Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic game. 17:13 - Sep 20 with 13613 viewsRotherhamDale

What an absolutely brilliant game. 100mph all the way through. Fantastic battling from both teams.

Loved it. Up the Dale.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:16]

Possession with progression.

Fantastic game. on 17:20 - Sep 20 with 6642 viewsYouTubeDale

Tanser is a special player and deserved MOM. Again a real TEAM performance. We deserved the win and it would have been an injustice if they equalised. Why wasn't their goalie sent off for taking Hery down? A clear scoring opportunity.

We battled and battled, exemplified by Dawson. This team has spirit in abundance, they want it far more than the opposition. We've got some team here. How far will they go? A play-off place would n't surprise me.

Just a real shame Bell couldn't convert his chance, not his fault, just unlucky. It would have been a fairy-tale goal.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:22]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Fantastic game. on 17:22 - Sep 20 with 6632 views442Dale

It was a fascinating game to watch. Tanser, Dawson and O'Connell we're stand out performers but you could easily choose most others too.

Really surprised at the reaction to the ref by the main stand, as he had a very good game. No need for that at all. The pen might have been a red or it might not, need to see it again, but he got most decisions right. Look at his handling of the excellent Dawson who was allowed to produce a full-blooded display without fear of a ref being all over him, if anything when he was pulled up for fouls it was correct every time and he probably wouldn't have complained at getting a yellow for accumulated fouls - except this ref didn't, he just manage the game really well.

Top result.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fantastic game. on 17:26 - Sep 20 with 6563 viewsboromat

Agree 100% great drama. I don't think that was the best footballing performance we've seen but you can never fault our work rate and commitment. Those 3 points have to be dedicated to the defensive display today as a team we were brilliant at the back.

Early on Dawson wasn't showing the energy that he was on Tuesday and switching him and Hery around was one of the big turning points in the game along with the penalty of course. Keeper would have seen red on another day.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fantastic game. on 17:40 - Sep 20 with 6438 viewsD_Alien

Fantastic game. on 17:22 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

It was a fascinating game to watch. Tanser, Dawson and O'Connell we're stand out performers but you could easily choose most others too.

Really surprised at the reaction to the ref by the main stand, as he had a very good game. No need for that at all. The pen might have been a red or it might not, need to see it again, but he got most decisions right. Look at his handling of the excellent Dawson who was allowed to produce a full-blooded display without fear of a ref being all over him, if anything when he was pulled up for fouls it was correct every time and he probably wouldn't have complained at getting a yellow for accumulated fouls - except this ref didn't, he just manage the game really well.

Top result.

Got to agree.

Thought the ref had a decent game, and from my vantage point in the Pearl St I thought Hery had created quite a tight angle for himself after rounding the keeper, so the yellow was probably ok although another ref might have produced red.

Too many outstanding displays to pick out a MoM but got to mention Vincenti (playing a more central role and looking a lot more composed on the ball today), Tanser, Hery, Allen, Eastham and Dawson. The ones I haven't mentioned were simply very good!

Coventry are a very good football team at L1 level, even though they never really created a clear-cut chance. But Dale... well, I'm stuck for words. But how about this: first time round in 2010/11 we were all living a kind of dream; this time, the dream is starting to come true!!

[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fantastic game. on 17:41 - Sep 20 with 6429 viewsolympicdale

Fantastic game. on 17:22 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

Top result.

I actually thought the ref had a decent enough game, it wasn't a red card for me, Hery nearly ballsed up the chance, just shoot first time! He was then going wide, hense the yellow card in my eyes. The game was such high intensity, a fantastic advert for L1, two quality teams going at each other, playing the right way. For me the MOM was split between O'Connell and Eastham, keeping Nouble and Jackson relatively quiet was a great achievement, and the worldy save from Logan can not be overlooked. Bunney for me needs to go out on loan, he was a spectator for most of his time on the pitch, not making runs or anticipating moves, looked out of his depth sadly.

