Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Dawson 23:33 - Sep 16 with 4501 viewsdale18

Fantastic tonight and a well deserved Man of the Match. I think we need a new song for him.

Any takers?
Stephen Dawson on 23:45 - Sep 16 with 3336 viewsroccydaleian

We need Rkershaw back for that one Agreed though, Dawson was superb tonight.
Stephen Dawson on 23:47 - Sep 16 with 3305 viewsPDIDDY

Top drawer for us was Dawson , Man U fan tho

Gissa job

Stephen Dawson on 23:57 - Sep 16 with 3280 viewsroccydaleian

Stephen Dawson on 23:47 - Sep 16 by PDIDDY

So is Hilly. Now go to bed dick head
Stephen Dawson on 00:00 - Sep 17 with 3277 viewsDaley_Lama

Stephen Dawson on 23:47 - Sep 16 by PDIDDY

So is our manager.

Our chairman however is a fan of Rochdale rather than a fan of football, so that's one back for us.

Good win tonight Didds, playoffs minimum for your second team for me, top 3 is between yourselves, Burton, Shrews Southend i reckon, you might even end up with a trinket methinks.

Poll: DF in or out

Stephen Dawson on 00:04 - Sep 17 with 3272 viewsdingdangblue

Everything is Awesome Lyrics:

We've got Stephen Dawson
We've got Stephen Dawson and he's part of our team
We've got Stephen Dawson and he's living the dream.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stephen Dawson on 08:22 - Sep 17 with 3085 viewsPDIDDY

Stephen Dawson on 23:57 - Sep 16 by roccydaleian

So is Hilly. Now go to bed dick head

I was in bed

Gissa job

Stephen Dawson on 08:30 - Sep 17 with 3059 viewsdingdangblue

Stephen Dawson on 08:22 - Sep 17 by PDIDDY

I was in bed

Dreaming about the Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Stephen Dawson on 08:34 - Sep 17 with 3048 viewsRespectTheChemistry

He was everywhere last night. What a machine!
Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Dawson on 09:05 - Sep 17 with 2987 viewsnordenblue

Stephen Dawson on 08:34 - Sep 17 by RespectTheChemistry

He was everywhere last night. What a machine!

And people said he wasn't up to it when we signed him, hes not played at championship level for no reason
Stephen Dawson on 09:10 - Sep 17 with 2979 views442Dale

Stephen Dawson on 09:05 - Sep 17 by nordenblue

And people said he wasn't up to it when we signed him, hes not played at championship level for no reason

Say what you see. He's being used in a new role that suits him and the team very well at the moment.

Seen a couple of posts comparing him to Cavanagh but he's not even playing the same position. He's doing the 'Gary Jones L1' job in a different way - less goals, more pressing. The manager and the player have played a blinder.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Dawson on 09:24 - Sep 17 with 2946 viewsNafelad

Everyone played really well last night - almost impossible to pick a MOM. If either of Hendo's brilliant efforts had gone in, I would have had to pick him as MOM. However, Dawson was a class act and had a brilliant game - he seems so much fitter now than he was in first game or two this season.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 9:31]

Topcat

Stephen Dawson on 09:25 - Sep 17 with 2946 viewsdingdangblue

Stephen Dawson on 09:10 - Sep 17 by 442Dale

Say what you see. He's being used in a new role that suits him and the team very well at the moment.

Seen a couple of posts comparing him to Cavanagh but he's not even playing the same position. He's doing the 'Gary Jones L1' job in a different way - less goals, more pressing. The manager and the player have played a blinder.

Agreed - the comparison to Cavanagh is a strange one. Dawson was everywhere last night - a real terrier. For me Cavanagh barely moved from his position most games just protecting the back 4 and breaking things up. Dawson last night was more like Perkins/Jones. Very pleased with Hery last night - a terrific player - very disciplined role even though he is capable of doing something out of the ordinary. I've already mentioned Allen in another post who is just so great to watch. Hill is a genius.

Stephen Dawson on 09:46 - Sep 17 with 2889 viewsnordenblue

For anybody to say hes not/wasn't good enough is nothing but ridiculous regardless of what they see.Theres generally a reason why players ply their trade higher up the leagues and its no fluke, similar to Done, Logan,Hendo etc they stand head and shoulders above others on the pitch over time
Stephen Dawson on 11:11 - Sep 17 with 2789 views442Dale

Stephen Dawson on 09:46 - Sep 17 by nordenblue

For anybody to say hes not/wasn't good enough is nothing but ridiculous regardless of what they see.Theres generally a reason why players ply their trade higher up the leagues and its no fluke, similar to Done, Logan,Hendo etc they stand head and shoulders above others on the pitch over time

Not a case of where they've played in the football pyramid, if it was we'd have had Dicker all last season. He was a good player at higher levels who didn't really fit with the way we played. Dawson in a midfield two, or taking the place of either Allen or Hery where ball retention is key wouldn't work because I don't think he's suited there based on when he's played there in the past. Willing for that opinion to be proved wrong, but it's not necessary because in this role he's playing now he's been very good. Honest to admit I didn't think he'd be as effective as he has.

Stephen Dawson on 11:31 - Sep 17 with 2744 viewssweetcorn

Stephen Dawson on 09:05 - Sep 17 by nordenblue

Gary dicker played championship, did that make him good?

Pm me if youve got a problem

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stephen Dawson on 11:58 - Sep 17 with 2707 viewsRAFC1907

Haha made me laugh reading this 442, when you have it in for someone there's no altering your mind, no matter how well they perform.

