Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Points Lost 16:54 - Oct 18 with 11631 viewsdilleydaler

Just listened to BBC Radio Kent commentary on the game. They can not believe they have managed to steal a point.

"Dale should have been out of sight"

[Post edited 18 Oct 2014 18:36]
2 Points Lost on 17:04 - Oct 18 with 5030 viewsDale23years

Need a striker and no rose or Andrews near our team

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

2 Points Lost on 17:04 - Oct 18 with 5030 viewsShun

They're right, we should've been out of sight. I can barely remember a more one-sided game that we didn't win, but something like that is always in danger of happening if we miss as many chances as we did today.
2 Points Lost on 17:07 - Oct 18 with 5011 viewsShun

2 Points Lost on 17:04 - Oct 18 by Dale23years

I thought Rose played well. I agree about Andrew though, one of the poorest substitute appearances I've seen in a long time.
2 Points Lost on 17:10 - Oct 18 with 4986 viewsisitme

Rose played well. I agree that Andrew didn't offer anything when he came on. Unfortunately Henderson missed two/three decent chances, as did Vincenti. Their goal was caused due to poor defending. Bennett should have cleared the ball.
2 Points Lost on 17:11 - Oct 18 with 4978 viewsYorkshire_Dale

2 Points Lost on 17:07 - Oct 18 by Shun

I thought Rose played well. I agree about Andrew though, one of the poorest substitute appearances I've seen in a long time.

Same comment every week.......surely,surely Muldoon would have been a better option.

Andrew for Done is a very very poor swap!
2 Points Lost on 17:14 - Oct 18 with 4962 viewsColDale

Rose was MOTM for me.
2 Points Lost on 17:18 - Oct 18 with 4930 viewsboromat

Could have been 5 up at half time Vincenti could have had four of his own. Not ruthless enough and the longer it went on the more certain everyone was that they'd nick an equaliser, one of them games. They were a poor side. Another bad ref as well.

Rose was one of our better players I thought. Hendo hasn't been at his best for a few games now. Dawson was better today but hasn't been consistent enough. Andrew hasn't proven himself yet but Id like to see him have more 90 mins before I write him off.

Anyway we got something from the game and I'm sure we'll learn from it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2014 17:20]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

2 Points Lost on 17:23 - Oct 18 with 4886 views442Dale

Surprised to see Rose in the team but he played well. We missed far too many chances and you could almost predict what would happen. Andrew's appearance was a strange one, it needed a like for like replacement. Certainly can't blame him for the fact they've gone and scored, he'd barely have received a mention if we'd won.

The fact that yet again a ref receives boos from some of the crowd when leaving the pitch was mystifying. Sure, he made a couple of mistakes and they were all too obvious, but did anyone boo our players for missing gilt-edged chances?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

2 Points Lost on 17:24 - Oct 18 with 4881 viewsColDale

I always think in League One that we cannot take a single point for granted. Of course,we should have won handsomely but we did alright, created chances and one point is better than none. Gillingham were a poor side, and I can't see them staying up, but if keep creating as many chances as that per game, we'll be top half still at the end of the season.

For all his stick (much of which was underserved), I thought the ref was very harsh to blow for full time when he did.
2 Points Lost on 17:24 - Oct 18 with 4874 viewsdazzer

How on earth can you take off the top scorer for that useless get

dazzer

2 Points Lost on 17:36 - Oct 18 with 4764 viewsD_Alien

2 Points Lost on 17:14 - Oct 18 by ColDale

Rose was MOTM for me.

And me

As a one-off (I hope) appearance he was outstanding, both in breaking up play and moving us forward as well as having a couple of shots that we should've exploited better when Bywater fumbled.

Why do I hope it's a one off? Because I really don't know what Hery has done to be dropped. We desperately need some creativity and, alongside Allen and Dawson we had a trio that was tearing teams apart. So what's happened? Why change a winning formula?

Bennett had a good game but should've put his foot through the ball instead of playing patsy in his own penalty area. What an absolute waste of 2pts. I'm more pissed off with that than with the games we've lost at home.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2 Points Lost on 17:39 - Oct 18 with 4735 views442Dale

2 Points Lost on 17:36 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

And me

As a one-off (I hope) appearance he was outstanding, both in breaking up play and moving us forward as well as having a couple of shots that we should've exploited better when Bywater fumbled.

Why do I hope it's a one off? Because I really don't know what Hery has done to be dropped. We desperately need some creativity and, alongside Allen and Dawson we had a trio that was tearing teams apart. So what's happened? Why change a winning formula?

Bennett had a good game but should've put his foot through the ball instead of playing patsy in his own penalty area. What an absolute waste of 2pts. I'm more pissed off with that than with the games we've lost at home.

