Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As predicted 10:27 - Sep 18 with 24307 viewshitman

Coleman back at accrington
As predicted on 10:34 - Sep 18 with 7350 viewsParkinsGimp

Just posted they are doomed.
The coward and bellend will destroy them. Sorry accy fans you going back to where you came from, pity no fan deserves these two cretins at their club.
As predicted on 11:41 - Sep 18 with 7237 views49thseason

Their first coaching session will consist of:
1. Diving practice
2. Rolling in agony
3. Ganging up on referees
4. Winding up opposition players
5. 27 laps of the pitch
6. Collecting £20 from each player to miss tomorrows training
As predicted on 12:00 - Sep 18 with 7189 viewsD_Alien

As predicted on 11:41 - Sep 18 by 49thseason

Their first coaching session will consist of:
1. Diving practice
2. Rolling in agony
3. Ganging up on referees
4. Winding up opposition players
5. 27 laps of the pitch
6. Collecting £20 from each player to miss tomorrows training

Their first coaching session will probably be exactly the same as their last one at Accy - the ones that brought relative success to that club.

Whether it does so again is for the future to decide. I'm just glad he's there, rather than here.

Does seem a bit daft to predict they're automatically doomed though (not you 49th)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

As predicted on 12:17 - Sep 18 with 7118 viewslurker

Smacks of desperation from the Accy board, I am afraid, having turned him down last time to appoint Beattie.

I bet he has all sorts of perks as a result. I wonder when his first trip to Dubai will be?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 12:18]
As predicted on 12:19 - Sep 18 with 7102 viewssandylaner1

Accy away first round of FA Cup please
As predicted on 12:45 - Sep 18 with 7015 viewsolympicdale

Such a shame that I'll now be gunning for their failure..

Life is a game of fate.

As predicted on 12:49 - Sep 18 with 6995 viewsWhiteyBFC

Your dislike of Coleman reminds me very much of the dislike for Keith on our forum, by the majority. It's quite sad really. I hope 442 in particular isn't part of this thinking as it would make his posts last night on our forum seem rather hypocritical. Posts that I backed up.

Think on, pal.

Good luck to Coleman and Accrington.
As predicted on 12:53 - Sep 18 with 6979 viewsolympicdale

As predicted on 12:49 - Sep 18 by WhiteyBFC

Your dislike of Coleman reminds me very much of the dislike for Keith on our forum, by the majority. It's quite sad really. I hope 442 in particular isn't part of this thinking as it would make his posts last night on our forum seem rather hypocritical. Posts that I backed up.

Think on, pal.

Did Hill come in and rip the heart and soul out of the club, distancing the fans from every single player brought in and ruining the clubs reputation amongst fellow professionals and business's..

I can't wish any success on a club that man manages, sad it has to be Accy.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 12:55]

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

As predicted on 13:17 - Sep 18 with 6884 viewstazzydjr

Think on, pal.

Let's face it in the Championship you were the Accrington Stanley of that League till you finally dropped out of it last season, It's very understandable how you can relate to their Club both being very very similar
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 13:17]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

As predicted on 13:18 - Sep 18 with 6874 viewsFrog

As predicted on 13:17 - Sep 18 by tazzydjr

Let's face it in the Championship you were the Accrington Stanley of that League till you finally dropped out of it last season, It's very understandable how you can relate to their Club both being very very similar

Think that one may need a bit more explaining Taz!
As predicted on 13:30 - Sep 18 with 6834 viewsColDale

the problem was an inability to realise what worked at Accy would not work at Dale. But let's not forget he was a success there. In the same way Keith knows the ins and outs of Rochdale, Coleman knows the same at Accy, and there will not be the same problems with a fanbase brought up on all the side issues at Accy.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:32 - Sep 18 with 6827 viewsColDale

As predicted on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 6823 viewsolympicdale

As predicted on 13:17 - Sep 18 by tazzydjr

Huh

Life is a game of fate.

As predicted on 14:25 - Sep 18 with 6753 viewsdalenumber2

As predicted on 13:30 - Sep 18 by ColDale

the problem was an inability to realise what worked at Accy would not work at Dale. But let's not forget he was a success there. In the same way Keith knows the ins and outs of Rochdale, Coleman knows the same at Accy, and there will not be the same problems with a fanbase brought up on all the side issues at Accy.

Correct. Was he not popular at Accrington? He got them promotion into the league and kept them in the fourth tier. If he can keep them there he will have done well, and maybe he is the right man for that job even if he wasn't right for us. I hope that they can stay up.
As predicted on 14:33 - Sep 18 with 6730 viewsRotherhamDale

It's nothing like Hill at Barnsley.

Hill's teams failed on the football pitch, and he had spats with the fans.

