Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Tom! 14:16 - Oct 24 with 2219 viewsEGP

Fans of crisis club, bury, were left reeling in turmoil following the announcement that The Shakers had swooped to re-sign former bucket, Tom Kennedy from League One Rochdale.

The signing prompted mixed reactions from supporters of the debt ridden outfit, especially after The Revolution launched a series of billboard advertising around the salubrious suburbs of the City.

Several fans felt Kennedy should follow Ched Evans' example, and issue a formal apology for his goal celebration at Spotland when neighbours Rochdale thumped the woeful Gigg Lane outfit 3-0. (Ched Evans is apologising for a rape for which he has also served time).

The reaction on the Big bury message board has left club staff scratching their heads in bewilderment. They expected that signing a proven League One player from more illustrious neighbours would have gone down well. Instead the opposite appears to be the case.

Further investigation revealed the general mood....

“Wish we could lose the Barnsley and Rochdale link totally”

“Some of the crowd’s reaction could be interesting”

"Adams got away with it, I don't think Tom will be so lucky"

“Lots of our fans couldn't stand him long before that game”

“When you score against your former employees then a modicum of respect is normally a given , to run the length of the pitch cupping his ear was at best classless and at worse senseless , I think an apology would be needed for many before he can creep back in under the radar”

“I am not sure what he has done in the past 3/4 years to suggest that he is still a top player”

“Totally underwhelmed with this”

“Never rated him and dont really feel happy about him signing”

“I wouldn't describe him as a proven left back. His career has been going backwards for a few seasons now”

“Never rated the guy and am gutted he is back”

“We do, I assume, see ourselves at this stage to be a 1st division club. Why are we signing a player who cannot get into a 1st division club?”

"I really hope we don't go back to the Blackwell days of constantly signing cast offs from inferior clubs!"

And so the debate rumbles on. Is a League One player good enough to play for a club, that is at this stage, a League One club? Despite having to play their fixtures in League Two, they are actually classed as League One.

EGP has sent a dossier on this remarkable and unfair situation to The Football League with a demand that bury are immediately elevated to League One.

Meanwhile everyone at EGP Towers thanks TK for his efforts and wishes him every success with the rest of his career.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 15:02]

They write themselves!

Poor Tom! on 16:22 - Oct 24 with 2012 viewsaleanddale

And so the debate rumbles on. Is a League One player good enough to play for a club, that is at this stage, a League One club? Despite having to play their fixtures in League Two, they are actually classed as League One.

They really are a #diluted bunch arnt they!
Poor Tom! on 16:50 - Oct 24 with 1937 viewsD_Alien

Sounds like he'll need his samurai topknot to head off the stick he's going to get

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Poor Tom! on 17:04 - Oct 24 with 1900 viewsrobbowood

Poor Tom! on 16:22 - Oct 24 by aleanddale

They really are a #diluted bunch arnt they!

Mr Stewart Day stated when he took over
“The new board will bring a variety of professionalism and experience within different sectors to support my vision to ensure we will be fighting for Championship football.”

Surely that 'famous old club' should be classed as a Championship club, not as League One club, even though they are currently playing in League Two
Poor Tom! on 19:33 - Oct 24 with 1685 viewsdalenumber2

Who gives any thing to poor Tom? whom the foul
fiend hath led through fire and through flame, and
through ford and whirlipool e'er bog and quagmire;
that hath laid knives under his pillow, and halters
in his pew; set ratsbane by his porridge; made film
proud of heart, to ride on a bay trotting-horse over
four-inched bridges, to course his own shadow for a
traitor. Bless thy five wits! Tom's a-cold,--O, do
de, do de, do de. Bless thee from whirlwinds,
star-blasting, and taking! Do poor Tom some
charity, whom the foul fiend vexes: there could I
have him now,--and there,--and there again, and there.

Sorry but the thread title made me want to quote this wonderful bit of Shakespeare. It's quite apt.
Poor Tom! on 22:14 - Oct 24 with 1471 viewsSandyman

Poor Tom! on 19:33 - Oct 24 by dalenumber2

Who gives any thing to poor Tom? whom the foul
fiend hath led through fire and through flame, and
through ford and whirlipool e'er bog and quagmire;
that hath laid knives under his pillow, and halters
in his pew; set ratsbane by his porridge; made film
proud of heart, to ride on a bay trotting-horse over
four-inched bridges, to course his own shadow for a
traitor. Bless thy five wits! Tom's a-cold,--O, do
de, do de, do de. Bless thee from whirlwinds,
star-blasting, and taking! Do poor Tom some
charity, whom the foul fiend vexes: there could I
have him now,--and there,--and there again, and there.

Sorry but the thread title made me want to quote this wonderful bit of Shakespeare. It's quite apt.

Splendid! Shakespeare nails it as usual.
I wonder if the offensive sick-minded cat-calling about Mr Kennedy's poor mother will be in evidence again from the buckets ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024