Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Making comparisons? 07:37 - Sep 18 with 4553 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree with Col when he suggested Tuesdays home performance was up there with one of the most complete in living memory, but then tried to compare the current players with those assembled by Hilly in our last venture into league one a few years ago. How many of the current players would have featured in that team and what would a combined team look like? This is my choice and can include loan players.

Logan
Wiseman
Tanser
Dawson
O'Connell
Jones
Allan
Lund
COG
Done
Henderson

So 7 current players in the combined team, i wrestled with Tanser over Kennedy and Jones over Dawson. Jones of that era drove the team and scored nearly 20 goals so that swayed it and it's still early days for Dawson but he looks the real deal.

Making comparisons? on 19:37 - Sep 18 with 1877 views442Dale

Making comparisons? on 19:32 - Sep 18 by ColDale

Speaking of kits, what were the ref shorts all about in the Champs Lge?

Yeah. Mental. It was distracting, refs should never have light shorts because they start to look like players. No, I dont know why, they just do. Must be subliminal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Making comparisons? on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 1831 viewsTVOS1907

Making comparisons? on 14:07 - Sep 18 by TalkingSutty

Bloody hell, its not rocket science. Nobody has had Heaton and Daggers they didn't play for us in league one!! Whilst we are at it and you mentioned the word 'embarrassing' what does 'yorsrlf' mean??

Anyway, I would imagine the majority are getting a bored of this childish spat between you and me so give it a rest, I think we both know our feelings regarding each other.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 14:08]

Can you two not get a room, or summat?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Making comparisons? on 21:03 - Sep 18 with 1792 viewsnordenblue

Making comparisons? on 19:33 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

There are some similarities between the kits, which are apparent and thus it comes down to a personal choice. But details might make the difference.

Lack of stripes: much debate amongst the masses when they disappeared this year, but we have an effective strip which adheres to the blue & black theme. In fact the absence of white trim is a bonus on this front as the kit remains somewhat unique throughout the league and not another yet blue outfit.
Some forget we faced a similar situation in 10/11 when the Carbrini shirt had black pinstripes. Pinstripes are not stripes, if they were West Brom fans wouldn't be so irate. So we had a predominantly blue shirt then too, albeit with black arms.... which only work with such a design and never with stripes.
This season's shirt wins.

Shorts, blue v white:
Again it's down to preference, but with the added issue of tradition. Dale should have white shorts, but this season's kit does look good as a whole unit, rather than analysing the individual components as is often the case. That said, the white shorts of the 10/11 version were pleasantly plain with minimal trim (as shorts should be, see last season's away shorts for a jigsaw puzzle of a monstrosity), and they'd work perfectly well with this year's shirt, so they sneak through.

Socks, do they matter?: of course they do and if there are ever any hooped ones available as an option, they triumph. The socks of 10/11 included a turnover, which rarely fails if it mirrors the shirt, which it did that year (see 08/09 for when it didn't). However, there was one of those silly stripes down the side of the socks during our first season in L1, which was both unnecessary and cluttersome. Is that a word? It should be.
This season's socks.

So there you have it. And you did ask.

A fine reply, im in full agreement with the hooped socks they're a winner
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 22:14]
Making comparisons? on 21:32 - Sep 18 with 1759 viewsSaxonDale

Making comparisons? on 19:33 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

There are some similarities between the kits, which are apparent and thus it comes down to a personal choice. But details might make the difference.

Lack of stripes: much debate amongst the masses when they disappeared this year, but we have an effective strip which adheres to the blue & black theme. In fact the absence of white trim is a bonus on this front as the kit remains somewhat unique throughout the league and not another yet blue outfit.
Some forget we faced a similar situation in 10/11 when the Carbrini shirt had black pinstripes. Pinstripes are not stripes, if they were West Brom fans wouldn't be so irate. So we had a predominantly blue shirt then too, albeit with black arms.... which only work with such a design and never with stripes.
This season's shirt wins.

Shorts, blue v white:
Again it's down to preference, but with the added issue of tradition. Dale should have white shorts, but this season's kit does look good as a whole unit, rather than analysing the individual components as is often the case. That said, the white shorts of the 10/11 version were pleasantly plain with minimal trim (as shorts should be, see last season's away shorts for a jigsaw puzzle of a monstrosity), and they'd work perfectly well with this year's shirt, so they sneak through.

Socks, do they matter?: of course they do and if there are ever any hooped ones available as an option, they triumph. The socks of 10/11 included a turnover, which rarely fails if it mirrors the shirt, which it did that year (see 08/09 for when it didn't). However, there was one of those silly stripes down the side of the socks during our first season in L1, which was both unnecessary and cluttersome. Is that a word? It should be.
This season's socks.

So there you have it. And you did ask.

I've reported that post.
Making comparisons? on 22:36 - Sep 18 with 1704 viewsTalkingSutty

Making comparisons? on 20:24 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

Can you two not get a room, or summat?

You just concentrate on the programme, this is a fire that's never going to go out!!
Making comparisons? on 22:48 - Sep 18 with 1685 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Making comparisons? on 22:36 - Sep 18 by TalkingSutty

You just concentrate on the programme, this is a fire that's never going to go out!!

