Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take 17:49 - Oct 23 with 1776 viewsaleanddale

Get the simple things done well...

Just driven past Spotland on Thursday night as its going Dark at 17.30.

Looked up at the board to see the Mighty PNE up there ( Better than seeing Dagenham )

and low and behold - Our next match is Gillingham on Saturday 18th.

Have we really given up doing the simplist of simple jobs?.

I am getting bored typing the same old same old.....
Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 1734 viewsDaleaholic

I don't think it matters if it's up to date or not. The only people who look at the board it would seem, are dale fans who already know what it should be displaying. So it wouldn't really have any sort of positive/negative impact on attendance. Plus, we're not at home till next Saturday.

It's been done to death on here. We won't get the attendances the team deserves, even if we were top of the league.

If it irks you that much, why didn't you just pop into the club office and give them a polite reminder that the sign was still showing the Gillingham game?

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 18:26 - Oct 23 with 1660 views442Dale

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 18:01 - Oct 23 by Daleaholic

I don't think it matters if it's up to date or not. The only people who look at the board it would seem, are dale fans who already know what it should be displaying. So it wouldn't really have any sort of positive/negative impact on attendance. Plus, we're not at home till next Saturday.

It's been done to death on here. We won't get the attendances the team deserves, even if we were top of the league.

If it irks you that much, why didn't you just pop into the club office and give them a polite reminder that the sign was still showing the Gillingham game?

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1803

"there was a commitment to ensure that the new Fixture Board that faces the traffic on Sandy Lane is kept up to date at all times"

To be fair to the club, the board was changed during games recently ahead of the next match. Not sure why such a plan isn't followed all the time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 19:16 - Oct 23 with 1554 viewsTVOS1907

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 18:01 - Oct 23 by Daleaholic

He shouldn't have to.

Regardless of whether it boosts the crowd or not, it's simply sloppy practice.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 20:58 - Oct 23 with 1419 views49thseason

Be easier to pull the bloody thing down.
In fact it would probably be cheaper to simply scrap all marketing, sponsorship, half time kickabout shite, soccer in the community, club shop and make all the useless fockers redundant. then we could have a nice clean stadium with no out-of-date signs, no crappy adverts for Sheffield fans to tear down, no Scottish mumblemouth on the pitch at half time , no unreadable golden grumble numbers, no incoherent team announcements, no fat twot in a dragon costume with his belly hanging out, no endless manc music. We would be quids in! Proper football fans would flock to Spotland.
Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 21:19 - Oct 23 with 1360 viewsYouTubeDale

More than anything else it sends out the wrong message, the wrong vibe, that we don't care, whatever...

Keith Hill talks about EVERYONE in the club upping their game from thinking League 2 Rochdale division to embracing League 1 as our division. This may be a small thing in the whole picture but it shouldn't be ignored. Yes, better not to advertise the game at all in that space than be out of date.

To go to the other end of the spectrum, as Keith wants it, we should be excited about hosting a League 1 game. We should have it in bright lights (all gifts welcome from the police) especially as we play near neighbours Preston North End. Get the minibus circling Rochdale avec loud speakers hailing this spectacle complete with dramatic posters. Go over the top American-style if we have to.

Do something.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 21:38 - Oct 23 with 1320 viewsTTNYear

It just needs imagination and dynamism. All sadly lacking at the moment.

List below what our club is doing outside the norm of fixture board and observer that promotes the club... Apart from twitter I'm struggling.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 21:39]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:08 - Oct 23 with 1245 viewsR17ALE

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 20:58 - Oct 23 by 49thseason

Be easier to pull the bloody thing down.
In fact it would probably be cheaper to simply scrap all marketing, sponsorship, half time kickabout shite, soccer in the community, club shop and make all the useless fockers redundant. then we could have a nice clean stadium with no out-of-date signs, no crappy adverts for Sheffield fans to tear down, no Scottish mumblemouth on the pitch at half time , no unreadable golden grumble numbers, no incoherent team announcements, no fat twot in a dragon costume with his belly hanging out, no endless manc music. We would be quids in! Proper football fans would flock to Spotland.

tbf Football in the Community is the only arm of the club actively promoting the club in the community, and doing a good job of it from what I hear.

Pretty much agree with the rest though.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:27 - Oct 23 with 1209 viewsolympicdale

"I don't think it matters if it's up to date or not. The only people who look at the board it would seem, are dale fans who already know what it should be displaying."

We'll whats the point having it if that's the case. It's not really the point the poster was making, it's surely someones job to update this within the club, a passer by who isn't in the know may look at it and decide to come along, but not if we aren't bothering changing it.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:37 - Oct 23 with 1180 viewsjudd

I believe it is the job of the groundstaff, who have been busy growing grass for the cameras all week.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:45 - Oct 23 with 1152 viewstazzydjr

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:37 - Oct 23 by judd

I believe it is the job of the groundstaff, who have been busy growing grass for the cameras all week.

There should always be a back up plan in place so the fixture board is always changed even if it's same night of match or at 2.00 in the afternoon during a day match before a match

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:48 - Oct 23 with 1141 viewsTTNYear

'Dope and Dale'

Might be worth a go.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:49 - Oct 23 with 1135 viewsjudd

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:45 - Oct 23 by tazzydjr

There should always be a back up plan in place so the fixture board is always changed even if it's same night of match or at 2.00 in the afternoon during a day match before a match

Fair point, Tazzy lad.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:49 - Oct 23 with 1135 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Did n't some fan offer to replace the fixture board and maintain it to a better standard....or Am I dreaming.

