Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic game. 17:13 - Sep 20 with 13542 viewsRotherhamDale

What an absolutely brilliant game. 100mph all the way through. Fantastic battling from both teams.

Loved it. Up the Dale.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:16]

Possession with progression.

Fantastic game. on 20:26 - Sep 20 with 2731 viewsShun

A fantastic game. Coventry were really good but the commitment, tenacity, and passion on show from every Dale player today was incredible and it made me so proud. I was a bit surprised at Tanser's man of the match award - I would've given it to the outstanding O'Connell. I thought Tanser, while excellent defensively as usual, let himself down slightly with his distribution. Maybe I was seeing things but I'm sure most of his passes failed to find their man. I'm nit-picking though, especially against one so young and with such potential, as really everyone was fantastic today. Awesome Dawson continues to prove he's vital to this team, and O'Connell is developing a Cavanagh-like clean sheet record.
Fantastic game. on 20:26 - Sep 20 with 2727 viewsrich_dale

Great solid team performance and at times in the second half the intensity and tempo was amazing. Allen, Dawson, Vincenti and Tanser were fantastic, just edged for MOM by O'Connell IMO who was immense all game. We are starting to look like a proper team.
Fantastic game. on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 2722 viewsdalebolt

Agree with most of the points made. I thought coventry were a very good footballing side today and the fact we matched the doesn't surprise me but we mixed it with them as well today. So far this I think we have been out muscled by some of the supposed better teams in this division but Dawson has given us that physical presence on the pitch and it appears to be rubbing off on others, being that bit more physical. Which is very much needed in this division. Can't fault anybody again today, agreed Fantastic game.
Fantastic game. on 20:29 - Sep 20 with 2715 viewsrochedale

Best £20 I have spent for a while, would pay that just to watch Dawson tackle, that guy is a machine!

Thought Dawson just edged Tanser in MOM stakes but really pleased Tanser got it. He has an incredible change of pace and accelerates away just as you think he is going to pass.

All gave 100% and you could see that at the end of the game. Great win.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Fantastic game. on 20:37 - Sep 20 with 2674 viewsfrenzied

solid at the back ,2 great saves by Logan,lucky to be ahead at half time,,we had very little possession in the first half,goalie should have been sent off, 2 or 3 great chances in the second half.one hit post another right along the six yard box ,very impressed with work rate and fitness, Dawson was excellent,a terrific second half performance against a good coventry side
Fantastic game. on 20:41 - Sep 20 with 2650 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Fantastic game. on 19:55 - Sep 20 by ChaffRAFC

Jamie Allen was incredible today. He was my MOM but Tanser and Dawson were also brilliant.

I love watching Jamie Allen play because he reminds me of Paul Scholes in the way he plays. He's so calm on the ball and is always looking up for options but doesn't panic when closed down. He also has an unbelievable ability to keep hold of the ball and play a pass in very tight areas.

This boy is going to make us some serious cash.

Jamie Allen can tackle.
Fantastic game. on 20:49 - Sep 20 with 2593 views442Dale

Fantastic game. on 18:33 - Sep 20 by ColDale

In the mind of Cov fans, they've lost to little Rochdale. They won't see us for the side that we are. Long may it continue.

Just seen the pen on SSN. Yellow card was the right decision.

Seen it too now.

We'd not be happy if our keeper had seen red in such a situation. Confirming that the ref didn't deserve the reception he got at half and full time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fantastic game. on 21:15 - Sep 20 with 2487 viewsKenBoon

No idea how it wasn't a "clear goalscoring opportunity". He he got around him it was an open goal from 5 yards and an okay angle. Keeper was very lucky... unless of course they've finally changed the law so if a penalty is given its not automatically a red card. Ultimately he maybe did Hery a favour because he looked to be panicking, and we scored, so it doesn't matter.

We were really good today. What strikes me about this Team is we don't play like a lower league side. The instructions are to love the ball and possession and we do that. It takes talented and well versed players to do that and we have them. Allen is something else. It's an absolute pleasure to watch Rochdale right now. Win lose or Draw I don't care, just keep this approach and we'll be more than fine this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic game. on 21:22 - Sep 20 with 2453 viewsDaley_Lama

"It's an absolute pleasure to watch Rochdale right now. Win lose or Draw I don't care"

That is my thinking all the way.

I remember somebody posting that they would rather watch our brand of football and go down over Bradford's hoof it to Mmm Bop style, which I agreed with too.

Ironically, our current style DOES have a direct line to Vincenti's noggin but that is but a facit of our game.

