Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Ever There Was A Time 20:01 - Sep 27 with 13435 viewsrochedale

It must be now... that we actually invest in some serious professional quality marketing of our club. It's been said a million times the fact that the internal branding/marketing of our club leaves a lot to be desired. If it was ever worth spending a few quid, surely its now!

What a great season it is so far, long may it continue!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

If Ever There Was A Time on 22:43 - Sep 29 with 2571 viewsTVOS1907

If Ever There Was A Time on 22:34 - Sep 29 by nordenblue

Is it because the club see it is notoriously a poorly attended game being a night game against a smaller named club so any improvement is a positive?
I agree totally though it should be rolled out for a number of games even weekend matches

I've no idea what the reason is, nb.

Even Poirot and Marple would struggle to solve that one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

If Ever There Was A Time on 22:53 - Sep 29 with 2552 viewsRAFC1907

If Ever There Was A Time on 20:13 - Sep 29 by TVOS1907

Oldham is the sort of fixture that will attract a larger crowd whatever the cost, so it doesn't make sense to reduce the takings from those who pay on the day, especially when we'll be faced with a huge police bill.

I still don't understand why it has to be restricted to a particular night game, though.

The night game offers are a load of tosh, simply because the parents support City/United, so do their kids and their on TV plus the kids have to be up for school the next day.

They may work if they targetted students from college or pupils in their latter years at high schools.

Simply give out 2500 free tickets to 14-18 year olds for every home game, problem solved. I would even do the job myself if the club had the bottle to do it, dressed up as Desmond the dragon.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 22:55]

Poll: Bottomley...

If Ever There Was A Time on 22:57 - Sep 29 with 2547 viewsnordenblue

If Ever There Was A Time on 22:43 - Sep 29 by RAFC1907

This is what is needed, and your locations are a great choice.

The problem, is and it may sound harsh, as I dont believe for one minute we could not afford to advertise, people are damn right lazy and simply cant be bothered.

For the club to turn around and say it's too expensive, then good luck trying to purchase the stadium from the council.

Whats wrong with giving 2500 free tickets to 14-18 year olds at schools/college every home game??

Or even free to every dole dosser in the town, the stadium would be bursting at the seems every home game, admittedly with not much revenue coming in
If Ever There Was A Time on 23:00 - Sep 29 with 2536 viewsbennersdale

If Ever There Was A Time on 22:43 - Sep 29 by RAFC1907

This is what is needed, and your locations are a great choice.

The problem, is and it may sound harsh, as I dont believe for one minute we could not afford to advertise, people are damn right lazy and simply cant be bothered.

For the club to turn around and say it's too expensive, then good luck trying to purchase the stadium from the council.

Whats wrong with giving 2500 free tickets to 14-18 year olds at schools/college every home game??

You need to speculate to accumulate, the potential spectators need enticing. Do dale still do those adverts on local radio? I remember one being on the rev some years ago, that could be resurrected.

To the poster that said volunteers should stand outside supermarkets, There's somebody paid at the club to do this. I think the die hard supporters already do enough for the club without doing the jobs of salaried employees.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

If Ever There Was A Time on 06:48 - Sep 30 with 2475 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The amount the club spend on marketing is reflected in the return...little to nothing.

Until the club take it seriously and invest in the right areas, then the questions will resurface year on year.
If Ever There Was A Time on 13:18 - Sep 30 with 2360 viewsEllGazzell

What about a new club mascot to pull in the locals? Not many Welsh living in Rochdale so how about :

Allahu akbar

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:00 - Sep 30 with 2310 viewsD_Alien

If Ever There Was A Time on 13:18 - Sep 30 by EllGazzell

What about a new club mascot to pull in the locals? Not many Welsh living in Rochdale so how about :

Allahu akbar

Desai the Dervish?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:11 - Sep 30 with 2286 viewsdingdangblue

If Ever There Was A Time on 06:48 - Sep 30 by Albert_Whitehurst

The amount the club spend on marketing is reflected in the return...little to nothing.

Until the club take it seriously and invest in the right areas, then the questions will resurface year on year.

Have you never seen the movie 'Field of Dreams' ?

