Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale v PNE 19:43 - Oct 25 with 10365 viewsdilleydaler

So. Another one of THOSE games. Expectation rising. Visiting side; in second place, well supported local team. City and Utd meet at Eastlands on Sunday. Oldham away. Bury at home, declining form, v Cambridge.

Floaters may be up for a fix.

Estimated gate?

I'll go 5,379.

That would be nice.
Dale v PNE on 19:50 - Oct 25 with 6629 viewsMoonyDale

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Dale v PNE on 20:16 - Oct 25 with 6527 views442Dale

Preston had sold around 700 tickets by last Monday. Today's win should see that number have doubled at least by now. They do play at Orient in midweek so another victory will probably result in a few more getting tickets.

Notice that all kids who attend the FITC courses this half term get a free ticket for an upcoming match:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/fitc-octobersessions-2014-1936085.aspx
Could info leaflets be given out too? Opportunity to promote the excellent free season tickets for 7s and under & the prices for other kids plus a quick ad for the Preston game that focuses on our "cheapest day out in football" award.

* the info is not the responsibility of the Football in the Community team to sort, they just need to be given a couple of hundred leaflets. Probably about an hour or so's work, stick something on the bottom to bring the leaflet to the club shop and claim a free programme, two reasons : kids have a momento from their day out and the success of such a simple promotion can be monitored.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale v PNE on 20:16 - Oct 25 with 6529 viewsSuddenLad

Think Cambridge will be the happier team next Saturday come 5 o'clock.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 19:02]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale v PNE on 00:02 - Oct 26 with 6265 viewsRosun

5670 against the match fixers.
Their whole defence were under investigation for match fixing last season.
If Calvin Andrew scores then I smell a rat.
Dale v PNE on 10:55 - Oct 26 with 6041 viewsaleanddale

PNE flying but so are we!!

Cracking game in prospect now on Saturday.

Crowd 4910
Dale v PNE on 11:01 - Oct 26 with 6020 viewsfrenzied

Garners goals were very impressive yesterday..can see a high scoring game... crowd...4.5 k at least
Dale v PNE on 11:03 - Oct 26 with 6018 viewsKenBoon

We should get a good crowd, and with good local press during the week it may whet the appetite of some floaters. It's just typical the Blue Brand and Red Brand are playing at the Brand Stadium the following day. Hopefully the club can go hard-sell with this. More than just the infamous next fixture board.
Dale v PNE on 12:10 - Oct 26 with 5919 viewsLondondale

Just demonstrates how important it is it stay in this division long term. The away followings this year will be far superior to those we had in League 2 (still have Oldham, Sheff Utd etc to come of course). Sure our home support tends to react slowly to success but we've seen in previous seasons (thinking the first promotion season in particular) we can get 3k plus home fans Regulalry once we're on a roll. Of course the big bonus is that each away fans has to pay us £20. If Preston bring 2k on Saturday that's another 40k in the coffers.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale v PNE on 18:53 - Oct 26 with 5619 viewsColDale

Apparently, Oldham have sold close to 1800 already for the game in a few weeks. If it's not already, I strongly suspect it will end up being all ticket. You'd have to assume given the number sold already, that they'll sell out the Willbutts.
Dale v PNE on 20:27 - Oct 26 with 5441 viewsR17ALE

Dale v PNE on 12:10 - Oct 26 by Londondale

Just demonstrates how important it is it stay in this division long term. The away followings this year will be far superior to those we had in League 2 (still have Oldham, Sheff Utd etc to come of course). Sure our home support tends to react slowly to success but we've seen in previous seasons (thinking the first promotion season in particular) we can get 3k plus home fans Regulalry once we're on a roll. Of course the big bonus is that each away fans has to pay us £20. If Preston bring 2k on Saturday that's another 40k in the coffers.

A Director once told me that a full Willbutts is worth £50,000 to us after additional police costs, Vat etc have been taken off, and concessions are taken into account.

in Coleman's last season, our total gate receipts were £575,000 for the whole ground over 23 games.

Therefore, in this league, you'd expect visitors to fill (or nearly fill) Willbutts half a dozen times. Which means that one stand in 6 games provides 50% of our annual 'take' compared to 2 seasons ago. It's all quite eye opening really, and fully supports your first sentence.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Dale v PNE on 20:47 - Oct 26 with 5387 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v PNE on 20:27 - Oct 26 by R17ALE

A Director once told me that a full Willbutts is worth £50,000 to us after additional police costs, Vat etc have been taken off, and concessions are taken into account.

in Coleman's last season, our total gate receipts were £575,000 for the whole ground over 23 games.

Therefore, in this league, you'd expect visitors to fill (or nearly fill) Willbutts half a dozen times. Which means that one stand in 6 games provides 50% of our annual 'take' compared to 2 seasons ago. It's all quite eye opening really, and fully supports your first sentence.

