Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keef hoping 13:18 - Oct 24 with 6074 viewsmacro

To make a new signing. Watch this space...
Keef hoping on 13:33 - Oct 24 with 4284 viewsBingoballs

COG hopefully.
Keef hoping on 14:02 - Oct 24 with 4189 viewsChaffRAFC

Well, having just listened to the interview, there are a couple of things you can take from his comments about bringing someone in.

He mentions it's with a view to a loan signing and he also says "there's a player he wants..." which to me, means it's someone he knows well as opposed to a Shamir Fenelon style loan which seemed to be a more hope rather than expectancy type of loan signing in terms of not really knowing what he was getting other than a lad with lots of potential. His comments sounded like heknew more about this player.

That doesn't mean I think it's Chris O'Grady because I don't but it wouldn't surprise me if it's someone he's managed before.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Keef hoping on 14:06 - Oct 24 with 4167 viewsSuddenLad

Keef hoping on 14:02 - Oct 24 by ChaffRAFC

Well, having just listened to the interview, there are a couple of things you can take from his comments about bringing someone in.

He mentions it's with a view to a loan signing and he also says "there's a player he wants..." which to me, means it's someone he knows well as opposed to a Shamir Fenelon style loan which seemed to be a more hope rather than expectancy type of loan signing in terms of not really knowing what he was getting other than a lad with lots of potential. His comments sounded like heknew more about this player.

That doesn't mean I think it's Chris O'Grady because I don't but it wouldn't surprise me if it's someone he's managed before.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I'd agree with that summary.

It might well be COG who had his best days in a Dale shirt. Craig Davies is another name in the frame perhaps ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keef hoping on 14:09 - Oct 24 with 4140 viewsstigmundo77

Either would be immense signings but lets have a pinch of Reality here, COGBA is on 9k + per week and Davies Similar. More likely a journeyman attacking midfielder for me, or a winger
Keef hoping on 14:17 - Oct 24 with 4109 viewsboromat

Sounds like its someone he knows as a player but not as a person he says he'll look to sign him longer term if he fits into the make up of the squad.

Interesting to see who it is, I think its safe to say we're all expecting a striker but wouldnt be suprised if its a wide man.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Keef hoping on 14:45 - Oct 24 with 3996 viewsdalefan

Keef hoping on 14:17 - Oct 24 by boromat

Sounds like its someone he knows as a player but not as a person he says he'll look to sign him longer term if he fits into the make up of the squad.

Interesting to see who it is, I think its safe to say we're all expecting a striker but wouldnt be suprised if its a wide man.

It could be someone he has worked with before but someone who hasn't worked with this squad of players so he doesn't know how they will interact with the squad.
So it could be super Chris
Keef hoping on 15:00 - Oct 24 with 3903 viewsSuddenLad

Keef hoping on 14:09 - Oct 24 by stigmundo77

Either would be immense signings but lets have a pinch of Reality here, COGBA is on 9k + per week and Davies Similar. More likely a journeyman attacking midfielder for me, or a winger

We don't do journeymen anymore.

Keef hoping on 15:02 - Oct 24 with 3887 viewsMoonyDale

Heard this morning that Balotelli might be going out on loan.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Keef hoping on 15:09 - Oct 24 with 3847 viewstazzydjr

Keef hoping on 14:09 - Oct 24 by stigmundo77

I'm sure COGba came to The Mighty Dale because them Looney Tunes Latics were making him to start to give up on his love of the beautiful game, when he came the fortress his passion for the game returned
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 15:10]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Keef hoping on 15:20 - Oct 24 with 3775 viewsTVOS1907

Keef hoping on 15:02 - Oct 24 by MoonyDale

Our players only get three shirts each.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keef hoping on 08:10 - Oct 25 with 3304 viewsjokerthief

Ched Evans has been mentioned...
Keef hoping on 09:34 - Oct 25 with 3201 viewsoff2div1

Keef hoping on 15:02 - Oct 24 by MoonyDale

How much are they paying us to baby sit him!
Keef hoping on 10:16 - Oct 25 with 3122 views_dezzy

I don't think even Keef could turn that bad boy into good. Plus dont want him anyway.

KHBA

Keef hoping on 12:16 - Oct 25 with 2944 viewselectricblue

Cost Dale a fortune in stewards and policing......
Money better spent elsewhere......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Keef hoping on 14:32 - Oct 25 with 2747 viewsolympicdale

Keef hoping on 08:10 - Oct 25 by jokerthief

Ched Evans has been mentioned...

there goes 50% of the home crowds then, will definitely be fascinating to see where he winds up.

