Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A deserved point! 00:53 - Oct 19 with 2834 viewsmacro

Nonsense from fl show
A deserved point! on 01:03 - Oct 19 with 2822 viewsbaroniser

I honestly don't know why I bother with the FLS. They are clueless about anything outside the championship. And don't get me started on Steve Claridge!
A deserved point! on 09:54 - Oct 19 with 2635 viewsVespaDale

Just heard it... UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!!!
A deserved point! on 19:27 - Oct 22 with 2228 viewslove_the_dale

Further to your observation on Saturday's FLS, which I also noticed, I have just sent the following to "North West Tonight".

I have just watched tonight's, Wednesday's, edition of the admirable NWT programme. In the football report, I was pleased to see reports and pictures of the Blackburn, Preston and Oldham games. However, I was displeased to note that there was nothing about Rochdale's superb 3 - 2 away victory at Swindon. Does someone over there have a downer on Rochdale AFC? . Just a reminder, the current positions in League One are Preston 3rd, Oldham 8th, Rochdale 9th - 2 points behind Oldham with a game in hand. PLEASE can we have some balance in the reporting?
A deserved point! on 20:35 - Oct 22 with 2085 viewswindowsbug

The FL72 review show gives a better commentary.
A deserved point! on 20:41 - Oct 22 with 2050 viewslove_the_dale

A deserved point! on 20:35 - Oct 22 by windowsbug

The FL72 review show gives a better commentary.

Thanks for that. My thinking was more concerned with the Dale getting a fair crack of the whip on the main TV channels. I was thinking that if as many people as people complained to the relevant authorities, we might get more publicity and thus more people inclined to pay us a visit.
A deserved point! on 21:07 - Oct 22 with 1991 viewsTVOS1907

A deserved point! on 20:41 - Oct 22 by love_the_dale

Thanks for that. My thinking was more concerned with the Dale getting a fair crack of the whip on the main TV channels. I was thinking that if as many people as people complained to the relevant authorities, we might get more publicity and thus more people inclined to pay us a visit.

They won't; it's been going on for years and you'll probably get the same standard reply they used to send out in the 1990s.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A deserved point! on 22:08 - Oct 22 with 1895 viewslove_the_dale

A deserved point! on 21:07 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

They won't; it's been going on for years and you'll probably get the same standard reply they used to send out in the 1990s.

OK, I'll not bother then.
A deserved point! on 22:25 - Oct 22 with 1856 viewstony_roch975

A deserved point! on 20:41 - Oct 22 by love_the_dale

Problem is paying a visit to Spotland isn't very rewarding at the moment cos our home results are so inferior to our away ones. I'm happy to watch the home-grown talent, great passing football, honest endeavour, fair play, collective effort and no little skill we've witnessed at home (even when the results are disappointing) knowing it's the basis from which our counter-attacking tactics away from home (where we don't face the 'deep block' tactics of oppositions sides at home) can breed such great results as last night - but I suspect I'm in a small minority.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

A deserved point! on 23:37 - Oct 22 with 1777 viewsD_Alien

A deserved point! on 22:25 - Oct 22 by tony_roch975

Problem is paying a visit to Spotland isn't very rewarding at the moment cos our home results are so inferior to our away ones. I'm happy to watch the home-grown talent, great passing football, honest endeavour, fair play, collective effort and no little skill we've witnessed at home (even when the results are disappointing) knowing it's the basis from which our counter-attacking tactics away from home (where we don't face the 'deep block' tactics of oppositions sides at home) can breed such great results as last night - but I suspect I'm in a small minority.

That's a fair point, and eloquently made; but if you leave a player on the bench who's capable of prising open the 'deep block' tactics, you get the disappointing (overall) home results.

After the Walsall and Coventry victories, it seemed to most of us that our fantastic manager had found the right formula at home, only to dispense with it. Can you honestly tell me why you think 4-0 and 1-0 with Dawson/Allen/Hery should translate to 0-1 and 1-1 with one of that trio dropped?