Yeah, but we'll still only have a teeny-weeny bit more matchday income than Pale's lot.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 21:16]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Dale v PNE on 21:12 - Oct 26 with 5320 viewsnordenblue

Dale v PNE on 20:47 - Oct 26 by TVOS1907

Yeah, but we'll still only have a teeny-weeny bit more matchday income than Pale's lot.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 21:16]

And nowhere near their mahoooosive crowds
Dale v PNE on 20:26 - Oct 28 with 5036 views442Dale

As of yesterday PNE had only sold 1081.

Dale v PNE on 20:30 - Oct 28 with 5028 viewsdilleydaler

0-1 up at O's

Another win might encourage a few to come along on Sat.
Dale v PNE on 21:41 - Oct 28 with 4945 viewsrkershaw

Dale v PNE on 20:30 - Oct 28 by dilleydaler

0-1 up at O's

Another win might encourage a few to come along on Sat.

They have sold 1700 thus far according to their fans forum. Should easily break the 2k barrier!!
Dale v PNE on 22:00 - Oct 28 with 4884 viewsdingdangblue

Dale v PNE on 21:41 - Oct 28 by rkershaw

They have sold 1700 thus far according to their fans forum. Should easily break the 2k barrier!!

Currently won 8 in a row - I would be disappointed if they didn't bring closer to 3000 on a run like that. Especially if they are still getting 10,000 + crowds at home?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale v PNE on 22:25 - Oct 28 with 4813 views442Dale

Dale v PNE on 21:41 - Oct 28 by rkershaw

If it's the thread I saw, that post was followed by a copied story which says 1081.

PNE police on twitter are quite good, in reply to someone asking it was 1300ish by end of yesterday. They had over 600 at Orient tonight. Typing all that gave me a small insight into the mind of a Bradford fan.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 22:28]

Dale v PNE on 22:45 - Oct 28 with 4770 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I'm bringing a previous floater who in turn is roping in a new floater from Wigan......perhaps the home crowd might just be on the up too?

Looking good for a cracker at San Spotty.
Dale v PNE on 23:02 - Oct 28 with 4742 viewsD_Alien

Dale v PNE on 22:25 - Oct 28 by 442Dale

If it's the thread I saw, that post was followed by a copied story which says 1081.

PNE police on twitter are quite good, in reply to someone asking it was 1300ish by end of yesterday. They had over 600 at Orient tonight. Typing all that gave me a small insight into the mind of a Bradford fan.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 22:28]

Shouldn't that be an insight into the small mind of a Bradford fan?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale v PNE on 15:49 - Oct 29 with 4489 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Noticed Scott Wiseman started for PNE last night,but was n't even in the squad last Satdee......has he been injured?

PS Whitey does n't rate him at all.
Dale v PNE on 21:03 - Oct 29 with 4301 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale v PNE on 15:49 - Oct 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Noticed Scott Wiseman started for PNE last night,but was n't even in the squad last Satdee......has he been injured?

PS Whitey does n't rate him at all.

He's shit at defending. And first and foremost I like my defenders to defend. But going forward he's half decent, but nowt special. Has some great attributes which should make him a quality second tier operator at least. But he's feeble, weak minded and soft as shit.

The fact upon his arrival at PNE he told their reporter that he "didn't enjoy it at Barnsley from day one" taints him too. I mean, he breezed into Oakwell, replaced a club icon in Bobby Hassell, had two managers who picked him ahead of John Stones and yet he never enjoyed it?

His missus is a complete lunatic too.

I hope he starts against Reuben...
Dale v PNE on 21:07 - Oct 29 with 4282 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v PNE on 21:03 - Oct 29 by WhiteyBFC

He's shit at defending. And first and foremost I like my defenders to defend. But going forward he's half decent, but nowt special. Has some great attributes which should make him a quality second tier operator at least. But he's feeble, weak minded and soft as shit.

The fact upon his arrival at PNE he told their reporter that he "didn't enjoy it at Barnsley from day one" taints him too. I mean, he breezed into Oakwell, replaced a club icon in Bobby Hassell, had two managers who picked him ahead of John Stones and yet he never enjoyed it?

His missus is a complete lunatic too.

I hope he starts against Reuben...

He was ace when he played for us.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Dale v PNE on 21:37 - Oct 29 with 4244 views442Dale

Dale v PNE on 21:07 - Oct 29 by TVOS1907

He was ace when he played for us.

And he was fine when used centrally at Barnsley when they stayed up.

Dale v PNE on 21:44 - Oct 29 with 4231 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v PNE on 21:37 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

And he was fine when used centrally at Barnsley when they stayed up.

How many of these players who were crap when they left the likes of Dale for Barnsley are now playing at a lower level than Dale or Barnsley?

Dale v PNE on 21:46 - Oct 29 with 4222 viewsnordenblue

Dale v PNE on 21:44 - Oct 29 by TVOS1907

How many of these players who were crap when they left the likes of Dale for Barnsley are now playing at a lower level than Dale or Barnsley?

Tk would be a good shout, hes playing at a really low level now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024