IF YOU BUILD IT - THEY WILL COME!....................apparently (but not in Rochdale).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:33 - Sep 30 with 2258 viewsboffley

If Ever There Was A Time on 23:00 - Sep 29 by bennersdale

You need to speculate to accumulate, the potential spectators need enticing. Do dale still do those adverts on local radio? I remember one being on the rev some years ago, that could be resurrected.

To the poster that said volunteers should stand outside supermarkets, There's somebody paid at the club to do this. I think the die hard supporters already do enough for the club without doing the jobs of salaried employees.

"There's somebody paid at the club to do this"

Therein lies the problem. The club seems very happy to do a sales job in terms of selling stadium advertising,hospitality, matchday sponsorship, etc but that does not put any extra bums on seats.

There has to be a concentrated effort put in to now do an actual markrting job. To identify an audience and to get out there and persuade that audience to get down to Spotland and watch some of the best football going.

Until they concentrate on marketing rather than sales The Dales attendances will continue to disappoint
If Ever There Was A Time on 14:34 - Sep 30 with 2253 viewspioneer

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:11 - Sep 30 by dingdangblue

Have you never seen the movie 'Field of Dreams' ?

IF YOU BUILD IT - THEY WILL COME!....................apparently (but not in Rochdale).

Yes I've seen it - it was a fictional movie!
If Ever There Was A Time on 23:02 - Sep 30 with 2120 views442Dale

On the subject of attendances, watching Champions League highlights and wondering if Manchester City market games to sky blue plastic seats, because quite a few seemed to turn up tonight.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

If Ever There Was A Time on 23:11 - Sep 30 with 2110 viewsTVOS1907

If Ever There Was A Time on 23:02 - Sep 30 by 442Dale

On the subject of attendances, watching Champions League highlights and wondering if Manchester City market games to sky blue plastic seats, because quite a few seemed to turn up tonight.

Serves them right for arranging the game on the same night as Altrincham v Macclesfield.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

If Ever There Was A Time on 11:06 - Oct 1 with 2028 viewsD_Alien

The seats were, in fact, occupied.

It's just that with the "fans" being plastic, it was impossible to tell the difference.

Many of the residents in the City catchment areas of South Manchester/Cheshire are actually plastic people.

[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 11:06]

If Ever There Was A Time on 13:01 - Oct 1 with 1936 viewsdingdangblue

Just shows you even the biggest clubs suffer due televised games - not just little old Dale. Think the standard ticket for last nights game was £32 and Roma isn't the glamour tie it once was - the scene's of empty seats were even worse here........

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

If Ever There Was A Time on 13:22 - Oct 1 with 1900 viewsJL_Dale

If Ever There Was A Time on 13:06 - Sep 28 by isitme

One working with the club to assist the marketing experts? Sounds like a really good idea.

Already emailed the club about this, mentioning my sales/marketing background etc etc.

From the reply I gather Ian is the only person in this type of position in the club, with no plans to increase numbers.
If Ever There Was A Time on 14:20 - Oct 1 with 1820 viewsBeckWMG

In a mail shot I've had from the club this morning promoting the Barnsley game we are playing Crewe on Tues apparantly not Walsall.

Never one to criticise but that's poor.

Especially as I'm bringing a Walsall fan with me. Hope he doesn't see it!!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 14:21]
If Ever There Was A Time on 14:26 - Oct 1 with 1802 views442Dale

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:20 - Oct 1 by BeckWMG

In a mail shot I've had from the club this morning promoting the Barnsley game we are playing Crewe on Tues apparantly not Walsall.

Never one to criticise but that's poor.

Especially as I'm bringing a Walsall fan with me. Hope he doesn't see it!!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 14:21]

But it's good they're still doing the mailshots each week. As I don't get them, has each game this season been promoted at the same time, ie. three days beforehand? If it does get out to lapsed fans it's a good time of the week to attract their attention.

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:34 - Oct 1 with 1784 viewsBeckWMG

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:26 - Oct 1 by 442Dale

But it's good they're still doing the mailshots each week. As I don't get them, has each game this season been promoted at the same time, ie. three days beforehand? If it does get out to lapsed fans it's a good time of the week to attract their attention.

