Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale v PNE 19:43 - Oct 25 with 10507 viewsdilleydaler

So. Another one of THOSE games. Expectation rising. Visiting side; in second place, well supported local team. City and Utd meet at Eastlands on Sunday. Oldham away. Bury at home, declining form, v Cambridge.

Floaters may be up for a fix.

Estimated gate?

I'll go 5,379.

That would be nice.
Dale v PNE on 22:50 - Oct 29 with 2591 views442Dale

Preston do seem to rotate full backs a bit, could be welcoming back David Buchanan on Saturday too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale v PNE on 23:02 - Oct 29 with 2566 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v PNE on 22:50 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

Preston do seem to rotate full backs a bit, could be welcoming back David Buchanan on Saturday too.

So, Davey on one side and Wisey on the other?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale v PNE on 23:04 - Oct 29 with 2561 views442Dale

Dale v PNE on 23:02 - Oct 29 by TVOS1907

So, Davey on one side and Wisey on the other?

Buchs. Apparently.

Dale v PNE on 23:07 - Oct 29 with 2551 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v PNE on 23:04 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

Buchs. Apparently.

If I knew him, I'd have known that.

Dale v PNE on 00:10 - Oct 31 with 2257 views442Dale

2300 sold now according to their forum.

Dale v PNE on 13:42 - Oct 31 with 2069 viewsfermin

Having listened to his interview on DalePlayer it appears Scott Tanser is really looking forward to the Preston games as he is a Blackpool fan. Could be getting a bit of stick from the Preston fans!
Dale v PNE on 13:58 - Oct 31 with 2032 viewsdingdangblue

Dale v PNE on 00:10 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

2300 sold now according to their forum.

You would hope that with it being payday for a lot of folks today they might shift a few more tickets and take it over the 2500 mark.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale v PNE on 14:42 - Oct 31 with 1970 viewsrobbowood

Dale v PNE on 13:58 - Oct 31 by dingdangblue

You would hope that with it being payday for a lot of folks today they might shift a few more tickets and take it over the 2500 mark.

Now over 2600 according to the PNE ticket office and they've still got until 5.00pm

I can understand no cash sales at the turnstiles but, unless on police orders, I don't see why those PNE fans who don't have a ticket couldn't buy one for the Wilbutts from our ticket office say before 2.00pm tomorrow

What with 2500+ already sold for the Oldham game we are talking big money (compared to last season) and these two games should net us at least 80,000 pounds
Login to get fewer ads

Dale v PNE on 16:59 - Oct 31 with 1863 viewsDomDale

I reckon score draw, 2-2. Considering our recent run anything sub 6k is pi55 poor in my opinion
Same for the Owdum game, I'd be worried if we can't get 3,5k+ home fans for a "derby" with such good form.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Dale v PNE on 18:15 - Oct 31 with 1738 viewsrkershaw

Dale v PNE on 16:59 - Oct 31 by DomDale

I reckon score draw, 2-2. Considering our recent run anything sub 6k is pi55 poor in my opinion
Same for the Owdum game, I'd be worried if we can't get 3,5k+ home fans for a "derby" with such good form.

Only 200 or so tickets left according to their Fans Forum........great atmosphere in store!!!!
Dale v PNE on 19:02 - Oct 31 with 1680 viewsjokerthief

I,m 6000 miles away, but follow closely..with the big 2 Manchester teams involved on sunday..Anything under 6,000 would seem disappointing to me....Its a huge game.....
Dale v PNE on 19:04 - Oct 31 with 1675 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale v PNE on 21:37 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

And he was fine when used centrally at Barnsley when they stayed up.

Was he chuff.

How many of those games did you attend, pal?

Scott Wiseman did not help us stay up. He certainly helped put us in a position where others helped to turn it around and keep us up.

But then, I only saw us week in week out so what do I know?
Dale v PNE on 19:09 - Oct 31 with 1666 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale v PNE on 21:44 - Oct 29 by TVOS1907

How many of these players who were crap when they left the likes of Dale for Barnsley are now playing at a lower level than Dale or Barnsley?

They're still crap though. Not exactly shining in higher or same divisions are they?

Saw Perkins the other week against Huddersfield. I almost felt sorry for him, seeing him like that. Then COGba the week after, where for the first time ever I wondered what it was that I'd loved about him. Didn't get a sniff and subbed off on the hour. Paddy didn't even get off the bench.

Dawson is slightly higher than us at present but it's only a month since I saw him put in the same gash performance he did for us , but against us. Seeing him try to scythe down Cole at the end said it all. Useless, talentless, lower league standard. Tries hard though.

The rest are at Bury who are in the arse end division. Jury rests.
Dale v PNE on 19:31 - Oct 31 with 1614 views442Dale

Dale v PNE on 19:04 - Oct 31 by WhiteyBFC

Was he chuff.

