Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham 22:18 - Oct 29 with 30471 viewsDomDale

According to their site sold 2,3k out of 3k allocation already which is bloody good going and will make for a good atmosphere.

What has made me laugh is this thread on their forum : http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46060-rochdale/page-9

I thought they didn't care about us? (I certainly have no ill feeling towards them) Their "ultras" section seemingly planning on making some anti-Dale banners

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Oldham on 11:30 - Oct 31 with 4695 viewsRosun

"Can you sing without a drum".
A bit like those tossers at Chesterfield. Including that utter twunt in the gold jacket.
Oldham on 13:23 - Oct 31 with 4565 viewsMoonyDale

Oldham on 10:17 - Oct 31 by dingdangblue

It is a derby game.

Dale V Bury is a derby game, Dale V Oldham is nothing more than a game like any other apart from the proximity of the clubs. There is no rivalry with Oldham at all, even after years of the Rose Bowl matches. Don't hate them, don't feel anything towards them. Just want 3 points as every other week.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Oldham on 13:31 - Oct 31 with 4546 viewsScunnydale

Yeah, it's an odd one this. With just six miles between the clubs there should be a rivalry. I just don't feel anything towards them. In fact, back in their glory days, I was quite pleased for them.

Of course, I'm happy to call them Biffos and enjoy the light-hearted ribbing that's bound to happen as we get closer to the match - but that happens with most teams.
Oldham on 13:40 - Oct 31 with 4530 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 23:17 - Oct 30 by D_Alien

What did it say?

'I'M 12'

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham on 14:00 - Oct 31 with 4492 viewsParkinsGimp

Oldham on 13:23 - Oct 31 by MoonyDale

Dale V Bury is a derby game, Dale V Oldham is nothing more than a game like any other apart from the proximity of the clubs. There is no rivalry with Oldham at all, even after years of the Rose Bowl matches. Don't hate them, don't feel anything towards them. Just want 3 points as every other week.....

I disagree,

There used to be massive rivalry in the old days.
They just went bertie big b"lls for a time but coming back down to where they belong.
I certainly dont like em , in a footballing sense that is :-)
Oldham on 14:08 - Oct 31 with 4465 viewsdingdangblue

Oldham on 13:23 - Oct 31 by MoonyDale

'Saturday’s match kicks off a busy month for Dale, with six games scheduled including a trip to MK Dons and a home derby against Oldham Athletic.
Hill recognises that it’ll be a difficult month, but says the focus is fully on Preston, first and foremost. '

Whether there are feelings between the clubs or none - its still a derby match. Obviously with them being in a higher division for most of our Dale supporting lives there's not been the amount of games compared to bury - there's been no reason to have built up a rivalry as we hardly ever play them.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2014 15:23]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oldham on 14:45 - Oct 31 with 4416 viewsMoonyDale

Oldham on 14:00 - Oct 31 by ParkinsGimp

I disagree,

There used to be massive rivalry in the old days.
They just went bertie big b"lls for a time but coming back down to where they belong.
I certainly dont like em , in a footballing sense that is :-)

Depends what you mean by the "Old days" I've been going since 1968 and not in all that time have I noticed a massive rivalry, there was always more of a rivalry with Burnley...Never understood that myself like. I for my sins resided on Oldham edge for 8 years during the time of the riots in Oldham and my mates over there saw us as rivals, just don't get it at all....The only positive for me is the bumper crowd and the extra dosh in the Dale coffers....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Oldham on 15:05 - Oct 31 with 4379 viewspioneer

Oldham on 14:45 - Oct 31 by MoonyDale

Depends what you mean by the "Old days" I've been going since 1968 and not in all that time have I noticed a massive rivalry, there was always more of a rivalry with Burnley...Never understood that myself like. I for my sins resided on Oldham edge for 8 years during the time of the riots in Oldham and my mates over there saw us as rivals, just don't get it at all....The only positive for me is the bumper crowd and the extra dosh in the Dale coffers....

Anyone who went to the rose bowl in 1969, or the FA Cup tie in 1970 will remember there was a fierce rivalry between the teams and their supporters which spread to league games once we found ourselves in the same division. But because we only shared the same division for 3 seasons the rivalry faded.

Difficult to maintain rivalries when you dont play each other - unless of course you are Bury where your fierce rivals include Bolton, Man C, Man U and probably Real Madrid.
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham on 15:25 - Oct 31 with 4341 viewsD_Alien

It's a bit like meeting up with an ex some years down the line.

You can remember you once had feelings but you're looking at her now and can't remember why you had them!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham on 15:32 - Oct 31 with 4323 viewsSandyman

Without us, who do Oldham have any genuine rivalry with?

