Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrows attendance ? 17:21 - Sep 19 with 9818 viewsMoonyDale

I'll kick it off with 3,600

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Tomorrows attendance ? on 19:09 - Sep 20 with 1861 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 17:45 - Sep 20 by Pale_Dale

3587 v Coventry and Bury get 4536 including approx 300-400 Burton fans.

.......watch out for Accy now that Soft Lad's back!" Be careful what you wish for" as the old Sage said, Accy are back!

Anyway,League 2 this year is really,really weak now that all the decent teams have moved out.
Tomorrows attendance ? on 20:44 - Sep 20 with 1731 viewspnc4eva1

Tomorrows attendance ? on 17:45 - Sep 20 by Pale_Dale

3587 v Coventry and Bury get 4536 including approx 300-400 Burton fans.

Dale will make a profit with that attendance, Bury will struggle to break even with a bigger wage bill and lower admission fee.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:04 - Sep 20 with 1697 viewsPale_Dale

Where's the money coming from as it ain't coming from your gates either? Dipping into the Hogan cash?
Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:06 - Sep 20 with 1684 viewsPale_Dale

442 Dale, you can't even buy a stadium so maybe a car parking space will suffice.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 21:09]
Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:08 - Sep 20 with 1675 viewsLondondale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:04 - Sep 20 by Pale_Dale

Where's the money coming from as it ain't coming from your gates either? Dipping into the Hogan cash?

What money? We're haven't spent a penny on transfer fees and have one of the lowest wage budgets in the league. So yes it is coming from the gates. And from add ons for players like Rickie Lambert.

To be honest, of the two clubs, I think there's only one who should be asking 'where's the money coming from'.
Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:13 - Sep 20 with 1654 viewsPale_Dale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:08 - Sep 20 by Londondale

What money? We're haven't spent a penny on transfer fees and have one of the lowest wage budgets in the league. So yes it is coming from the gates. And from add ons for players like Rickie Lambert.

To be honest, of the two clubs, I think there's only one who should be asking 'where's the money coming from'.

Rent on your stadium is a large enough expenditure to start with, increased policing costs in L1, etc. We have scrapped appearance payments and pay flat wages and I suspect they are not as high as you believe although I agree it will be higher than yours. Are you not worried that the town doesn't seem to be embracing your promotion?

I'll let you know where BFC's cash is coming from after the AGM in about 3 weeks.
Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:16 - Sep 20 with 1642 views442Dale

You have noticed that we have been selling players for years, right? It's one of the ways clubs at our level manage their finances.

We're fully aware of the issues around our gates and would like to see things done to help them improve. But at what stage has that ever been an issue while Keith Hill has been at the club? There are plenty of interviews out there where he emphasises of managing within a budget. In fact, to save you the trouble of googling, here's one from the last time we were in L1:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rochdale/9282313.stm

And another after winning promotion this year:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27309417

So as we've established how we go about things, where's the money coming from at Bury? Same question, answer please.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:22 - Sep 20 with 1609 viewsroccydaleian

Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:13 - Sep 20 by Pale_Dale

Rent on your stadium is a large enough expenditure to start with, increased policing costs in L1, etc. We have scrapped appearance payments and pay flat wages and I suspect they are not as high as you believe although I agree it will be higher than yours. Are you not worried that the town doesn't seem to be embracing your promotion?

I'll let you know where BFC's cash is coming from after the AGM in about 3 weeks.

You really think you'll see the agm? #deluded Their's summat going badly wrong at mongsville, wake up and smell the rose's pal.
Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrows attendance ? on 01:38 - Sep 21 with 1434 viewsTVOS1907

You're really not very bright, are you? (Don't answer that)

How many people paid on the day at JD/Gigg and how much did they pay?

How many people paid on the day at Spotland and how much did they pay?

You do the Math.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 2:04]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tomorrows attendance ? on 08:30 - Sep 21 with 1356 viewsPDIDDY

Tomorrows attendance ? on 01:38 - Sep 21 by TVOS1907

You're really not very bright, are you? (Don't answer that)

How many people paid on the day at JD/Gigg and how much did they pay?

How many people paid on the day at Spotland and how much did they pay?

You do the Math.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 2:04]

Bury sold how many season tickets? Dale sold how many season tickets? I don't know so cannot hazard a guess as to how many paid on the day. Great crowd for us tbh, 300 away fans was poor, how many cov? A Daley who drinks in Bury said 300 , dezzy said 1000, I know you lot have a few extra fingers but that's a bit of a difference

Gissa job

Tomorrows attendance ? on 08:34 - Sep 21 with 1357 viewsdingdangblue

Oh dear, not the sharpest tool in the box are you? Dont know about Pale Dale? More like Dim Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tomorrows attendance ? on 09:21 - Sep 21 with 1307 viewsPale_Dale

As they issued a statement this week confirming the AGM will be held in the next few weeks and invites going out over the coming days, I would say it is going to happen.
Tomorrows attendance ? on 09:45 - Sep 21 with 1285 viewsPale_Dale

It's a shame a few have to resort to insults because they are not capable of a debate.