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Making comparisons? on 23:10 - Sep 18 with 1641 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Sorry, just realised last post might make me out to be far scarier than I really am. Still want to continue the fire theme though.

Making comparisons? on 23:12 - Sep 18 with 1632 viewsD_Alien

Making comparisons? on 22:48 - Sep 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Remember my dad having apoplexy when that came on TOTP. Brilliant!

I'm sure he even muttered something about having fought in the war for that... (and I know how much you like to hear about that type of thing!)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Making comparisons? on 23:15 - Sep 18 with 1616 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Making comparisons? on 23:12 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

I'm sure he even muttered something about having fought in the war for that... (and I know how much you like to hear about that type of thing!)

Quite, music's always better when it shocks. Bloomin pooftas

Making comparisons? on 23:19 - Sep 18 with 1608 viewsD_Alien

Making comparisons? on 23:15 - Sep 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Continuing the fire theme though - this was considered very weird at the time...

Making comparisons? on 23:28 - Sep 18 with 1599 views442Dale

Making comparisons? on 23:12 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

Can you catch apoplexy?

This is a fine thread by the way.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Making comparisons? on 23:29 - Sep 18 with 1597 viewsD_Alien

Making comparisons? on 23:28 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

Can you catch apoplexy?

This is a fine thread by the way.

Dunno, but I wouldn't stand too close to anyone with it!

Making comparisons? on 23:35 - Sep 18 with 1585 viewsdingdangblue

Making comparisons? on 23:29 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

Dunno, but I wouldn't stand too close to anyone with it!

Isn't someone with apoplexy an apoplectic ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Making comparisons? on 23:43 - Sep 18 with 1568 viewsD_Alien

Making comparisons? on 23:35 - Sep 18 by dingdangblue

Isn't someone with apoplexy an apoplectic ?

Only if they're incurable

Making comparisons? on 00:12 - Sep 19 with 1527 viewsTVOS1907

Making comparisons? on 22:36 - Sep 18 by TalkingSutty

I was multi-tasking.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Making comparisons? on 07:31 - Sep 19 with 1381 viewsScunnydale

Making comparisons? on 23:15 - Sep 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Mick Ronson's a hero in Hull. They used to honour him with this. Not anymore though, his memorial is now a slab of concrete outside this, and the caff's now called Huckleberry's.

[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 7:58]
Making comparisons? on 11:53 - Sep 19 with 1292 viewsregjenkins

Making comparisons? on 15:18 - Sep 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Alright, alright. I can't win can I, one minute too clever for my own good and the next thick as two short planks. Here goes:

Fon Williams
Wiseman
Widdowson
Dawson
O'Connell
Jones
Kennedy
Lund
COG
Hendo
Hogan

Sub: Reg Jenkins

Thanks..i can do sub at my age... last minute only tho thanks skipper!!

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Making comparisons? on 09:03 - Sep 20 with 1140 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Making comparisons? on 07:31 - Sep 19 by Scunnydale

Mick Ronson's a hero in Hull. They used to honour him with this. Not anymore though, his memorial is now a slab of concrete outside this, and the caff's now called Huckleberry's.

[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 7:58]

There's something brilliant about one of the queens of glam being from Hull and fitting that he's got a cafe as a memorial.
Better than a crappy statue. I think it was Karl Marx who said statues are good for nothing but gathering bird shit. Didn't stop the commies though erecting shite loads of statutes of him. Marx not Mick Ronson.
Died tragically young and his role in Bowie's career doesn't get the acknowledgement it deserves. Ronson not Marx.
Cool as fook and great guitarist.
Never heard Marx play guitar and he had a shite beard. So Ronson not Marx.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 9:08]

Making comparisons? on 09:28 - Sep 20 with 1113 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Making comparisons? on 11:53 - Sep 19 by regjenkins

Thanks..i can do sub at my age... last minute only tho thanks skipper!!

No problem Reggie lad.

P.S say hello to my dad, granny and grandad will you.

Also, they're not watching over me all the time are they? Like, all the time? It's just it would be the death of my granny......................hang on!!

Disclaimer
In anticipation of experiencing the moral indignation of Rochdale AFC forum's very own Mary Whitehouse (TalkingSutty) apologies in advance to any offence caused to the memory of Reg Jenkins, Karl Marx, Mick Ronson, me dad, gran and grandad.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 9:43]

Making comparisons? on 10:53 - Sep 20 with 1062 viewsD_Alien

Making comparisons? on 09:28 - Sep 20 by BigDaveMyCock

No problem Reggie lad.

P.S say hello to my dad, granny and grandad will you.

Also, they're not watching over me all the time are they? Like, all the time? It's just it would be the death of my granny......................hang on!!

Disclaimer
In anticipation of experiencing the moral indignation of Rochdale AFC forum's very own Mary Whitehouse (TalkingSutty) apologies in advance to any offence caused to the memory of Reg Jenkins, Karl Marx, Mick Ronson, me dad, gran and grandad.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 9:43]

All six of them are almost certainly gently ribbing you amongst themselves as they look down this morning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024