Poll: DF in or out

Fantastic game. on 21:23 - Sep 20 with 2447 views49thseason

considering that was 3 games in 8 days these Dale players must be the fittest ever to wear the shirt. Matt Done must have sprinted miles this afternoon no wonder 2 of their defenders got yellows, he never gave them a moment's peace. When its hard to pick a MOM you just know there is something unprecedented happening at Spotland.
Fantastic game. on 22:22 - Sep 20 with 2285 viewsdownunder

What a turn round in the past month. In August we were arguing whether Donnelly was not League 1, crap, poor, or just sh*t.
Now we argue over which of half a dozen players was the MOM.
Long may it continue.
Fantastic game. on 22:23 - Sep 20 with 2272 viewsRotherhamDale

Look at today, rochdale were wan*. Some decent moves but essentially just long punts up field and scored a penalty to win it. I don't like alsopp but I don't recall him making many saves. Alright they hit the post but we defended that cross like a pub team.

We have had so much money in over the last year and up front we have a 6 month loan and a 1 year unheard striker for the last 2-3 years. Both don't look too bad don't get me wrong but with keeping Clarke and Wilson we would of ran circles round their imo fat overweight defenders.

It really hurts me to lose to a wa*k rochdale side who had no real stars and not set possession. Played hoof ball and won by a shitty penalty. But they won and fair play. We should be better than that but we lost.

A post from the Coventry forum.

Possession with progression.

Fantastic game. on 22:30 - Sep 20 with 2255 viewslove_the_dale

A game and a half that was! Two excellent sides. As at Sheffield Utd., very little between the teams in general play. The difference today was that we had more chances than they had to put the game away and so deserved to win. I came away from the game absolutely exhausted. Never shouted and chanted as much before from the MS, and never made so many tackles and shots! I fully expect to be cramping up tomorrow.

The fact that there are so many different opinions on here re MOM says it all. I would have give it to Jamie Allen, but couldn't argue with Vincente, Tanser, O'Connell, Dawson, Eastham, Done, Logan, Rafferty, Héry, Hendo - oops that's everyone, but I have tried the impossible - to put them in order of preference! I did think Hendo had one of his quieter games.

What about Hilly's choices? Leaves two strikers, who have played well, off the bench and brings in a popular defender/midfielder, who has done little wrong in the past, and yet another youth team player with such a bright future. The courage of the man. Not only that, but when a lot of managers would be defending a 1 - 0 lead against a top team, he brings on an attacker for a midfield player and then throws on the said youngster, who shows no nerves and almost scores a dream goal!
Fantastic game. on 23:08 - Sep 20 with 2161 views442Dale

Were Fenelon and Andrew injured?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fantastic game. on 23:24 - Sep 20 with 2123 viewsCreepy

Fantastic game. on 21:15 - Sep 20 by KenBoon

No idea how it wasn't a "clear goalscoring opportunity". He he got around him it was an open goal from 5 yards and an okay angle. Keeper was very lucky... unless of course they've finally changed the law so if a penalty is given its not automatically a red card. Ultimately he maybe did Hery a favour because he looked to be panicking, and we scored, so it doesn't matter.

We were really good today. What strikes me about this Team is we don't play like a lower league side. The instructions are to love the ball and possession and we do that. It takes talented and well versed players to do that and we have them. Allen is something else. It's an absolute pleasure to watch Rochdale right now. Win lose or Draw I don't care, just keep this approach and we'll be more than fine this season.

Re: the penalty

For me it has to be a red card. If that was a defender bringing Hery down with the keeper on the line it's a red card all day. Ref bottled it. Thought Coventry were excellent today and I don't think we'll see many better teams up at Spotland this season. Shows how far we've come that we're competing and beating teams like this. Still think survival should be the goal, we can but dream of more !
Fantastic game. on 23:25 - Sep 20 with 2069 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fantastic game. on 23:08 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

Were Fenelon and Andrew injured?

.......in a similar vein,it's probably been a great benefit to Dale that Reda Johnson got sent off last week.......bit of a beast!
Fantastic game. on 23:34 - Sep 20 with 2033 viewsNewbury_Dale

Have Blackburn honestly got two centre halves better than Jack O' Connell ? Not that I'm complaining but he looks far too good for this level IMO
Fantastic game. on 23:47 - Sep 20 with 2000 viewsShun

Fantastic game. on 21:22 - Sep 20 by Daley_Lama

"It's an absolute pleasure to watch Rochdale right now. Win lose or Draw I don't care"

That is my thinking all the way.

I remember somebody posting that they would rather watch our brand of football and go down over Bradford's hoof it to Mmm Bop style, which I agreed with too.

Ironically, our current style DOES have a direct line to Vincenti's noggin but that is but a facit of our game.

Yep, that was me and I stand by it. I also agree with Ken's post that whatever the result, it's such a pleasure watching us at the moment. There hasn't been a match this season I haven't thoroughly enjoyed (I didn't go to Chesterfield).