And as for the "McDonalds" banner, I presume they haven't cottoned on that this company has two outlets in Rochdale, (Kingsway and Sandbrook Park) ergo they haven't left Rochdale because it's "so shit"...
Oldham on 15:33 - Oct 31 with 4319 viewstazzydjr

Quote from an Oldham Fan this morning "we've already sold 2,700 Tickets, we'll have fan's in your home end's aswell"

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Oldham on 18:44 - Oct 31 with 4154 viewsDomDale

Oldham on 15:33 - Oct 31 by tazzydjr

Quote from an Oldham Fan this morning "we've already sold 2,700 Tickets, we'll have fan's in your home end's aswell"

Personally I think that's bollox. Away end holds 3,6k and their home crowd (-away fans) is usually in the 3-3,5k Mark. I doubt EVERY regular home fan will attend plus floaters. If they do then they really do see this fixture as a big rivalry match, more so than us.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Oldham on 18:45 - Oct 31 with 4152 viewsbennersdale

Aren't drums banned at Spotland due to complaints being made by residents?

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Oldham on 21:14 - Oct 31 with 4031 viewsShun

Are you sure you didn't write that quote yourself? It has your grammar.
Oldham on 21:27 - Oct 31 with 4009 viewsdingdangblue

Oldham on 21:14 - Oct 31 by Shun

Are you sure you didn't write that quote yourself? It has your grammar.

Don't bring Tazzy's Gran into it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oldham on 00:06 - Nov 1 with 3442 viewsWeeJockBarmy

BIFFO in peace here.

Nowt wrong with a cheeky banner every now and then, if it's clever and witty. But to debate it beforehand on a message board is cringe worthy.

Hope it's a good game with a great atmosphere. Both teams doing well for a change and even though i hope we stuff you it would be great if both teams were up there at the end of the season.

Looks like we'll sell out our allocation early next week. Do dale ever give away teams some of the standing terrace?

O.A.F.C

Oldham on 00:15 - Nov 1 with 3434 views442Dale

Oldham on 00:06 - Nov 1 by WeeJockBarmy

BIFFO in peace here.

Nowt wrong with a cheeky banner every now and then, if it's clever and witty. But to debate it beforehand on a message board is cringe worthy.

Hope it's a good game with a great atmosphere. Both teams doing well for a change and even though i hope we stuff you it would be great if both teams were up there at the end of the season.

Looks like we'll sell out our allocation early next week. Do dale ever give away teams some of the standing terrace?

No.

Unless your banners are particularly funny.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham on 00:29 - Nov 1 with 3421 viewsD_Alien

Oldham on 00:06 - Nov 1 by WeeJockBarmy

BIFFO in peace here.

Try turning up dressed as a skip.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham on 01:59 - Nov 1 with 3376 viewsbig_dave2010

Yeah OK, your info sucks, tazzbotty.. usual pre derby match rubbish... yawn yawn yawn
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 13:11]
Oldham on 09:58 - Nov 1 with 3269 viewstazzydjr

Oldham on 01:59 - Nov 1 by big_dave2010

Yeah OK, your info sucks, tazzbotty.. usual pre derby match rubbish... yawn yawn yawn
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 13:11]

Only putting what were said by the excited Oldham Fan i saw yesterday morning

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Oldham on 11:42 - Nov 1 with 3197 viewsregjenkins

Oldham on 15:05 - Oct 31 by pioneer

Anyone who went to the rose bowl in 1969, or the FA Cup tie in 1970 will remember there was a fierce rivalry between the teams and their supporters which spread to league games once we found ourselves in the same division. But because we only shared the same division for 3 seasons the rivalry faded.

Difficult to maintain rivalries when you dont play each other - unless of course you are Bury where your fierce rivals include Bolton, Man C, Man U and probably Real Madrid.

i agree pioneer. Those games were warm to say the least in the days of no segregation, and you have a point in saying that post 1970 we have hardly met, the generations of Latics fans just don't see us as a rival club now. If things don't change for a few years then it will pick up again no doubt. Two victories against them this season will do a lot to help that one!

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Oldham on 12:33 - Nov 1 with 3134 viewssweetcorn

It kicked off both home and Away in our first season in league one, so there is obviously some feeling of animosity there..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Oldham on 12:44 - Nov 4 with 2880 viewsaleanddale

Well they have sold out!! fair play with 4 weeks to go.

It will be funny now if they go on a losing run they will be giving them away!!

Make hay i recon. how much does the first block ( by the TDS ) in the Main stand Hold.

That would be relatively easy to steward / Police.

Looking like Owdum might be dotted around the home stands as well but the same happened when we beat leeds and they were as quiet as church mice.
Oldham on 15:54 - Nov 4 with 2696 viewsKenBoon

This has been doing my head in so I need to let it free.
There are at least two McDonalds outlets in Rochdale, ergo, it hasn't left.
Oldham on 15:57 - Nov 4 with 2683 viewsnordenblue

Oldham on 15:54 - Nov 4 by KenBoon

This has been doing my head in so I need to let it free.
There are at least two McDonalds outlets in Rochdale, ergo, it hasn't left.

Theres 2 exactly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024