Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals from last night 12:02 - Oct 22 with 2482 viewsColDale

Goals from last night on 12:14 - Oct 22 with 2424 views442Dale

There is some great football in the lead up to our first goal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Goals from last night on 12:15 - Oct 22 with 2410 viewsColDale

Goals from last night on 12:14 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

There is some great football in the lead up to our first goal.

definitely. You reckon their second was intentional?
Goals from last night on 12:18 - Oct 22 with 2396 views442Dale

Goals from last night on 12:15 - Oct 22 by ColDale

definitely. You reckon their second was intentional?

Good improvisation maybe. It cuts away just as Logan starts to do a fantastic Kasperkicktheball impression. They must practice it at Leicester.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Goals from last night on 12:30 - Oct 22 with 2338 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Swindon clearly can't defend. They must have had around 8 players in their box each time we scored!!
Goals from last night on 12:34 - Oct 22 with 2319 viewsisitme

For their first, four of our players dive in to challenges. Their second was either a fluke or a sublime peace of skill.

Great build up for our first and two good deliveries for our second/third.
Goals from last night on 16:30 - Oct 22 with 1978 viewsdingdangblue

Goals from last night on 12:34 - Oct 22 by isitme

For their first, four of our players dive in to challenges. Their second was either a fluke or a sublime peace of skill.

Great build up for our first and two good deliveries for our second/third.

Wonderful header from Hery for the winner. About time we had a runner at the front post! Against Gillingham half the corners went to the opposition player stood there. As for Hery - I don't know whats happened behind the scenes - whether he's upset Hilly or there's a clash of personalities but I know at the end of last season he was the main reason we avoided the play offs in those last few games and this season when we've won he's been a major part of our good play. A real talent who needs to play.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Goals from last night on 16:49 - Oct 22 with 1924 viewsisitme

Goals from last night on 16:30 - Oct 22 by dingdangblue

Wonderful header from Hery for the winner. About time we had a runner at the front post! Against Gillingham half the corners went to the opposition player stood there. As for Hery - I don't know whats happened behind the scenes - whether he's upset Hilly or there's a clash of personalities but I know at the end of last season he was the main reason we avoided the play offs in those last few games and this season when we've won he's been a major part of our good play. A real talent who needs to play.

In his post match interview Hilly said there was some debate whether to start Lund or Hery. He said that Lund provided a more box to box option, therefore he started.
Goals from last night on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 1861 viewsChaffRAFC

Goals from last night on 16:30 - Oct 22 by dingdangblue

Hill has said before, and he's quite right, that Bastien is wonderfully skilled and wonderful to watch but he can also cause as many problems for us as he does the opposition. He gives the ball away far too much in silly areas. His decision making leaves a lot to be desired, for example, his first contribution in the Barnsley game was to run with the ball right across his own six yard box while being chased by two Barnsley players!

He's a very good player but I fully understand why Hill has reservations.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Goals from last night on 18:12 - Oct 22 with 1754 viewsborntogo

Goals from last night on 17:16 - Oct 22 by ChaffRAFC

Hill has said before, and he's quite right, that Bastien is wonderfully skilled and wonderful to watch but he can also cause as many problems for us as he does the opposition. He gives the ball away far too much in silly areas. His decision making leaves a lot to be desired, for example, his first contribution in the Barnsley game was to run with the ball right across his own six yard box while being chased by two Barnsley players!

This is a fallacy. Sure, Bastien might give the ball away a bit more than others but that is because he takes people on and moves into positions which are more advanced and draw forth more pressure on the ball. Hill gets lots of things right, often, but I question his attitude towards Hery. It also wasn't fair highlighting this spurious fault in his game because too many Daleys have jumped on it and it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.

If everyone knocks the ball sideways or double-backs when an opposition player comes into view, no player will ever make a mistake again but, at best, we will draw 0-0 every week and get very, very bored.
Goals from last night on 18:26 - Oct 22 with 1722 viewsnordenblue

Goals from last night on 18:12 - Oct 22 by borntogo

This is a fallacy. Sure, Bastien might give the ball away a bit more than others but that is because he takes people on and moves into positions which are more advanced and draw forth more pressure on the ball. Hill gets lots of things right, often, but I question his attitude towards Hery. It also wasn't fair highlighting this spurious fault in his game because too many Daleys have jumped on it and it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.

