Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract news 14:20 - Oct 31 with 6615 viewsScunnydale

News of someone signing a new contract imminent...
Contract news on 14:30 - Oct 31 with 5206 viewsColDale

Eastham, Diba or Lund?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Contract news on 14:32 - Oct 31 with 5179 viewsisitme

McGinty?
Contract news on 14:49 - Oct 31 with 5086 views442Dale

It's Lund until summer '16

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Contract news on 14:49 - Oct 31 with 5086 viewsMeanwood_dale

Lund signs to summer of 2016
Contract news on 14:51 - Oct 31 with 5059 viewsScunnydale

Great news!

As Hill says, keeping key players (or at least getting them to sign extensions) is a step in the right direction.
Contract news on 14:55 - Oct 31 with 5020 viewsisitme

Contract news on 14:51 - Oct 31 by Scunnydale

Great news!

As Hill says, keeping key players (or at least getting them to sign extensions) is a step in the right direction.

Indeed.

Last season he was one of the best midfielders in the league. Hopefully he can steer clear of injuries as he will chip in with his fair share of goals.
Contract news on 15:04 - Oct 31 with 4957 viewsdingdangblue

Contract news on 14:55 - Oct 31 by isitme

Indeed.

Last season he was one of the best midfielders in the league. Hopefully he can steer clear of injuries as he will chip in with his fair share of goals.

Well pleased with this. As Hill says it will benefit him signing - he'll get a league 1 wage in the short term and in the long term we wont be forced to sell him in Jan or risk losing him for nowt in summer. Its not like we hand out 5-6 year deals so he's not tied down and we aren't the sort of club who would stand in his way should he get a better offer which would suit both parties.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Contract news on 15:07 - Oct 31 with 4941 viewsisitme

Contract news on 15:04 - Oct 31 by dingdangblue

Well pleased with this. As Hill says it will benefit him signing - he'll get a league 1 wage in the short term and in the long term we wont be forced to sell him in Jan or risk losing him for nowt in summer. Its not like we hand out 5-6 year deals so he's not tied down and we aren't the sort of club who would stand in his way should he get a better offer which would suit both parties.

I'm sure his contract will contain a clause that if an acceptable offer came in for him from a better club it would be accepted.
Login to get fewer ads

Contract news on 15:17 - Oct 31 with 4894 viewsleedsdale

Contract news on 14:32 - Oct 31 by isitme

McGinty?

I had genuinely forgotten about McGinty: surely we must try and get him out on loan to get some first team football?
Contract news on 15:34 - Oct 31 with 4838 views442Dale

Contract news on 15:17 - Oct 31 by leedsdale

I had genuinely forgotten about McGinty: surely we must try and get him out on loan to get some first team football?

He could made available for a free transfer. Nowhere near the first team.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Contract news on 15:35 - Oct 31 with 4825 viewstazzydjr

Nice to see we've got our Northern Ireland International on board till 2016

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Contract news on 15:41 - Oct 31 with 4791 viewsSaxonDale

Think we may just need to be patient with McGinty, still only 21. Hilly admitted he did himself no favours in preseason but he must have shown something in training during his time on loan for Hill to think he's worth having in the squad.

Great news about Lund- It would appear his heart is in it after all (not that it should take him signing a contract to prove such.) The prospect of seeing Allen, Lund and Hery develop together for another 2 years is very exciting and has me dreaming of the Championship.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2014 17:11]
Contract news on 15:50 - Oct 31 with 4754 viewssweetcorn

Cant believe he's signed a contract when his hearts not in it!!

Whoever made that comment, bet you feel a tit now.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Contract news on 15:57 - Oct 31 with 4730 viewsJimmyRustler

I was hoping it'd be Rose tbh.

Good man 'Lundy'
Contract news on 15:59 - Oct 31 with 4724 viewsBigKindo

Contract news on 15:57 - Oct 31 by JimmyRustler

I was hoping it'd be Rose tbh.

Good man 'Lundy'

I thought he signed a new contract last summer?
Contract news on 16:07 - Oct 31 with 4688 views100notout

Contract news on 15:50 - Oct 31 by sweetcorn

Cant believe he's signed a contract when his hearts not in it!!

Whoever made that comment, bet you feel a tit now.

That would be me sir!

Don't feel like that at all. Delighted he's signed - don't know why it took him so long but he's done it now so fair play. Committment from both the player and the club - some say a contract doesn't mean anything - well it means he doesn't walk away for nothing at the end of the season and I'm sure the club won't stand in his way if a suitable offer comes in for him from another club.

I still wouldn't have played Lund ahead of Hery given his long lay off and lack of match fitness but hey I'm just a message board manager in hilly we trust!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Contract news on 18:21 - Oct 31 with 4383 viewsdingdangblue

Contract news on 16:07 - Oct 31 by 100notout

That would be me sir!