Life is a game of fate.

Keef hoping on 17:57 - Oct 25 with 2564 viewsDomDale

Keef hoping on 14:32 - Oct 25 by olympicdale

there goes 50% of the home crowds then, will definitely be fascinating to see where he winds up.

I don't think we'd lose 50% of the crowd if we did sign him. (I think it's unlikely anyway and I can't say I'd be pleased if it did come off).
Football fans are fickle. I'll admit I've given grief to the likes of Evans and Hughes at matches but in the back of my mind I've always wondered how we'd react to such a signing. He clearly has talent and would score plenty. How long would it for people to start cheering him on...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Keef hoping on 18:02 - Oct 25 with 2532 views_dezzy

If he did come here, i would not be happy. I would still come as i support the Dale, ( i remember a pole on here asking who would come the next season if coleman was still here, i said the same }

KHBA

Keef hoping on 18:03 - Oct 25 with 2517 viewsolympicdale

Keef hoping on 17:57 - Oct 25 by DomDale

I don't think we'd lose 50% of the crowd if we did sign him. (I think it's unlikely anyway and I can't say I'd be pleased if it did come off).
Football fans are fickle. I'll admit I've given grief to the likes of Evans and Hughes at matches but in the back of my mind I've always wondered how we'd react to such a signing. He clearly has talent and would score plenty. How long would it for people to start cheering him on...

I don't think so either, it was more of a reference to the female audience that we would lose.

I know how you mean, I do wonder what the reaction would be if we were to sign him, there is no doubt he was a quality player, but would we want to be seen as the club that gave his his first break back, I wouldn't think we'd want to tarnish the clubs reputation that much.

Life is a game of fate.

Keef hoping on 18:12 - Oct 25 with 2474 viewsSuddenLad

Keef hoping on 18:03 - Oct 25 by olympicdale

I don't think so either, it was more of a reference to the female audience that we would lose.

I know how you mean, I do wonder what the reaction would be if we were to sign him, there is no doubt he was a quality player, but would we want to be seen as the club that gave his his first break back, I wouldn't think we'd want to tarnish the clubs reputation that much.

Too much baggage however good he is or might be. Not the sort of publicity that we (or any club) would welcome.

Keef hoping on 18:26 - Oct 25 with 2396 viewssweetcorn

I just don't get how it would tarnish our reputation? Playing devils advocate (whether you think his sentence wa long enough or not) would it not show our club in a good light also that we were willing to give someone who has served his punishment and been "reformed" by the British justice system rather than just leaving him to rot for a mistake he once made?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Keef hoping on 18:29 - Oct 25 with 2369 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Keef hoping on 18:26 - Oct 25 by sweetcorn

I just don't get how it would tarnish our reputation? Playing devils advocate (whether you think his sentence wa long enough or not) would it not show our club in a good light also that we were willing to give someone who has served his punishment and been "reformed" by the British justice system rather than just leaving him to rot for a mistake he once made?

.......he's still claiming he is innocent,and is prepared to pay to prove it.
Keef hoping on 18:37 - Oct 25 with 2310 viewsSuddenLad

Keef hoping on 18:29 - Oct 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

As it stands, his case is being 'fast-tracked' by the Criminal Cases Review body with a view to an appeal and (he hopes) a subsequent acquittal.

He claims he is innocent, so if his appeal is successful, he will be. That will be the day clubs line up to sign him.

Keef hoping on 20:19 - Oct 25 with 2052 viewsnordenblue

Keef hoping on 18:29 - Oct 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

If people read properly about his case it would appear he's been absolutely stitched up royal and purely made an example of, how he ever got charged is a mystery given the co accused who did exactly the same when the girl was in a worse state got off with everything, as apparently she was in a fitter state to consent, yet not in any state to fully consent to Evans?!?
After reading the media circus around it i just regarded him in the same light as Hughes and co but having looked into it i genuinely believe he will get all charges against his name cleared eventually, it does seem unduly harsh
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 20:22]
Keef hoping on 21:28 - Oct 25 with 1882 viewsShun

What a weird sweeping statement. It isn't only women who rape offends.
Keef hoping on 21:33 - Oct 25 with 1852 viewsDomDale

Going off the whole Evans link here...

There's a player I actually wouldn't mind us signing and that's Dennis at Stockport. The guy bags seemingly every week (albeit 3 leagues below) including today against Conf Premier Chester. I went to a County game last season when we weren't playing and I said at the time I thought he'd be decent at L2/1. Worth a punt and I guess stockport wouldn't command a large fee.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024