Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Points Lost 16:54 - Oct 18 with 11595 viewsdilleydaler

Just listened to BBC Radio Kent commentary on the game. They can not believe they have managed to steal a point.

"Dale should have been out of sight"

[Post edited 18 Oct 2014 18:36]
2 Points Lost on 11:47 - Oct 19 with 2023 views442Dale

2 Points Lost on 01:24 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

Here's the issue.

League form since beginning of September:

6 Sep Crawley (a) Won 4-0 Hery starts
13 Sep Sheff Utd (a) Lost 0-1 Hery on bench
16 Sep Walsall (h) Won 4-0 Hery starts
20 Sep Coventry (h) Won 1-0 Hery starts
27 Sep L. Orient (a) Won 3-2 Hery starts
4 Oct Barnsley (h) Lost 0-1 Hery on bench
18 Oct Gillingham (h) Drew 1-1 Hery on bench

To sum up:

Hery starts: P4 W4 D0 L0 F12 A2

Hery on bench P3 W0 D1 L2 F1 A3

Statistics aren't everything, but Hilly's decision to leave him out in the face of winning games and scoring a shedload of goals defies all footballing logic.

Find it difficult to understand why Hery received any criticism or is currently on the bench. The culture we have is to allow players to make mistakes without fear of anyone getting on their backs, learn from the mistakes and improve. As far as I can see, he's done that well and has become a good all round midfielder in a short period of time. Allen plays better when he's in the team too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2 Points Lost on 11:58 - Oct 19 with 2000 viewsMoonyDale

2 Points Lost on 23:02 - Oct 18 by JimmyRustler

Their midfield (and whole team tbh) was shite today. I'm not being funny or anything but I reckon my Uncle could have bossed that midfield and looked a good player against them.

Rose shouldn't be anywhere near the team as we have better players than him in every single position. If I was Lund or Hery (the latter especially) I'd be asking my manager serious questions as to why a left back is playing before me in my preferred position. He's a good lad though Rose, our Keith probably promised him a game against shite opposition over a pint in the Regal.

Andrew is a joke and genuinely becoming one of the worst strikers we've ever signed. Why Muldoon didn't come on instead is absolutely baffling.

Dawson was awesome and MOM IMO.

We should have won easily today but poor finishing let us down. The referee was poor but the linesman in front of the away stand was abhorrent.

Agree with most of that apart from the Rose thing, best player on the pitch today closely followed by Dawson. Andrew on for Done ? Baffling decision, Muldoon sat on the bench ? Again baffling. Should have come on for Matty insted of Andrew....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

2 Points Lost on 12:16 - Oct 19 with 1977 viewsaleanddale

2 Points Lost on 18:38 - Oct 18 by BrighouseDale

I thought Rose was excellent today, very quick and was quite often in the right place at the right time.

Tanser deserves a special mention too I think, another outstanding performance and he didn't make a fuss about being bullied by Gills bigger boys.

As for Calvin Andrew, well, I just can't imagine what Hilly saw in him when he offered him a contract. Did we sign him up for two years?

Agree with this 100% Brighouse.

Rose Mom.

Another day we would have won 5-0 and lauding the team.

The issue will be when we don't create.

A disappointment for sure and 2 points dropped but let's create as many chances at Swindon and Yeovil and with a bit more luck we could see a decent points return by next Sunday morning.
2 Points Lost on 13:41 - Oct 19 with 1875 viewssweetcorn

Hery probably won't play for rochdale again..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

2 Points Lost on 13:42 - Oct 19 with 1874 viewsboffley

2 Points Lost on 13:41 - Oct 19 by sweetcorn

Hery probably won't play for rochdale again..

Why?
2 Points Lost on 13:45 - Oct 19 with 1868 viewsJimmyRustler

2 Points Lost on 01:23 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

If that was the case, why hasn't he played in the last two months?