If everyone knocks the ball sideways or double-backs when an opposition player comes into view, no player will ever make a mistake again but, at best, we will draw 0-0 every week and get very, very bored.

I'd guess Hilly may well know Herys weaknesses just a touch more than us fans on a forum, as he's proved with Rose friendship or not he'll not carry passengers or liabilities for the good of a team
Goals from last night on 18:56 - Oct 22 with 1649 viewsD_Alien

Totally agree with this, and I don't care if that isn't the view that KH takes, or that other people follow blindly.

That business about running across his box with the ball was actually the least risky option in the situation Hery found himself in. If he'd tried to wallop the ball from where he received it, there would've been a fair chance of it hitting a player and deflecting either into the goal or to an unmarked striker. It was, in fact, a situation Hery had the footballing intelligence to sum up in a flash when many players would've panicked, and the skill to escape from.

No doubt KH will be working behind the scenes to improve his positional play and defensive capability which is coming on leaps and bounds, but sometimes you just have to give talent the freedom to blossom.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Goals from last night on 19:08 - Oct 22 with 1601 viewsdingdangblue

Goals from last night on 17:16 - Oct 22 by ChaffRAFC

I'm just glad his decision making was good enough to contribute massively in getting us over the line last season when we started to wobble. Also a great decision to run to the near post and glance a wonderful downward header for our winner last night. He takes risks, he's a maverick but what I've seen this season and last makes me think he's a fantastic talent who I love watching play.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Goals from last night on 19:16 - Oct 22 with 1578 viewsDaleaholic

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Goals from last night on 20:05 - Oct 22 with 1473 viewsChaffRAFC

Goals from last night on 19:08 - Oct 22 by dingdangblue

I'm just glad his decision making was good enough to contribute massively in getting us over the line last season when we started to wobble. Also a great decision to run to the near post and glance a wonderful downward header for our winner last night. He takes risks, he's a maverick but what I've seen this season and last makes me think he's a fantastic talent who I love watching play.

Not denying the last bit at all. Great player to watch.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Goals from last night on 20:09 - Oct 22 with 1462 viewsrobbowood

But we hardly ever draw 0-0 and I for one have rarely been bored since Hilly came back such has been the quality of football win, lose or draw

I see you where you are coming from - and nobody doubts Hery's skill - but as others have said Hilly knows more about what goes on in training than we will ever do. It's all about the team (not the individual) and how the players interact with each other in terms of the right tactics to play against the opposition once the whistle goes

I have no doubt Hery will have a big say before the end of the season as most likely Rose will also
Goals from last night on 20:29 - Oct 22 with 1405 viewsdownunder

Goals from last night on 18:26 - Oct 22 by nordenblue

I'd guess Hilly may well know Herys weaknesses just a touch more than us fans on a forum, as he's proved with Rose friendship or not he'll not carry passengers or liabilities for the good of a team

Agree. KH trusts all members of his squad to do a job, and this allows him to occasionally leave him out. Why? Perhaps to keep his "feet on the ground", develop him into a better professional footballer, and increase his value to the club. Paddy had/has talent by the bucket load, but it can be argued he fell short in his career.
Goals from last night on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 1222 viewsD_Dale

Sky's round-up of last night's L1 matches: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/9529542/lea
Goals from last night on 23:20 - Oct 22 with 1170 viewsD_Dale

Goals from last night on 22:49 - Oct 22 by D_Dale

Sky's round-up of last night's L1 matches: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/9529542/lea

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/95 - a few familiar names (Dicker, Gornell, Cummins and of course JLAA) crop up in the L2 action.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 23:21]
Goals from last night on 13:10 - Oct 23 with 956 viewsFrog

I love the way the team celebrates, it looks like they are a TEAM and are enjoying this journey every bit as much as we are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024