Fantastic victory looking at the 2 squads, with them being able to bring on Marcus Tudguy, still there is no doubt this Dale side will not be pushed around by anyone, Dawsons sliding lunge typified the squad ethic to a tea.

Life is a game of fate.

Fantastic game. on 17:46 - Sep 20 with 6369 viewsleedsdale

This is the first comment I've found from the Cov forum that references how we played:

"Thought today was very poor, more so than the stats will show. Rochdale although uninspiring did the basics well. Won the ball and played it long in the first half. They had a midget in the middle of the park who just broke up play, ran, turned inside and give it wide. When we won possession at the back we tried to play it simple in tight spaces and often gave the ball away. They had less players in those situations and played it simple back to the keeper who cleared, something we seem very reluctant to do. Once again we offer up possession and chances far too easy. Swanson was very poor when he came on, could not play a simple pass but Hines I thought looked very good, easily MOM. And the ref was as poor as I've seen in a very long time."

Gutted I couldn't make it today!
Fantastic game. on 18:33 - Sep 20 with 6072 viewsColDale

Fantastic game. on 17:46 - Sep 20 by leedsdale

This is the first comment I've found from the Cov forum that references how we played:

"Thought today was very poor, more so than the stats will show. Rochdale although uninspiring did the basics well. Won the ball and played it long in the first half. They had a midget in the middle of the park who just broke up play, ran, turned inside and give it wide. When we won possession at the back we tried to play it simple in tight spaces and often gave the ball away. They had less players in those situations and played it simple back to the keeper who cleared, something we seem very reluctant to do. Once again we offer up possession and chances far too easy. Swanson was very poor when he came on, could not play a simple pass but Hines I thought looked very good, easily MOM. And the ref was as poor as I've seen in a very long time."

Gutted I couldn't make it today!

In the mind of Cov fans, they've lost to little Rochdale. They won't see us for the side that we are. Long may it continue.

Just seen the pen on SSN. Yellow card was the right decision.
Fantastic game. on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 6031 viewsDale23years

Fantastic game. on 18:33 - Sep 20 by ColDale

In the mind of Cov fans, they've lost to little Rochdale. They won't see us for the side that we are. Long may it continue.

Agree about yellow card. Excellent performance today both Walsall and Coventry fans said we played long balls,me must off been watching different games to them
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 18:37]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic game. on 18:43 - Sep 20 with 5977 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I always thought that the ref was going to be an "equaliser"........to give them something,a penalty or red card,just to even things up.

Luckily,our stalwart defence did n't give him the chance to do it!

Some of Dawson's crunching tackles were just that crunching,ouch!
Fantastic game. on 18:45 - Sep 20 with 5961 views442Dale

What decisions did the ref get wrong?

Fantastic game. on 18:48 - Sep 20 with 5932 views442Dale

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/pressley-post-rochdale-200914-1928875.aspx

Pressley going all Cantwell.

"I just feel though that if we want to move forward these are the kinds of places that you need to come to and win."

Fantastic game. on 18:49 - Sep 20 with 5926 viewsfirgrovedale51

Fantastic game. on 18:45 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

What decisions did the ref get wrong?

Most of them
Fantastic game. on 18:51 - Sep 20 with 5916 viewsrod_leach

There were a few times in the first half where he gave Cov a foul whenever their
players appeared to throw themselves to the ground without much/any contact. Thought he was fine in the 2nd half.
Fantastic game. on 19:03 - Sep 20 with 5826 viewsMancDale

Fantastic game. on 18:37 - Sep 20 by Dale23years

Agree about yellow card. Excellent performance today both Walsall and Coventry fans said we played long balls,me must off been watching different games to them
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 18:37]

Think we were quite direct today and to a lesser extent on Tuesday. The high ball for Vincenti to flick on has become a big part of how we play. Personally I don't have any problem with that though. We have a team now that can not only pass a team to death but has the ability to go direct when needed.