This was probably our most winnable game of the season so it probably seemed like a great time to give his mate a game as we'd win regardless. I'd rather play Camps there than Rose. For a lad that had such a good pre-season, I think he's been desperately unlucky not to feature.
2 Points Lost on 13:47 - Oct 19 with 1858 viewsTVOS1907

2 Points Lost on 13:45 - Oct 19 by JimmyRustler

This was probably our most winnable game of the season so it probably seemed like a great time to give his mate a game as we'd win regardless. I'd rather play Camps there than Rose. For a lad that had such a good pre-season, I think he's been desperately unlucky not to feature.

Who would you have played him (Camps) in place of?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2 Points Lost on 13:58 - Oct 19 with 1828 viewsJimmyRustler

2 Points Lost on 13:47 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

Who would you have played him (Camps) in place of?

I wouldn't. I'd have played Lund instead of Rose first and foremost (SC may be right about Hery so I'm leaving him out of the equation for now) but if not Lund, I'd rather play Camps in CM than Rose, irregardless of Rose's performance. To bring the lad out of the cold and play him out of position ahead of players who are better than him in said position is just ludicrous.

I'm not sure Rose even played THAT well. I think for the most part the fact that he greatly exceeded everyone's expectations made him appear to be that much better than he actually was. I thought Dawson had a marvellous game and was MOM by a fair distance.
Login to get fewer ads

2 Points Lost on 14:07 - Oct 19 with 1798 viewsD_Alien

2 Points Lost on 13:58 - Oct 19 by JimmyRustler

I wouldn't. I'd have played Lund instead of Rose first and foremost (SC may be right about Hery so I'm leaving him out of the equation for now) but if not Lund, I'd rather play Camps in CM than Rose, irregardless of Rose's performance. To bring the lad out of the cold and play him out of position ahead of players who are better than him in said position is just ludicrous.

I'm not sure Rose even played THAT well. I think for the most part the fact that he greatly exceeded everyone's expectations made him appear to be that much better than he actually was. I thought Dawson had a marvellous game and was MOM by a fair distance.

Know exactly what you mean. It was almost a sense of relief at first that Rose was able to make a contribution. My heart sank when I heard his name announced pre-match.

As the game went on though, I thought he did play well and I've posted elsewhere he was my MoM. Like you, I don't think he should have been given that chance ahead of Lund and especially Hery. It's not as if Rose is going to make a second career for himself as a midfielder, when you've got several other younger options who're desperate to do so and have the ability.

If Hery is getting the cold shoulder and chooses to instruct his agent to look elsewhere for him to forge his career, it'd be absolutely criminal, but I wouldn't blame him.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2 Points Lost on 14:10 - Oct 19 with 1777 viewsYouTubeDale

Hilly made his point post-match saying emphatically that Rose has NOT come out of the cold. He has been included all the time, although not actually playing. I wouldn't have played Rose yesterday, but boy his performance made me eat my words. That is what we want, competition for places especially with games coming up thick and fast.

Hery leaving? Why ? Where is the evidence for this?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

2 Points Lost on 14:16 - Oct 19 with 1759 viewsColDale

2 Points Lost on 14:07 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

Know exactly what you mean. It was almost a sense of relief at first that Rose was able to make a contribution. My heart sank when I heard his name announced pre-match.

As the game went on though, I thought he did play well and I've posted elsewhere he was my MoM. Like you, I don't think he should have been given that chance ahead of Lund and especially Hery. It's not as if Rose is going to make a second career for himself as a midfielder, when you've got several other younger options who're desperate to do so and have the ability.

If Hery is getting the cold shoulder and chooses to instruct his agent to look elsewhere for him to forge his career, it'd be absolutely criminal, but I wouldn't blame him.

His agent will probably point to the large number of careers started by Keith Hill and tell Bastien to let Hilly do what he wants.

As for Camps, its noticeable that amongst the four players who signed pro deals at the same time, he's going more Darcy O'Connor, rather than Tanser or Allen.
2 Points Lost on 14:19 - Oct 19 with 1744 viewsTVOS1907

I agree with you about Dawson, but, regardless of the rights and wrongs of Rose's inclusion yesterday, it had no effect on the forwards' inability to finish off the countless chances that came their way (one of which was created when Bywater saved Rose's long-range shot).

They would have probably still missed the chances had Hery been in the team.

