Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances 22:16 - Sep 17 with 3910 viewsmikehunt

Well. I was shocked by last night's attendance too. I think we have to wait until Saturday to draw final conclusions. But it does seem to be like shoving sh1t uphill.
Other clubs are struggling too, though. Blackburn for example: season tickets same price as ours. Match v Wigan last Sunday £10 in. Tonight v Derby £6 in. They are desperate to drag support in at any cost.
I sometimes think we should call the Rochdale public's bluff by making a Saturday match completely free. I can hear the gasps of horror from here but, depressing as the resulting attendance might be, at least it will show us, once and for all, what we are up against.
The only way I can see us moving forward is by getting a new ground and rebranding. Again, not in our lifetimes.
One other thing, last time the almighty bury were lauding it in the second division (Championship as it is now) they were briefly top of the league but still only getting crowds of 5500. I met their chairman at that time who was very gracious when he heard I was a Dale fan. He told me that them and Dale were very similar teams but would never crack large attendances - and then he ran off with all the cash. Some things never change.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Attendances on 23:34 - Sep 19 with 427 viewsD_Alien

Attendances on 23:31 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

4225 v bury
4755 v Carlisle
4601 v Doncaster
4626 v Huddersfield
4215 v Hull
4224 v Lincoln
4942 v Macclesfield
4611 v Yeovil

The real question is, can PDIDDY explain why Macclesfield were a bigger attraction than bury?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Attendances on 23:36 - Sep 19 with 417 views442Dale

Attendances on 23:31 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

4225 v bury
4755 v Carlisle
4601 v Doncaster
4626 v Huddersfield
4215 v Hull
4224 v Lincoln
4942 v Macclesfield
4611 v Yeovil

Some great crowds there in a very average season. Macc brought about 1000? So still a very good home crowd for a relegation six pointer.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024