Don't feel like that at all. Delighted he's signed - don't know why it took him so long but he's done it now so fair play. Committment from both the player and the club - some say a contract doesn't mean anything - well it means he doesn't walk away for nothing at the end of the season and I'm sure the club won't stand in his way if a suitable offer comes in for him from another club.

I still wouldn't have played Lund ahead of Hery given his long lay off and lack of match fitness but hey I'm just a message board manager in hilly we trust!

Lund and Hery both have loads to offer this team - no one will argue should Hilly play either or both when they are fit. The real issue for many was Lund starting v Barnsley when he'd been out of action for nearly 2 months. There's no way he should have been thrown back in to such a tough game and in hindsight I'm sure Hilly would have picked a different starting 11. Glad he's back to near his best again and looking forward to him causing Preston lots of problems tomorrow.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Contract news on 18:42 - Oct 31 with 4313 viewsDaley_Lama

I was not mithered by you wanting Hery ahead of Lund 100notout, it was the statement that his heart was not in it ad infinitum. Your knowledge of that and use of this for team selection over and above Hilly was where the message board manager thing came in.

All water under the bridge and I'm in no way smug about this at all.

Cracking player, glad he's here for another 1.5 years minimum.

Poll: DF in or out

Contract news on 18:58 - Oct 31 with 4262 views100notout

Contract news on 18:42 - Oct 31 by Daley_Lama

I was not mithered by you wanting Hery ahead of Lund 100notout, it was the statement that his heart was not in it ad infinitum. Your knowledge of that and use of this for team selection over and above Hilly was where the message board manager thing came in.

All water under the bridge and I'm in no way smug about this at all.

Cracking player, glad he's here for another 1.5 years minimum.

He was offered a new contract in the summer - everyone else that was offered one signed it almost immediately. The fact that he didn't imho meant that he was either holding the club to ransom or he wanted out - either way it was't the sign of someone that would run through a brick wall for his manager and team mates so I stand by that comment.

We'll never know why he took so long to sign a contract or what mountains the club have had to move for him to sign but sign it he has so its water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Hope he can make a huge contribution to the rest of our season and beyond.

Contract news on 19:12 - Oct 31 with 4215 viewsDaley_Lama

Probably down to his agent, they're buggers they are. Or his missus, they're even worse

Contract news on 21:34 - Oct 31 with 4052 viewsnordenblue

Contract news on 18:58 - Oct 31 by 100notout

He was offered a new contract in the summer - everyone else that was offered one signed it almost immediately. The fact that he didn't imho meant that he was either holding the club to ransom or he wanted out - either way it was't the sign of someone that would run through a brick wall for his manager and team mates so I stand by that comment.

We'll never know why he took so long to sign a contract or what mountains the club have had to move for him to sign but sign it he has so its water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Hope he can make a huge contribution to the rest of our season and beyond.

You've not got a clue whats going on in his personal life for him not to sign immediately so id lay off the his hearts not in it sort of comments as its laughable, Hilly would have shipped him out a long while ago if thats the case.
How would you suggest Lund or any player gets match fitness then if he was not to be played for not being match fit, warming the bench would cetainly sharpen him up?
Contract news on 23:04 - Oct 31 with 3932 viewsD_Alien

End of the day, Dale fans are entitled to their take on a player who we took to our hearts last season but who then prevaricated when it came to signing up to the cause in a higher division.

There's no need to defend or apologise either way, it's just football and the emotions it engenders. We turn up with the expectation of seeing something above and beyond the everyday and KH has delivered that.

Given the above, it's still pretty damn smug to start maligning fellow fans in a condescending manner when you've got absolutely nothing to be condescending about. That's the epitome of smug and it's also the epitome of crud. Yarrrghhhhh.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Contract news on 00:13 - Nov 1 with 3847 viewsDaley_Lama

Smug, condescending and mallignant.

That hurts.

Contract news on 00:21 - Nov 1 with 3838 viewsD_Alien

Contract news on 00:13 - Nov 1 by Daley_Lama

Smug, condescending and mallignant.

That hurts.

It hurts some fans when players who we think are really really proud to be wearing the shirt that we follow with our money and our loyalty (no sweat there) appear to have one eye on an exit clause.

I'm not one of them btw. I know they're professional footballers and its their living. But I do understand that, even in the throes of victory, there's something that gets taken away by the reality. I just wish you'd allowed for that when you were yargggghhh-ing away last Saturday. And then tore into fans who bleed Rochdale blood.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Contract news on 00:24 - Nov 1 with 3834 views100notout

Contract news on 21:34 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

You've not got a clue whats going on in his personal life for him not to sign immediately so id lay off the his hearts not in it sort of comments as its laughable, Hilly would have shipped him out a long while ago if thats the case.
How would you suggest Lund or any player gets match fitness then if he was not to be played for not being match fit, warming the bench would cetainly sharpen him up?

youre right I dont know whats going on in his personal life just as you don't know whats going on in hillys mind to say that he would have shipped him out.

And as for match fitness there was a tinpot trophy match immediately after the Barnsley game that would have been perfect for him to play in

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024