Lund played v Barnsley, but didn't have a good game and looked off the pace, which is something that can't be levelled at Rose yesterday.

I still think Allen, Hery and Dawson should have been the midfield over the last two league games, but for whatever reasons the manager didn't.

But to accuse him of picking Rose because he is 'his mate' contradicts the fact he hadn't appeared in the team (and in some cases, not even in the squad) since the last minute v Bristol City!

Hill himself said after yesterday's game that he will probably make more changes for Swindon and Yeovil. I fully expect one of them to be Hery, Lund or both coming into midfield in place of Rose and AN Other.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 14:21]

2 Points Lost on 14:19 - Oct 19 with 1742 viewsJimmyRustler

2 Points Lost on 14:07 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

I'll forever be grateful to Hill for what he's done for this club and continues to do (let's not forget we are doing fantastically well regardless of yesterday's result) but sometimes his decisions really do frustrate me.

Bringing Andrew on midway through the second half seems almost like some sort of ritual now. When we bring him on we have a tendency togo long and he doesn't exactly seem like the most aerially gifted of players to me anyway. He offers little to no goal threat and just generally looks lost on the pitch.

Now, we have what seems to be carbon copy of Hogan back from injury who played last week who looked incredibly lively and switched on. We take our biggest attackig threat off in Done and ideally need someone who can carry on the good work that he does all game - tirelessly closing the oppositon down, getting in behind the opposition defence etc.

So who do we bring on?

Big Calvin who's scored less times in his career than Stephen Hawkings does when he goes to the gym.

Don't understand it one bit.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 14:24]
2 Points Lost on 14:23 - Oct 19 with 1732 viewsJimmyRustler

2 Points Lost on 14:19 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

I agree with you about Dawson, but, regardless of the rights and wrongs of Rose's inclusion yesterday, it had no effect on the forwards' inability to finish off the countless chances that came their way (one of which was created when Bywater saved Rose's long-range shot).

They would have probably still missed the chances had Hery been in the team.

Lund played v Barnsley, but didn't have a good game and looked off the pace, which is something that can't be levelled at Rose yesterday.

I still think Allen, Hery and Dawson should have been the midfield over the last two league games, but for whatever reasons the manager didn't.

But to accuse him of picking Rose because he is 'his mate' contradicts the fact he hadn't appeared in the team (and in some cases, not even in the squad) since the last minute v Bristol City!

Hill himself said after yesterday's game that he will probably make more changes for Swindon and Yeovil. I fully expect one of them to be Hery, Lund or both coming into midfield in place of Rose and AN Other.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 14:21]

I'm not necessarily accusing him of that because I'd like to think Hill has his reasons for playing him (ones that I can't fathom) but it just smacks of that when, as you say, he hasn't been included in a long time. The fact that Gillingham are horrendously bad leads me to believe that Hill thought we could probably play Jack the Kitman in the centre of the park and win.
2 Points Lost on 14:27 - Oct 19 with 1714 viewsTVOS1907

2 Points Lost on 14:23 - Oct 19 by JimmyRustler

I'm not necessarily accusing him of that because I'd like to think Hill has his reasons for playing him (ones that I can't fathom) but it just smacks of that when, as you say, he hasn't been included in a long time. The fact that Gillingham are horrendously bad leads me to believe that Hill thought we could probably play Jack the Kitman in the centre of the park and win.

I doubt Hill thinks that about any teams in League 1, regardless of their record.

Look at Walsall - hopeless against us in the league, but much better in the JPT, albeit we didn't play as well as we can do.

We've stuck eight goals past Crewe and they are still bottom of the league, but now only two points from safety.

If we start to think there are easy games in this league, we'll be in trouble as we need to be on top form (i.e. not missing as many chances as we did yesterday) or we'll get punished.

2 Points Lost on 14:32 - Oct 19 with 1693 viewsJimmyRustler

2 Points Lost on 14:27 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

I doubt Hill thinks that about any teams in League 1, regardless of their record.

Look at Walsall - hopeless against us in the league, but much better in the JPT, albeit we didn't play as well as we can do.