[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 23:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A deserved point! on 00:16 - Oct 23 with 1725 viewslove_the_dale

Some good points in the last two posts, but the thread seems to have been lost.
A deserved point! on 08:08 - Oct 23 with 1615 viewstony_roch975

A deserved point! on 23:37 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

That's a fair point, and eloquently made; but if you leave a player on the bench who's capable of prising open the 'deep block' tactics, you get the disappointing (overall) home results.

After the Walsall and Coventry victories, it seemed to most of us that our fantastic manager had found the right formula at home, only to dispense with it. Can you honestly tell me why you think 4-0 and 1-0 with Dawson/Allen/Hery should translate to 0-1 and 1-1 with one of that trio dropped?

[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 23:41]

I'm another Bastien fan, like many on this board I love his 'maverick' potential to ghost past midfield opponents, whilst acknowledging that (like any of our players) he can make costly decisions in the crucial centre of the pitch from which oppositions can break straight on to our back 4. It's all about fine margins, our goals to shots ratio this season has been so high that 3-2 victories like at Swindon are actually gained from only half a dozen shots on target. To expect that conversion rate to happen every match is unrealistic (cf the recent Hill comments) and to be fair if our players never made those occasional costly decisions, they wouldn't be our players cos they'd be in a league or two higher. To be fair to the team Hill picked against Gillingham, without Bastien they still produced 20 shots, 9 on target. There may be an issue with modern coaching that organisation and passing are valued above the old-fashioned skills of dribbling and beating people - Bastien may be a casualty of that, but I'm just grateful to have the chance to watch such good football played with the values which make me proud to be a Dale fan.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

A deserved point! on 10:56 - Oct 23 with 1544 viewsmidlandsdale

Is it simply that Hill feels he needs to accommodate Lund?
A deserved point! on 11:26 - Oct 23 with 1500 viewstazzydjr

The BBC can never be wrong they don't even respond to complaints the best way to get around that is going directly to Media City UK and Pulling whoever the writer is to one side, these views will soon change as the writer is obviously a Championship/Premiership Football Fan making it look like Matches below the Championship not so exciting

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

A deserved point! on 11:37 - Oct 23 with 1479 viewsDaleView

A deserved point! on 19:27 - Oct 22 by love_the_dale

Further to your observation on Saturday's FLS, which I also noticed, I have just sent the following to "North West Tonight".

I have just watched tonight's, Wednesday's, edition of the admirable NWT programme. In the football report, I was pleased to see reports and pictures of the Blackburn, Preston and Oldham games. However, I was displeased to note that there was nothing about Rochdale's superb 3 - 2 away victory at Swindon. Does someone over there have a downer on Rochdale AFC? . Just a reminder, the current positions in League One are Preston 3rd, Oldham 8th, Rochdale 9th - 2 points behind Oldham with a game in hand. PLEASE can we have some balance in the reporting?

Some time ago, I was so displeased with North West Tonight that I sent them an e-mail suggesting that it be re-named "Bad News Tonight" since it was forever reporting as its main story....Murder, robery, rape, deaths, road accidents etc. etc. I was told that they tried to get a "balance" of reports in the program since good journalism demanded that. I suggested that there was plenty of good news stories that could front the program. The response that I received from that observation was "You obviously don't like the program.......I suggest that you switch to another channel"
I didn't tell "Auntie"
So your comments on not reporting the "good news" concerning The Dale does not surprise me one little bit. These programme editors are (at best ) poor and frequently absolutely rubbish.
A deserved point! on 11:45 - Oct 23 with 1464 viewstazzydjr

The BBC Director of Sport email is barbara.slater@bbc.co.uk according to the BBC Who's Who think every fan in League One & Two should email her then something will have to be done about the bias broadcasts which only focus on the Championship
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 11:45]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

A deserved point! on 19:38 - Oct 23 with 1332 viewsolympicdale

A deserved point! on 22:08 - Oct 22 by love_the_dale

OK, I'll not bother then.

it gets easier once you accept it...

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024