He was everywhere, forwards, backwards, sidewards, every blade of grass he covers. He has played like that pretty much his entire career, although he can play any role, wide, inside, holding, box to box, all-around player and If it wasnt for his agent he would of been at a premier league club by now guaranteed after his performances for the tykes.

He's no fossil he's still in his prime and got another 5/6 seasons easy and even at that point he will still be a machine.

Take a look at how Southampton have performed over the last season. High tempo pressing, winning the ball back up the field and doing the damage, we are playing very very similar.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 12:05]

Poll: Bottomley...

Stephen Dawson on 12:10 - Sep 17 with 2682 views442Dale

Stephen Dawson on 11:58 - Sep 17 by RAFC1907

Haha made me laugh reading this 442, when you have it in for someone there's no altering your mind, no matter how well they perform.

He was everywhere, forwards, backwards, sidewards, every blade of grass he covers. He has played like that pretty much his entire career, although he can play any role, wide, inside, holding, box to box, all-around player and If it wasnt for his agent he would of been at a premier league club by now guaranteed after his performances for the tykes.

He's no fossil he's still in his prime and got another 5/6 seasons easy and even at that point he will still be a machine.

Take a look at how Southampton have performed over the last season. High tempo pressing, winning the ball back up the field and doing the damage, we are playing very very similar.

There is altering my mind, see the follow up post. "Willing to be proved wrong..." and "honest to admit I didn't think he'd be as effective as he has"

Premier League after his spell at Barnsley? Their fans know more than me. On the occasions I saw him for them he was used out of position by Flitcroft and too deep by Wilson. Maybe that's what he needed, a manager who knew how to get the best out of him.

Didn't think he'd be good enough for us, happy that he has been so far and hopefully there's more to come.

Edit in reply to your edit: it's a good point about winning the ball high up the pitch. It's not a tactic we've used with a player like Dawson before and you could see last night that Walsall were almost confused by such a player harassing them in their own half.
Hill has reinvented the wheel again. Just when everyone debated who'd be the attacking midfielder to support a central striker, we use the position for a different type of player to get the ball back quickly.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 12:14]

Stephen Dawson on 12:44 - Sep 17 with 2600 viewsaleanddale

Ref Dawson & the Cav comparison.

Agreed he is more advanced but the way he arrives when the opposition recieve the ball to nick it away is very similar.

Cav did this in front of the back 4.

Dawson does it all over the blinkin pitch hence the rich mans version!!! in my eyes anyway.

maybe not positionally but in the go and get the ball back for us role.

He complements Hery and Allen to a tee!! last night they were incredible for 90 minutes.
Stephen Dawson on 12:55 - Sep 17 with 2558 viewsdingdangblue

Stephen Dawson on 12:44 - Sep 17 by aleanddale

Ref Dawson & the Cav comparison.

Agreed he is more advanced but the way he arrives when the opposition recieve the ball to nick it away is very similar.

Cav did this in front of the back 4.

Dawson does it all over the blinkin pitch hence the rich mans version!!! in my eyes anyway.

maybe not positionally but in the go and get the ball back for us role.

He complements Hery and Allen to a tee!! last night they were incredible for 90 minutes.

Hery - Allen - Dawson the opposition have been HAD

Stephen Dawson on 13:41 - Sep 17 with 2473 viewspaulscho

The Linchpin in tremendous performance ,more of the same on Saturday ....Please MR Hill ......
In Hilly we trust !!!!

livinginadalewonderland

Stephen Dawson on 15:02 - Sep 17 with 2392 viewsChaffRAFC

Oh Stephen Dawson, you are the love of my life,
Oh Stephen Dawson, I'd let you shag my wife,
Oh Stephen Dawson, we'd f*ck Bury off tooooo.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Stephen Dawson on 15:03 - Sep 17 with 2384 viewsDaveDave

"No we dont need dawson, this fella is a waste of a wage. He is far too slow and only puts a shift in when he wants. We need a decent forward , not a bit of a kid who struggled to perform at league 2" (Recent post)

Really!

Stephen Dawson on 15:15 - Sep 17 with 2357 viewsnordenblue

Stephen Dawson on 11:31 - Sep 17 by sweetcorn

Gary dicker played championship, did that make him good?

Pm me if youve got a problem

Good enough to play in the championship at a guess? Bit of a rhetorical question really you thick tvvat.
Are you similar to an agony aunt now then?
Stephen Dawson on 15:19 - Sep 17 with 2345 viewsdingdangblue

After the Cov game, just noticed we play Dawsons previous 2 clubs - Orient and Barnsley.

Stephen Dawson on 15:30 - Sep 17 with 2326 viewsWhiteyBFC

Stephen Dawson on 11:58 - Sep 17 by RAFC1907

Premier League? Stephen Dawson?

After his performances for the tykes?

Wow.

Trust me, after his performances for us (once Keith left) he's lucky to have found a club full stop. Absolute gash for the most part and as far away from being a Premier League midfielder as you or I.

However, I did make it clear on this very forum that Dawson's best performances in a Barnsley shirt were when given a more offensive role, and in the main, under Keith Hill. So if he's not being stationed in a holding role, and he's doing well at League One level, then I'm not at all surprised.

I used to like him, when Keith was in charge. I used to like Matty Done too, one of the very few reds fans to appreciate him. I'd have the latter here now over fat Dale Jennings. But Dawson? No ta. Because I saw him play best part of 100 games and you can count the good games he had on one hand, and the shite games on a calculator.

Glad he's doing well for a club I've a soft spot for although it's early days. Lets see how he copes with our Conor in a couple of weeks time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024