We've stuck eight goals past Crewe and they are still bottom of the league, but now only two points from safety.

If we start to think there are easy games in this league, we'll be in trouble as we need to be on top form (i.e. not missing as many chances as we did yesterday) or we'll get punished.

That comment was of course tongue in cheek but I do think that Hill probably thought that we could be afforded the luxury of Rose playing CM yesterday. Would he have played there against better opposition? Probably not.

I know we didn't win but yesterday was as easy as a game as we are going to get at this level. Usually when we play well and don't win, I come away fairly satisfied but yesterday definitely wasn't one of those days. The only chances they got were from individuals errors and as a result of us being overextended at times. I just hope we don't come to regret te 2 points dropped against what was a woeful Gills team.
2 Points Lost on 15:40 - Oct 19 with 1634 viewsmacro

Days like yesterday even themselves out, we deserved something at sheff u, didn't get it. Probably Coventry at home a draw would have been fair and we won. Yesterday is a lesson for finishing if nothing else
2 Points Lost on 17:01 - Oct 19 with 1577 viewsYouTubeDale

2 Points Lost on 15:40 - Oct 19 by macro

Days like yesterday even themselves out, we deserved something at sheff u, didn't get it. Probably Coventry at home a draw would have been fair and we won. Yesterday is a lesson for finishing if nothing else

I think most people would agree with that lesson, but I agree with the wise one, Hilly, when he says the lesson from yesterday's class was protecting our lead and that means being watertight at the back. It was one of those days when the ball wasn't going in and all the strikers could deliver was one goal. The spotlight then changes to the defence in protecting that slender lead.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

2 Points Lost on 17:41 - Oct 19 with 1544 viewsaleanddale

Rose is hills mate so he played.

That's just the funniest thing I have read on this thread.

Rose Mom yesterday as stated by several other posters.

The problem was not converting at least 2 more of the several easy ish chances created.

Just how easy was the Vincenti chance in the sandy ? Looked an open goal!!
2 Points Lost on 21:20 - Oct 19 with 1417 viewsJimmyRustler

2 Points Lost on 17:41 - Oct 19 by aleanddale

The problem was not converting at least 2 more of the several easy ish chances created.

No Dawson was MOM and rightly so.

If you actually read what I out properly, you'd see that I said it appears that way. Perhaps have another read, especially if you really found it that funny.

Vincenti's miss was a joke, as was Henderson's from Bywater parrying Rose's long range shot.

Why did Rose start in midfield ahead of Lund or perhaps Hery yesterday then aleanddale? Don't give me this, 'I'm not the manager nonsense' either...please put forward your theory as to why a lad who has barely featured this season all of a sudden got the call to play in the centre of the park out of of position?

Furthermore, how many people would have actually predicted that he'd play at CM before the game?
2 Points Lost on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 1386 viewszxcvbnm

Team for Swindon

My guess

Logan
Tanser Eastham O'Connell Rafferty
Dawson, Lund, Hery, Vincenti
Done, Henderson

Subs
Diba, Bennett, Lancashire, Allen, Muldoon, Andrew, Rose

Poll: Best loanee keeper

2 Points Lost on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 1386 viewsdingdangblue

2 Points Lost on 17:41 - Oct 19 by aleanddale

Looking at the highlights the ball seems slightly behind him and it either hits his leg or he was trying to back flick it in? Either way it probably goes down as the miss of the season. Very poor defending by Rhys Bennett for their goal, 1st to lazily lose possession when he should've been clearing it into row z then to allow the player so much time to cross the ball. Still should have been a consolation goal for them to make it 4-1.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

2 Points Lost on 06:55 - Oct 20 with 1307 viewsaleanddale

2 Points Lost on 21:20 - Oct 19 by JimmyRustler

No Dawson was MOM and rightly so.

If you actually read what I out properly, you'd see that I said it appears that way. Perhaps have another read, especially if you really found it that funny.

Vincenti's miss was a joke, as was Henderson's from Bywater parrying Rose's long range shot.

