Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managing expectations 08:30 - Oct 21 with 2150 viewsYouTubeDale

Hilly is saying that we should get more exited by every game in League 1 because we need to establish ourselves as a League 1 side. The atmosphere against Gillingham he described as "eerie". The expectation of the fans is too high. We are not going to get automatic promotion, or in the playoffs but we should be over the moon with a 5th from bottom finish. Because if we overstretch ourselves then it could be the end of our club.

I wonder if he has bury in mind when he makes those comments?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Managing expectations on 09:05 - Oct 21 with 2091 viewsdingdangblue

Gillingham at home - whatever division we are in is never going to get the pulse racing. Scoring goals gets people excited - and unfortunately apart from the Walsall game there haven't been many to shout about so far this season. The next 3 home should be better with Preston, Doncaster and Oldham visiting.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Managing expectations on 09:12 - Oct 21 with 2071 viewstazzydjr

"We are not going to get automatic promotion, or in the playoffs but we should be over the moon with a 5th from bottom finish."

YTD i totally disagree nobody is untouchable in this entire league from Day 1 i feel that 5th Place has Rochdale's name written all over it, we play far better football than the other 18 sides who are also pushing for that 5th Place position to do either a Rotherham United, a Scunny Utd or a Yeovil Town, in football expect the unexpected.

Come May i feel the League One Play Offs are calling for many reasons.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Managing expectations on 09:53 - Oct 21 with 2014 viewsmidlandsdale

This is just Hilly managing expectations, nothing more, nothing less.
Managing expectations on 12:26 - Oct 21 with 1900 viewsYouTubeDale

Managing expectations on 09:12 - Oct 21 by tazzydjr

"We are not going to get automatic promotion, or in the playoffs but we should be over the moon with a 5th from bottom finish."

YTD i totally disagree nobody is untouchable in this entire league from Day 1 i feel that 5th Place has Rochdale's name written all over it, we play far better football than the other 18 sides who are also pushing for that 5th Place position to do either a Rotherham United, a Scunny Utd or a Yeovil Town, in football expect the unexpected.

Come May i feel the League One Play Offs are calling for many reasons.

Taz, "We are not going to get automatic promotion, or in the playoffs but we should be over the moon with a 5th from bottom finish."
These are not my thoughts, this is the gist of what Hilly is saying.

I think that we will get a top half finish.

Managing expectations on 12:48 - Oct 21 with 1831 viewstazzydjr

Managing expectations on 12:26 - Oct 21 by YouTubeDale

Taz, "We are not going to get automatic promotion, or in the playoffs but we should be over the moon with a 5th from bottom finish."
These are not my thoughts, this is the gist of what Hilly is saying.

I think that we will get a top half finish.

Fair enough i were multitasking so i skin-read it sorry

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Managing expectations on 13:39 - Oct 21 with 1717 views442Dale

Managing expectations on 09:53 - Oct 21 by midlandsdale

This is just Hilly managing expectations, nothing more, nothing less.

It's been said so many times that managing expectations might as well have a squad number.

The atmosphere was fine on Saturday, if there was any negativity or eerieness it wasn't so noticeable that it warrants a mention. Maybe the expectation of the supporters' behaviour is too high.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 13:46]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Managing expectations on 14:19 - Oct 21 with 1652 viewsD_Alien

Managing expectations on 13:39 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

It's been said so many times that managing expectations might as well have a squad number.

The atmosphere was fine on Saturday, if there was any negativity or eerieness it wasn't so noticeable that it warrants a mention. Maybe the expectation of the supporters' behaviour is too high.

Well said.

But tbf, for those last few minutes when it started to go dark and they'd equalized, eerie is not only pretty accurate but entirely appropriate

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Managing expectations on 15:46 - Oct 21 with 1549 viewslove_the_dale

Agreed. I have the utmost respect for Keith, and I give as much, and probably more, vocal support to the team as the next person, but his constant carping about the supporters is becoming somewhat tiresome, and I fear it may become counterproductive. Carrots better than sticks!
Login to get fewer ads

Managing expectations on 15:52 - Oct 21 with 1536 viewsaleanddale

Agreed - well put..

And D Alien hits nail on head - what do they expect miss a host of chances - then they pop one in totally against the run of play with less than 10 minutes left.

No wonder the mood was as dark as the sky!!
Managing expectations on 18:17 - Oct 21 with 1420 viewsDaleFan7

We're doing great to be in League 1 and I think anything above relegation this season to say we haven't really added to the squad in terms of people coming in that much will be great. The emergence of players like Tanser too.

But having said that. You take the Walsall game out of the equation where there was a small crowd too. We've scored 3 goals in 8 home games this season, one of which was a penalty. It's not going to draw the crowds in or get the fans 'excited' really is it?
Managing expectations on 08:25 - Oct 22 with 1202 viewsYouTubeDale

Managing expectations on 12:48 - Oct 21 by tazzydjr

Fair enough i were multitasking so i skin-read it sorry

I can fart and burp at the same time too !!

Managing expectations on 13:58 - Oct 24 with 887 viewsD_Dale

Managing expectations on 15:46 - Oct 21 by love_the_dale

Agreed. I have the utmost respect for Keith, and I give as much, and probably more, vocal support to the team as the next person, but his constant carping about the supporters is becoming somewhat tiresome, and I fear it may become counterproductive. Carrots better than sticks!

The following from the OS today (24 Oct) reads like a bit of a PR exercise to reassure the fans. KH, though, is somewhat less effusive than Andrew Kilpatrick.

Club President Andrew Kilpatrick and Manager Keith Hill have praised fans for their continued support.

Mr Kilpatrick took in Tuesday night’s game against Swindon Town at the County Ground and was impressed with the support shown.

“One of the highlights of the evening was the massive contribution of the 174 travelling supporters, who produced an unbelievable volume of noise,” said Mr Kilpartick.

“They never stopped singing and were an absolute credit to the club. They deserved the win just as much as the players and the staff.

“It was very easy for me travelling just 45 minutes to be there, but I do not underestimate the commitment that they made to do that round-trip in mid-week.”

Manager Keith Hill has also recognised the contribution made by supporters.

He said: “I understand that the fans spend a lot of money to support their team and it can be special, like it was on Tuesday night. It can also be so disappointing within the space of 90 minutes but they keep turning up and spending their money. We’ll keep trying to provide victories for them.”
Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/praise-24.10.14-2037161.aspx#aIUOx9KRI
Managing expectations on 17:12 - Oct 24 with 781 viewslove_the_dale

In fairness to Keith, the OS is accidentally not doing him any favours. The comments from AK would have been written down in advance or someone asked hm specifically for comments, whereas Keith's words were taken from Dale Player. This was a 12+ minute interview, covering a multitude of topics. He wasn't actually being asked about the spectators, but chose to deviate from the previous question so that he could speak about them. Having said that, I do stand by my previous words.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 17:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024