The comments from Coventry fans are disappointing but not unexplainable. Whilst we rightly see ourselves as a flowing team of pass-masters, today wasn't so much what we're used to. It certainly worked though and it's actually quite comforting to know we're able to change tactics like we did today with such facileness and effectivity.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 23:48]
Fantastic game. on 23:54 - Sep 20 with 1970 viewsSaxonDale

Fantastic game. on 23:47 - Sep 20 by Shun

Yep, that was me and I stand by it. I also agree with Ken's post that whatever the result, it's such a pleasure watching us at the moment. There hasn't been a match this season I haven't thoroughly enjoyed (I didn't go to Chesterfield).

The comments from Coventry fans are disappointing but not unexplainable. Whilst we rightly see ourselves as a flowing team of pass-masters, today wasn't so much what we're used to. It certainly worked though and it's actually quite comforting to know we're able to change tactics like we did today with such facileness and effectivity.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 23:48]

I also agree. I remember going to Burton v Rochdale under Coleman and being virtually uninterested despite it ending 3-2 simply because I didn't enjoy the way we were playing. Under Hill I enjoy going to games more than ever, despite having seen us win only twice I think since he rejoined (missed another cracker today by the sounds of things.)
Fantastic game. on 01:48 - Sep 21 with 1840 viewsShun

Fantastic game. on 23:54 - Sep 20 by SaxonDale

I also agree. I remember going to Burton v Rochdale under Coleman and being virtually uninterested despite it ending 3-2 simply because I didn't enjoy the way we were playing. Under Hill I enjoy going to games more than ever, despite having seen us win only twice I think since he rejoined (missed another cracker today by the sounds of things.)

Only twice?! I thought you were a TDS regular!
Fantastic game. on 02:14 - Sep 21 with 1827 viewsTVOS1907

Fantastic game. on 20:06 - Sep 20 by roccydaleian

Do one lol. It was very close for the mom today, but I think it was a good call. By the way, it was my decision on the mom today.True story.

"No, I won't be mentioning it online"

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Fantastic game. on 09:45 - Sep 21 with 1591 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Fantastic game. on 02:14 - Sep 21 by TVOS1907

"No, I won't be mentioning it online"

Gene Simmons was a guest on Through The Keyhole this week. Some pad he has!
Fantastic game. on 10:25 - Sep 21 with 1545 viewsDanny1907

Fantastic game. on 22:23 - Sep 20 by RotherhamDale

Look at today, rochdale were wan*. Some decent moves but essentially just long punts up field and scored a penalty to win it. I don't like alsopp but I don't recall him making many saves. Alright they hit the post but we defended that cross like a pub team.

We have had so much money in over the last year and up front we have a 6 month loan and a 1 year unheard striker for the last 2-3 years. Both don't look too bad don't get me wrong but with keeping Clarke and Wilson we would of ran circles round their imo fat overweight defenders.

It really hurts me to lose to a wa*k rochdale side who had no real stars and not set possession. Played hoof ball and won by a shitty penalty. But they won and fair play. We should be better than that but we lost.

I love comments like that, it happened last time we were in league one when the 'big' teams came to Dale and expected to win, then when they lose they have to react like that. They aren't what they used to be, they're competing in the same league as us and we beat them and deservedly so, it's not a cup match in which we fluked a win. Let's hope for more reactions like this because it's wonderful.

Allen was my MOM today but Dawson is a gem, the tenacity and the will to win that he has is going to rub off on all of the team. A proud Dale fan again this morning, what a joy to watch.
Fantastic game. on 11:04 - Sep 21 with 1490 viewsaleanddale

Wow Wow Wow!!

Dawson would have shaded MOM for me but as per midweek every player who crossed that white line put in a fantastic performance.

I have been thinking back over the last 30 years and i cannot remember a better dale side when we have not got the ball!! they are like rabid dogs hunting to get it back and will not rest until its back in our control- Fantastic stuff...

I love the fact we can do it all and mix up the style of play.. the Vincenti outlet is working a treat but we are equally happy passing through sides as well.

Special mention to Tanser / O Connell / Eastham at the back but also Done who quite simply ran his socks off pressing the Cov back line all afternoon.

Think the ref just about got it right with the yellow but it so easily could have been a red.

Awesome save from Logan near the end a really brave diving block.

6 points in the week and all week to prepare for a trip to Orient next Saturday.

Chuffed to bits.

Keith Hill is a footballing genius. This side just gets better and better.
Fantastic game. on 11:23 - Sep 21 with 1466 viewsKenBoon

Fantastic game. on 22:23 - Sep 20 by RotherhamDale

It's funny how a few weeks ago they were crying about their owners and being unable to play in Coventry. It was the duty of Football everywhere to support them. I mean, who'd have thought that Venture Capitalists would actually want to make money. Now it's celebration time as they're back home, they're getting huge crowds and they're Billy big b0ll0cks again.

I do like "Alright they hit the post but we defended that cross like a pub team". I know from personal experience that I could certainly win a Gold medal at the olympics because that Bolt fella is wan*. Alright he's about twice or maybe three times as fast as me, but that's because i'm slow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024