Colemans teams weren't actually too bad results wise, but they were horrible. He signed his mates who were never going to be good enough, they dived, time wasted... they just behaved terribly, it was pathetic. We even had a player being accused of racially abusing a Dagenham player... on the Kick It Out day! Unbelievable.

Oh, what ever happened to MightyScouse?

Possession with progression.

As predicted on 14:38 - Sep 18 with 6718 viewsBrierls

We of all fans should know that some managers are a perfect fit for a particular club. Coleman was a disaster at Dale, but who's to say he can't return to Accy and do another wonder job there? We certainly shouldn't criticize the Accy board for re-appointing Coleman, it won't have gone unnoticed how Hilly's second coming has been a revelation.

In a way I am thankful for the Coleman era, it acted as the catalyst for Hilly's return. I hope Accy stay up and continue to punch above their weight.
As predicted on 14:45 - Sep 18 with 6698 viewsBrierls

As predicted on 14:33 - Sep 18 by RotherhamDale

It's nothing like Hill at Barnsley.

Hill's teams failed on the football pitch, and he had spats with the fans.

Colemans teams weren't actually too bad results wise, but they were horrible. He signed his mates who were never going to be good enough, they dived, time wasted... they just behaved terribly, it was pathetic. We even had a player being accused of racially abusing a Dagenham player... on the Kick It Out day! Unbelievable.

Oh, what ever happened to MightyScouse?

The bit about Coleman signing his mates...remind me of Hilly's signings for Barnsley? Did the Barnsley fans think they were good enough or ever going to be good enough?

Hilly and Coleman are chalk and cheese, but don't let our view of Hilly cloud your judgement. Managers like to have a core of players around them that they know and trust.

Disclaimer: This is not a defence of Coleman, he is a horrible excuse for a man and a football dinosaur.
As predicted on 14:47 - Sep 18 with 6694 viewsTalkingSutty

As predicted on 14:45 - Sep 18 by Brierls

The bit about Coleman signing his mates...remind me of Hilly's signings for Barnsley? Did the Barnsley fans think they were good enough or ever going to be good enough?

Hilly and Coleman are chalk and cheese, but don't let our view of Hilly cloud your judgement. Managers like to have a core of players around them that they know and trust.

Disclaimer: This is not a defence of Coleman, he is a horrible excuse for a man and a football dinosaur.

His sidekicks just as bad.
As predicted on 15:07 - Sep 18 with 6654 viewsDomDale

Think on, pal.

I usually agree with your posts Whitey, but you're way off the Mark here.

Dale were a top half team, a few points off the play offs the season before Coleman. Yes we had Eyre briefly. But I , like many others, believe Coleman had
More than enough time to save us. Coleman relegated us and honestly, the form we had before he was sacked I think he would have had us in the conference.

Our fans dislike him for good reason.

Barnsley have ( and no offence meant here) been a struggling Championship side for years. Keith avoided relegation on a meagre budget. Your fans hate him for apparently no reason and I. Fact some blame him for struggles even in this season. Unless you can explain otherwise?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

As predicted on 16:12 - Sep 18 with 6542 viewsReedy

As Accrington are my second team, I believe this is a good appointment.

To say they are "doomed" is quite frankly ridiculous, he is the most successful manager in their history, so that is many, many miles wide of the mark.

He knows how Accrington works, he was there for 13 years - I understand why Dale fans don't like him (his time here was horrendous) what no-one can say is that Coleman wasn't successful at Accrington, a quick peak at their recent history says he was successful, very successful.

People say he got them promotion into the football league, which is correct, but he also won 3 other promotions which often goes unnoticed.

On the racial issue, Bobby Grant was found not guilty, no more to say on that one.

"Signed all his mates" - people who had played for him before and he trusted, if that's the case I'm sure Hill is guilty of something similar.

I understand that Dale fans judge him on his time at Dale (which is perfectly understandable) but if you look into his time at Accrington, he did very well.

The vast majority of us welcomed Hill back with open arms, why cant Accrington do the same?

People say that they will now be "gunning for their failure" I don't understand that? Did you want Huddersfield to lose when Steve Eyre was in joint charge with Mark Lillis? Just because you don't like the manager - its a proper football club, with proper fans (similar to ourselves) give me Accrington Stanley over any Manchester United, Chelsea rubbish anytime.

If anyone would like to put their money where their mouth is, they won't go down, I guarantee it.

Blog: The FA Cup

As predicted on 16:32 - Sep 18 with 6476 viewsTalkingSutty

As predicted on 16:12 - Sep 18 by Reedy

To say they are "doomed" is quite frankly ridiculous, he is the most successful manager in their history, so that is many, many miles wide of the mark.

