Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rafferty 18:38 - Sep 20 with 1897 views_dezzy

Suspended next week for reching 5 bookings already. Is that a record for being the fastest suspension ?

KHBA

Joe Rafferty on 18:42 - Sep 20 with 1856 views442Dale

Think so, Grant Holt got five bookings in the first 12 games of 05/06, Rafferty has done it in 11.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Rafferty on 18:46 - Sep 20 with 1826 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Obligatory yellow card for Raff again today....may cost us later,good job we have a bit of cover.

Did n't think Bennett was brilliant after the swap?
Joe Rafferty on 18:50 - Sep 20 with 1803 viewsYadHoDale

Alan Goodall picked up five bookings in eleven games at the start of 2004/05.

Going back further, Shaun Reid must have been a candidate, whilst Dave Esser managed to get sent off on his debut.
Joe Rafferty on 19:24 - Sep 20 with 1686 viewsD_Dale

Tom Kennedy as RFB? Bennett might also start in the role he had at Sheffield last week - but, if he's fit, should Hery be dropped?
Joe Rafferty on 20:03 - Sep 20 with 1569 viewsolympicdale

Joe Rafferty on 19:24 - Sep 20 by D_Dale

Tom Kennedy as RFB? Bennett might also start in the role he had at Sheffield last week - but, if he's fit, should Hery be dropped?

I have noticed Herys form drop the past couple of games, may be time for a rest?

Life is a game of fate.

Joe Rafferty on 20:47 - Sep 20 with 1471 viewsShun

Joe Rafferty on 20:03 - Sep 20 by olympicdale

I have noticed Herys form drop the past couple of games, may be time for a rest?

I haven't. He was fantastic again today.
Joe Rafferty on 21:33 - Sep 20 with 1368 viewsD_Alien

What we're seeing from Hery is more mature performances, including today.

He's tracking back more, keeping the team shape when the opposition have the ball, snapping (pretty effectively) to win the ball back, and playing a more straightforward game - as constantly demanded by Hilly from the touchline. Oh, and putting himself in the right place and holding his nerve to win the penalty.

To achieve all this, he's had to cut out some of the tricks and mazy runs that result in conceding possession, whilst occasionally gliding past his marker to get us on the move.

Less showy than before. Might look like a drop in form to you.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Rafferty on 22:57 - Sep 20 with 1225 viewsolympicdale

Joe Rafferty on 21:33 - Sep 20 by D_Alien

What we're seeing from Hery is more mature performances, including today.

He's tracking back more, keeping the team shape when the opposition have the ball, snapping (pretty effectively) to win the ball back, and playing a more straightforward game - as constantly demanded by Hilly from the touchline. Oh, and putting himself in the right place and holding his nerve to win the penalty.

To achieve all this, he's had to cut out some of the tricks and mazy runs that result in conceding possession, whilst occasionally gliding past his marker to get us on the move.

Less showy than before. Might look like a drop in form to you.

I'd have to see it again but I'm still wondering why Hery didn't choose to shoot when in front of their keeper, instead of taking it wide around him, it struck me as a lack of confidence at the time that he went for the more high risk option.

I know what you're saying, as his game has changed from his usual high tempo approach he's not as noticeable as he has been. I wouldn't want to see the flash part of his game coached out if him totally, there's much to be said for playing it more conservative, but it's his trickery that makes him such a game changer.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rafferty on 23:52 - Sep 20 with 1146 viewsD_Alien

Joe Rafferty on 22:57 - Sep 20 by olympicdale

I'd have to see it again but I'm still wondering why Hery didn't choose to shoot when in front of their keeper, instead of taking it wide around him, it struck me as a lack of confidence at the time that he went for the more high risk option.

I know what you're saying, as his game has changed from his usual high tempo approach he's not as noticeable as he has been. I wouldn't want to see the flash part of his game coached out if him totally, there's much to be said for playing it more conservative, but it's his trickery that makes him such a game changer.

Lack of confidence it most certainly wasn't, nor was it "panic" as another poster has suggested.

As the chance appeared, Hery looked up calmly and saw the keeper advancing slightly to close down the angles. If he'd panicked and shot, chances are it'd hit an outstretched leg. Instead, he waited till the keeper was off balance and took it round him, a clear sign of confidence in his ability.

End result, 1-0. Well done Bastien.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 23:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Rafferty on 00:02 - Sep 21 with 1117 viewsSaxonDale

At the start of the season I (along with I presume many others) didn't think Hery had the discipline or defensive attributes to play as one of the two deep midfielders. He seems however, to be developing his game to such an extent that we are not missing Lund in that defensive role. As D_Alien has put we're seeing a much more mature Hery- yes there will be a time for his mazy runs but playing the role that he currently plays now is not it. We now have a midfield 4 (including the injured Lund) all of whom seem equally capable of playing as either a deep midfielder or as the advanced player. The problems this must give the opposition when the players change roles mid game must be incredible- Lund, Hery, Allen and Dawson all offer something completely different going forward.
Joe Rafferty on 00:13 - Sep 21 with 1097 viewsdalenumber2

Anyone else think that Jamie Allen was magnificent today - he was my MOM
Joe Rafferty on 11:38 - Sep 21 with 873 viewsaleanddale

Joe Rafferty on 00:13 - Sep 21 by dalenumber2

Anyone else think that Jamie Allen was magnificent today - he was my MOM

Yes!! fantastic from Allen.

Hery drop in form?? I am glad your not in charge OD!!!

Thought Hery was Magnifique v Walsall and yesterday was showing a more mature side of his game - he is obviously listening and learning.

Bastian Hery as taken his opportunity with both hands and when Lund is fit again he might have a job getting back into the starting X1.

I never imagined saying that 6 months ago!!
Joe Rafferty on 11:56 - Sep 21 with 850 viewsdingdangblue

Walsall 4-0 ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Joe Rafferty on 12:15 - Sep 21 with 829 viewstazzydjr

It were Rafferty's shirt to lose

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024