I don't get them every week no.
If Ever There Was A Time on 14:46 - Oct 1 with 1762 viewsD_Alien

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:34 - Oct 1 by BeckWMG

I don't get them every week no.

What are the criteria for receiving mailshots from the club?

Membership of DalePlayer? Or something else?

If Ever There Was A Time on 15:12 - Oct 1 with 1725 viewsDorsetDale

If Ever There Was A Time on 14:46 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

What are the criteria for receiving mailshots from the club?

Membership of DalePlayer? Or something else?

I'm a daleplayer subscriber but only get emails on random occasions, very infrequently. I also have a twice yearly dd for goldbond so that is obviously not part of the criteria either, so, as above, what is?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

If Ever There Was A Time on 15:34 - Oct 1 with 1700 views442Dale

Can't be certain, but didn't they have a Wembley database and other details from when people buy season tickets etc.? Presumably by now these will have been amalgamated onto one which is used for things like the mailshot?

And last season they asked for fans to contact the club if they weren't on the list of recipients to receive the weekly e-shot.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/e-shot-update-551404.aspx

If Ever There Was A Time on 16:08 - Oct 1 with 1675 viewspioneer

If Ever There Was A Time on 15:34 - Oct 1 by 442Dale

Can't be certain, but didn't they have a Wembley database and other details from when people buy season tickets etc.? Presumably by now these will have been amalgamated onto one which is used for things like the mailshot?

And last season they asked for fans to contact the club if they weren't on the list of recipients to receive the weekly e-shot.

"they asked for fans to contact the club if they weren't on the list of recipients to receive the weekly e-shot"

Great, get the fans to do their work for them! Rochdale AFC is a commercial organisation, not a charity.

I was at Wembley

I have bought stuff on line from the club shop

I am a shareholder

I have never received any marketing, by e mail or otherwise from the club.

Asking fans to sign up for a weekly e shot is missing the point - its the people who aren't currently fans we need to be reaching out to.

We have been through this so many times in recent years, times we we should have been building our support given the quality and success of the product. The Board have had ample opportunity to take marketing seriously - they have decided it is not on their agenda. So they are deciding to stick with crowds of 2-3,000. End of . . .
If Ever There Was A Time on 16:17 - Oct 1 with 1659 viewsD_Alien

If Ever There Was A Time on 15:34 - Oct 1 by 442Dale

Are you on the list 442? Do you receive the e-shot?

I used to be on "the list" under an old email address. Despite at least three attempts to update the club with my new email 3/4 years ago, they continued to email my old address. Eventually I stopped using it. For all I know, they could be emailing me every day, but it's falling into the ether. Despite my best efforts.

If Ever There Was A Time on 16:37 - Oct 1 with 1623 views442Dale

If Ever There Was A Time on 16:17 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

Are you on the list 442? Do you receive the e-shot?

I used to be on "the list" under an old email address. Despite at least three attempts to update the club with my new email 3/4 years ago, they continued to email my old address. Eventually I stopped using it. For all I know, they could be emailing me every day, but it's falling into the ether. Despite my best efforts.

Don't know, and although I probably should be, I don't mind so much whether they're emailing me or not because I'd be aware of everything it contains as the website and twitter cover everything well these days. The aim of the e-shot promoting games etc really should be reaching those who might come, not those who will. Of course if they start offering free gifts and chances to design the kit I'd start making sure I got them.

The questions that have cropped up today are whether the e-shot is targeting the audience they've established they want to get the message to, how regular these communications are and what role they play as part of the ongoing marketing plans at the football club?

If Ever There Was A Time on 18:09 - Oct 1 with 1568 viewsColDale

Biggest question has to be what has worked at other clubs. It's all well and good coming up with ideas that we think might work, but if there have been successes at other clubs, those are the ideas and then deciding whether they could work at Dale. Doesn't necessarily have to be at football - I remember living over the other side of the hills and Bradford Bulls having a huge boost in their post Bradford Northern years. If there are proven ideas out there, they need pinching and adapting.

Are there any other clubs that have had significant crowd improvements? And if so, what were the reasons for doing so,

Have long argued that the teams in the FL when they have their meetings in Portugal should be working together and sharing ideas rather than competing. its the perfect opportunity for clubs to work collaboratively.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024