what does that tell you?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

We footballed them to death on 14:46 - Sep 17 with 1996 viewsTVOS1907

We footballed them to death on 12:59 - Sep 17 by 442Dale

How local media should cover football, great report:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-football/walsall-fc/2014/09/16/rochdal

Surely a local media match report should contain loads of quotes that are also on the back of the paper and have already been in the Sunday papers and freely available online?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We footballed them to death on 14:54 - Sep 17 with 1968 viewsdingdangblue

We footballed them to death on 14:41 - Sep 17 by 100notout

Did you choose to ignore the question or could you not answer it? Perhaps you overlooked it so I'll ask again - who would you drop to put Lund back in the team?

Oh he's keeping his options open alright - he wants a lot more money and can probably get it by walking on a free at the end of the season - if he's going to do that we should sell him in January.

As for your comparison to Dawson and TK that is a load of tosh! They accepted the deals that were offered to them - just like Done, Hendo and others did in the summer when they were offered new/improved contracts. Lund was offered one too but won't sign - what does that tell you?

Lund should have signed his improved deal when all the other players did - by not signing he has made himself an outsider to the others. Hendo, Vincenti, Done, Raff, Eastham, Allen, Rose, Lancashire, Bennett, Bunney, Hery have all committed themselves to Hilly and Dale.

We footballed them to death on 16:46 - Sep 17 with 1851 views442Dale

Goals are on club youtube channel.

www.youtube.com/user/officialrochdaleafc

[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 16:49]

We footballed them to death on 17:14 - Sep 17 with 1785 viewsaleanddale

Fair play on there messageboard. They all credit us with a great display whilst post mortuming there own performance.

It was so abject it beggars belief 10 of that 11 beat Preston 3-1.
We footballed them to death on 17:42 - Sep 17 with 1717 viewsbelgiansaddler

Hi Dale, in 4 decades of supporting Walsall last night was not a high point lol. Read through this thread and only thing I disagree with is your conservative estimates about what the score could have been. 4-0 flattered us big time. Yes we had a few injuries, yes it was an inexperienced team but there can be no excuses, you totally blew us away from the first whistle.

Not sure where one of your posters gets the idea of a dirty physical Walsall team from in the past? But under Dean Smith the opposite is the case, he tries to get us to play passing football no matter what the circumstances. Obviously last night that went boobs up big time. From the first whistle dale were faster, hungrier and better. If you had got double figures we could not of complained on that performance.

As usual it was a pleasure to go to Dale last night, proper club, proper fans. The pleasure obviously finished when the match started lol. Good luck to you lot, last night was painful. But I am sure those of you who have followed Dale for a while will understand it was hopefully just one of those nights for us. Out thought, out played and out classed on the night. Still can't believe you only got 4 😳.

it was nice to see Stubbsy before the match, formerly one of ours who has for long time turned over to the dark side lol. For me it's always a pleasure to go to places like Dale, would be better if the Church was open again, any sign of that? Noticed the roof looked a bit leaky last night lol.

You mullered us fair and square, as I say still can't believe you only got 4 and how we deserved nil is beyond me. As for Grimes....... Nah don't think I need to say...
We footballed them to death on 17:43 - Sep 17 with 1713 viewsbelgiansaddler

Sorry forgot to say despite us being total shite you lot did look good. Good luck for rest of season
We footballed them to death on 18:23 - Sep 17 with 1629 viewsfermin

We footballed them to death on 17:14 - Sep 17 by aleanddale

Fair play on there messageboard. They all credit us with a great display whilst post mortuming there own performance.

It was so abject it beggars belief 10 of that 11 beat Preston 3-1.

Do you have a link, as I can't find one that anybody posts on?
We footballed them to death on 18:29 - Sep 17 with 1614 views442Dale

We footballed them to death on 18:23 - Sep 17 by fermin

Do you have a link, as I can't find one that anybody posts on?

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=45329

We footballed them to death on 18:33 - Sep 17 with 1590 viewsbelgiansaddler

Up the Saddlers is only one anyone posts on.
We footballed them to death on 20:31 - Sep 17 with 1411 views49thseason

I am always amused that when we hand out the occasional mauling (or even beat a "rated" side) opposing fans can't seem to get their head around the idea that Rochdale might have a better than decent team. Their forums are always full of "one off bad night" or "our Manager got it wrong" never for an instant do many of them actually recognise that "little Rochdale" with our tiny crowds and players no one has ever heard of might just have been the better team.
There will be more managerial sackings this season following matches against Rochdale ... no one rates us ...we don't care!
We footballed them to death on 20:44 - Sep 17 with 1370 viewsbelgiansaddler

Errrrr I am not sure if that was targeted at me but I never said that. I said we were shit and totally outplayed by a team that looked very impressive. Read my original post again
We footballed them to death on 20:48 - Sep 17 with 1355 viewsTVOS1907

We footballed them to death on 20:44 - Sep 17 by belgiansaddler

Errrrr I am not sure if that was targeted at me but I never said that. I said we were shit and totally outplayed by a team that looked very impressive. Read my original post again

I think he means on your forum, as per 442's link.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We footballed them to death on 21:00 - Sep 17 with 1312 viewsbelgiansaddler

Maybe. But I think I can speak for most of lads I watch Saddlers with. You murdered us. Despite that we had a laugh. It made me laugh couple of years ago when we beat Stevenage away on a Tuesday night. Waiting for train home this Stevenage walls said d "we should be beating teams like Walsall" made me laugh. Rochdale and Walsall are similar. Both got great fans but surrounded by so called big clubs and sky supporting morons. Gutted by result and pathetic performance last night. We were shocking but Dale took full advantage and were very very good. As I said in my first post god knows how you only scored four lol. Proper club proper fans. Hope you poo on the so called big clubs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024