Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's Ashley Eastham I feel for 15:17 - Sep 28 with 3787 viewsdalefan

Watching the game yesterday I knew the foul was outside the area and shouldn't have been a penalty but I thought it looked like a clear foul and was a sending off. Having watched it again a few times I now don't think it was a foul, but if it was it certainly was not a clear goal scoring opportunity, the ball was going away from goal and Logan would have got there before Henderson if he had not thrown himself to the floor.
What this now means for Eastham is that he will lose his place in the side and will struggle to get it back. He has been so impressive this season and deserved his place in the league one side last week.
This wrong decision could have massive impact on this lads career because he may have to sit out the season rather than playing.
The decision was so wrong on so many counts and it is Eastham, not the ref or linesman, who will suffer. It is so wrong for the lad who must be gutted.
It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 15:55 - Sep 28 with 3701 viewsmacro

I thought that watching it back. Live I thought red and no pen, now looking at the angle of the run I don't think a red should have been awarded. Harsh on eastham
It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 16:03 - Sep 28 with 3666 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Chin up Ash lad..........your chance WILL come.
It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 19:12 - Sep 28 with 3444 viewswimborne_dale

To me it didn't look like the Orient striker had control of the ball. The ball was running away from him and was just as likely to be collected by Logan as it was to end up with a shot at goal. Yes the striker was the last man but is it THAT that makes it a sending off offence or are there other factors, eg the likelihood of the keeper getting there first?

Edgar Allan's Crow

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 19:34 - Sep 28 with 3397 views1mark1

Can the sending off be appealed, are there any grounds for appeal?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 20:05 - Sep 28 with 3321 viewsBrierls

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 19:34 - Sep 28 by 1mark1

Can the sending off be appealed, are there any grounds for appeal?

It can be appealed but there chances of being successful are slim to none. The referee has to be seen to have made a complete cockup, and regardless of it being outside of the area there looked to be a clear goalscoring opportunity. I have some doubt as to whether Logan would have got there first, but there is too much distance between them for the ref to accurately judge so he's just going to go with the contact.

I did think Eastham was very unlucky, Henderson used all his experience to win the foul. I've never been a fan of Eastham but he's been outstanding since O'Connell came back, I hope he comes back into the side after suspension. Harsh on Lancashire but he's going to have to play out of his skin to deserve a place ahead of O'Connell and Eastham.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen it back on TV yet.
It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 20:22 - Sep 28 with 3271 views1mark1

Ok thanks for that, points taken. Good competition for those positions.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 20:27 - Sep 28 with 3250 viewsTVOS1907

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 20:22 - Sep 28 by 1mark1

Ok thanks for that, points taken. Good competition for those positions.

Lancashire and O'Connell will play on Saturday, then Eastham will be back in contention v Walsall.

Hill may rest O'Connell for that game, but it could depend on whether the MK Dons match is postponed or not.

And then he will have a choice to make for Gillingham.

Interesting times and decisions to be made, but as I said to Razzle yesterday, there's always a chance of defenders getting injured or suspended, so there will be more twists and turns to come.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 12:15 - Sep 29 with 3003 viewsD_Alien

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 20:27 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

Lancashire and O'Connell will play on Saturday, then Eastham will be back in contention v Walsall.

Hill may rest O'Connell for that game, but it could depend on whether the MK Dons match is postponed or not.

And then he will have a choice to make for Gillingham.

Interesting times and decisions to be made, but as I said to Razzle yesterday, there's always a chance of defenders getting injured or suspended, so there will be more twists and turns to come.

That's very true, but at least Eastham has shown he can twist and turn faster than we thought he could!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 12:23 - Sep 29 with 2975 views100notout

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 12:15 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

That's very true, but at least Eastham has shown he can twist and turn faster than we thought he could!

Didn't know he played cards

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 12:26 - Sep 29 with 2969 viewsD_Alien

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 12:23 - Sep 29 by 100notout

Didn't know he played cards

Played for a yellow but got red

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 12:34 - Sep 29 with 2945 views100notout

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 12:26 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Played for a yellow but got red

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 13:14 - Sep 29 with 2866 viewsCreepy

This is a prime example of how the "professional foul" rule doesn't work. Henderson would have had to get the ball, get it under control and try and beat the keeper but Eastham gets sent off. Last week Hery was closer with just a defender on the line and the keeper stays on. Hery's was a much clearer goalscoring opportunity but with less of a punishment. Professional foul should just be a yellow, especially if simulation in the box is also a yellow.
It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 13:35 - Sep 29 with 2822 viewssteofthedale

As has been previously mentioned, the award of a penalty (in this case incorrectly) does in fact restore the goal scoring opportunity.

The award of both a red card and a penalty to many seems a double punishment. In many instances it can kill a game as a contest.

How much more exciting was the Coventry game with 11 v 11 for the 90 minutes than is likely were Dale 1 up playing against 10 men?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 13:56]

steofthedale*

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 13:58 - Sep 29 with 2765 viewsdingdangblue

It's Ashley Eastham I feel for on 13:35 - Sep 29 by steofthedale

As has been previously mentioned, the award of a penalty (in this case incorrectly) does in fact restore the goal scoring opportunity.

The award of both a red card and a penalty to many seems a double punishment. In many instances it can kill a game as a contest.

How much more exciting was the Coventry game with 11 v 11 for the 90 minutes than is likely were Dale 1 up playing against 10 men?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 13:56]

Triple punishment if you include the 1 match ban he receives also.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024