If we are going to suggest you made a bigger profit than Bury yesterday lets consider.

1. What is your wage bill and what is Bury's? Oh that's right you don't know either.
2. What was your policing bill yesterday? Ours was nil.
3. How much did you pay in appearance fees?
4. How many of your squad had a %increase promotion clause in their contract?
5. Do you think Bury are paying Championship wages in L2 when players are begging for clubs?
6. How much corporate did you sell, beer sales to extra fans etc?
7. What is your split of season tickets between full paying and concession? That's right you don't now. Fenton once told me ours was mainly concessions so I expect yours will be similar. Therefore gap in ticket prices is not that great.
8. How much did you bring in yesterday from paying fans? I'll try and help you with that.
9. How much rental do you pay for the stadium?
10. FFP means we can only pay 55% of turnover on salaries, you can pay up to 60%
11. You get a slightly higher tv revenue but we got the JD deal which will be a bigger income source.

I'm sure I don't need to go on. Selling season tickets cheaper isn't going to make a huge difference.

Most season tickets at this level are concession i.e over 60s so lets work it on an average.

Say we sold 1800 season tickets at an average of £130 = £234k leaves us yesterday with 2700 people paying an average of £12 = £32,400.

Say you sold around 1400 season tickets at an average of £170 (overstated considerably to stop you moaning) = £348k leaves you with 2000 people paying an average of £15 = £30k.

So the cheaper tickets are maybe costing us £100k - £200k per year and we have already established your running costs are probably higher. The point about salaries is purely speculation. We have smaller squad that Dale and players like Tutte and Soares are not being paid fortunes. The scrapping of appearance payments has been confirmed as funding Lowe, Nardiello, Mayor and Rose.

I'm being generous with your figures there because if your season tickets are mainly oap (like ours were before price drops) then the gap will be closer because I would argue most of our additional sales are for adults as it is now more affordable.

Like I said, it's speculation either way but at the end of the day no one knows so suggesting someone is dim for having a view that is no more valid than your own frankly says more about you buy hey ho.

This post relates purely about income from yesterday and not finances as a whole because until the AGM we do not know if there is a secret backer. I suspect the loans obtained relate to the new training ground and main stand rather than day to day running.

The only real difference here is that you have received some transfer revenue which is not guaranteed year in year out. I would like to think we have an exciting predominantly young squad and have potentially saleable assets of our own.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 10:05]
Tomorrows attendance ? on 09:59 - Sep 21 with 1258 viewsdownunder

Tomorrows attendance ? on 21:06 - Sep 20 by Pale_Dale

442 Dale, you can't even buy a stadium so maybe a car parking space will suffice.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 21:09]

We do have the money to buy the Stadium, but the Egg chasers(RL) will not sell their share.
There is someone who has a better grasp of bury's finances. He occasionally posts on here.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/125216/go-bust/#41
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 10:03]
Tomorrows attendance ? on 10:06 - Sep 21 with 1238 views1907

Tomorrows attendance ? on 09:45 - Sep 21 by Pale_Dale

It's a shame a few have to resort to insults because they are not capable of a debate.

If we are going to suggest you made a bigger profit than Bury yesterday lets consider.

1. What is your wage bill and what is Bury's? Oh that's right you don't know either.
5. Do you think Bury are paying Championship wages in L2 when players are begging for clubs?
7. What is your split of season tickets between full paying and concession? That's right you don't now. Fenton once told me ours was mainly concessions so I expect yours will be similar. Therefore gap in ticket prices is not that great.
8. How much did you bring in yesterday from paying fans? I'll try and help you with that.
10. FFP means we can only pay 55% of turnover on salaries, you can pay up to 60%
11. You get a slightly higher tv revenue but we got the JD deal which will be a bigger income source.

I'm sure I don't need to go on. Selling season tickets cheaper isn't going to make a huge difference.

Most season tickets at this level are concession i.e over 60s so lets work it on an average.

Say we sold 1800 season tickets at an average of £130 = £234k leaves us yesterday with 2700 people paying an average of £12 = £32,400.

Say you sold around 1400 season tickets at an average of £170 (overstated considerably to stop you moaning) = £348k leaves you with 2000 people paying an average of £15 = £30k.

So the cheaper tickets are maybe costing us £100k - £200k per year and we have already established your running costs are probably higher. The point about salaries is purely speculation. We have smaller squad that Dale and players like Tutte and Soares are not being paid fortunes. The scrapping of appearance payments has been confirmed as funding Lowe, Nardiello, Mayor and Rose.

I'm being generous with your figures there because if your season tickets are mainly oap (like ours were before price drops) then the gap will be closer because I would argue most of our additional sales are for adults as it is now more affordable.

Like I said, it's speculation either way but at the end of the day no one knows so suggesting someone is dim for having a view that is no more valid than your own frankly says more about you buy hey ho.