Would enjoy hearing the explanation for Hery's absence. There may be a valid reason for it of course, but today was crying out for him midway through the second half today as the game lurched towards the inevitable equaliser.

2 Points Lost on 17:39 - Oct 18 with 4733 viewsmacro

2 Points Lost on 17:24 - Oct 18 by dazzer

Lay off andrew ffs you can't judge him on ten mins here and there. He's a different player to done, Henderson etc
2 Points Lost on 17:40 - Oct 18 with 4725 viewsToffeemanc

2 Points Lost on 17:11 - Oct 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Same comment every week.......surely,surely Muldoon would have been a better option.

Andrew for Done is a very very poor swap!

Muldoon was certainly the change I was hoping for or even Hery to take a player on and make something happen. When we got Andrew I knew we wouldn't score a second and the game was up.

Wasn't Andrew bought as a hold up type of player? Seems the only thing he is holding up is the progress of the team. We need a recognised striker soon, with one in the team today we would have won comfortably.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

2 Points Lost on 17:44 - Oct 18 with 4690 views442Dale

2 Points Lost on 17:40 - Oct 18 by Toffeemanc

Muldoon was certainly the change I was hoping for or even Hery to take a player on and make something happen. When we got Andrew I knew we wouldn't score a second and the game was up.

Wasn't Andrew bought as a hold up type of player? Seems the only thing he is holding up is the progress of the team. We need a recognised striker soon, with one in the team today we would have won comfortably.

Not sure I agree with that, chances like Vincenti's in the second half should go in whatever the role of the player. These games happen although it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

2 Points Lost on 17:46 - Oct 18 with 4660 viewsNafelad

2 Points Lost on 17:23 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

Surprised to see Rose in the team but he played well. We missed far too many chances and you could almost predict what would happen. Andrew's appearance was a strange one, it needed a like for like replacement. Certainly can't blame him for the fact they've gone and scored, he'd barely have received a mention if we'd won.

The fact that yet again a ref receives boos from some of the crowd when leaving the pitch was mystifying. Sure, he made a couple of mistakes and they were all too obvious, but did anyone boo our players for missing gilt-edged chances?

I think booing was required because his hearing was bound to be better than his sight!!

Topcat

2 Points Lost on 17:51 - Oct 18 with 4614 views442Dale

2 Points Lost on 17:46 - Oct 18 by Nafelad

I think booing was required because his hearing was bound to be better than his sight!!

He made some mistakes, honest ones where he just got it wrong. Did Vincenti get the same treatment because his hearing might have been better than his finishing with the goal at his mercy?!

If a ref is particularly terrible and spoils a game then such a reaction would be justified. That hasn't happened at all at any of the games I've seen this season so why that response when they leave the pitch?

2 Points Lost on 17:53 - Oct 18 with 4589 viewsD_Alien

2 Points Lost on 17:51 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

He made some mistakes, honest ones where he just got it wrong. Did Vincenti get the same treatment because his hearing might have been better than his finishing with the goal at his mercy?!

If a ref is particularly terrible and spoils a game then such a reaction would be justified. That hasn't happened at all at any of the games I've seen this season so why that response when they leave the pitch?

It's probably venting frustration that fans want to direct at the team, but realise it'd be counter-productive given we're top half of L1

2 Points Lost on 17:57 - Oct 18 with 4549 viewsNafelad

Can anyone explain why 'abuse reported' has appeared on my earlier ('just joking') post?

Topcat

2 Points Lost on 18:03 - Oct 18 with 4508 viewsD_Alien

2 Points Lost on 17:57 - Oct 18 by Nafelad

Can anyone explain why 'abuse reported' has appeared on my earlier ('just joking') post?

I'd turn a blind eye to it.

2 Points Lost on 18:07 - Oct 18 with 4471 views442Dale

Wasn't me (I don't think!)! I'd have just booed it...

2 Points Lost on 18:08 - Oct 18 with 4462 views442Dale

2 Points Lost on 17:53 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

It's probably venting frustration that fans want to direct at the team, but realise it'd be counter-productive given we're top half of L1

Which would be understandable but the players were being applauded off for their efforts and then some stopped to have a go at the ref.

2 Points Lost on 18:13 - Oct 18 with 4421 viewsTVOS1907

2 Points Lost on 17:24 - Oct 18 by dazzer

The game should have been won before Andrew came on. Other players performed worse than him in front of goal today.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2 Points Lost on 18:18 - Oct 18 with 4368 viewsNafelad

Maybe it's for the abuse of humour? I'd better read my ' How to be a Comedian' book again!

Topcat

2 Points Lost on 18:21 - Oct 18 with 4340 viewsD_Alien

2 Points Lost on 18:18 - Oct 18 by Nafelad

Maybe it's for the abuse of humour? I'd better read my ' How to be a Comedian' book again!

Would it help if someone threw the book at you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024