How many of those games did you attend, pal?

Scott Wiseman did not help us stay up. He certainly helped put us in a position where others helped to turn it around and keep us up.

But then, I only saw us week in week out so what do I know?

I'm not going to get into a massive debate, but he played well didn't he? From memory, and it's usually pretty good (I'll tell you what socks you wore at Burnley) he was seen as doing ok as a central defender. In fact he was blamed for a goal at Huddersfield that was Crainie's mess up. I don't mind being proven wrong, but Wiseman must have been doing something right to be a centre half in a two.

No issue with him being useless the year after, took less interest.

Dale v PNE on 20:07 - Oct 31 with 1554 viewsdingdangblue

Dale v PNE on 19:09 - Oct 31 by WhiteyBFC

They're still crap though. Not exactly shining in higher or same divisions are they?

Saw Perkins the other week against Huddersfield. I almost felt sorry for him, seeing him like that. Then COGba the week after, where for the first time ever I wondered what it was that I'd loved about him. Didn't get a sniff and subbed off on the hour. Paddy didn't even get off the bench.

Dawson is slightly higher than us at present but it's only a month since I saw him put in the same gash performance he did for us , but against us. Seeing him try to scythe down Cole at the end said it all. Useless, talentless, lower league standard. Tries hard though.

So Perkins was great but now he's shit.
Paddy was great but now he's shit.
O'Grady was great but now he's shit.
Hilly was great but now he's shit.
God help Hourahourahourahey when he leaves!
[Post edited 31 Oct 2014 20:08]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale v PNE on 21:01 - Oct 31 with 1438 viewsnordenblue

Dale v PNE on 20:07 - Oct 31 by dingdangblue

Theres a definite buryesque former player appreciation theme going on there,
Dale v PNE on 21:26 - Oct 31 with 1400 viewsTVOS1907

Not sure why you've mentioned Dawson as he wasn't ours in the first place.

Of the rest, it seems the majority are playing at the same level as Dale or Barnsley, or, in some cases higher.

Regardless of whether you think the likes of Perkins, COG, Paddy are crap, they are being crap in the Championship, which was my original point.

Dale v PNE on 21:27 - Oct 31 with 1400 viewsnordenblue

Always amazes me when "fans" call a player like Dawson useless and talentless, the same useless and talentless individual that has constantly been paid thousands upon thousands of pounds every year for many a year by various chairmen, and selected to play by a manager also week in week out.
While i appreciate you may not like an individual he's far from your description regardless of his current club whitey, that ex player of yours seems to be bang on about barnsley fans tbf
Dale v PNE on 21:46 - Oct 31 with 1368 views442Dale

Dale v PNE on 21:27 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

Always amazes me when "fans" call a player like Dawson useless and talentless, the same useless and talentless individual that has constantly been paid thousands upon thousands of pounds every year for many a year by various chairmen, and selected to play by a manager also week in week out.
While i appreciate you may not like an individual he's far from your description regardless of his current club whitey, that ex player of yours seems to be bang on about barnsley fans tbf

I'll be honest and admit Dawson hasn't impressed/been downright average at best when I've seen him before joining us. Even during those games when supposedly he ran Bury's midfield ago v Dale (we had Joe Thompson in central midfield in 08/09!). However, in the main he's done very well and has deserved his place recently. Ironically he was bloody awful v Barnsley. But that was oh so predictable.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2014 21:59]

Dale v PNE on 22:17 - Oct 31 with 1314 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale v PNE on 19:31 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

I'm not going to get into a massive debate, but he played well didn't he? From memory, and it's usually pretty good (I'll tell you what socks you wore at Burnley) he was seen as doing ok as a central defender. In fact he was blamed for a goal at Huddersfield that was Crainie's mess up. I don't mind being proven wrong, but Wiseman must have been doing something right to be a centre half in a two.

No issue with him being useless the year after, took less interest.

Mate, he was shit. And you know me, and know I call it straight, no agendas. At right wing back once Stonesy went in the 3-5-2 he looked better than ever. But to be fair, as I've said already, he's got lots of attributes that'd see him as a regular at second tier level at least. And he sometimes showed that. But his weak mind/heart and lack of application killed him. But he wasn't enjoying it here apparently. And, just because he wasn't good here, doesn't make him bad elsewhere. PNE are doing well so good luck to him, despite him being a pillock with what he'd said.

Both Huddersfield goals that day were Cranie's fault. Wisey was blamed. Such was the dislike for him although they did look similar at the time.
Dale v PNE on 22:22 - Oct 31 with 1294 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale v PNE on 20:07 - Oct 31 by dingdangblue

Perkins was shit last season, hence Danny getting shut almost immediately. Before that, he'd been decent for us. But once his legs went, so did his game. He was all about energy wasn't he?

But aye, am making it up and he's amazing really...