He knows how Accrington works, he was there for 13 years - I understand why Dale fans don't like him (his time here was horrendous) what no-one can say is that Coleman wasn't successful at Accrington, a quick peak at their recent history says he was successful, very successful.

People say he got them promotion into the football league, which is correct, but he also won 3 other promotions which often goes unnoticed.

On the racial issue, Bobby Grant was found not guilty, no more to say on that one.

"Signed all his mates" - people who had played for him before and he trusted, if that's the case I'm sure Hill is guilty of something similar.

I understand that Dale fans judge him on his time at Dale (which is perfectly understandable) but if you look into his time at Accrington, he did very well.

The vast majority of us welcomed Hill back with open arms, why cant Accrington do the same?

People say that they will now be "gunning for their failure" I don't understand that? Did you want Huddersfield to lose when Steve Eyre was in joint charge with Mark Lillis? Just because you don't like the manager - its a proper football club, with proper fans (similar to ourselves) give me Accrington Stanley over any Manchester United, Chelsea rubbish anytime.

If anyone would like to put their money where their mouth is, they won't go down, I guarantee it.

Understand what you are saying Reedy but it runs deeper than results with Coleman. The man was a disgrace and the team he assembled and put out in the name of Rochdale Football Club actually made life long Dale fans begin to question their loyalty to the club.

Blatant cheating, harassing officials on a regular basis and then the constant off field rumours regarding indiscipline and training ground busts ups, throw in a trip to Dubai when he should have been working and you get the picture. I spent half an hour in his company when he wanted a face to face with supporters and the meeting confirmed the pre conceived ideas I already held of him. Listening to his mate Bell tearing a strip off the club physio in front of supporters was also another unsavoury incident.

Eyre was just guilty of 'flowering up' his job application, the ones to blame for that appointment are the Chairman and directors for not being more diligent. I look on Eyre as a likeable rogue,a chancer who pulled a fast one. A different kettle of fish to Coleman and Bell.

Accrington are welcome to those two, I think they will regret it in the long run. It seems ironic that you are putting Colemans case forward,whilst fishing for a football bet at the same time. Hope you are right though I don't have a axe to grind with the club itself.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 16:51]
As predicted on 16:41 - Sep 18 with 6459 viewsColDale

As predicted on 16:12 - Sep 18 by Reedy

Hill never signed up players who weren't physically up to it or family members. How many months was Craney given when it was clear he was unfit and overweight? Was that signing to benefit Dale or to benefit Craney?

The subsequent levels that Craney and McConville played at tells its own story.
As predicted on 16:45 - Sep 18 with 6437 viewslurker

As predicted on 16:41 - Sep 18 by ColDale

Hill never signed up players who weren't physically up to it or family members. How many months was Craney given when it was clear he was unfit and overweight? Was that signing to benefit Dale or to benefit Craney?

But Craney was good in the dressing room apparently....... I mean that photo of him in a number 4 shirt with Mighty Scouse written on it was pure comedy gold!
As predicted on 16:55 - Sep 18 with 6395 viewsChaffRAFC

As predicted on 16:41 - Sep 18 by ColDale

You can add Ray Putterill to that as well.

The way we played football under Coleman was disgraceful. It took me a while to see it but when it finally dawned on me (at Morecambe away in the Cup when Bobby Grant had dived 6 times in the first half), I couldn't accept watching my football team play football that way.

I understand fully that Accrington will judge him on his time their which was successful, but I don't want to see football played that way, so I don't want to see Accrington succeed at all with him in charge because it will give him more credit than he deserves.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

As predicted on 17:11 - Sep 18 with 6343 views442Dale

Think on, pal.

You may have lost me. The main argument I had over at your board was that some people are still partly blaming Hill for where you currently are in the footballing world. They're entitled to think he's a rubbish manager, but not that he can be responsible for a relegation after Flitcroft saved you then messed it all up. And after Wilson had a go too.

I wouldn't have blamed Coleman if we were crap last season, or for any of Hill's decision making about players Coleman signed. Examples? George Donnelly - why Hill used him as much as he did was baffling at times, and it mattered little that Coleman brought him in.
Peter Cavanagh - average at best under Coleman, but it's Hill who deserves the credit for sticking with him and finding a role which suited him perfectly. There's a negative and positive about Coleman's recruitments, and he's got nowt to do with how either player contributed after he left. That was my point.

Both sets of fans are perfectly entitled to think both managers were poor at their respective clubs and if they want to transfer that to never liking them again, fine. That's up to an individual. But don't then think they're to blame for not winning the Champions League ten years later.

And personally, I enjoy all the Hill/ex player angst over there. It's really rather lovely they all care so much.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024