The work rate from both sides was very impressive today which meant that with players getting closed down quickly much more passes were going long. Coventry were just as guilty of playing long balls so not sure what they are complaining about.
Fantastic game. on 19:10 - Sep 20 with 5776 viewsleonardrafc

You only have to read some comments on Twitter to realise these lot think they are too big of a club to lose to the likes of us
Fantastic game. on 19:17 - Sep 20 with 5718 viewsTVOS1907

Fantastic game. on 18:43 - Sep 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

I always thought that the ref was going to be an "equaliser"........to give them something,a penalty or red card,just to even things up.

Luckily,our stalwart defence did n't give him the chance to do it!

Some of Dawson's crunching tackles were just that crunching,ouch!

What was there to even up?

Penalty correct. Yellow card could have gone either way, but probably correct.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fantastic game. on 19:38 - Sep 20 with 5588 viewsDaveDave

Fantastic game. on 18:33 - Sep 20 by ColDale

Yes indeed ColDale, we are a team that are advancing under the radar.

Fantastic game. on 19:42 - Sep 20 with 5544 viewsArthurDaley

Thought Jamie Allan was fantastic again today, along with some crunching tackles from Dawson. Thought the ref got one decision right, when he disallowed the Coventry goal.

A large VAT Dave

Fantastic game. on 19:54 - Sep 20 with 5464 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Fantastic game. on 19:10 - Sep 20 by leonardrafc

You only have to read some comments on Twitter to realise these lot think they are too big of a club to lose to the likes of us

You'd think they would be getting used to it by now. We've won 6, drawn 2 and lost only once to Coventry!
Fantastic game. on 19:55 - Sep 20 with 5457 viewsChaffRAFC

Jamie Allen was incredible today. He was my MOM but Tanser and Dawson were also brilliant.

I love watching Jamie Allen play because he reminds me of Paul Scholes in the way he plays. He's so calm on the ball and is always looking up for options but doesn't panic when closed down. He also has an unbelievable ability to keep hold of the ball and play a pass in very tight areas.

This boy is going to make us some serious cash.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Fantastic game. on 19:56 - Sep 20 with 5447 viewsRAFC1907

I thought we were well organised from minute 1 to minute 95 today.

First 25 mins Coventry had a lot of the ball, but we stuck with runners, man marked well, and limited their chances, it looked as though Allen was doing more of the pressing for us in first half, with tremendous energy, well backed up by Hery and Dawson.

When we got the goal we took control, saw the half out killed the game, I like the way we have confidence to keep the ball and knock it back to the keeper, Logan who's distribution is second to none and what an awesome save.

Second half saw Dawsons emergence as a real hardcore machine, he seemed to be holding more in the second half and those tackles were just what we needed, the amount of times Coventrys players ran at us and he just nailed them, won the ball back and got us up the field.

Coventry had alot of the ball for the last 15 minutes but each time we broke we looked dangerous and very unfortunate not to get a second with the chances we had.

Jim O'Brien for Coventry in my eyes was their stand out player, he was very tidy on the ball and used it well, Dawson nailed him a few times and Allen plus Vincenti got in his face well.

Scott Tanser, what can I say, composed, confident, slick, what a player he is, never affraid to take players on being brave on the ball and some solid tackles also.

Jack O'Connell was a another brick wall at the back, won everything and Eastham also good with the ball at his feet, a good partnership.

Raff had a solid game, composed like Tanser and never affraid to bomb on, like Bennett who also played well when he came on.

Matty Done, Hendo, Vincenti, caused them problems no end, we played some super football today, Bunney/Bell came on and added a threat, positive running and confidence.

Everyone from me had a smashing game just incase you havent already guessed ;) our energy is a real problem for any side in this division, Coventry City are no mugs, they will be up there come the end of the season but they have to realise we Rochdale Football Club are a cracking side.