This post relates purely about income from yesterday and not finances as a whole because until the AGM we do not know if there is a secret backer. I suspect the loans obtained relate to the new training ground and main stand rather than day to day running.

The only real difference here is that you have received some transfer revenue which is not guaranteed year in year out. I would like to think we have an exciting predominantly young squad and have potentially saleable assets of our own.

Cool story bro.

Obsessed.
Tomorrows attendance ? on 10:08 - Sep 21 with 1156 viewsPale_Dale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 09:59 - Sep 21 by downunder

We do have the money to buy the Stadium, but the Egg chasers(RL) will not sell their share.
There is someone who has a better grasp of bury's finances. He occasionally posts on here.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/125216/go-bust/#41
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 10:03]

Diddy is a good lad and I have met him a few times.

I presume you are referring to his comments that "£250 for ours, all stands, your sandy lane gotta be cheaper than £333, our commercial dept are dragging money in at a good rate, something we've never had before tbh".
Tomorrows attendance ? on 10:09 - Sep 21 with 1154 viewsPale_Dale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 10:06 - Sep 21 by 1907

Cool story bro.

Obsessed.

Thanks for the feedback pal.
Tomorrows attendance ? on 10:21 - Sep 21 with 1130 viewsColDale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 08:30 - Sep 21 by PDIDDY

Bury sold how many season tickets? Dale sold how many season tickets? I don't know so cannot hazard a guess as to how many paid on the day. Great crowd for us tbh, 300 away fans was poor, how many cov? A Daley who drinks in Bury said 300 , dezzy said 1000, I know you lot have a few extra fingers but that's a bit of a difference

880 Cov fans
Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:11 - Sep 21 with 1085 viewsdingdangblue

Point number 1: what is your wage bill and what is bury's? You don't know? - this just makes your comment about having to use the Hogan money pointless.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:21 - Sep 21 with 1072 viewsPale_Dale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:11 - Sep 21 by dingdangblue

Point number 1: what is your wage bill and what is bury's? You don't know? - this just makes your comment about having to use the Hogan money pointless.

Along with the tens of threads on here speculating for the past year or so. I can't see you remarking on any of them.

See point 10 re FFP but of course lets not stop these small matters getting in front of a good story about us paying top whack when league rules prevent that.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 11:25]
Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:30 - Sep 21 with 1061 viewsdingdangblue

Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:21 - Sep 21 by Pale_Dale

Along with the tens of threads on here speculating for the past year or so. I can't see you remarking on any of them.

See point 10 re FFP but of course lets not stop these small matters getting in front of a good story about us paying top whack when league rules prevent that.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 11:25]

What are the loans being used for then ? Do they count towards you 55%?

Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:31 - Sep 21 with 1057 viewsaleanddale

Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:11 - Sep 21 by dingdangblue

He had a nice time though and if it makes him feel better!!

That JD money is some pot of cash its bottomless it seems!!

3 letters sum up bURY.

AGM.

One thing they have done to be admired is get 4000 home fans on a seat at 3pm on a Saturday.

We managed 2700 yesterday.

Working progress and the on pitch product is as good as it gets at Spotland so we really need to keep trying as a club to increase this number slowly but surely.

I still think we should target the Gillingham Game in a few weeks to try something completely different as even with the good football if we do nothing it will be a sub 3000 gate.
Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:41 - Sep 21 with 1038 views442Dale

Ok, will pick up on one point, why are Bury not paying for police?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tomorrows attendance ? on 12:03 - Sep 21 with 1018 viewsRAFCBLUE

Some other questions to add to your 11 PD:

12) How/Who is funding the interest on the money that has been borrowed by Buryfc?
13) If that interest is being rolled up (as in added to the sum outstanding) how does the end amount get repaid or refinanced
14) Why can I get a marketing brochure for the flats that are to be built on the bury social club?
15) Why are buryfc selling off 292 car park spaces at £10k a pop
16) Why is your club incapable of holding a fans forum or AGM in the UK?
17) is a outline planning permission for housing filed yet for Lower Gigg?

I have no doubt the buryfc team put out for Flitcroft injury and suspension permitting will see you into the top 7, but I watched Dale beaten at Wembley by a team of Championship players who then saw their funding stream withdrawn by their backer. Google Stockport County.

Add to that in my lifetime I've seen what is happening at bury being done at York, Brighton and Hove Albion, Wrexham, Luton, Charlton, Crystal Palace and Leeds. And I've probably missed some there!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Tomorrows attendance ? on 12:43 - Sep 21 with 985 viewsTVOS1907

Tomorrows attendance ? on 11:41 - Sep 21 by 442Dale

Ok, will pick up on one point, why are Bury not paying for police?

Perhaps they didn't have any yesterday. After all, their hooligans that need policing only turn out when they play us.

And does this pale character really think the likes of Adams, Lowe and Rose left their respective clubs for the love of playing for bury?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024