It must be re-freshed though,there might be just an odd fan or so that finally pays heed to the thing and turns up with his lucre!
Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:58 - Oct 23 with 1106 viewsSwissdale

I'm amazed by the amount of attention the bloody fixture board gets on this forum. Does anyone seriously think that people are relying on this for up to date fixture information?

As this is turning yet another thread about marketing / promotion / attendances etc I'll give my opinion.

I agree that marketing of the club leaves a lot to be desired, but let's face it, this town is probably the most difficult market to operate in. 99% of the football 'fans' in this town arrogantly look down on us with disdain and make uninformed statements about the quality of football on show. Too tight to put their hands in their pockets to watch the clubs they claim to support, we aren't going to persuade them to pay to come watch "that bloody shite".

I used to really believe when we were perennially shit that if, one day, we finally got promoted, the town would wake up and start to come to spotland. We went up, crowds didn't. I'm now of the opinion that I don't give a crap. If the morons in this town don't want to support their local team, and would rather sit in the pub watching players they've never seen in the flesh on Norwegian TV then so be it, their loss.

I don't care that crowds are low. I like seeing the same faces I've been seeing every Saturday for twenty years, and know that everyone else is enjoying the good times as much as I am. Whilst it's lovely to see big crowds like Leeds at home last year, half of me is sitting through those games in resentment thinking "where were these pricks last week?".
Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 23:14 - Oct 23 with 1073 viewsTTNYear

If the club had tried I'd agree with you. They haven't, so I don't.

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 23:14 - Oct 23 with 1074 viewstazzydjr

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:58 - Oct 23 by Swissdale

I'm amazed by the amount of attention the bloody fixture board gets on this forum. Does anyone seriously think that people are relying on this for up to date fixture information?

As this is turning yet another thread about marketing / promotion / attendances etc I'll give my opinion.

I agree that marketing of the club leaves a lot to be desired, but let's face it, this town is probably the most difficult market to operate in. 99% of the football 'fans' in this town arrogantly look down on us with disdain and make uninformed statements about the quality of football on show. Too tight to put their hands in their pockets to watch the clubs they claim to support, we aren't going to persuade them to pay to come watch "that bloody shite".

I used to really believe when we were perennially shit that if, one day, we finally got promoted, the town would wake up and start to come to spotland. We went up, crowds didn't. I'm now of the opinion that I don't give a crap. If the morons in this town don't want to support their local team, and would rather sit in the pub watching players they've never seen in the flesh on Norwegian TV then so be it, their loss.

I don't care that crowds are low. I like seeing the same faces I've been seeing every Saturday for twenty years, and know that everyone else is enjoying the good times as much as I am. Whilst it's lovely to see big crowds like Leeds at home last year, half of me is sitting through those games in resentment thinking "where were these pricks last week?".

"half of me is sitting through those games in resentment thinking "where were these pricks last week?". "

Southend United Fans must of felt the same that Tuesday Night at Spotland after their massive crowd at Wembley in JPT Final

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 00:02 - Oct 24 with 1030 viewsolympicdale

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:37 - Oct 23 by judd

hopefully the only weed we see on the pitch

Life is a game of fate.

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 00:53 - Oct 24 with 1007 viewsShun

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 22:58 - Oct 23 by Swissdale

With regards to your first point, I think it's more important than you're making out. Not for us, obviously. We all know who our next game is against and when it is. And not for the semi-regulars either - they can look online or in the paper simply enough.

I don't think that's who the board is aimed at, but rather everybody else who would ordinarily not even think about going to watch Rochdale. If somebody's driving past the ground (an oft-travelled road, and a fixture board in a very visible place) and sees a sign saying Rochdale are playing Sheffield United next week, they might just think, 'Hang on, they were in the Premier League not so long ago,' or, 'My mum's nephew's dog's long-lost cousin plays for them.' Who's to say something as simple as that wouldn't attract them? How else are *these* people going to know who we're playing next? They won't care enough to look up our fixtures online or in the paper. But if they see an attractive fixture written out in front of them as they're travelling by then it might entice them. Even if it's just one fan for just one game it's worth what must be no more than 3 minutes' work.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 0:54]
Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 10:00 - Oct 24 with 837 viewsDorsetDale

As stated by TVOS, the board not being updated just smacks of sloppiness. Of course, it may be the case that an update makes little difference to match day numbers but that isn't the sole issue. In fact, to my mind, it doesn't even matter if an up to date board advertising what may be perceived as an unattractive fixture has a negative effect.

It's about getting things done and if the people responsible for these kind of (important) little jobs getting done have the all too familiar cba attitude, what hope is there for the bigger picture.

If the state of play carries on in this manner the club will fail simply for lack of foresight.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 10:02 - Oct 24 with 834 viewsD_Alien

The whole issue is really very simple.

Rochdale AFC are a professional football club.

The Dale board should ensure they conduct their business professionally.

Failing to update a board advertising the next fixture (which every club has outside their ground) is unprofessional

[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 10:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 10:20 - Oct 24 with 802 viewsScunnydale

We should make hay while the grass grows. We've had some good publicity this week, so in some sort of joint effort, we should replace our mascot.

Nothing against Desmond, but having a dragon has always seemed a potty idea to me. Therefore, I propose we say farewell to Des and welcome Dopey the Dale Doobie instead.
Been Done 1000 times before - isnt any easier to take on 10:25 - Oct 24 with 791 viewsFrog

How about giving the board to a local company who advertises on part of it in return for paying for the posters and putting them up to advertise games?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024