Thanks Sir Keith and Mr Beech, my weekend just got a whole lot better.

Poll: Bottomley...

Fantastic game. on 19:57 - Sep 20 with 5433 viewsjudd

Fantastic game. on 19:55 - Sep 20 by ChaffRAFC

Jamie Allen was incredible today. He was my MOM but Tanser and Dawson were also brilliant.

I love watching Jamie Allen play because he reminds me of Paul Scholes in the way he plays. He's so calm on the ball and is always looking up for options but doesn't panic when closed down. He also has an unbelievable ability to keep hold of the ball and play a pass in very tight areas.

This boy is going to make us some serious cash.

Hilly waited for him and Vincenti to leave the pitch after the game and had a long chat then hug with Jamie. He was simply awesome. But for Dawson's second half heroics, he was MoM in my opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fantastic game. on 20:06 - Sep 20 with 5372 viewsroccydaleian

Fantastic game. on 19:57 - Sep 20 by judd

Hilly waited for him and Vincenti to leave the pitch after the game and had a long chat then hug with Jamie. He was simply awesome. But for Dawson's second half heroics, he was MoM in my opinion.

Do one lol. It was very close for the mom today, but I think it was a good call. By the way, it was my decision on the mom today.True story.
Fantastic game. on 20:08 - Sep 20 with 5355 viewsrobbowood

Fantastic game. on 19:56 - Sep 20 by RAFC1907

I thought we were well organised from minute 1 to minute 95 today.

First 25 mins Coventry had a lot of the ball, but we stuck with runners, man marked well, and limited their chances, it looked as though Allen was doing more of the pressing for us in first half, with tremendous energy, well backed up by Hery and Dawson.

When we got the goal we took control, saw the half out killed the game, I like the way we have confidence to keep the ball and knock it back to the keeper, Logan who's distribution is second to none and what an awesome save.

Second half saw Dawsons emergence as a real hardcore machine, he seemed to be holding more in the second half and those tackles were just what we needed, the amount of times Coventrys players ran at us and he just nailed them, won the ball back and got us up the field.

Coventry had alot of the ball for the last 15 minutes but each time we broke we looked dangerous and very unfortunate not to get a second with the chances we had.

Jim O'Brien for Coventry in my eyes was their stand out player, he was very tidy on the ball and used it well, Dawson nailed him a few times and Allen plus Vincenti got in his face well.

Scott Tanser, what can I say, composed, confident, slick, what a player he is, never affraid to take players on being brave on the ball and some solid tackles also.

Jack O'Connell was a another brick wall at the back, won everything and Eastham also good with the ball at his feet, a good partnership.

Raff had a solid game, composed like Tanser and never affraid to bomb on, like Bennett who also played well when he came on.

Matty Done, Hendo, Vincenti, caused them problems no end, we played some super football today, Bunney/Bell came on and added a threat, positive running and confidence.

Everyone from me had a smashing game just incase you havent already guessed ;) our energy is a real problem for any side in this division, Coventry City are no mugs, they will be up there come the end of the season but they have to realise we Rochdale Football Club are a cracking side.

Thanks Sir Keith and Mr Beech, my weekend just got a whole lot better.

Brilliant summary !!

There won't be many teams we play this season that will better Coventry's technique and skill on the ball along with their quick passing and movement. They are a top side make no mistake about that

That we were just as good as them shows what a brilliant job Hilly has done

If we can keep clear of injuries and suspension I see no reason why we cannot be aiming for the play-offs

Quite honestly we are being utterly spoiled by the quality of the football in this Dale team - and with all the youngsters in it we can only get better
Fantastic game. on 20:11 - Sep 20 with 5325 viewsjudd

Fantastic game. on 20:06 - Sep 20 by roccydaleian

Do one lol. It was very close for the mom today, but I think it was a good call. By the way, it was my decision on the mom today.True story.

Who the fook is lol, you barmy get?

Tanser was ace, tbf.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024