Why did Rose start in midfield ahead of Lund or perhaps Hery yesterday then aleanddale? Don't give me this, 'I'm not the manager nonsense' either...please put forward your theory as to why a lad who has barely featured this season all of a sudden got the call to play in the centre of the park out of of position?

Furthermore, how many people would have actually predicted that he'd play at CM before the game?

Why did Rose start in midfield ahead of Lund or perhaps Hery yesterday then aleanddale?

Because Keith Hill our Manager looked at the opposition and his own squad who were available and thought Rose - playing that role gave us the best chance of 3 points on Saturday whilst keeping players fresh and raring to go tomorrow night at Swindon and on Saturday v Yeovil.

2 very tough away days!l.

I trust Hilly to manage our squad 100% and although Rose inclusion raised some eyebrows - my own included - he had a fantastic game and was Dales MOM for many.

They pull on a blue shirt as they cross the white line at 3pm on a saturday. At that point i put aside any personal feelings or concern and do my best to support the lads and enjoy the game.

It nearly worked. but for some terrible finishing we would have won at a canter.

Onwards to Swindon now. I hope the whole team have dusted down there shooting boots!!.
2 Points Lost on 09:52 - Oct 20 with 1243 viewskirbys

2 Points Lost on 06:55 - Oct 20 by aleanddale

Why did Rose start in midfield ahead of Lund or perhaps Hery yesterday then aleanddale?

Because Keith Hill our Manager looked at the opposition and his own squad who were available and thought Rose - playing that role gave us the best chance of 3 points on Saturday whilst keeping players fresh and raring to go tomorrow night at Swindon and on Saturday v Yeovil.

2 very tough away days!l.

I trust Hilly to manage our squad 100% and although Rose inclusion raised some eyebrows - my own included - he had a fantastic game and was Dales MOM for many.

They pull on a blue shirt as they cross the white line at 3pm on a saturday. At that point i put aside any personal feelings or concern and do my best to support the lads and enjoy the game.

It nearly worked. but for some terrible finishing we would have won at a canter.

Onwards to Swindon now. I hope the whole team have dusted down there shooting boots!!.

I think Alaenddale got the right answer to the question of why Rose was chosen last Saturday. Two very tough matches this week and against two more mobile sides than Gillingham. Rose had a fine game and Hill knew that the weaker midfield of Gillingham offered an opportunity to exploit that with Rose's longer passing game. That part of the plan worked well. Others did not. on another day we would have been clear winners by halftime.
I am getting more concerned about Hendo. He was hardly a feature player with less time on the ball than normal and was caught offside continually. Maybe he needs a break?
Finally credit to Dawson who is improving every match. Crunching tackles, pace on the ball, we no longer miss cav in this area.

In summary, nothing wrong with our approach play some of which was brilliant, a little more poise in front of goal and of course luck and we would have all points in the bag.
Poor crowd numbers again and that has little to blame the side for.
2 Points Lost on 10:24 - Oct 20 with 1217 viewsaleanddale

2 Points Lost on 09:52 - Oct 20 by kirbys

I think Alaenddale got the right answer to the question of why Rose was chosen last Saturday. Two very tough matches this week and against two more mobile sides than Gillingham. Rose had a fine game and Hill knew that the weaker midfield of Gillingham offered an opportunity to exploit that with Rose's longer passing game. That part of the plan worked well. Others did not. on another day we would have been clear winners by halftime.
I am getting more concerned about Hendo. He was hardly a feature player with less time on the ball than normal and was caught offside continually. Maybe he needs a break?
Finally credit to Dawson who is improving every match. Crunching tackles, pace on the ball, we no longer miss cav in this area.

In summary, nothing wrong with our approach play some of which was brilliant, a little more poise in front of goal and of course luck and we would have all points in the bag.
Poor crowd numbers again and that has little to blame the side for.

Disagree about Hendo. Posted elsewhere its because his A game is stratospheric for Lg1.

Agree about the crowd.

Enough is enough and unless we get this sorted ASAP it will only Hinder the amazing progress in almost every area of the club.

On the pitch - Tick.

Youth - Tick

Management team - Tick

Machday experience - Tick

Marketing - Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024