Paddy was a genius for 0.4% of his time here. Rest of the time he was pathetic. But when he was genius, it was a joy to watch and I'll always think fondly of him. I only stated he didn't get off the bench. He ought to be a regular in their side, his game suits theirs. COG's doesn't. As for the big man, he was fantastic for us and I will always think fondly of him too. But he's not exactly showing up well is he since leaving?

Hilly was always great, for me. Even when he wasn't.

Hourihane will be sold in the next window or the one in the summer of 2015. He's far too good for him not to be gambled on by a Championship club. Best player in this division. Just hope we're suitably recompensed.
Dale v PNE on 22:28 - Oct 31 with 1271 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale v PNE on 21:26 - Oct 31 by TVOS1907

Not sure why you've mentioned Dawson as he wasn't ours in the first place.

Of the rest, it seems the majority are playing at the same level as Dale or Barnsley, or, in some cases higher.

Regardless of whether you think the likes of Perkins, COG, Paddy are crap, they are being crap in the Championship, which was my original point.

I was just naming a few lads who left. Was going to name Cywka, Mellis and O'Brien but what's the point? None are doing owt for their clubs.

The amount of ex players in recent years who've gone on to do owt better than us can be counted on one hand - Butterfield, Stones, Vaz Te, Trippier, Drinkwater. And two of those were loanees, two have not really progressed as imagined and the other is future England captain John Stones.

If you expect me to applaud Perkins for being as bad as he was for us (even worse actually, look at the state of Blackpool) just because he's in the Champ, you'll be waiting a while. And I never said I think COG or Paddy were or are crap. Far from it. But again, they're bit parters in the bottom end of the Champ. If owt, they've gone backwards.
Dale v PNE on 22:29 - Oct 31 with 1266 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v PNE on 22:22 - Oct 31 by WhiteyBFC

Perkins was shit last season, hence Danny getting shut almost immediately. Before that, he'd been decent for us. But once his legs went, so did his game. He was all about energy wasn't he?

But aye, am making it up and he's amazing really...

Paddy was a genius for 0.4% of his time here. Rest of the time he was pathetic. But when he was genius, it was a joy to watch and I'll always think fondly of him. I only stated he didn't get off the bench. He ought to be a regular in their side, his game suits theirs. COG's doesn't. As for the big man, he was fantastic for us and I will always think fondly of him too. But he's not exactly showing up well is he since leaving?

Hilly was always great, for me. Even when he wasn't.

Hourihane will be sold in the next window or the one in the summer of 2015. He's far too good for him not to be gambled on by a Championship club. Best player in this division. Just hope we're suitably recompensed.

Using your earlier logic to 442, you can't say Hourihane is the best player in the division unless you've seen every other player.

Dale v PNE on 22:33 - Oct 31 with 1254 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale v PNE on 21:27 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

I could name you hundreds of former BFC players who'd tell you we're the best fans around. The day I take as gospel something whinged by a player who failed here will be the day I'm joining a cult.

You've got Mike Flynn at Spotland, coaching the youths. Worst centre half I've seen for us. And 99% of reds fans. But in a recent interview he blamed the fans and called us strange and the town 'funny'. Nowt to do with him being gash at football at that point. He was obviously great at Stockport etc. No qualms. But shit for us. Which I'm allowed to point out. Just as you think certain players were shit for you.

End of the day, you're only whingeing because I'm saying negative things about your best ever players. The likes of Perkins, Wiseman, COG etc.

Our worst ever players ended up joining your club. Which sez a lot.

Enjoy your big derby game tomorrow (is it a derby?) cos I will enjoy ours.

Night folks.
Dale v PNE on 22:35 - Oct 31 with 1251 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v PNE on 22:28 - Oct 31 by WhiteyBFC

I was just naming a few lads who left. Was going to name Cywka, Mellis and O'Brien but what's the point? None are doing owt for their clubs.

The amount of ex players in recent years who've gone on to do owt better than us can be counted on one hand - Butterfield, Stones, Vaz Te, Trippier, Drinkwater. And two of those were loanees, two have not really progressed as imagined and the other is future England captain John Stones.

If you expect me to applaud Perkins for being as bad as he was for us (even worse actually, look at the state of Blackpool) just because he's in the Champ, you'll be waiting a while. And I never said I think COG or Paddy were or are crap. Far from it. But again, they're bit parters in the bottom end of the Champ. If owt, they've gone backwards.

They are still playing at the same level as they were this time last year.

In fact, I lied. They are at a higher level as Brighton aren't in the relegation zone yet.

Again, my original question was about players who had played for Dale and then went to Barnsley. I don't know enough about the others you mention so they aren't relevant to the original question.

Not you in particular, Whitey, but a large proportion of your fans seem to hold the ex-Dale players and anyone associated with Hill mainly responsible for Barnsley currently being in the bottom half of League 1, which is nonsense.

And I don't know what socks you wore at Burnley.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024